Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Congress: Greatest Threat to Hindu Religion and India

Quote Originally Posted by AbhikRana View Post
    Is there religious fanaticism on Jatland?

In which part of the thread or any other thread, has anyone suggested that the Muslims should be killed or hurt brought on them? The only thing that people want is that we being citizens of the same country, enjoy equal rights and even duties as the Muslims d0. But the Congress party is hell bent on playing IDENTITY Politics by saying that You are a Muslim - You are different, You are a SC/ST - You are different, etc. etc.
    Why are you replying on the wrong thread?

I posted the thread with this topic and I am utterly confused where you got the idea that I was saying that it is "improper to criticise the Congress party". Seriously- from where?!!? That thread doesn't even mention Congress or any other political party! So you build an imaginary argument and then go on to rant against it...funny..

Three threads are cited by me in my opening post. This thread was not one of them. For the part of yours in bold above - you can go through the three threads I cited. If you already did that and still had the above question - I don't know how to say it politely - maybe take a friend's help.

Again, if there is any confusion what my thread was about - for the record, I have no issues in criticism of any political party / leader / secularism (pseudo or otherwise) / religion, etc.(actually put anything under the sun here). This site has put rules that say no "HATEFUL" and "ABUSIVE" messages will be tolerated - instead blatant violation of those rules is being tolerated - my question is why?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

annch (October 16th, 2011)

Let's shun the ostrich approach

The expression of my observation was on the right thread and NOT the wrong one.

By criticizing others for initiating threads or participating in them and which appear to be hateful to some, we are itching to enter a minefield. My contention is that we are being too Judgmental. Every thread would be based on some topic or the other with which, I am sure there would be some people who donot agree. If that be the case, there would be demand by such people to take off the threads from the site or ban such people. Going forward from there, there would ultimately be no threads because they would for sure, always rub a certain cross section the wrong way.

I would rather prefer to understand and accept the so called rantings of the SO CALLED hateful threads as the pent up anger and angst of a community which has been wronged over the past so many decades. And mind you, this anger and angst is going to grow further - thanks to the skewed and step-motherly policies of the ruling Congress party against the Hindus, the fault lines between the two tectonic plates (Hindus and Muslims) are bound to grow and move apart further. So, instead of criticizing fellow members for their posts - let's as mature people go behind the reason for the views expressed by them and indulge in healthy discussions and deliberations. Outright criticism and name calling - is what I call the ostrich approach.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (October 21st, 2011), ravinderjeet (October 16th, 2011)

Is there religious fanaticism on Jatland?

Is it improper to criticize the Congress party for blatantly indulging in Muslim (Minority) appeasement? Is it proper for the Congress party to vehemently vouch for the passing of a bill which would term you and me as criminals if we donot rent (let out) our premises to a Muslim or if we donot give a job to Muslim on demand, whether he is suitable or not?

In which part of the thread or any other thread, has anyone suggested that the Muslims should be killed or hurt brought on them? The only thing that people want is that we being citizens of the same country, enjoy equal rights and even duties as the Muslims d0. But the Congress party is hell bent on playing IDENTITY Politics by saying that You are a Muslim - You are different, You are a SC/ST - You are different, etc. etc.

And the so called intellectuals call us names - even if the only demand (request) we fanatics have is to treat us at parity with the Muslims (First class citizens). Even Jats are backward - why is the Congress not talking about reservation for them on a Pan - India basis - Perhaps they are not such a large chunk of vote bank as the Muslims. And yet my intellectual friends would like to buy the Development and Secular philosophy! So be it.

But what gives them the right to call others names as fanatics and fundamentalists? If loving your nation and people is fanaticism or fundamentalism, then yes, we are fanatics and fundamentalists!! Some people even go on to use such terms as MORONS for nationalists - Well, such language reflects their intellect!!!!!Keep it up!!
    First of all I would like to say this post should have been under the relevant thread as already pointed by Kapil.

