Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Genetic Analysis of my DNA

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    how does jatt genetic make up vary from other castes of north india as brahmin rajput gujaar khatri..any data available on that?
    Google "caste is not ancestrally abritary" for the article on harppadna , i can't post direct links yet. We have so far brahmins, no khatris in the project yet. One thing is very clear, brahmins have a north euro component(increasing as you move north and west) which is totally absent in the non-brahmin south asian.

Quote Originally Posted by simranjits View Post
    Google "caste is not ancestrally abritary" for the article on harppadna , i can't post direct links yet. We have so far brahmins, no khatris in the project yet. One thing is very clear, brahmins have a north euro component(increasing as you move north and west) which is totally absent in the non-brahmin south asian.
    do you include Jatt too in non-brahminic south asians? I guess your results say presence of north euro genes in jatt too
    I will search for the article....just curious to know if somehow we can differentiate jatts from other caste people of India...Please see the following link. you can see how Jatt DNA is different from other caste people of India.. (posted by kapil in post 12)..though it shows result of few guys but i don't see M173 and M17 markers in other guys but a jatt have...any comments?
    http://openthemagazine.com/article/l...of-our-origins
    Last edited by prashantacmet; June 29th, 2011 at 07:08 PM.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    do you include Jatt too in non-brahminic south asians? I guess your results say presence of north euro genes in jatt too
    I will search for the article....just curious to know if somehow we can differentiate jatts from other caste people of India...Please see the following link. you can see how Jatt DNA is different from other caste people of India.. (posted by kapil in post 12)..though it shows result of few guys but i don't see M173 and M17 markers in other guys but a jatt have...any comments?
    Well currently , the very obvious ones are the south indian brahmins. So far they almost always have some level of North European component. The non-brahmins south indians so far almost totally lack any north euro. You can see this for yourself in the harrapan ancestry project. For the north west however it is a bit more complicated , we cannot easily differentiate between say a punjabi brahmin and a punjabi jatt. In short the punjabi tribes are more similar to each other than the south indian brahmin and non--brahmins are to each other. So far the ones with the highest North euro seems to be the jats ,sindhis(bhatias) and a rajasthani brahmin.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simranjits For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (July 1st, 2011), ravinderjeet (July 3rd, 2011)

Dodecad v3 Results for the 5 Jat participants posted in my blog , as well some maps representing some of the components in Eurasia.

blog . jattdna . org

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simranjits For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (July 4th, 2011), ravinderjeet (July 3rd, 2011)

It is interesting to note , that the south asian scores for the jats seem to within the norm for the region, however the western european score are highly elevated as compared to the other pakistani populations including the pathans. There's definately a story to be told here , hopefully we can eventually determine where it came from.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simranjits For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (July 4th, 2011), ravinderjeet (July 3rd, 2011)

I don't know why are we so obsessed with Jat History , Jat Genetics etc etc etc. If the real physical attributes of the race called Jat are to be taken then only 5 to 10 % are Jats rest appear to be mixed down the years. The physical attributes like Tall height, heavy bone set, high body metabolism, skin colour on fairer side, such perimeter's are not met by 90% of Jat population.

Taking the DNA profiling into the account as per this thread where does it lead us. What does it show an outward migration from northern plans or an inward migration from central asia. If it was from central asia then percent of DNA from that area should be greater but these tests show nothing towards an inward migration into northern plans. Maybe more such test's could be helpful in forming a new paradigm.

But it is good that the members posted there results and something new can emerge out of it.
    "upon knowing truth, the foolish become wise, and the wise become silent".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RanBEAR For This Useful Post:

singhvp (July 9th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by RanBEAR View Post
    I don't know why are we so obsessed with Jat History , Jat Genetics etc etc etc. If the real physical attributes of the race called Jat are to be taken then only 5 to 10 % are Jats rest appear to be mixed down the years. The physical attributes like Tall height, heavy bone set, high body metabolism, skin colour on fairer side, such perimeter's are not met by 90% of Jat population.

