Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ch. Chhotu Ram Jatland Scholarship : Ideas and Execution

Agree with Jit and Jagmohan ji.
    according to me.kisi ki help ye kah kar karna ki wo age doosre ki kare,acha idea nahi.tough hota hai pta lagane ki aage karega ya nahi.forcly socail work nahi kraya jaa sakta kisi se.jaisa ki jit and jagmohan ji ne kaha apne aas paas help karna acha hai.foreighn study ke liye to bank loan mil jaata hai.and wo capable bhi ho jaate hai chukaane ke liye..
    isse acha hai ki jyada logo ki chhoti needs ko poora kiya jaaye.equality ki taraf bhi dhyan diya aa jaye.
    bahut se bachche hai jo paise ki kami ke chalte apni eduacation poori nahi kar paate.unhe books,clothes and unki fee ke liye help dena acha hai.agar unme se 50% ne bhi aage aisa hi socha to samaj ke liye jyada acha hai in comparision kisi 1 k liye jyada paise dene.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to htomar For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), narvir (July 26th, 2012), urmiladuhan (September 6th, 2011)

अंधो के बीच आँख होना बड़े खतरे की बात है !
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), narvir (July 26th, 2012), raka (July 29th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    अंधो के बीच आँख होना बड़े खतरे की बात है !
    Samar जी, अच्छी बात है !

Regards,

Urmila.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

Dear Samar,

I guess...I am too late to reply for this thread......but later is better then never.....
    I like your idea.....one can't understand the real meaning of scholarship until he/she has not availed it....and scholarship gives a chance to study and make a difference to one’s life.....why do we need anything in returned....if he/she comes forward and say that I am going to reciprocate the same then its fine...otherwise let him/her to go their own way...Help in the form of scholarship should be selfless...nothing in return....I will be happy to help in such a noble cause and I believe that a framework is necessary but I guess you can take care of that too....Please let me know what has to be done from my side....I will always stand for you.....
    Technology has no limit nor I do...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ankurbaliyan For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), narvir (July 26th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (September 25th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan View Post
    Dear friends,

I have a slightly different opinion and would seek understanding form worthy members. My views are neither for nor against anybody but an outcome of may be having seen life a bit more closely than others.

There is no greater gift in life than contributing to someone’s education. I have always maintained that charity beings at home and if there is no one to avail of the charity at home then start outwards. See if your cousin / nephew / niece or someone within the family needs immediate financial support. Should you find that all your close ones are well cared for and don’t need any help then look for someone in the ‘Kunbaa’ or ‘Paana’ in the village and so on!

Human being by nature has a craving for doing something for another person and may be even getting some recognition for that. In JAT society, it had been a common practice to read out names of people who had contributed to a common cause; building a school, ‘chaupal’, drainage system or a rest house in a village. I recollect during marriages even the amount of ‘Bhaat’ given by the brothers used to be read out. The items that a bride brought from her home (Doosar) used to be displayed for all to see. The comments that were passed by the women folk is another chapter all together! Therefore, we are used to giving.

Personally I am against giving money to the NGO’s. If someone asks me why, I may not be able to give an answer to everyone’s satisfaction but that’s me. I would rather give financial help to my nephew, who now is at a very crucial juncture of his professional life.

Even if you give financial aid to a total stranger who is needy (even if referred to by few Jatlanders), there is no guarantee that he too will help out another one when he is able.

My advice to Mr Samar Kadian would be to look around and find one needy person and go ahead and do it. Don’t wait for an organization to take shape.

Best regards,

JS Malik
    Dear Col.,

Having seen life considerably less than you, I can take the liberty of opining immature ideas and actually trying them irrespective of scholars turning hostile or loyal. But neither you nor me can see the future, so lets leave the success [or failure of it ] in the womb of time.Had it not been Ch Chaju Ram, we won't ve heard of Ch Chotu Ram either. Sorry but no sorry, I can't take your advice in present format.

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with what Jaggu Uncle has suggested here.