It is. of course, not improper to criticise Congress for ‘allegedly’ indulging in Muslim(Minority) appeasement and I join you in criticising the Congress party if your above statement regarding passing of a bill is true. But, appeasement in any form is not good. The majority appeasement is also as unhealthy as the minority appeasement in a multi-ethnic society as it would further alienate the minority communities leading to communal tensions already simmering under the surface. Be it Congress’s minority appeasement or BJP’s majority appeasement - both are aimed at vote bank. Moreover, I have some serious doubts about the authenticity of some of the provisions viz. “if we do not give a job to Muslim on demand, whether he is suitable or not”. If true, it is deserves severe criticism. We should, however, refrain from hateful propaganda and abusive language against other communities just because Congress is pursuing an appeasement policy. You have been given the tool of secret ballot to dislodge Congress which you can effectively use in the coming election. This is not to say that people should keep silent till election. They are entitled to criticism but in a decent and civilized manner without using foul language and hatred. The hateful propaganda and use of foul language on a public forum is, perhaps, punishable under cyber-crime control regulations. If not, it would certainly tarnish the image of entire community which is already at its lowest ebb because of rudimentary, foolish and unruly behaviour of some self-conceited and ‘over-smart ultras’ of the community. As one lady member has rightly observed somewhere that some of them simply learn how to access internet, start using the keyboard randomly as they don’t know what to write. Their sole purpose is just to make their presence felt on Jatland.

In contemporary Indian politics appeasement policy and dirty politics based on caste, region and religion is mainstay of all the parties. Important issues have been pushed to the cold storage. How would you justify Mayavati’s hard-core casteism, overt and covert anti-Hindu tirade, and corruption in UP. Many of her followers do not subscribe to the tenets of Hinduism and some of them have already embraced Buddhism. She has been vociferously engaging herself in ‘reverse social engineering’ so blatantly marginalising the so called upper castes and backward castes consisting of millions of poor people economically worse than the over-privileged SC/ST. Congress has been out of power in UP for more than two decades. In spite of that UP has become the hotbed of communal and caste conflicts, serious crimes like rape and corruption. It is intriguing that you never seem to be showing any concern about the state of affairs in States ruled by non-Congress governments, like in UP . I am not pointing a finger at you but, certainly, it is bound to raise suspicion of a political bias in favour of some particular political ideology or group.

You have said that loving one’s nation is not fanaticism. Is embarking on hate propaganda and spewing venom against other communities the only way of ‘loving the nation’??
    Last edited by singhvp; October 16th, 2011 at 04:58 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

annch (October 16th, 2011), kapdal (October 16th, 2011), narvir (June 29th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (January 20th, 2012), vicky84 (October 16th, 2011)

By criticizing others for initiating threads or participating in them and which appear to be hateful to some, we are itching to enter a minefield. My contention is that we are being too Judgmental. Every thread would be based on some topic or the other with which, I am sure there would be some people who donot agree. If that be the case, there would be demand by such people to take off the threads from the site or ban such people. Going forward from there, there would ultimately be no threads because they would for sure, always rub a certain cross section the wrong way.

I would rather prefer to understand and accept the so called rantings of the SO CALLED hateful threads as the pent up anger and angst of a community which has been wronged over the past so many decades. And mind you, this anger and angst is going to grow further - thanks to the skewed and step-motherly policies of the ruling Congress party against the Hindus, the fault lines between the two tectonic plates (Hindus and Muslims) are bound to grow and move apart further. So, instead of criticizing fellow members for their posts - let's as mature people go behind the reason for the views expressed by them and indulge in healthy discussions and deliberations. Outright criticism and name calling - is what I call the ostrich approach.
    Let us assume, you become Prime Minister of India. What steps would you like to take to strike a balance between Hindus and Muslims. Would you introduce some laws giving preferential treatment to Hindus or would you curtail certain civil rights of Muslims to bring them down for a perfect parity between the two. Or would you like to see Hindu's enjoying special and elevated status by virtue of their being in majority. Please elaborate.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

annch (October 16th, 2011), kapdal (October 16th, 2011), narvir (June 29th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (January 20th, 2012), vicky84 (October 16th, 2011)

Let us not be Judgmental

It is reiterated that the choice of thread for posting my opinion appears pretty relevant to me.

1. Though I would not champion the cause of the BJP as it itself was mired in corruption and controversies, I donot understand how does BJP indulge in appeasement. It is among the handful of parties that advocates the implementation of Uniform Civil Code (Same personal laws for all citizens - irrespective of religion, caste, creed, etc) - Is that appeasement? The Congress, on the other instead of weeding out corruption, is further deeply entrenching it by talking of reservation on the lines of Religion (Reservation to Muslims - pre-partition era style). That's called playing with fire.

2. As far as the concern expressed over cyber-laws, let me mention that it is virtually impossible to police the virtual world to the last mile/PC with more pressing issues such as Cyber-terrorism and Cyber-frauds eating into the precious time and other resources of the govt. cyber cells. Moreover, if you feel that something offensive has been written that does not suit your sensibilities, it is better not to comment on it and the initiator of such comments would in future refrain from doing it in the absence of any replies/engagement. I would prefer this as a more graceful and healthy way of showing your protests rather than to demand the scalps of those with whom you donot concur or with whom you disagree. As far as that girl is concerned, I would not call her a lady because she is doing exactly the same what according to her others do by using words as Morons for them. She, at best, is an immature kid on the block.

