Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Genetic Analysis of my DNA

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    but this is certain Jats never originated from India, they migrated from other places. You can see clear difference in every other traits .. we resemble more with Iranian, spartans, greek, pathans compare to fellow Indians. Hence it proves!
    India has been a country of migrants. As per DNA thing the whole world originated from North Africa. So basically no one originated from India, Lol.

Who are fellow Indians, and it proved what exactly?
    Last edited by VirJ; June 24th, 2011 at 07:51 AM. Reason: ed
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Quote Originally Posted by annch View Post
    hahahahaha! You are right Prashant. It is not that Jats originated from Sythians. It is the Sythians who originated from Jats.
    Exactly!! Jat / gatae /messagetae /goth / jit /jarta..These were used for the central asian/northwesteuropean warrior race people who spread around from that place and conquered this world...Be proud of your ethnicity...Though these people assimilated with the local people everywhere they moved, so mixing was obvious. jats are the best representative of those tribes in India in today world....
    vivek/simrinjit, such type of test is not possible in India??
    Last edited by prashantacmet; June 24th, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Possible in India from around Rs9000 (Google it). I think such test will get cheaper in near future.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (June 24th, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 25th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by VipinJyani View Post
    India has been a country of migrants. As per DNA thing the whole world originated from North Africa. So basically no one originated from India, Lol.

why are you going back to africa..even history of last 2-3 thousands years is quite vague.....in post number 12 also kapil posted a link having some DNA results...just see the result of a Jatt and compare it with other people there..
    Last edited by prashantacmet; June 24th, 2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

VP ji, आप भी मानस इ पड़े हो !!

Its not a "parental test". Its only indictive of your ancient ancestory.

Anyway they say, all the present human race started from Africa many years later they developed some 'specific genes' as per the conditions.
    Vipin, thanks for the information. The Africa theory is widely acceptable by the scientists and anthropologists. Can you explain which are the conditions which lead to gene mutation or development of 'specific gene'.

Quote Originally Posted by vpsingh View Post
    Can you explain which are the conditions which lead to gene mutation or development of 'specific gene'.
    Tough conditions (both living and weather) and isolation from other co-existing humans.

We all have link to African origin - Even for people who otherwise so "like" to be linked to 'white skin'/caucasians and selectively popularize that part.

Regards,

Urmila.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

I was just replying to Annch's post. Fellow Indians means fellow non-Jat ppl of India.

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by simranjits View Post
    Hi guys , i'm the owner of that blog. Those bga plots are very telling. The balochis and makrani are clearly closer and tend towards the iranians , while the burusho and the pashtuns cluster with the jatts, and some more towards the north east europeans like vivek.

I'm quite suprised by the clustering of my wife towards the burusho cluster though( they have a sizeable north east asian component in the admixture results if you look around in my blog for the pie charts. My guess is this could be from the white huns , which then makes sense for jatts to cluster with them i guess.

I hope more jatts get tested with 23andme. This is not just a y-dna/mtdna test but an autosomal test ,sampling bits of all of your chromosomes so we get a more accurate picture of the jatt genetic makeup. I do have some extra kits , if you are based in singapore i can provide you with a free kit.

Simranjit, can these results stand the test of peer review by scientific community?

Regards,

Urmila.

Quote Originally Posted by duhan View Post
    Simranjit, can these results stand the test of peer review by scientific community?

Regards,

Urmila.
    Theres nothing to peer review ,it's not a research paper. Results are genuine and not fake.
    Just an update Vivek has got his results from DODECADs admixture , the admixture components for the Jatts are as follows

The jatts are primarily composed of 3 main components (West Asian ,North Euro , South Asian)
    SO i will provide them in that following order.

West Asian North Euro South Asian
    34.1% 18.5% 47.4% (Jhaj Jatt)
    33.4% 16.2% 50.2% (Gill Jatt)
    33.2% 14.8% 49.7% (Sandhu Jatt) - this one has 1.5% South Euro as well
    31.1% 20.7% 47.1% (Tomar Jatt)
    31.8% 12% 53.9% (Mohar Jatt)

So generally the Jatts have about 16-20% Euro Mixture(south and north) , and about 33% west asian and about 50% south asian.
    Last edited by simranjits; June 25th, 2011 at 08:53 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to simranjits For This Useful Post:

ravinderjeet (June 25th, 2011)

Urmila

Caucasian has nothing to do with white. The term Caucasian is termed for people who originated in Caucasus mountains near Georgia (Former Russian republic ). Heck, the term Caucasian even has 'asian' in it. One branch reportedly migrated to India. North Indian are termed as Caucasians for most part by anthropologist. . We all share majority of the genes. Its just small mutations that help us determine our history of which very little is known. I had heard via oral history that majority of Jats used to once reside in Afghanistan and a popular vocation was looting the Invaders that were taking back riches from India. The only reason I found linkage to russians interesting as it gives a slight weight to the Scythian theory (although the sample size is minuscule). I am proud to be who i am, and will not fall in the trap of some Pakistanis or Indian who may feel superior because their skin is a shade lighter than their darker countrymates. The genetic difference between different population of South Asia is minor compared with say South Asians and Middle eastern people.
    Last edited by vivek; June 26th, 2011 at 04:32 AM.
    Education is the best provision for old age.

