Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jats: Religious inclination

Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan View Post
    Dear All,

An all time favorite topic this is. I am immediately reminded of an old saying of a philosopher – “The world will see real peace when the last priest is hung by the guts of the last politician”. Though one should avoid discussing ‘Religion’, ‘Politics’ and “Women’ in public, but since I am no longer in the ‘Fauj’, let me indulge a bit!

It is my personal belief that the happiest people are those who don’t follow worthless rituals as laid down in the so called ‘Granths’ written and propagated by ‘Pandats’. I personally don’t believe in any of the Gods or Goddesses for whom temples have been built and destroyed over the centuries. I believe that ‘Nature’ is Godly and has the power to instill fear in humans and animals alike. The earliest humans feared Fire, Water, Light (Lightening) and Darkness etc. Later on these came to be worshipped as Gods.

I have grown up watching my elders working extremely hard in the fields. For them the animals that tilled the fields were much more important than any multi faced God/Goddesses riding all sorts of animals from a rat to a tiger. I have seen my elders sit and talk sense over a ‘Hukka’ after hard days work. I have seen them give respect to their elders and guests. I have seen them give shelter to people who got late and had nowhere to go after nightfall. I have seen them give up their comforts to make others comfortable. I can go on and on. Basically, I have seen Gods and Goddesses in action in my own village. I have never felt the need to bow in front of any ‘Baba’ or ‘Pandat’ in the hope of going to heaven. I have considered myself to be in heaven from the time I was born. No sir, I will never believe in these so called ‘Babas’ who claim to have achieved ‘Nirvana’ and claim to know the route to heaven. I will give money to a poor child who can’t pay his fee for education but not a rupee to any organization that patronizes superstition in the name of religion.

Someone asked whether there is any enlightened person in Haryana. Yes, my parents were enlightened. I consider them to be Godly and I pray for a few seconds in front of their photos every morning. My prayers are basically very simple and go something like this “Thank you for bringing me to this earth and giving me life. I hope I am living up to your expectations? Please continue to shower your blessings on me so that I can live a life full of hard work and be of use to my near and dear ones”.

My request to fellow Jatlanders is simple: We are JATS. Don’t ever be trapped by these so called Granths, ‘Pandats’ and ‘Babas’.

I am sorry. My uncle used to believe in God. But only when he sat down with a friend to have his evening drinks. He used to often invoke God especially in peak summers and say "O RAM, meehn (Rain) barsaade. Thodi thand ho jya gi ar hum do peg laa leinge. Naaj (harvest) bheej gya te koi na. Amrika (USA) aale aid de deinge".

Thank you and best wishes,

JS Malik
    Good One!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan View Post
    Dear All,

An all time favorite topic this is. I am immediately reminded of an old saying of a philosopher – “The world will see real peace when the last priest is hung by the guts of the last politician”. .................................................. .........................................I am sorry. My uncle used to believe in God. But only when he sat down with a friend to have his evening drinks. He used to often invoke God especially in peak summers and say "O RAM, meehn (Rain) barsaade. Thodi thand ho jya gi ar hum do peg laa leinge. Naaj (harvest) bheej gya te koi na. Amrika (USA) aale aid de deinge".

Thank you and best wishes,

JS Malik
    Thank you so much sir, you have conveyed exactly what i intended and in a much better way it like ' sau sunaar ki aur ek lauhaar ki" aur shayad jaat aali aadhi he bhateri..
    regards
    neeraj

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neerajshoran For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), Bisky (December 14th, 2011)

There's a saying 'Soh Luhaar ki aur ek Jat ki' by old JL member Sumit Dahiya. Anyways, I second with Jaggu uncle's viewpoint here .. Jats do believe in hard work and for them work is worship .. since we believe in truth, honesty and hard work .. we don't require any God for that matter. However still few Jats are fan of Bajrang Bali but hardly seen anybody religiously worshiping idols. But now trend is changing not sure about male members of community but certainly Jatnis are inclining more towards religion and rituals.