3. Though equally detestable, I consciously chose not to comment on Mayawati's antics as the antics of the Congress (ruling party) at the centre has much wider, deeper and harmful ramifications for the entire nation. So it is question of focusing your energy on the much wider and all encompassing picture rather than on the "Lady with the handbag".

4. In any protest, there are bound to be all kinds of voices, but the focus still remains on the . The entire community is feeling targeted and treated unfairly. If there is anger and angst, it need NOT be outrightly shunned - we need to go into the reason behind it. But alas! we donot have the time for it - it is easier to criticize fellow members. But in that case, let's be ready for criticism in RETURN. Let's refrain from that and from being Privy Council Judges.

5. Nationalism also stems from being fair and honest in your opinions - for your country. Do you think that if Hindus had been treated fairly and equally in all respects, they would have criticized the govt. and its policies - or there would have been any emotional rift between the communities? As far as teaching the Congress a lesson through the ballot is concerned - Let us not forget that the Congress has the dubious distinction of twice winning the confidence vote in parliament by buying MPs. So beware, the voter is out of the picture - it is the money power of the congress that will make or break the govts.

Once again, criticizing fellow members would not solve any fruitful purpose, except for reply criticisms flying thick and fast. After all! they also are as equally members as you are.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (May 31st, 2013)

It is reiterated that the choice of thread for posting my opinion appears pretty relevant to me.
    Abhik bhai,

No one is saying that , you cannot have an opinion about a party, religion etc. But there has to some decency. We should not use abusive language while expressing an opinion. If you see in the threads mention by Kapil, you will find people advocating rapes, killing, and using abusive language for other communities. We are not discussing about Congress or BJP. We are discussing about the code of conduct on Jatland. If a person from other community visits this website, what impression he/she would have after reading hatred, abusive language. So the point is discuss whatever you want but there has to be some decency in the language. We should not tarnish the image of our community(Jat) by using indecent language while expressing.
    Last edited by vicky84; October 16th, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (October 16th, 2011), annch (October 16th, 2011), kapdal (October 16th, 2011), rajpaldular (May 31st, 2013), singhvp (October 16th, 2011)

PRECISELY - LET'S SHUN THE OSTRICH APPROACH.

First you asked- where did anyone talk about killing and raping? Then you are flaffing around with your reply by calling it "so called hatefulness". Is advocating rape & murder hatefulness for you or not? Yes or no? Don't put your head inside the ground like an ostrich and side-step the real issue and obfuscate it by bringing in political parties. It is ridiculous how you are conjuring up silly scenarios of no threads. You joined this site 1 year back - people have lived with much bigger disagreements here. Why can't it get into your head that there is no issue with a difference of opinion here? There is even a legal restriction on freedom of speech when it goes on to advocate violence - not to mention JL rules!!

You want to point out the pseudo-secularism of Congress. But do you have the guts to show the mirror to your camp followers when they do something wrong? Have you ever pointed out to them that advocating violence against fellow citizens is not only illegal but anti-national - or like Congress leaders, you can't oppose a wrong on your side? The albatross leaders have to bear on their neck to remain popular with their camp followers is quite visible in your approach. Congress leaders commit or overlook wrongs in name of secularism. And you are doing the same in name of nationalism.
    Last edited by kapdal; October 16th, 2011 at 04:36 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

singhvp (October 16th, 2011), skarmveer (January 19th, 2012), vicky84 (October 16th, 2011)

To avoid ostrich approach - face it and reach out instead of criticizing

Well, to be fair and frank - I donot use such words as flaffing and blabbering. So it took me a while to dig deep into the internet dictionary to look for its meaning. Now that I know its meaning and knowing that it has been used on my thread, I would still refrain from using it in return (or kind).

It seems amply clear that some amongst us would not want to read the message in bold that is sought to be brought out clearly. I am sure that no-one in his right mind would actually like to undertake or get involved in violence or acts of violence against anyone or any community without any grave provocation. Some members (though I donot subscribe to their views) may have expressed outbursts of pent up angst against members of a particular community based on some personal experiences or perceptions, which may not have been pleasant, I donot think they would in any case go out and actually give effect to them.

Instead of criticizing them, would it not be better for you to actually participate in such threads and reason out with them as an elder/younger brother to soften their stance/language?? Or would it be more proper for you to criticize and call them names as Morons? It seems, the latter seems to be a much easier and convenient option.