Aristotle

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vivek For This Useful Post:

cooljat (June 26th, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 25th, 2011), spdeshwal (June 26th, 2011)

For me, genes are important,and deeds even more. If you take pride in our genetic makeup that allowed us to conquer the world in our past, then let's do the same now to retain that pride.
    Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    Exactly!! Jat / gatae /messagetae /goth / jit /jarta..These were used for the central asian/northwesteuropean warrior race people who spread around from that place and conquered this world...Be proud of your ethnicity...Though these people assimilated with the local people everywhere they moved, so mixing was obvious. jats are the best representative of those tribes in India in today world....
    vivek/simrinjit, such type of test is not possible in India??

16. The Following User Says Thank You to annch For This Useful Post:

ravinderjeet (June 25th, 2011)

We're here discussing solely about our ethnicity, ancestry, genes and 'bout our History .. what it has to take with deeds or moral science.
    History subject is entirely different moral science .. Ain't it true ?

Quote Originally Posted by annch View Post
    For me, genes are important,and deeds even more. If you take pride in our genetic makeup that allowed us to conquer the world in our past, then let's do the same now to retain that pride.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

The context was "taking pride in our ethnicity"...
    Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    We're here discussing solely about our ethnicity, ancestry, genes and 'bout our History .. what it has to take with deeds or moral science.
    History subject is entirely different moral science .. Ain't it true ?

Theres nothing to peer review ,it's not a research paper. Results are genuine and not fake.
    Just an update Vivek has got his results from DODECADs admixture , the admixture components for the Jatts are as follows

The jatts are primarily composed of 3 main components (West Asian ,North Euro , South Asian)
    SO i will provide them in that following order.

West Asian North Euro South Asian
    34.1% 18.5% 47.4% (Jhaj Jatt)
    33.4% 16.2% 50.2% (Gill Jatt)
    33.2% 14.8% 49.7% (Sandhu Jatt) - this one has 1.5% South Euro as well
    31.1% 20.7% 47.1% (Tomar Jatt)
    31.8% 12% 53.9% (Mohar Jatt)

So generally the Jatts have about 16-20% Euro Mixture(south and north) , and about 33% west asian and about 50% south asian.

Simranjit jee,

Results that take into account populations and caste characteristics including ethinicity must have a statistic component (among other scientific requirements). In their absence all the assertions that you are making (such as you are close to this particular ethnic group, the other is closer to dalit caste etc) cannot be made. They are your personal biased opinion.

Regards,

Urmila.

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    Urmila

Caucasian has nothing to do with white. The term Caucasian is termed for people who originated in Caucasus mountains near Georgia (Former Russian republic ). Heck, the term Caucasian even has 'asian' in it. One branch reportedly migrated to India. North Indian are termed as Caucasians for most part by anthropologist. . We all share majority of the genes. Its just small mutations that help us determine our history of which very little is known. I had heard via oral history that majority of Jats used to once reside in Afghanistan and a popular vocation was looting the Invaders that were taking back riches from India. The only reason I found linkage to russians interesting as it gives a slight weight to the Scythian theory (although the sample size is minuscule). I am proud to be who i am, and will not fall in the trap of some Pakistanis or Indian who may feel superior because their skin is a shade lighter than their darker countrymates. The genetic difference between different population of South Asia is minor compared with say South Asians and Middle eastern people.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

I don't agree with your personal, racist opinions.

Simranjit jee,

Results that take into account populations and caste characteristics including ethinicity must have a statistic component (among other scientific requirements). In their absence all the assertions that you are making (such as you are close to this particular ethnic group, the other is closer to dalit caste etc) cannot be made. They are your personal biased opinion.

Regards,

Urmila.
    Those are Admixture results, i'm not sure what "statistic component" you are refering to , please be specific?
    It has nothing to do with personal opinion. I have never mention anything about dalit caste or being close to any group. Please read carefully , it shows that we have admixture with "said" groups, not that we're closer to another race. The groups that the jats are closest to are the various punjabi/pakistani tribes like the sindhis/pathans/burusho , no suprise there.

In fact all these groups turn up with northern euro admixture albeit at different degrees.
    Google "caste is not ancestrally abritary" for the article on harppadna to get an idea. I can't post links yet.

Admixture is a tool developed by UCLA, similar to STRUCTURE and is widely used in genomic research papers. You might want to google it.
    Last edited by simranjits; June 27th, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

I don't agree with your personal, racist opinions.
    You can just replace Caucasian with west asian. It is significant as it makes up 1/3 of the genetic makeup of most north west south asians.

[QUOTE=simranjits;270570]Those are Admixture results, i'm not sure what "statistic component" you are refering to , please be specific?

Population genetics. Statistic analysis is a big part of it.

Regards,

Urmila.

you can just replace caucasian with west asian. It is significant as it makes up 1/3 of the genetic makeup of most north west south asians.
    how does jatt genetic make up vary from other castes of north india as brahmin rajput gujaar khatri..any data available on that?