Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ch. Chhotu Ram Jatland Scholarship : Ideas and Execution

Ch. Chhotu Ram Jatland Scholarship : Ideas and Execution

प्रिय जाटलैंड वासियों ,

एक विचार आप लोगो के साथ बाँटना चाहता हूँ !

एक विचार के साथ साथ यह एक सकारात्मक पहल भी हो सकती है ! इस मंच के जरिये देश-विदेश में उच्च शिक्षा हेतु एक छात्रवृति दी जाए ! जिस पात्र को ये छात्रवृति मिले वो भविष्य में एक और विद्यार्थी को प्रायोजित करे ! इस प्रकार एक श्रृंखला जुड़े जिस से जाट समुदाय के विद्यार्थियों को अपना जीवन सवारने का अवसर मिले !

आपके विचार एवं योगदान की प्रतीक्षा रहेगी !
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), cooljat (August 29th, 2011), DrRajpalSingh (November 26th, 2011), narvir (July 26th, 2012), prashantacmet (August 29th, 2011), rohittewatia (July 28th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (August 4th, 2012), saurabhjaglan (September 4th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (August 30th, 2011), sunillore (July 26th, 2012)

Samar jee - it is like receiving scholarship on loan.

Regards,

Urmila.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

What do you suggest Urmila?

Point behind the sponsoring another student is to create a knitted group.

However, as I said its still an idea and is flexible as per members suggest

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post

Regards,

Urmila.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), narvir (July 26th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 30th, 2011), sunillore (July 26th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    What do you suggest Urmila?

Point behind the sponsoring another student is to create a knitted group.

However, as I said its still an idea and is flexible as per members suggest
    I am not sure how good the idea would be.

Regards,

Urmila.

Regards,

Urmila.
    Kindly elaborate, thanks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (November 30th, 2011)

...and I am sure you were just casual in responding to it.

However, I am keen to learn further from you and everybody about it.

Regards,

Urmila.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (August 30th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    प्रिय जाटलैंड वासियों ,

एक विचार आप लोगो के साथ बाँटना चाहता हूँ !

एक विचार के साथ साथ यह एक सकारात्मक पहल भी हो सकती है ! इस मंच के जरिये देश-विदेश में उच्च शिक्षा हेतु एक छात्रवृति दी जाए ! जिस पात्र को ये छात्रवृति मिले वो भविष्य में एक और विद्यार्थी को प्रायोजित करे ! इस प्रकार एक श्रृंखला जुड़े जिस से जाट समुदाय के विद्यार्थियों को अपना जीवन सवारने का अवसर मिले !

आपके विचार एवं योगदान की प्रतीक्षा रहेगी !
    not a bad idea .. but we have to work out on its feasiblity...

P.S : Currently busy , a detailed suggesstion wil be given in the evening
    Navdeep Khatkar
    मिट्टी का तन, मस्ती का मन, क्षण भर जीवन, मेरा परिचय

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to navdeepkhatkar For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (August 30th, 2011)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

lets do it

let us start it under Navin Gulia's NGO janjagriti / ADAA. He has things in place. Contribution for this can be separately collected and the donor can specify it is for this purpose only. At the end of contribution a list showing each contribution and total sum be posted here (infact all related developments should be posted in a transparent way under this thread only). Top three contributor shall be selection committee member by default. Other eminent personality and volunteer here (not more than 4) becomes other member. Give wide publicity - ask for applications - carry out interviews - select and display the total list, selection criteria and final chosen one.
    Bottomline - One only needs honesty and good people like Arvind kejriwal and his team to achieve any good deed.
    BTW - Navin Gulia Bhai has all the qualities, only we have failed to support him.

regards,

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rameshlakra For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), narvir (July 26th, 2012), neetu21 (August 29th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (November 30th, 2011)

Regards,

Urmila.
    I think mixing something that one does out of choice i.e., enhancing kinship bond, with something that is mandatory i.e., repay the scholarship money, may not be such a good idea. What if the person who has received the scholarship does not think much of the 'kinship' bond when it comes to sponsoring a scholarship?

Regards,

Urmila.

I think mixing something that one does out of choice i.e., enhancing kinship bond, with something that is mandatory i.e., repay the scholarship money, may not be such a good idea. What if the person who has received the scholarship does not think much of the 'kinship' bond when it comes to sponsoring a scholarship?

Regards,

Urmila.
    Absurd question..don't derail the thread please
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

nkumars83 (December 14th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    Absurd question..don't derail the thread please
    Kindly refrain from negativity. What is so absurd about it, by the way?

