Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: You can write history of your clan and your village

You can write history of your clan and your village

Sandeep Kumar Sahu from Village: Dhaban in Hanumangarh is Teacher at Bhakrawali, (Mob:09460858936. Email - sandeepsingh1799@gmail.com). He sent me the following history of his village.

History of Dhaban

Dhaban is the most famous and old village of erstwhile Bikaner State. The word Dhab means - 'The Source of water'. Dhaban is plural of word Dhab, means many water sources. So fresh water was there and Dulla Khan, a muslim cattle herder from which Dhaban was bought by Jatt Sikh families migrated from British Punjab. Dulla Khan sold this camp (Present Village area of Dhaban) and revenue area Banjad Zameen about 52000 Beeghas in Rs.- five only in 1884 Vikarmi Samvat out of which Rs.-four were paid by Ch. Fina Singh Sahu and Rs.- one paid by Ch. Gharsi Jakhad ( According to old records, Muawaz Khana Suratgarh)

Chief Jatt Sikh Families (Khalsa Sardars) first came in Dhaban and bought the area were Gharsi Jakhad and Fauja Singh Sahu. Later in due course of time their relatives Beniwal Family, Godara, Karwasra, Bairad, Thorijat, Saharan and many other clans of Jats and Jatt Sikhs migrated from British Punjab and Rajputana. So the Culture of village is somewhat a hybrid variety of Punjabi and Rajasthani Culture and Language is called Beradi Zabaan because people speaks mixture of Punjabi and Bagadi (North Marwadi)

Administrative and Local History (1817 AD to 1962 AD) (1884-2029 Vikrami Samvat)

Total land area of Thikana-Dhaban was 52000 Beeghas which was divided into three parts (Zagirs) as under:

1. Revenue village Dhaban -26000 Beeghas and sub village Bhagatpura -10000 Beeghas

2. Revenue village Haripura - 11000 Beeghas

3. Revenue village Phool Desar -5000 Beeghas.

In Beginning these villages were divided according to Jat or Jatt Sub castes as follows :

1. Haripura was given to [Wiki]Jakhad[/Wiki] Family of Gharsi Jakhad

2. Bhagatpura was given to [Wiki]Beniwal[/Wiki] Family (Sanwat Singh) but Beniwals did not migrate from Dhaban and later on it was given to Sikh families from Bhagta (Bhatinda,Punjab).

3. Phool Desar was given to [Wiki]Sahu[/Wiki] family but till now no one lives there due to the reason that Fina Sahu's family was small with only son Megha Singh Sahu.

Land area of whole village Dhaban (26,000 Beeghas) was divided in five patties each one headed by a Lumberdar (Alam-Ber-Dar) an Urdu word for village headman which means local care taker or head of local Govt., Zamindar or Zagirdar. This post was inherited from father to son (traditional) and was at the last ring of chain of Indian feudal system.

[Wiki]Jakhad[/Wiki] family was a dominant factor in village Dhaban with three Lumberdars- Ch. Sultaan Jakhad, Ch. Gangaram Jakhad and Ch. Shyokaran Jakhad. Jakhad family migrated from Dhunnikan village, Bhatinda (Punjab)

Rest two Patties were [Wiki]Sahu[/Wiki] - Ch. Fina Singh whose family migrated from Nandgarh village, Bhatinda (Punjab) and Beniwal - Ch. Sanvat Singh. Each Lumberdar held the control of 5,000 Beeghas of Land out of which 1,000 Beeghas in direct control of him and his peasants (Labours) and 4,000 Beeghas divided among peasant farmer (Muzaras) from whom the headman (Lumberdar) collected land revenue and used to deposit in Bhatner Tehseel (now called Hanumangarh Town) of Bikaner state. Suratgarh was Nizamat (District) of this area in state time. Being the area of Khalsa Zagirs, on the every group of Five Lumberdars or five villages one Zaildar was appointed as the member of District Board (Nizamat) Suratgarh. As natural Jakhad family was in majority, so fore fathers of Ch. Krishan Kumar Jakhad were on this permanent post of Zamindari System of British India as Bikaner State was under indirect control of Britishers.

This all above Zamindari System Came to an end in 1962 AD when Govt. of Rajasthan enforced Land Settlement System and Rules 1955 act. Last structure or team of this Zagirdari System was as-

1. Ch. Hetram [Wiki]Jakhad[/Wiki], zaildar of Dhaban

2. Ch. Shyokaran Jakhad, lumberdar

3. Ch. khyali Jakhad and his son ch. Antram, lumberdar

4. Ch. Maniram [Wiki]Beniwal[/Wiki] s/o Chandu, lumberdar

5. Ch. Birbal Singh [Wiki]Sahu[/Wiki] and ch. Prithvi Raj Sahu s/o ch. Sahiram Singh Sahu

In April 1962 Total charge of Land Revenue System was completely handed over to Patwaris (Revenue) and Irrigation System control under Patwaris (irrigation) at village level.