As far as duration of being on JL is concerned, I donot think that that really matters when one considers the entire JL as a family and not as CAMP FOLLOWERS. Whether you like it or not - I believe in the principle of reforming and NOT reprimanding (punishing). But this approach can only be put into practice by those with patience!! And in today's era of fast food, it seems patience is a scarce commodity..

By the way, ostrich approach would be to out-rightly reject someone else's viewpoint without reasoning with him or her the basis of harbouring that viewpoint. It is very much possible that the other person based on your reasoning (of course, put across courteously) may change his/her viewpoint. But then, that again requires patience..
    Last edited by AbhikRana; October 16th, 2011 at 04:59 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

Well, to be fair and frank - I donot use such words as flaffing and blabbering. So it took me a while to dig deep into the internet dictionary to look for its meaning. Now that I know its meaning and knowing that it has been used on my thread, I would still refrain from using it in return (or kind).

It seems amply clear that some amongst us would not want to read the message in bold that is sought to be brought out clearly. I am sure that no-one in his right mind would actually like to undertake or get involved in violence or acts of violence against anyone or any community without any grave provocation. Some members (though I donot subscribe to their views) may have expressed outbursts of pent up angst against members of a particular community based on some personal experiences or perceptions, which may not have been pleasant, I donot think they would in any case go out and actually give effect to them.

Instead of criticizing them, would it not be better for you to actually participate in such threads and reason out with them as an elder/younger brother to soften their stance/language?? Or would it be more proper for you to criticize and call them names as Morons? It seems, the latter seems to be a much easier and convenient option.

As far as duration of being on JL is concerned, I donot think that that really matters when one considers the entire JL as a family and not as CAMP FOLLOWERS. Whether you like it or not - I believe in the principle of reforming and NOT reprimanding (punishing). But this approach can only be put into practice by those with patience!! And in today's era of fast food, it seems patience is a scarce commodity..

By the way, ostrich approach would be to out-rightly reject someone else's viewpoint without reasoning with him or her the basis of harbouring that viewpoint. It is very much possible that the other person based on your reasoning (of course, put across courteously) may change his/her viewpoint. But then, that again requires patience..
    1. Well to be fair & frank in Jat style, don't be a narad muni. What is this "someone amongst us"? And show me a place where I called someone a moron? Haven't you had enough of putting words in my mouth - first all the arguments about Congress (It is laughable because I have criticised Congress enough here), now you are saying I have called people Morons. Now don't do a palti once again and go on another tangent....

2. Have you tried your principle of reforming and NOT reprimanding (punishing) against those you dislike in Congress and minority community? If you really are that Gandhian in your outlook (doesn't come out from your posts but I could be wrong), then I genuinely salute you. Would you try to reform Kasab instead of punishing him?

3. Preaching should be based on some research atleast. I have some 1200+ posts here. That is quite a bit of participation, no? Now how many times have I tried to reason versus call someone a Moron, say? Isn't there an irony here- you descend like a Mahatma saying "Don't be judgmental, have patience" - and then go on to pronounce instant judgments out of thin air...

4. All this preaching is still fine, but you still didn't tell us if you have told someone ideologically on your side and advocating violence that it is wrong? Otherwise, how are you different from opportunistic Congress leaders? Even they indulge in lecturebaazi to soft-cuddle wrongs on their side like- "Pent up angst...they don't really mean it...they won't really do it, it is just their anger".

5. Don't think you mean to say "ostrich approach"- it means something else. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ostrichism

No more tangential responses please...I don't have infinite patience..

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

narvir (June 29th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (January 20th, 2012), vicky84 (October 16th, 2011)

As far as that girl is concerned, I would not call her a lady because she is doing exactly the same what according to her others do by using words as Morons for them. She, at best, is an immature kid on the block.
    Yes Sir,
    The minion is an immature kid on the block.
    Specially when what gives me this status is calling some persons morons who are notoriously spitting venom on this site against people from other community, against girls and what not.
    How did I dare to call such mighty and holy persons, who are openly advocating rapes and murders on this site, as Morons !! A girl should not be using such a defamatory word.
    What was I thinking?? Big mistake on my part me lord !!
    It is by luck that you get the chance to be the cause of someone's happiness,
    I love to grab these chances

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mishti For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (July 16th, 2013)

You must be the change you want to see in the world

Kapil,

I am finding it hard to react - whether I should laugh it off or try to discuss further.

I donot know why on earth are you placing yourself in the category 'some amongst us' (and it was not some one). You never called anyone Moron and neither did I say so or intend it to go across that way. I admire your level of participation on the forums with 1200+ posts and am impressed with your writing and language skills.