Its true, charity begins at home and if you help someone needy in your relation (near or distant) .. apparently he will be benefited and to add more you can keep a check/track on him as well as insist/encourage to give back to society.

I know couple of examples where a senior JL member helped few Jats by encouraging and supporting in studying abroad but after a time they literally forgot all the help and the person .. giving back to society is far cry.

Samar's idea is very good n' noble but it seems a bit wishful n' hypothetical by the nature at movement. Col Malik's idea makes more sense n' seems pragmatic to me.

Cheers
    Jit
    What is the gurantee with ISO mark that a relative- in- need would be a relative indeed post-scholarship.?

Quote Originally Posted by Ankurbaliyan View Post
    Dear Samar,

I guess...I am too late to reply for this thread......but later is better then never.....
    I like your idea.....one can't understand the real meaning of scholarship until he/she has not availed it....and scholarship gives a chance to study and make a difference to one’s life.....why do we need anything in returned....if he/she comes forward and say that I am going to reciprocate the same then its fine...otherwise let him/her to go their own way...Help in the form of scholarship should be selfless...nothing in return....I will be happy to help in such a noble cause and I believe that a framework is necessary but I guess you can take care of that too....Please let me know what has to be done from my side....I will always stand for you.....
    Ankur,

You are not late and I am still alive. All you and anyone ve to do is, put a framework for this idea. Framework could be in any form supporting the concept of scholarships for higher studies in India or abroad.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; October 4th, 2011 at 10:35 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), narvir (July 26th, 2012)

i m new to this site and little youger then my elder bhai log discussing here...bt i also want to share smthin..
    1st thing making commitee nd members is not a problem...problem is correct utilisation of funds...if we r gving scholarship to any student who is studying abroad..then we hv to follow sm selection procedure(mandatory)...we can make the student to sign an agreement that he has to contribute to our funds till the repayement or he has to sponsor a student eqally neeeding help nd has to produce the evidence...see we can be little professional bt our ultimete objective is to help the whole community....
    1 more thing if a student is going for internatinal scholarship..we hv to assume that he is worth in giving help later...we dont want any student to become an i.a.s wd our scholarship nd doing nothing....let show sympathy and help to needy ppl bt in a professional way....main thing is that the plan should propogate nd should nt end blindly with any student...he has to carry it if he is taking it...
    Last edited by drkarminder; October 13th, 2011 at 06:42 PM.

See the idea is no doubt noble but why to restrict it to one student only?

As far as monetary help is concerned I think we have so many users in here, we can collect small-2 amonuts from individauls as per there wish.
    One alone doing this would be burdensome for many.

Give and Take is fine. It should be there those who are getting help must help others when they become self-dependent.

I would like to add one important thing to this.

Please please try to understand the importance of guidance. A good guidance will work better than all others methods of help.

Somebody quoted "realism is not pessimism" its true but we must give a try to make ideas feasible.
    Don't expect for overnight changes but yeah slowly and gradually things will get better.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

drkarminder (October 14th, 2011), rohittewatia (July 28th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    See the idea is no doubt noble but why to restrict it to one student only?

As far as monetary help is concerned I think we have so many users in here, we can collect small-2 amonuts from individauls as per there wish.
    One alone doing this would be burdensome for many.

Give and Take is fine. It should be there those who are getting help must help others when they become self-dependent.

I would like to add one important thing to this.

Please please try to understand the importance of guidance. A good guidance will work better than all others methods of help.

Somebody quoted "realism is not pessimism" its true but we must give a try to make ideas feasible.
    Don't expect for overnight changes but yeah slowly and gradually things will get better.
    Prikshit,

Ofcourse guidance works better. Lets go a little further, suppose one gets enough guidance and secure an admission somewhere but unable to fix the tution fee then scholarship becomes handy in relishing the education dream. Further, scholarship would tend to induce competitive spirits in both guided and unguided aspirants. Free Guidance may be highly depending upon the availablity of the guide. If this Scholarship could establish its ground and turns official, it may go for a long time.

