Thread: We should come forward and support Anna's Movement financially also

We should come forward and support Anna's Movement financially also

I was mesmerised by the high spirits of the people at the Ram Lila Maidan on these previous days.

The walk from India Gate to Ram Lila Maidan on 21st August (Sunday) seemed to be a cakewalk despite it being a few kilometres. The high energy of lakhs of marching people, young and old charged every one up and with sloganeering we marched. It was a sea of humanity marching ahead. There were people everywhere with all roads jam packed.

The one thing that I have been observing is that people are coming forward to contribute in whatever manner - some providing food items, water, while others holding langars (people's kitchen). Considering the fact that this is a long drawn battle against Corruption, I have decided to do my bit financially also. I had kept aside a certain sum of money to buy a smartphone. I have now decided to donate that money to Anna's Movement (India Against Corruption). My smart phone can wait but Anna's movement cannot wait.

My request to all - be there and also if possible contribute financially or with food/water. If we cannot get time off from work, either take a day off in a week or you can be there in the evening after your work. No contribution is big or small - Let's do it!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

cooljat (August 23rd, 2011), deependra (August 23rd, 2011), skarmveer (August 23rd, 2011), sukhbirhooda (August 23rd, 2011)

As you enter the Ramlila grounds from the N. Delhi metro station side, you will find a donation stall on your right, where a number of donation boxes are kept. People can go there and donate the money.

I don't think they are accepting any food items or other things from individuals, remember it is not a relief camp but a demonstration. Also, accepting such things from individual is risky as well as unmanageable.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arvindc For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (August 25th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (August 23rd, 2011)

People distributing Water pouches, Fruits and other eatables and no body stopping them till Sunday. We had sent 100 bags of water pouches, Biscuits and bananas with our friends and we are visiting regularly. Its a great job done by Shree Anna Hajarey Ji and his team Hats off to all of them. and Shame on these corrupt politicians specially congresses those not hearing such a loud voice of people against corruption.
    WORD IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I M POSSIBLE.

Apologising dosent mean that U are wrong & the other is right.....It only means that U value the relationship much more than ur ego.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skarmveer For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (August 25th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (August 23rd, 2011)