Thread: AJA - North East Chapter Diwali Celebrations 2011

AJA - North East Chapter Diwali Celebrations 2011

DIWALI FESTIVAL CELEBRATION

Saturday, October 29th, 2011

Respected elders, dear friends, and loving children:
    It’s time for our Jat community to come together to celebrate the festival of lights or Diwali which signifies the homecoming of Lord Rama after fourteen years of exile. Diwali also marks the incoming of Lakshmi, the goddess that brings prosperity.

The executive committee of AJA is delighted to announce that Diwali Festival will be celebrated on Saturday, October 29, 2011 at Holiday Inn located at 3050 Woodbridge Avenue, Edison, NJ 08837 (please see the enclosed directions).
    The schedule of events will be as follows:

5:30 – 7:00 pm Registration and Snacks
    7:00 – 7:30 pm Laxmi Puja and Aarti
    7:30 – 9:30 pm Cultural programs
    9:30 – 11:00 pm Dinner and Dance

Please note that:

· Dues will be collected at the door: $75/family, $50/couple and $25/single person. Please call or email to confirm your attendance by 24th Oct.(Needed by Holiday Inn for chair arrangements).
    · We will be having a great cultural program, which will consist of singing, dancing, skit, and drama. All prospective candidates along with any youngsters who wish to help with the stage arrangement are requested to contact Mrs. Sangeeta Rana at (516) 428-2500 or by email: Sangeeta098@yahoo.com by Oct. 10, 2011 regarding participation in the cultural competition. Everyone is encouraged to participate in the program.
    · Food is being catered. However, please feel free to bring sweets to share with other members
    · Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.

To those friends who are unable to join us on this occasion, we extend our best wishes for New Year 2012 and a very Happy Diwali.

Note: Please send your confirmation by email or phone to Mr. Jaipal Rana(jranadvm@yahoo.com, 516-330-1109) or Harish Dhayal (hdhayal@hotmail.com/732-431-0603) or Devender Rana(devenrana@yahoo.com/732-829-7085) with number of people attending so that catering arrangement can be done accordingly

Directions to Holiday Inn, 3050 Woodbridge Avenue, Edison, NJ 08837 Phone: (732) 661-1000

Route 1:
    - Merge onto NJ-440 S via the ramp to I-287
    - Take the I-95 exit toward County Rd 514 W
    - Follow signs for County Rd 514 W/Bonhamtown and merge onto Co Rd 514/Woodbridge Ave
    - Make a U-turn Destination will be on the left
    - Arrive at: Co Rd 514/Woodbridge Ave

NJ Turnpike:
    - Take Turnpike to exit 10 and bear right.
    - After Toll Plaza take hwy 514W Follow signs to Raritan center.
    - Stay in right lane and follow the curved road to light.
    - Turn Left on King George Post Rd. Hotel in on Left.

From Garden State Parkway:
    - Take exit 127 for NJ-440 S/Industrial Ave toward I-287 N
    - Follow signs for NJ-440 N/I-287 N and merge onto NJ-440 S
    - Take the I-95 exit toward County Rd 514 W
    - Follow signs for County Rd 514 W/Bonhamtown and merge onto Co Rd 514/Woodbridge Ave
    - Make a U-turn Destination will be on the left
    - Arrive at: Co Rd 514/Woodbridge Ave

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hdhayal For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (September 19th, 2011)

Hi
    I tried to register on AJA but it is showing some error. please tell me how can I register on AJA. also add me on your listserve (my email ID: suryapal dot chahar at gmail dot com)

Thanks
    Surya Chahar