Taking the DNA profiling into the account as per this thread where does it lead us. What does it show an outward migration from northern plans or an inward migration from central asia. If it was from central asia then percent of DNA from that area should be greater but these tests show nothing towards an inward migration into northern plans. Maybe more such test's could be helpful in forming a new paradigm.

But it is good that the members posted there results and something new can emerge out of it.
    There is variation within races as well , short people and tall people . Some are fairer than others etc. The truth of the matter is that there is a significant northern european component within certain north west indian/pakistani tribes. Even someone who is half asian/half european can actually look fairly asian or can look completely european. Phenotype should be taken lightly as the autosomal dna is quite telling. In fact i've not seen any correlation between jat phenotype and european scores (ie the ones who score the highest don't look out of place). So in reality these are run of the mill jats , not the ones who have obvious features like blond hair / blue eyes.

Jats on a whole never had blonde hairs or blue eyes maybe there are exceptions as in every race. It is true that every population has both short and tall people but races who are genetically are on the taller side dont have a big variation in these attributes as is seen in the jats these days take for example Swedes or Danes who are a taller race and are on the taller side and only a very small percentage can be termed on the shorter side(5%). Like vise the blacks and the central asian stock(eg croats,russians) of people have longer arms then other races.The wing span of an individual which is measured by spreading yours arms stretched is normally equal to ones height but in the races discussed it is usually longer then the height say if guy is 6.1 or 6.2 in height his wing span would be around 5 to 8 inches longer. But in others it would be equal to their height or even less( which indicates you have short arms compared to your height if it turns out to be less then your height). Jats (true one's) are also believed to be having this physical trait of long arms.Mind you long arms is because of your genes and also because of a problem called marfan's syndrome so that should also be checked . But most of the jats these days dont even resemble anywhere closer. That's my point that only 5 to 10 % are the original stock. Having said that just being fair and having blue eyes doesnt qualify one for being a jat as i have seen some guys with high melanin count and they tend to tan very easily though they have fair skin.
    As older village men are used to say if a jat is on the blacker side then he is the mixed version and not the true jat. I dont know how much of truth is there in this saying.

I have passed 2 dna kits to vickram from this forum and he will be getting himself and another unrelated male jat to get tested. If you are reading this vickram , please update us of the clan name of the other jat.

[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;270686][QUOTE=simranjits;270570]Those are Admixture results, i'm not sure what "statistic component" you are refering to , please be specific?

Population genetics. Statistic analysis is a big part of it.

Then please take up such a test and add to the statistics for analysis, that would be highly appreciative of you.
    Instead of trying to belittle efforts of someone to provide scientific data i request if possible play your part by being party to your own queries.

Take care.

Dr Vinita Naik is member of Jatland and she has provided some DNA info about Agharia Jat clan in her book 'Agharia Kshatriya', which I am reproducing below:

Recent researches on Agharias, particularly distribution of their chromosomes and blood groups, reveal that they are from northern Gangetic plains. Scientific, historical and linguistic analysis tells that Agharias are Indo-Europeans. Their Genetic Affinity is grouped with north Indian higher and middle castes particularly Jats, Rajputs, Gujars, Tarkhans and Khatris. [Dr Vinita Naik:Agharia Kshatriya, p. 86]

Haplogroup R1b (Y-DNA): Although it is rare in South Asia, some populations show relatively high percentages for R1b. These include Lambadi (Andhra Pradesh) showing 37% [Kivisild et al. (2005)] , Hazara 32% and Agharia (East India) at 30%[Sengupta et al. (2005)]. The point of origin of R1b is thought to lie in Eurasia. The DNA Study proves that there has been male DNA into the Jats from Ukrainian Scythians (Saka, Massagetae) and White Huns. [YHRD - Y Chromosome Haplotype Reference Database]
    Last edited by lrburdak; August 27th, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Laxman Burdak

[QUOTE=RanBEAR;273173][QUOTE=urmiladuhan;270686]
    Quote Originally Posted by simranjits View Post
    Those are Admixture results, i'm not sure what "statistic component" you are refering to , please be specific?