Small powers like 2 months Imprisonment and small penalties were court powers of Lumberdars because there was a Police Station (Kotwali) and Tax Post (Zaqaat Thana) were in village since Bikaner State times. Both were transferred to Sangaria Mandi after Independence.

In modern era, times changed and with the keen interest of Maharaja Ganga Singh Ji (Bikaner Durbar) the Canal System was Developed. So as a result of which Gang Canal (Bikaner Canal) was built in 1927 in Sri Ganganagar area and later surveyed in 1940-45 from which two Canals from the tail of Sirhind Feeder Canal (TSF Head) are as- Sadul Branch and Karni Singh Branch named after names of son and grandson of Maharaja Ganga Singh Ji because Maharaja paied estimated Expense to the Govt. of British India and finally to United Rajputana in 1946. These Canals started in 1952 and water came in them in year- 1958.

The main Head or Zero Head is situated 5kms. East of Dhaban in area of Haryana State (Previously Punjab before 1966). Both Canals enter in Rajasthan in the area of Dhaban Village so irrigated Land area of Dhaban is on BGP, SNG, RTP, NTW, DNG, HRP and STP minor distributeries from different Head works of Bhakra Irrigation System.

The area of village is Chiefly Agro-based and Main crops are- American Cotton (NARMA), Indian Cotton (KAPAAS), Gwar, Wheat, Mustard, Barley, Millets, Rice (Small Area) Dals –Moth, Moong and Arhar. Tube wells (Tractor driven and Electric Motor driven) are also there. Dhaban was connected to road (Abohar-Sangaria) in 1966 and water works System in 1972. The above work was a result of continuous efforts Ch. Banwarilal Sahu S/O CH. Megha Singh Lumberdar. He was in touch of political leaders in 1960s because of family relatives with Minister Ch. Ram Chandra Kadwasra (Deengarh) and Minister Ch. Kumbha Ram Arya (Fefana). Village was electrified in year 1978. There are twelve Government School in Dhaban from Primary to Sr. Sec. level. Tele communication connection is from Sangaria X-change in 1988.

Many people of village in different fields like Govt. Job, Business, Agro Business, Public and Private Services. At present DHABAN is not only among main Villages of North Rajasthan but also of North India.

This article was added to Jatland Wiki at - [Wiki]Dhaban[/Wiki]

He also sent images of his village which are provided in the gallery of thia article.

This way we can create history of our villages and our clans.

You can be the first to write it !!!

Regards,
    Last edited by lrburdak; October 5th, 2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Laxman Burdak

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

cooljat (October 5th, 2011), jakharanil (October 7th, 2011), JSRana (October 6th, 2011), Maniisha (October 7th, 2011), paulgill (May 28th, 2015), premsukhdidel (October 5th, 2011), sjakhars (October 5th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (October 6th, 2011), thukrela (October 5th, 2011), vijay (August 31st, 2016), vijaykajla1 (October 6th, 2011), vishalsunsunwal (October 6th, 2011), yogeshdahiya007 (August 26th, 2015), ZaildarTejSeng (June 18th, 2014)

I have a confusion
    my clan is Thukrela, we are also called Kakran [it came to my knowledge this very year,my mom told me]

when i look into the clan history section given on jatland i get into a confusion

Thukrela : decedents of balrama
    inhabited chittor around 1046AD,after the attack of mahmuz ghaznavi migrated to nepal and bijnore and ruled there
    my mom tells that our family has shaiji[shahi in hindi, royal] status though my grandfather was just a common farmer
    Rajpur is my village in Bulandshahr district, Western Uttar Pradesh
    my village is a very small one and i dont think is much ancient
    i dont know how and when we came there

Kakran : The Kakrana Jats also had a small principality `Sahanpur' in the District of Bijnor[as did Thukrela]. They were great warriors. In this Sahanpur state, the Kakrana Jats had 14 (Chaudeh) great warriors, and this branch of Kakran clan is known as Chaudehrana. At the time of the Paravonh, statues were made of these warriors and they are worshiped.