You may 've misinterpreted somewhere about one student. No, its not just for one student. Minimum 3-5 initially in different modules.

As far as fundraising is concerned that is a matter to be looked after first step of formulasing this idea takes some concrete shape.

I am not expecting any change rather I am hunting for improvement if it can make to some people's lives.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; October 14th, 2011 at 11:29 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), narvir (July 26th, 2012)

Lets get started then !!

I am ready to give all possible help from my side.

( Free Guidance may be highly depending upon the availablity of the guide) That is what I was stressing upon we can start it at our village or locality level.
    And depending upon the time available with us we can further work on it.

You take the initiative and ask the individuals keen to do this. I am in, please do consider me for this initiative.

"A hand in hand makes a chain"

Contact information
    prikshitchhillar9569@yahoo.com
    prikshit.chhillar@tcs.com
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (November 26th, 2011)

Friends,

There can be several types and modalities to initiate the move to help really deserving and needy aspirants of higher education. But before giving them even a penny, it is unwise on our part to doubt their integrity. For an example of successful step for furtherance of opportunities for the promising but bereft of means students kindly permit to add here an example of a creative mind who has paved way for thousands of Mukandians over the years.
    In Mukand Lal National College Yamunanagar (Haryana) an interest free honest study loan (in the form of scholarship) was started by the then Principal Tilak Raj Chadha to the old students of the college who pursued their professional studies available at other institutes simply on an application without obtaining any surety or bond in any form. The funds to meet this scholarship were raised by willing donation of their security amount by many of the out going /passing out college students and 1% share of salary of the staff. The recipients of the help from this fund have risen to several high positions as doctors and engineers in India and abroad. You will be glad to learn that in spite of no tag of condition attached with this study loan or say scholarship, thousands of beneficiaries of returned the amount by adding manifold amount to their alma mater and the reserve fund continues to be used by the deserving and needy students. The scheme has been running successfully since 1970's.

This type of scheme may be implemented as it neither places precondition nor puts one under burden. it is purely upto the wish of the loan taker to pay back or not. If need be more details of this scheme can be supplied on demand by me. Thanks

Dr. Raj Pal Singh

So, what happened to the noble Idea? Is it still alive? And, pls make it into reality, a good thing like this needs not much thought process involved.
    Jat Balwaan\n Jai Bhagwaan

Folks------

lets get it done

discussion started in Aug 2011-------
    almost an year

lets plan it------
    whosoever is good with planning n all

lets brain storm things------n get it done

ab plan banayenge------tab jakar kahin 2013 mei launch kar payega

Awesome ------

i guess sir , this plan can work
    ofcourse with some additons

n as it is running successfully since 40 years-----i m sure it does worth a shot

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friends,

There can be several types and modalities to initiate the move to help really deserving and needy aspirants of higher education. But before giving them even a penny, it is unwise on our part to doubt their integrity. For an example of successful step for furtherance of opportunities for the promising but bereft of means students kindly permit to add here an example of a creative mind who has paved way for thousands of Mukandians over the years.
    In Mukand Lal National College Yamunanagar (Haryana) an interest free honest study loan (in the form of scholarship) was started by the then Principal Tilak Raj Chadha to the old students of the college who pursued their professional studies available at other institutes simply on an application without obtaining any surety or bond in any form. The funds to meet this scholarship were raised by willing donation of their security amount by many of the out going /passing out college students and 1% share of salary of the staff. The recipients of the help from this fund have risen to several high positions as doctors and engineers in India and abroad. You will be glad to learn that in spite of no tag of condition attached with this study loan or say scholarship, thousands of beneficiaries of returned the amount by adding manifold amount to their alma mater and the reserve fund continues to be used by the deserving and needy students. The scheme has been running successfully since 1970's.

This type of scheme may be implemented as it neither places precondition nor puts one under burden. it is purely upto the wish of the loan taker to pay back or not. If need be more details of this scheme can be supplied on demand by me. Thanks

Dr. Raj Pal Singh