Of course, I am not a Mahatma or a Narad Muni as suggested by you. My only contention is that with such good communication and persuasion skills, learned members like you can bring about the required change among fellow members instead of complaining against them and demanding punitive action against them. I am sure transforming the environment in a subtle and friendly manner would bring you more satisfaction than getting someone punished. Here, I feel compelled to use the clichéd quote "You must be the change you want to see in the world" (Mahatma Gandhi).

As far as doing my bit in changing the opinions/viewpoints of Congress supporters and members from the minority community is concerned, yes I have had the privilege of coming in contact with quite a few of them - and I was very satisfied with the healthy and constructive discussions we had on a number of issues of importance. Well, I have done and am still doing my bit.

As far as style is concerned, whether we like it or not - Jat style is very much ingrained in us (including you and me) all. It will, at all costs manifest itself in our words and deeds. As far as patience is concerned, we need to keep it - Certainly not as a matter of choice especially when it comes to matters such as communal amity. The first step to bring about that is to first of all get to the root of it. Let's not shoot the messenger. This pent up anger is the message brought out in the posts by our fellow brothers (messengers). Hence, the cause for worry is not this anger but the wrongs of minority appeasement and shoddy treatment meted out to the Hindus by the ruling party. As suggested earlier, learned members like you can through your persuasive and reasoning skills soften the language and hard stances taken by some.

Kapil, you need to keep your patience, as there will be more testing times ahead. We already live in interesting times - where real becomes the imaginary and the imaginary becomes real.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

narvir (June 29th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (January 20th, 2012), rajpaldular (October 21st, 2011)

Kapil,

This pent up anger is the message brought out in the posts by our fellow brothers (messengers). Hence, the cause for worry is not this anger but the wrongs of minority appeasement and shoddy treatment meted out to the Hindus by the ruling party.
    I believe majority of policy makers and members of the cabinet are Hindus. In spite of that they are giving shoddy treatment to Hindu brothers and sisters. Very bad, really very bad. But, I fail to understand why the hell the Hindus vote for them. I think we need to examine this. What could be the reason in your opinion, Abhik? Your valuable comments are solicited.
    Last edited by singhvp; October 16th, 2011 at 09:22 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

navdeepkhatkar (January 20th, 2012), rajpaldular (July 16th, 2013)

Abhik Ji,

You used two very important words- healthy and constructive, for discussions, which you follow successfully in your posts, and which I am sure is
    the objective of Jatland. Kapil pointed to the same, or rather lack of the same, in his question to the moderators.

It would be too optimistic to expect all the readers of your posts will react the same way- with reason. Some will respond with reason, some will absorb the aggression in your emotions and LIKE your posts and encourage/incite you, some will take your aggression further with suggestions of violence. If you find this happenning too often, what will you do? Either appeal to their reason (doubt if it will work because they would not behave the way they did in the first place if they had reason), or discourage such mindless behavior that rots the community even more. Do you think there is any other way? Especially when you think this is "Jat-panaa".

I respectfully disagree with your negative connotation of Jat Style. I identify the Jat Style as- straight forward, contentious not abusive, brave but not at the expense of the weak, proud of themselves but not at the expense of others. The anomalies you refer to are the personal character flaws, and not the characteristics of the community.

Regards

As far as doing my bit in changing the opinions/viewpoints of Congress supporters and members from the minority community is concerned, yes I have had the privilege of coming in contact with quite a few of them - and I was very satisfied with the healthy and constructive discussions we had on a number of issues of importance. Well, I have done and am still doing my bit.

As far as style is concerned, whether we like it or not - Jat style is very much ingrained in us (including you and me) all. It will, at all costs manifest itself in our words and deeds.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to annch For This Useful Post:

kapdal (October 17th, 2011), navdeepkhatkar (January 20th, 2012), singhvp (October 17th, 2011)

Ann Ji,

Thanks for your valuable opinion and comments.

I certainly feel we can change things more effectively in a cordial manner rather than complaining. At least, let's give it a try.

As far as my comment - "As far as style is concerned, whether we like it or not - Jat style is very much ingrained in us (including you and me) all. It will, at all costs manifest itself in our words and deeds." - it was specifically meant as a reply to my good friend Kapil's post. And please be sure - there was nothing negative in my reference to Jat style. In fact, I am a proud Jat and am proud of my culture and heritage.

Look forward to more constructive discussions with you.

Quote Originally Posted by annch View Post

I respectfully disagree with your negative connotation of Jat Style. I identify the Jat Style as- straight forward, contentious not abusive, brave but not at the expense of the weak, proud of themselves but not at the expense of others. The anomalies you refer to are the personal character flaws, and not the characteristics of the community.