Quote Originally Posted by neerajshoran View Post
    Thank you so much sir, you have conveyed exactly what i intended and in a much better way it like ' sau sunaar ki aur ek lauhaar ki" aur shayad jaat aali aadhi he bhateri..
    regards
    neeraj
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ravinderjeet View Post
    कती सही बात कही स भाई ,इब्ब जाट देशी घी बर्गे कम रह रे सें अर डालडा घणे हो लिए सें | हंस चला कौए की चाल आपणी चाल भी भूल गया |
    Karam hi pooza hai..yo hai jaat ka dharaam!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

jats have been a simple farming race and have been influenced by different religions frm time to time, hindu , muslim, sikh sare hian.. byas , sacha soda, jhotha soda sabme chale jawen hian bechare, itni tnsn na lete. ib mudda ye hai ke jaata ne dharam ka palan nhai karna chiaye ke, mane ek be last yr " should we allow sikh jats on JL..." wale thread me likh diya tha ak jaat kise dharam ke nahi bandh rahya, sare paa fasa rakhe hain. meri latte paad liye the aade loga ne :D

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to narwaldeepak For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (September 24th, 2011), neerajshoran (September 24th, 2011), ravinderjeet (September 23rd, 2011), rsdalal (August 5th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by narwaldeepak View Post
    jats have been a simple farming race and have been influenced by different religions frm time to time, hindu , muslim, sikh sare hian.. Byas , sacha soda, jhotha soda sabme chale jawen hian bechare, itni tnsn na lete. Ib mudda ye hai ke jaata ne dharam ka palan nhai karna chiaye ke, mane ek be last yr " should we allow sikh jats on jl..." wale thread me likh diya tha ak jaat kise dharam ke nahi bandh rahya, sare paa fasa rakhe hain. meri latte paad liye the aade loga ne :d

उपरा तली कई जोड़ी पहर के आणा चाहिए आड़े |
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ravinderjeet For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), rsdalal (August 5th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by ravinderjeet View Post
    [/color]

उपरा तली कई जोड़ी पहर के आणा चाहिए आड़े |
    hahaha kai jodi b paad denge, aade ughaade manas kaamyaab hain

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to narwaldeepak For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), rsdalal (August 5th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by narwaldeepak View Post
    hahaha kai jodi b paad denge, aade ughaade manas kaamyaab hain
    kime kaam ki baat kar le kyu tem pass karan lag raha h narwal ... :P:P:P
    sarkari nokri ka asar aa gaya tere pe ..

P.S.: baki ek baat satya h ... pahlam kise ne kahi thee ... dont discuss "religion", "politics " & "women" in public. i follow that Uncle's POV.
    Navdeep Khatkar
    मिट्टी का तन, मस्ती का मन, क्षण भर जीवन, मेरा परिचय

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to navdeepkhatkar For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), preetikhatri (January 4th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by navdeepkhatkar View Post
    kime kaam ki baat kar le kyu tem pass karan lag raha h narwal ... :P:P:P
    sarkari nokri ka asar aa gaya tere pe ..

P.S.: baki ek baat satya h ... pahlam kise ne kahi thee ... dont discuss "religion", "politics " & "women" in public. i follow that Uncle's POV.
    dear navdeep i agree with you, but when u see that we are forgetting our religion of simplicity and walking the path of religious and ritualistic obscenities brought in by 'pandats', then some times you are bound to think and talk about it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neerajshoran For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), Bisky (December 14th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by neerajshoran View Post
    dear navdeep i agree with you, but when u see that we are forgetting our religion of simplicity and walking the path of religious and ritualistic obscenities brought in by 'pandats', then some times you are bound to think and talk about it.
    Sure shoran bhai .. go on .. discuss..
    As usual i am a gud listner.

P.S : i follow allthe posts & threads with such diuscussions ... all this add to my knowledge..
    Navdeep Khatkar
    मिट्टी का तन, मस्ती का मन, क्षण भर जीवन, मेरा परिचय

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to navdeepkhatkar For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), Bisky (December 14th, 2011), neerajshoran (September 26th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (September 25th, 2011), urmiladuhan (December 15th, 2011)

Dear friend, Permit me to add here that Bhagat Phul Singh was one of the best known religious and social reformer from the Jat community of Haryana. Swami Omanand Sarswati, the founder of Gurukul Jhajjar, and Swami Keshwanand, the founder of Gandhi Gramothan Vidyapeeth, Sangaria were gems of India of 20th century who were second to none in knowledge or fervor for social uplift of the community in particular and society in general.
    Sincerely,
    Dr. Raj Pal Singh