Regards,

Urmila.
    Last edited by urmiladuhan; August 30th, 2011 at 12:24 PM.

Kindly refrain from negativity. What is so absurd about it, by the way?

Regards,

Urmila.
    Hmm..so you are talking positive..? ...what is not absurd in your question, by the way?
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Hi all ,
    The above idea is good , but while looking @ its feasibility, there are few questions which comes into my mind. Say it the negativity of my mind or the kind of work I do daily i.e. testing.. the first thing that comes to my mind is negative test cases. :
    First thing first… looking @ its feasibility:
    • Funds : the idea is good that we can sponsor the student through Naveen Gulia’s NGO.
    But for that we have to spread the word and awareness about the NGO,as I don’t know anything about that.
    • Selection criteria: who will finalize that who is the needy student.
    • Time Frame: what will be the time frame for the scholarship (2yrs or 4 yrs).
    • Guarantee of repayment: how we can be sure that the person whom we are lending a helping hand is going to repay the same to the society.
    • Number of students sponsored: for how many years we will be sponsoring students.
    • Time when the sponsored students will start sponsoring.
    • Who will determine that the sponsored student is quite settled and now should start sponsoring.

As of now this is what my tiny mind is able to contribute.
    Navdeep Khatkar
    मिट्टी का तन, मस्ती का मन, क्षण भर जीवन, मेरा परिचय

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to navdeepkhatkar For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), narvir (July 26th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (September 1st, 2011), sunillore (July 26th, 2012)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    • Funds : the idea is good that we can sponsor the student through Naveen Gulia’s NGO.

But for that we have to spread the word and awareness about the NGO,as I don’t know anything about that. - (agreed)
    • Selection criteria: who will finalize that who is the needy student. - 3 top contributors and 4 eminent Jatlander
    • Time Frame: what will be the time frame for the scholarship (2yrs or 4 yrs). - Should not be a problem, we can keep this flexible on need basis.
    • Guarantee of repayment: how we can be sure that the person whom we are lending a helping hand is going to repay the same to the society. - Agreed, there has to some bond or allegiance and the selection committee has to use their judgement by checking antecedent of the candidate.
    • Number of students sponsored: for how many years we will be sponsoring students. - Should not be big question, selection committee may take a call
    • Time when the sponsored students will start sponsoring. - Same as above
    • Who will determine that the sponsored student is quite settled and now should start sponsoring. - Same as above

As of now this is what my tiny mind is able to contribute.[/QUOTE]

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rameshlakra For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), narvir (July 26th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (September 1st, 2011)

What Samar thought was a noble thought, and it all starts from a good thought......

but but Urmila what you said was something 'realistic' (yep ! tats right ! it will be totally ignored) and most probably this noble idea will end up in rubbish bin which is expected.

Some ignorant optimists believe realism is pessimism.
    Last edited by gaganjat; August 31st, 2011 at 09:12 PM.
    My way or my way ?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaganjat For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 30th, 2011)

The composition of committee will be known only after knowing the names of top contributors of this fund. It is hard to get persons to donate for this cause unless all these questions are answered. I could not understand how the committee(Composition of it is not known yet) will decide about Number of students to be sponsored . Can you explain it please.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rameshlakra View Post
    But for that we have to spread the word and awareness about the NGO,as I don’t know anything about that. - (agreed)
    • Selection criteria: who will finalize that who is the needy student. - 3 top contributors and 4 eminent Jatlander
    • Time Frame: what will be the time frame for the scholarship (2yrs or 4 yrs). - Should not be a problem, we can keep this flexible on need basis.
    • Guarantee of repayment: how we can be sure that the person whom we are lending a helping hand is going to repay the same to the society. - Agreed, there has to some bond or allegiance and the selection committee has to use their judgement by checking antecedent of the candidate.
    • Number of students sponsored: for how many years we will be sponsoring students. - Should not be big question, selection committee may take a call
    • Time when the sponsored students will start sponsoring. - Same as above
    • Who will determine that the sponsored student is quite settled and now should start sponsoring. - Same as above
    As of now this is what my tiny mind is able to contribute.
    [/QUOTE]
    Yoginder Gulia

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ygulia For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (November 30th, 2011)

We have to create a fund for this purpose. There has to be a fund management committee. We have one example in Jaipur. Jat Officers in Rajasthan have created a fund donated by its members. Web address is http://www.jatforum.com They provide scholarships to needy students with no condition to repay it. Check can be that each year he can be provided scholarship based on his performance. The needy applicants genuineness can be verified by local Jatland members.
    Laxman Burdak

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

bhupindersingh (September 2nd, 2011), cooljat (September 1st, 2011), narvir (July 26th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (September 1st, 2011)

Good thought, BUT...