Regards

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

VP Singh Ji,

Thanks for soliciting my comments. I am not sure if they would prove to be valuable.

The issue of Hindus voting for the Congress despite its anti-Hindu policies has many aspects which I would try to explore and point out below as clearly possible as I can:

1. Hindus as part of the general population of the country have been swayed by the supposedly charismatic appeal of the Gandhi family and the lecture-baazi of the Congress party as so aptly pointed out by Kapil in one of the earlier posts. One false promise after the other, year after year and election after election. It seems others didnot stand a chance in front of the Congress party as they were not as manipulative as the Congress.

2. Through its divide and rule (Muslim appeasement) policy, Congress has ensured that the Muslims who whether we agree or not form a sizeable chunk of vote bank, religiously go out and vote for it. On the other hand, a good chunk of the Hindu population especially the urban educated lot prefer to celebrate the election holiday as a fun day to be celebrated at any place but the poll booth. This is a hard reality conspicuously demonstrated by the low voter turn out in the up-heel Mumbai community during the elections that followed the Mumbai blasts. It was the very same community which made a hue and cry on security issues immediately after the blasts. But when it came to doing something (voting) about it, it conveniently looked the other way. That certainly is not the case with the Muslims.

3. Hindus as also the general population of which Hindus are a part have a relatively short memory. Congress is an expert at giving sops (incentives) just preceding elections or desisting from taking hard hitting decisions immediately before elections. We have faced it so many times and yet, every-time we forget it. Though all political parties indulge in this double game - but Congress is an expert - which is reflected by its grabbing and being in power for almost 60 years.

4. Lastly, but not any less importantly, Congress has gradually mastered the art of buying power and has become less dependent on the ballot power. It has already bought MPs twice and come to power. There have even been apprehensions of voting machines being tampered with - from various diverse stakeholders. After all, what is a voting machine - a sort of a computer which works on the principle of GIGO (Garbage in and Garbage out). When the govt. can so cleanly indulge in Commonwealth and 2G scams (at least till some time back), can it not indulge in a thing as simple as machine tampering.

The Congress men and women in power are certainly NOT hindus. And why only a hindu, they are not even a human being because no human would snatch the roti from the platter of a poor. That's exactly what the Congress is doing when the food is either rotting in the godowns or being hoarded and exported by the govt when there is rampant and widespread hunger and malnutrition on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by vpsingh View Post
    I believe majority of policy makers and members of the cabinet are Hindus. In spite of that they are giving shoddy treatment to Hindu brothers and sisters. Very bad, really very bad. But, I fail to understand why the hell the Hindus vote for them. I think we need to examine this. What could be the reason in your opinion, Abhik? Your valuable comments are solicited.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

navdeepkhatkar (January 20th, 2012), rajpaldular (May 31st, 2013), singhvp (October 17th, 2011)

VP Singh Ji,

Thanks for soliciting my comments. I am not sure if they would prove to be valuable.

The issue of Hindus voting for the Congress despite its anti-Hindu policies has many aspects which I would try to explore and point out below as clearly possible as I can:

1. Hindus as part of the general population of the country have been swayed by the supposedly charismatic appeal of the Gandhi family and the lecture-baazi of the Congress party as so aptly pointed out by Kapil in one of the earlier posts. One false promise after the other, year after year and election after election. It seems others didnot stand a chance in front of the Congress party as they were not as manipulative as the Congress.

2. Through its divide and rule (Muslim appeasement) policy, Congress has ensured that the Muslims who whether we agree or not form a sizeable chunk of vote bank, religiously go out and vote for it. On the other hand, a good chunk of the Hindu population especially the urban educated lot prefer to celebrate the election holiday as a fun day to be celebrated at any place but the poll booth. This is a hard reality conspicuously demonstrated by the low voter turn out in the up-heel Mumbai community during the elections that followed the Mumbai blasts. It was the very same community which made a hue and cry on security issues immediately after the blasts. But when it came to doing something (voting) about it, it conveniently looked the other way. That certainly is not the case with the Muslims.

3. Hindus as also the general population of which Hindus are a part have a relatively short memory. Congress is an expert at giving sops (incentives) just preceding elections or desisting from taking hard hitting decisions immediately before elections. We have faced it so many times and yet, every-time we forget it. Though all political parties indulge in this double game - but Congress is an expert - which is reflected by its grabbing and being in power for almost 60 years.

