Thread: Dont have Relieving letter from previous employer but have experience letter

Dont have Relieving letter from previous employer but have experience letter

Dear all,
    I have strange problem and hope that will find a perfect solution from any one of you.
    I Joined HCL in April 2007 and worked for 5 Months only at gurgaon. After 5 Months i resigned and joined a company in mumbai.

Now problem is HCL did not accept my resignation and told me that you had to complete the given task first. Even i was ready to pay Salary for 1 month as notice period compensation.
    So i they terminated my job and did not provide me the relieving letter. So I left HCL just after 2 days of my resignation. finally i settled my account with them after 1.5 years and paid the notice period amount and they provided me the experience letter only and abt relieving letter they said its not required now as it does not make sense after 1.5 yrs.

so if i join a new company now wht should i tell them about HCL.
    Question1. Reason for delayed Experience letter after 1.5 yrs they given me
    question 2. What HCL HR will reply if some company do verification of me at HCL
    question 3. i dont have relieving letter only experience letter?

please suggest me as i will be joining Hexaware next month
    Last edited by VirenderSihag; May 21st, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Failure is not the worst thing, worst thing is not to try..
    Regards,
    Virender Sihag.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VirenderSihag For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (March 19th, 2012)

Since you already have more than 3 years of experience, why not ignore the 5 months experience?
    Not a big deal right?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to malikdeepak1 For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (March 21st, 2012)

yes this option came to mind. but i have already given my resume to HR and all interview rounds are done, i will joing in next month!
    Regards,
    Virender Sihag.

If you are good at work, it will hardly matter for them where you worked earlier.
    Maximum verification goes down to one level i.e. previous company. Uste pahldi ne koe na puchta.
    And HCL will tell them that you were their employee from so and so date to such and such date. Even if they say that you were terminated for irresponsible behavior, it should not matter to your current company because they know what you are capable of and selected you based on your knowledge and approach(attitude). They may silently observe your behavior, but it will not go long. You give good quality work on schedule, consistently! and everything falls in place!

bada hi vadiya reply ditta yaar deepak. ye sab thik hai agar ye question poocha to ki jawab dewan

Regards,
    Virender Sihag.

For that you need to fabricate some answer.

Do you belong to Mumbai? or staying away from home?
    Did anywhere you mentioned in your resume about your permanent address(if it is not Mumbai)?

If no, then a very easy answer is that due to an emergency in family, i had to come back to Mumbai leaving HCL. I told them but they did not approve my resignation. Since family is my first priority, i left the company which is void of understanding family responsibilities. And hence they deliberately delayed my experience letter!

Baki aade ghane e sher baithe se.. koi or bhi badhiya sa bahana de dega bhai. Er ghani tension nahi liya kare in batta ki.

Quote Originally Posted by VirenderSihag View Post
    bada hi vadiya reply ditta yaar deepak. ye sab thik hai agar ye question poocha to ki jawab dewan

If you want to be truthful, you can also say that it took 1.5 long years to get some paper work related to your work with the company ,in order. But you both did manage to get it done even if took a little extra time.

Regards,

Urmila.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

Hello Virender,
    As Deepak has already mentioned, any organization would at-most do one level of verification, so if you have all documents from that, it would be fine. And as far as delay in the experience letter is concerned, since Hexaware has already selected you, so on the day of your joining, the HR person would merely collect all the relevant certificates from you and welcome you with same old "Welcome aboard" vaali line !! Nothing more than that!

Quote Originally Posted by VirenderSihag View Post
    Dear all,
    I have strange problem and hope that will find a perfect solution from any one of you.
    I Joined HCL in April 2007 and worked for 5 Months only at gurgaon. After 5 Months i resigned and joined a company in mumbai.