Dear friends,

I have a slightly different opinion and would seek understanding form worthy members. My views are neither for nor against anybody but an outcome of may be having seen life a bit more closely than others.

There is no greater gift in life than contributing to someone’s education. I have always maintained that charity beings at home and if there is no one to avail of the charity at home then start outwards. See if your cousin / nephew / niece or someone within the family needs immediate financial support. Should you find that all your close ones are well cared for and don’t need any help then look for someone in the ‘Kunbaa’ or ‘Paana’ in the village and so on!

Human being by nature has a craving for doing something for another person and may be even getting some recognition for that. In JAT society, it had been a common practice to read out names of people who had contributed to a common cause; building a school, ‘chaupal’, drainage system or a rest house in a village. I recollect during marriages even the amount of ‘Bhaat’ given by the brothers used to be read out. The items that a bride brought from her home (Doosar) used to be displayed for all to see. The comments that were passed by the women folk is another chapter all together! Therefore, we are used to giving.

Personally I am against giving money to the NGO’s. If someone asks me why, I may not be able to give an answer to everyone’s satisfaction but that’s me. I would rather give financial help to my nephew, who now is at a very crucial juncture of his professional life.

Even if you give financial aid to a total stranger who is needy (even if referred to by few Jatlanders), there is no guarantee that he too will help out another one when he is able.

My advice to Mr Samar Kadian would be to look around and find one needy person and go ahead and do it. Don’t wait for an organization to take shape.

Best regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jagmohan For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), cooljat (September 4th, 2011), gaganjat (September 4th, 2011), htomar (September 6th, 2011), narendra81 (October 15th, 2011), narvir (July 26th, 2012), rohittewatia (July 28th, 2012), ssgoyat (October 13th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (November 30th, 2011)

I wholeheartedly agree with what Jaggu Uncle has suggested here.

Its true, charity begins at home and if you help someone needy in your relation (near or distant) .. apparently he will be benefited and to add more you can keep a check/track on him as well as insist/encourage to give back to society.

I know couple of examples where a senior JL member helped few Jats by encouraging and supporting in studying abroad but after a time they literally forgot all the help and the person .. giving back to society is far cry.

Samar's idea is very good n' noble but it seems a bit wishful n' hypothetical by the nature at movement. Col Malik's idea makes more sense n' seems pragmatic to me.

Cheers
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan View Post
    Dear friends,

I have a slightly different opinion and would seek understanding form worthy members. My views are neither for nor against anybody but an outcome of may be having seen life a bit more closely than others.

There is no greater gift in life than contributing to someone’s education. I have always maintained that charity beings at home and if there is no one to avail of the charity at home then start outwards. See if your cousin / nephew / niece or someone within the family needs immediate financial support. Should you find that all your close ones are well cared for and don’t need any help then look for someone in the ‘Kunbaa’ or ‘Paana’ in the village and so on!

Human being by nature has a craving for doing something for another person and may be even getting some recognition for that. In JAT society, it had been a common practice to read out names of people who had contributed to a common cause; building a school, ‘chaupal’, drainage system or a rest house in a village. I recollect during marriages even the amount of ‘Bhaat’ given by the brothers used to be read out. The items that a bride brought from her home (Doosar) used to be displayed for all to see. The comments that were passed by the women folk is another chapter all together! Therefore, we are used to giving.

Personally I am against giving money to the NGO’s. If someone asks me why, I may not be able to give an answer to everyone’s satisfaction but that’s me. I would rather give financial help to my nephew, who now is at a very crucial juncture of his professional life.

Even if you give financial aid to a total stranger who is needy (even if referred to by few Jatlanders), there is no guarantee that he too will help out another one when he is able.

My advice to Mr Samar Kadian would be to look around and find one needy person and go ahead and do it. Don’t wait for an organization to take shape.

Best regards,

JS Malik
    Last edited by cooljat; September 6th, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

anilrana (July 26th, 2012), htomar (September 6th, 2011), narvir (July 26th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 30th, 2011)

[QUOTE=lrburdak;276410] scholarships to needy students with no condition to repay it. Check can be that each year he can be provided scholarship based on his performance.

"No condition to repay" - this is absolutely must especially if the fund is being called Scholarship. In my humble opinion, the feeling of charity must come naturally instead of being forced (i.e.., through mandatory sponsoring another candidate) - hence no need to repay.

Regards,

Urmila.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

rohittewatia (July 28th, 2012)