4. Lastly, but not any less importantly, Congress has gradually mastered the art of buying power and has become less dependent on the ballot power. It has already bought MPs twice and come to power. There have even been apprehensions of voting machines being tampered with - from various diverse stakeholders. After all, what is a voting machine - a sort of a computer which works on the principle of GIGO (Garbage in and Garbage out). When the govt. can so cleanly indulge in Commonwealth and 2G scams (at least till some time back), can it not indulge in a thing as simple as machine tampering.

The Congress men and women in power are certainly NOT hindus. And why only a hindu, they are not even a human being because no human would snatch the roti from the platter of a poor. That's exactly what the Congress is doing when the food is either rotting in the godowns or being hoarded and exported by the govt when there is rampant and widespread hunger and malnutrition on the street.
    Abhik, thanks for your comments. My understanding is slightly different which I summarize as under, ad seriatim:

1. It is not that all the Muslim voters get swayed by ‘charismatic Gandhis’. I don’t think Hindus are so gullible that they get swayed by the false promises and ‘supposedly’ charismatic appeal of one family. It is difficult to extract support form them unless you are able to ideologically influence them. If this was the case Congress would not have been out of power in UP which has, perhaps, highest concentration of Muslims in India. Similar story is about some other States with sizable chunk of Muslim population. There are several parties other than Congress which get a lion’s share in Muslim vote bank. Some examples are; CPM, CPI, BSP, JDU, National Conference, Muslim League and some smaller and regional parties like DMK, TDP, Lok Dal etc. So your assessment is flawed if you say that Congress is in power because of Muslim votes only. As for the false promises and manipulation, opposition parties are not far behind.

2. You are right a good number of educated people abstain from voting. But all of them may not necessarily be anti-Congress or Pro-opposition. So their impact gets neutralized due to the fact that their votes wouldn’t have gone to one single party even if they had voted.

3. I do not think Congress has been in power for longer period in comparison to other parties just because of the short memory of Indian voters. The main problem is that the Indian opposition has not been able to prove its worth. People gave them verdict at least four times but every time they were flop.

4. If MPs are saleable then no one can help.

5. Who is Hindu and who is not is very difficult question. We have to re-define religion before coming to the conclusion.

In the final analysis, all parties have been dividing the society in the name of religion, caste and region. The most glaring example is that of Mayavati who is dividing the society on caste lines. In fact it is not the Congress which is the biggest threat to Hinduism; it is the Hindu fanatics who have done a lot of damage to Hinduism by using it as a tool to perpetuate their hegemony. These Hindu priests have been hobnobbing with some corrupt and opportunist politicians to help them in capturing political power by using religion as a tool in exchange of a few bucks.
    Last edited by singhvp; October 17th, 2011 at 06:51 PM.

1. For sure, not all Muslims get swayed by the charismatic appeal of the Gandhis. If that were the case, Congress would not have stooped to its Muslim appeasement antics. And this has been a first hand experience, Muslims would not like to see Congress going out of power because of the Sops they enjoy under the Congress dispensation. Whether we may agree or not, Muslims are one of the most homogeneous group of voters which indulges in block voting. Besides the Sops from the Congress, they would vote for any party which has the highest chances of coming to power in opposition to the BJP. Hence, the agenda is to keep BJP out of power. Though, this applies to the states as well, here I am talking in the context of national level politics. Whereas Hindu vote is scattered. The Gandhi charisma in context of Hindus that I am talking about can be gauged from the huge crowds in the rural hinterland that gather within a short span to catch a glimpse of the scions of the fabled Nehru-Gandhi dynasty. The rural voters are still swayed by the charisma and camp follower politics. Their forefathers voted for Nehru and Indira Gandhi and hence, they too would follow in the family tradition.

2. The urban educated lot would have in all likelihood voted against the Congress dispensation in the backdrop of its failure of prevent the Mumbai attacks. In fact a lot of celebrities, glitterati and industrialists openly hit out at the govt. But, they did not prefer to make their protest heard and felt through the ballot.

3. I would without a second thought give benefit of doubt to the other parties including the opposition for not being able to occupy the seat of for a relatively longer time. After all, we cannot discount the 125 years of existence of the Congress party and the accumulated learning it and its members have had. Everything is much more institutionalised including forums, processes, procedures and NOW EVEN CORRUPTION, COMMUNALISM AND CRIME. The opposition, no doubt has been weak - partly because of its own doing and the partly due to the apathy of the educated lot who would want to smell a rat in each and every of Opposition's action and reaction. If the opposition does not do anything - we say it is a weak opposition. If the opposition does anything about any issue - we say it is doing politics!! So I would not blame the opposition in entirety.