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Bisky (December 14th, 2011), ravinderjeet (December 14th, 2011), rsdalal (August 5th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (August 24th, 2012), Sure (August 5th, 2012)

one of the best and fruitful thread of the JL. thanks and all credit goes to bhai neeraj sheoran. we all are aware of these facts but nobody dares to expose his/her views regarding these facts. keep it up neeraj bhai, serve n defend both - our country n JL ofcouse. don't care a damn about some halwais. ar jitender Mann saheb aapki dish jab ban ja te saare JLers bhaiya ne chakaiye.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rajneeshantil For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), Bisky (December 14th, 2011), ravinderjeet (December 14th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by rajneeshantil View Post
    one of the best and fruitful thread of the JL. thanks and all credit goes to bhai neeraj sheoran. we all are aware of these facts but nobody dares to expose his/her views regarding these facts. keep it up neeraj bhai, serve n defend both - our country n JL ofcouse. don't care a damn about some halwais. ar jitender Mann saheb aapki dish jab ban ja te saare JLers bhaiya ne chakaiye.
    Really my bad luck that I've missed such a nice topic. Salute to Mr. Neeraj for starting this this thread. Mr. J S Malik & Dr. Rajpal - thank U very much for the fruitful contribution to the classic debate.
    But I m looking for a gentleman who was cooking something. Equally thanks to him too bcoz without him we were not able to eat a tasty dish.

"अच्छी आग जलाए रखने के लिए अपने पास लकड़ियों का संग्रह रखना आवश्यक है"
    Thanx.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bisky For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), deependra (December 15th, 2011), deshi-jat (December 15th, 2011), urmiladuhan (December 15th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Dear friend, Permit me to add here that Bhagat Phul Singh was one of the best known religious and social reformer from the Jat community of Haryana. Swami Omanand Sarswati, the founder of Gurukul Jhajjar, and Swami Keshwanand, the founder of Gandhi Gramothan Vidyapeeth, Sangaria were gems of India of 20th century who were second to none in knowledge or fervor for social uplift of the community in particular and society in general.
    Sincerely,
    Dr. Raj Pal Singh
    भगत धन्ना जाट ने क्यों भूल गए | इस्ते बढ़ा भगत आज तक कोई ना होया स जाटों में |
    भगत धन्ना जाट पर पहलवान दारा सिंह ने एक फिल्म भी बनाई थी वा जरुर देखियो सारे
    "कर्म हैं जिसका भगवान, कौम वतन पर हैं जो कुर्बान |
    पगड़ी का जो रखे मान सच्चे जाट की यह पहचान ||

कुछ हमारे संग चले आये गे .कुछ देख के रंग ढंग चले आये गे .बाकी बचे होके तंग चले आये गे !

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RavinderSura For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), Bisky (December 15th, 2011), DrRajpalSingh (August 5th, 2012), rsdalal (August 5th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (December 15th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by RavinderSura View Post
    भगत धन्ना जाट पर पहलवान दारा सिंह ने एक फिल्म भी बनाई थी वा जरुर देखियो सारे
    kisaan aur bhagwan
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vijaykajla1 For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 5th, 2012), deshi-jat (August 5th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (December 21st, 2011), rsdalal (August 5th, 2012)

Do you think that this type of threads(Jats:- Religious Inclination) deserve to be lost with time?

Quote Originally Posted by RavinderSura View Post
    Yes, You are right to point out that he was a great Bhakt. His contribution as a saint is acknowledged in scriptures also.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (August 5th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Bisky View Post

Do you think that this type of threads(Jats:- Religious Inclination) deserve to be lost with time?
    No. I feel it should be preserved and treasured. Thank you Pradeep Bhai for commenting on this thread today otherwise I would have missed it.
    Anil Rana

35. The Following User Says Thank You to anilrana For This Useful Post:

Bisky (August 6th, 2012)

इस थ्रेयड मे सबते बढ़ा कमाल या चिंता की बात तो या स के इब लग रेखा न अपना ज्ञान नहीं बाँट लिया स
    " जाट हारा नहीं कभी रण में तीर तोप तलवारों से ,
    जाट तो हारा हैं , गद्दारों से दरबारों से
    |"

" इस कौम का ईलाही दुखड़ा किसे सुनाऊ ?
    डर हैं के इसके गम में घुल घुल के न मर जाऊँ || "
    ...........................चौ.छोटूराम ओहल्याण

Quote Originally Posted by raka View Post
    इस थ्रेयड मे सबते बढ़ा कमाल या चिंता की बात तो या स के इब लग रेखा न अपना ज्ञान नहीं बाँट लिया स
    Tanney baat ched di ar aawnti e hogi ib
    Anil Rana