Population genetics. Statistic analysis is a big part of it.

Then please take up such a test and add to the statistics for analysis, that would be highly appreciative of you.
    Instead of trying to belittle efforts of someone to provide scientific data i request if possible play your part by being party to your own queries.

Take care.
    Ranbeer jee - kindly refrain from delegating responsibilities for proving/disproving/supporting arguments that I have not made. It is not my job to do what you are asking me to do. It is for the party/person stating (using the so called scientific claims) to prove their claim to those who question. If you do not have this much common sense, then it would be best that you atleast don't make your inadequacies be known publically and leave no doubt of your stupidity.

Regards,

Urmila.
    Last edited by urmiladuhan; August 27th, 2011 at 12:08 PM.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;275949][QUOTE=RanBEAR;273173]
    Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post

Ranbeer jee - kindly refrain from delegating responsibilities for proving/disproving/supporting arguments that I have not made. It is not my job to do what you are asking me to do. It is for the party/person stating (using the so called scientific claims) to prove their claim to those who question. If you do not have this much common sense, then it would be best that you atleast don't make your inadequacies be known publically and leave no doubt of your stupidity.

Regards,

Urmila.

Dear Urmila JEE,

Act your age, not your shoe size, this is what i can say about your comments,moreover i am not interested in turning this to a personal slanging match .I dont have time for that .
    Mr Simranjit has already stated what he meant and gave reference of Dodecad Results, FIRST ONE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE CONTEXT AND THEN ANSWER. It was not wishful self concocted results of his and to his question to specifically explain your point you had no reasoning so i am sorry to state THAT YOUR INADEQUATE BLOTCHES WHERE EXPOSED.

Your state of affairs is like if someone is asked:
    Q-Did you catch that fish?
    ANS-No, I was sitting here minding my own business when the crazy thing jumped into my pail.

(Simranjit keep the good work going.)

Rgrds,
    Vikram Malik

[QUOTE=RanBEAR;276528][QUOTE=urmiladuhan;275949]

Dear Urmila JEE,

(Simranjit keep the good work going.)

Rgrds,
    Vikram Malik
    Excuse me for being off topic, however, are you "Vikram Malik" or "Ranbeer Singh Chaudhary"?

[QUOTE=RanBEAR;276528]

Vikram (or who ever you are) - your insanity is not my problem - get some medical help instead of forcing yourself on this board.

I was contacted by Vikram in person who received the kits from Simranjit for free and had one free kit with him to send in DNA sample ,simranjit had no vested interests in giving away the kits, he just wanted to send diverse Jat DNA,s for testing .Vikram used my account while he met me to send in the message as according to him simranjit knows what he speaked and has been following this study for quite a long time.
    Vikram purpose fully signed this and answered to the post of urmila ,may be he should have introduced himself at the start of the message, i had no issues to this as i also find that simranjit was not misleading people on the forum.

Regards,
    Ranbeer

[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;276553]

Vikram (or who ever you are) - your insanity is not my problem - get some medical help instead of forcing yourself on this board.
    I am a sane individual and not interested in your individualistic comments .High time you take a deep inner look at the comments you post.

Taking the topic away from some of earlier irrelevant issues raised, i would like to state that i might receive some DNA kits from one of my relatives for genetic testing ,do tell me if you are interested in getting your DNA profiling done.Hopefully i dont run out of the kits.But only male members are preferred as both the Y DNA and Mt DNA could be checked and the report would be made public.

[QUOTE=RanBEAR;276572]
    Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post

I am a sane individual and not interested in your individualistic comments .High time you take a deep inner look at the comments you post.
    Your delusions about your sanity are YOUR problem - keep them to your self.

Hi All,

Please refrain from personal attack and focus on the very topic.

Thanks!
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..