Now problem is HCL did not accept my resignation and told me that you had to complete the given task first. Even i was ready to pay Salary for 1 month as notice period compensation.
    So i they terminated my job and did not provide me the relieving letter. So I left HCL just after 2 days of my resignation. finally i settled my account with them after 1.5 years and paid the notice period amount and they provided me the experience letter only and abt relieving letter they said its not required now as it does not make sense after 1.5 yrs.

so if i join a new company now wht should i tell them about HCL.
    question 2. What HCL HR will reply if some company do verification of me at HCL
    question 3. i dont have relieving letter only experience letter?

please suggest me as i will be joining Hexaware next month
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neetu21 For This Useful Post:

malikdeepak1 (May 21st, 2011), Prikshit (March 21st, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by duhan View Post
    If you want to be truthful, you can also say that it took 1.5 long years to get some paper work related to your work with the company ,in order. But you both did manage to get it done even if took a little extra time.

Regards,

Urmila.
    He will be in firing line for many other related questions then!

Better to relax and dont think over it too much. This is not such a big issue that company will pay more attention on this specific thing.
    Keep all documents in place on date of joining. Your work is done!

क्यों कटकड़ तारर्या स वीरेंदर तेरा काम हो ज्या गा | इब्ब काचे काट |
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

thank you all ravinderjeet ji, deepak, Neetu. After reading your comments i am feeling like i was taking too much pressure.
    now i am relaxed but will take care of all your suggestoins.
    Regards,
    Virender Sihag.

Answer 1: Nobody checks the 'date of issue' on Experience letter, there is no point either.

Answer 2: As someone in some previous post rightly said, mostly the verification goes down to one level only. (Hope you didnt do any thing wrong at HCL, ending up in being terminated.. and it was a simple resignation only)

Answer 3: Relieving Letter is only required from the last job, so that your present employer could get to know that you were relieved from that last assignment & there are no pending engagements with them (it's just like an acknowledgement of your acceptence of Resignation)

and hence there is no harm in giving you a job and you'll be able to furnish your experience letter once you join them. A kind of assurance.

So you only need to show the relieving letter from your Mumbai Based last working company only. And for rest all previous companies you've worked with, Experience letter is only required, which you already have.

So go ahead to enjoy your new job.

All the best.
    Last edited by ssgoyat; May 21st, 2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: to add more answers
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

bhupindersingh (May 24th, 2011)

OK Satinder bhai
    Regards,
    Virender Sihag.

If you have experience letter, you can escape relieving letter and other exit formality documents. However, if someone asks that why it took so long to get it, you can always say that i misplaced my exp. letter and asked HCL HR to send once again.
    Relieving letter or experience letter could be asked for last 5 organizations and in some cases, even more then that, and verification could be steep in some cases, companies like ORACLE ask for all relieving letters till date, however if you don't have that, you can always show the joining/offer letter and last month salary slip.
    In your case, nothing to worry and best of luck for future endeavours.
    LeTz SpReAd ----JaTiSm-----
    --JaTiSm Is NoT A ReLiGiOn, ItZ StAtE oF MiNd--

Hi Virendra,
    Can you provide me the information about the company, one of my friend sister got offer letter from Hexaware Chennai.
    We would like to know about the company and kind of work as company have some 3 year bond for fresher.
    Please provide me some information about the company that can help us to take call about her joining.

Regards
    Pradeep Panwar
    "Do not worry about winning or losing. Work hard and you will be successful."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to panwar18 For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (March 19th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by panwar18 View Post
    Hi Virendra,
    Can you provide me the information about the company, one of my friend sister got offer letter from Hexaware Chennai.
    We would like to know about the company and kind of work as company have some 3 year bond for fresher.
    Please provide me some information about the company that can help us to take call about her joining.

Regards
    Pradeep Panwar
    3 years is a long time, I would say one should go for it only when she don't have other options.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

Thanks Prikshit,
    I agree with your point that 3 years is a long time but irrespective of that for fresher to get the break is really tough compare to experience, so i feel if company is good then join and if later get any other opportunity pay Rs 1 Lakh as per bond and move out.
    "Do not worry about winning or losing. Work hard and you will be successful."

Quote Originally Posted by panwar18 View Post
    Thanks Prikshit,
    I agree with your point that 3 years is a long time but irrespective of that for fresher to get the break is really tough compare to experience, so i feel if company is good then join and if later get any other opportunity pay Rs 1 Lakh as per bond and move out.
    See I am serving a 2 year bond being a part of esteemed IT company, I feel 2 years is a long time for me.

I have said if it is the only option then she must go for it.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.