4. If MPs are saleable, we cannot resign to our fates and let it happen. Anna's movement is a step in the right direction. Though it still places premium on electoral politics, it is ardently demanding REFORMS. It has given a platform to the electorate outside the electoral process and outside the time realm of elections when the BRATS PUT UP THEIR BEST BEHAVIOUR. This platform would act as a watchdog on these brats and with the possibility of the Right to Recall, these brats would either perform (as per the will of the people) or perish.

5. Hinduism is not a religion as per one of the Supreme Court Judgments. It is a way of life. In comparison to Islam, it is largely liberal, open and accommodating. It is this accommodating nature of this religion which has been misused by the Congress party.

When we say Hindus or Muslims, of course, we should construe it to mean a majority or a sizeable chunk of them and not the entire population. The reason for Hindus voting for Congress is a very complex issue which cannot and never be simplistically analysed and answered though the posts. Hence, the subjective assessments cannot be said to be flawed or error prone. For complex issues (relations between followers of various religions) countless historians have debated and discussed over the centuries, and we still are nowhere near an answer or a solution.
    Last edited by AbhikRana; October 17th, 2011 at 05:26 PM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (October 24th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by RavinderSura View Post
    जिनकी नियत और नीति साफ़ नहीं हो ऐसे हिन्दुओ से बच जाओ फिर हिन्दू धर्म को कोई खतरा नहीं हैं |
    Worth an Advice!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moar For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (October 23rd, 2011), rajpaldular (October 24th, 2011)

चार जून, 2011 की आधी रात को स्वामी रामदेव पर भ्रष्ट सरकार के निर्देश पर पुलिसिया वर्दी में सरकार के भ्रष्ट गुंडों ने जमकर अत्याचार किया। यहां तक कि महिलाओं और बच्चों को भी नहीं छोड़ा। उनपर लाठियां बरसाई। ऑसू गैस के गोले छोड़े गए। आखिर क्यों

क्या आप जानते है मात्र एक चैनल पर सरकार खुद के विज्ञापन का कितना खर्चा करती है ?

विज्ञापन दर -

एनडीटीवी - प्रति 10 सेकेंड का रु॰ 3,810/- (साधारण दिन)

भारत निर्माण विज्ञापन
    समय = 90 क्षण (सेकेंड)
    प्रतिदिन (average - slots / day) - 10 प्रतिदिन (min.)

हर विज्ञापन की अनुमानित लागत -
    90 X 2500/- = 2,25,000

प्रति चैनल पर प्रतिदिन विज्ञापन पर अनुमानित खर्चा
    2,25,000.00 x 10 = 22,50,000.00

यह पैसा सरकार कॉंग्रेस का नहीं मेहनत लोगो द्वारा भरे गए टेक्स का पैसा है
    आप टेक्स भरते है क्या इन विज्ञापनों के लिए ?

अब समझ लीजिये की चैनल क्यूँ कोंग्रेसियों के तलवे चाटते है !
    चैनल किसी बॉलीवुड भांड की हरामखोरी का भी स्टिंग नहीं कराते क्यूँ की उनसे उन्हें कमाई होती है, अब प्रश्न है चैनलों को स्वामी रामदेवजी से क्या कमाई है ? कुछ नहीं

जागो भारतीयो जागो ......

*यह आकड़ें विभिन्न समाचार चैनलों की विज्ञापन कीमतों और सरकार द्वारा बुक किए गए विज्ञापनो के आकडे है

India and Israel (Hindus & Jews) are true friends in this World. Both are Long Live and yes also both have survived and surviving under adverse conditions.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rajpaldular For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (October 25th, 2011), deshi-jat (October 26th, 2011), jakharanil (October 30th, 2011), narvir (June 29th, 2012), ravinderjeet (October 25th, 2011), rohittewatia (October 26th, 2011), sjakhars (October 25th, 2011), vishalsunsunwal (November 11th, 2011), VPannu (October 27th, 2011)

यदि सर्प विषैला ना हो तो भी उसे स्वयं को विषैला दिखाना चाहिए.

यहाँ तो सांप अत्यंत ही विषेला और घातक हे ,पर दीखता नहीं हे | सो जाओ भारतीयों ,सो जाओ |तुम्हारा रखवाला , उप्पर वाला |और एक बात का ध्यान रखना तुम्हारे उप्पर कोई नहीं हे |
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ravinderjeet For This Useful Post:

narvir (June 29th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (January 20th, 2012), Prikshit (October 25th, 2011), rajpaldular (October 25th, 2011), rohittewatia (October 26th, 2011), vishalsunsunwal (November 11th, 2011)