31. You may not vote on this poll
  • kati nahi.

19 61.29%
  • Jaruri hai

9 29.03%
  • Kona bera

3 9.68%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ghoonghat System imposed on ladies of our Community.

Anyway, it is not my objective to convince - this is something I have observed and formed my opinion on that basis.
    Last edited by urmiladuhan; November 15th, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

Did You realy observed this, then wash out our perceptions by contributing to this thread, but please come out with some understandable facts. as per my own observations I never came across such things and never heard such low profile of Jaats any where in our surroundings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

JSRana (November 15th, 2011)

My dEar mEmbers..... thanks for partcipating in the discussion. Poll results is in favour of "Stopping Ghoonghat" so janta ki demand pai Ghoonghat ko utaar diya jaaye......

Eb mai apni helli kai taala maaroo su.......so stop replying as pulling the thread more would only lead to unhealthy arguments..

Quote Originally Posted by Sure View Post
    Did You realy observed this, then wash out our perceptions by contributing to this thread, but please come out with some understandable facts. as per my own observations I never came across such things and never heard such low profile of Jaats any where in our surroundings
    If one wants to know why a certain cultural practice is followed, then I think one has to remain open to all interpretations and not necessarily only that which one wants to keep. I think, what I have come up with is logical.

Thanks for the logical interpretation Urmila Ji and we all here on JL are open and welcome views from each one. There is nothing like an argument or a clarification we need from each other. There can not be a scientific conclusion or any short of witnessing as proof is required on a social discussion. Discussion should not be an issue or a case of misunderstanding between members. We can just support our views with logical interpretation and interpretation in case of social issues can only be logical when we analyses the situation according to our surroundings and should start from our own family with a question in mind, Can this happen?

Here family interpretation is not an immediate family, family (KUNBA) consist more or less about 100 members from same great great great grandfather.

My apologies to everyone if something diffident and lets take this thread to a conclusion where we can say “NO” to Ghoonghat System.

Veil System.

In most haryana jat homes, a married woman dons a veil even when she is inside her home (as opposed to public place) if elder male members of the family are present. This to me suggests that the veil system among Jats has nothing to do with Muslim rulers as the veil custom is home grown - it is a Jat custom and not necessarily borrowed from Muslim custom.

Please share your views.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rakeshsehrawat For This Useful Post:

Maniisha (November 17th, 2011), neetu21 (November 17th, 2011), VPannu (November 17th, 2011)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VPannu For This Useful Post:

Maniisha (November 17th, 2011)

@all

bhai es helli ke tala maar diya sai.......dusri helli me jaa ke baitho....bhateri thread sukhi padi hai.....do chaar boond un pai bhi ger do

'' घूँघट काढ़े बहुत ही सोहणी या फेर काढ़े काणी ""
    भूषा और भाषा राज के साथ बदलती रहती हैं | घूँघट प्रथा मुसलमानों से प्रचलित हुई फिर आया गोरो का राज तो उनकी भूषा भाषा प्रचलित हुई अब राज हैं दोगलों का तो अब दोगली भूषा और भाषा का प्रचालन हो गया |
    Last edited by raka; December 20th, 2011 at 11:45 AM.
    " जाट हारा नहीं कभी रण में तीर तोप तलवारों से ,
    जाट तो हारा हैं , गद्दारों से दरबारों से
    |"

" इस कौम का ईलाही दुखड़ा किसे सुनाऊ ?
    डर हैं के इसके गम में घुल घुल के न मर जाऊँ || "
    ...........................चौ.छोटूराम ओहल्याण

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raka For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (December 20th, 2011), vijaykajla1 (December 20th, 2011)