I stick myself to Thukrela, because in my whole family and vicinity we refer ourselves as thukrela

the problem lies that Thukrela makes me Yadhuvanshi and Kakran makes me Suryavanshi
    how is it ??

dukhi maat ho choore, hai to jaat ka beez, kah kuch bhi le, proud to be a jat.
    जाट के हाथ के नीचे ताज -९८९९६८६६६१
    साफा बांध ले तुर्हे दार |
    अचकन पहर ले धारी दार |
    पजामा पहर ले चूड़ी दार |
    जूती पहर ले तिल्ले दार |
    तलवार टांग ले चमक दार |
    मूछ राख ले घुंडी दार |

सही कही भाई फौज दार |

THIS FAUJDAR IS ALWAYS ON WAR COZ I AM SINSINWAR

Quote Originally Posted by vishalsunsunwal View Post
    proud to be a jat.
    always! !

Quote Originally Posted by thukrela View Post
    I have a confusion
    my clan is Thukrela, we are also called Kakran [it came to my knowledge this very year,my mom told me] .....I stick myself to Thukrela, because in my whole family and vicinity we refer ourselves as thukrela.... the problem lies that Thukrela makes me Yadhuvanshi and Kakran makes me Suryavanshi
    how is it ??
    Dear Satyajeet, We have gaps in out history of clans. What you can do is to find your Jaga of Thukrela clan. He will provide you history of all generations, their status and their movement. Your parents or elderly people can help to find the Jaga or Bhat.
    Laxman Burdak

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

paulgill (May 28th, 2015), thukrela (November 14th, 2011)

jamna g kja ke pura ptha tha ke lana padega e tai te

Lightbulb

Hari brar dhaban,Rajasthan

Quote Originally Posted by Arsh View Post
    Hari brar dhaban,Rajasthan
    About your village history post no 1 above and for Brar Gotra history wiki gotra page [link
    • Brar (बराड़) ]

are there. When did and from which place ancestors of your family come to settle in this village, you are requested to add yourself here after proper investigation.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; May 28th, 2015 at 09:16 AM.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Arsh (May 29th, 2015)

Every villager orally knows history of his village and clans residing there. What you can do is note it down and put it on Jatland. That will help to reconstruct the Jat history !!!
    Laxman Burdak

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (August 28th, 2015)

Exclamation http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php/32685-You-can-write-history-of-your-clan

sir i want to know how to add a village name in history

i want to tell one village left in history of sheoran gotr..that is situated in uttar pardeah distt- rampur teh- tanda anrd the village name is mewla kalan

16. The Following User Says Thank You to viky1991 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the information. It is being added to Sheoran gotra villages at appropriate place.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Quote Originally Posted by viky1991 View Post
    i want to tell one village left in history of sheoran gotr..that is situated in uttar pardeah distt- rampur teh- tanda anrd the village name is mewla kalan
    See wiki page: click at

http://www.jatland.com/home/Mewala_Kalan and expamd it further if you have more information to add.
    :

Vikrant Ji Tanda is new Tahsil. Tanda was earlier in Suar Tahsil ?. Now the page has been created you can add info in this page. Any other Gotra in the the village and if you have more info about its history,kindly add to the page. Do not hesitate if any mistake. We will correct it.

Laxman Burdak

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

how i can add my village name in my gotar history that is missed there..

Vikrant Ji name of your village Mewala Kalan has been added to all Gotras in the village including Sheoran.
    Laxman Burdak

thank you sir for adding it and in future i am collecting more info about this village i'll update it on the page, but sir still on wiki rampur is mentioned two times separate one village nawadia in milak tehsil and another mewala kalan tanda tehsil ,,please edit it in single district ..thanks again

thank you sir for adding it and in future i am collecting more info about this village i'll update it on the page, but sir still on wiki rampur is mentioned two times separate one village nawadia in milak tehsil and another mewala kalan tanda tehsil ,,please edit it in single district ..thanks again
    You as well as other members who want to supplement more information on any village, gotra, person and so on are welcome to do so. They can either add/delete on wiki pages or they can post here the relevant changes would be made by wiki editors.

Welcome one and all to join update and reconstruct Jat history.

Vikrant Ji your point is not clear. Nawadia is separate village. See
    http://www.jatland.com/home/Nawadia

Do you mean Nawadia is same as Mewala Kalan ?
    Laxman Burdak

mai ye khna chahtu hu sir ki nawadi or mewala kalan dono hi rampur distt mai h but dono alag alag jagh mention kiya hua h mai ye cha rha tha ki jaise or distt mai jitne village h kisi bhi gotar k unko ek hi jagh likha jata h toh fir hmre dono village ko ek hi jagh mention kiya jaye jaise agar koi rampur mai jat village dekhe ya sheoran gotar dekhe to dono village ek sath dikhe...