Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Corex, Rexcof and other Medicines...Spoiling Country's Future

आजकल तो जाटलैंड पर इतना ज्ञान बाँट रहा है कि संभालना मुश्किल हो रहा है
    नए मेम्बर के आने से लगता है कि या जाटलैंड तो खाम्ह्खा बंजर थी इतने साल ते
    आँख सी तो इभी खुली पुराने मेम्बर की
    बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद्
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sanjeev_balyan For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (November 4th, 2011), cooljat (November 4th, 2011), rohittewatia (November 26th, 2011), sjakhars (November 6th, 2011), vicky84 (November 6th, 2011), VPannu (November 3rd, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by deshi-jat View Post
    डॉ कर्मैन्द्र जी,
    या तो बहोत अच्छी जानकारी दी आपने. आप ज्ञान तै सारा md वाला भी ले रहे सो! मै तै न्यू कहू था अक गंभीर बिमारिया के टीके तै बण लिए/उपलब्ध सै, उनमे तै कुछ सुधार की हे जरूरत रह रही होगी मेरे ख्याल तै तो? सुणा सै कै अमरिका मै कुछ संस्थान सै fda/nih वे जमा बीमारिया का तौड़ पाड़-पाड़ कै सुए/दवाई बणाया करै इलाज के भी आर बचाव के भी.

म्हारे अडै भी इसे ढ़ाळ संस्थान बताये icmr/csir आदि. आपने नै तो जरूर बेरा होगा इसी चीज्या का. मक़ा वे ठाली बैठे कीमे इसी चीज़ बना दे आर 10-20 रुपिया मै बेच दे तो जनता का कीमे भला हो ज्या. ये डाक्टर टीवी पै आ कै कह गे अक बचाव करना चाहिए, इब स्कूल/कोलेज, बस, दफ्तर मै माणस कितना के बचाव कर ले? भाई मै चिकित्सा क्षेत्र का माणस तै सु कौन्या, कदे आप घणे विस्तार मै चले जाओ ना.
    पर भाई ये मौसमी बीमारी बेरा ना कितणे का नुक्सान करती होंगी. माणस नै काम छोड़ना पडै, दुःख पावै, और डाक्टर दवाईया का खर्चा अलग तै.
    most of the setor of developing drugs and vaccines has shifted to private pharma componies because of rapid and very effetive way of production...
    govt only offers contract to these comp...nd there is no harm in it because govt is getting very effective drugs at reasonable cost(bcoz of copmetition in pharma comp)...

our main defence is our immunity krishan ji....wt drugs do?..they never act directly ..these drugs modify our immunity for in a specific way for specific diseaes..so, ultimately its our immunity that fights not drug..

so ,i just want to say krishan ji..dont depend on drugs even for minor illness..

improve nd strenthen ur immunity in a natural way like..improve ur life style ,improve ur food habits,improve ur environment,exercise daily, nd be up to date in health nd fitness updates...

i think this much effort only can make u immune to many common diseases that u were mentioning
    Last edited by drkarminder; November 2nd, 2011 at 11:15 PM.
    We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (November 2nd, 2011), singhvp (November 3rd, 2011)

Sanjeev,
    Whom are you considering new?? I am pretty sure you are pointing towards me. तू भी कहले भाई. आपा कै किम्मे ना फर्क पड़ता.:boxing
    I am sooooo glad that new, educated, courteous members are joining JL!!!
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

@Krishan Ji....your point make sense, but what would we do if the victim is someone from our herd? All we can do is put efforts.Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rajninarwal View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I want to bring it to your notice which I feel is a serious issue..

Corex and Rexcof are cough syrups, Strictly prohibited to sell without a doctor's prescription.
    Its harmful if one is addicted to it.It has a lot of impact on health.
    Almost at every chemist shop, they are selling it without a prescription.
    My observation says almost 40% youngsters are consuming it and are addicted to it in India. They are our future and obviously ruining their lives.
    Not only corex, there are other medicines as well which I don't know the name of.
    These syrups are easily available at 10-30 Rs. more than the printed rate.
    I have observed it in Rohtak and New Delhi..Uttam Nagar and Dwarka area.
    Though I have informed the Media and the Police both but could not see any results till date.
    Anyone of you can go and try to buy them from any chemist shop without any prescription.
    If we Jaats, who are considered to be the volunteers in bringing changes in society , can do something...
    I believe if we would not take this issue seriously today, tomorrow someone from our herd can be a victim...
    Thanks Rajni ji

Rajni, try to convince the person that it is harmful and encourage him/her to quit. If he/she is determined to do so, it won’t be so difficult. There will be cravings and withdrawal symptoms depending on the level of addiction. Going cold turkey is not good if symptoms are severe. Discuss with your family physician who can prescribe some medication therapy, if needed.

@Krishan Ji....your point make sense, but what would we do if the victim is someone from our herd? All we can do is put efforts.Correct me if I am wrong.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

singhvp (November 4th, 2011)

Rajni, try to convince the person that it is harmful and encourage him/her to quit. If he/she is determined to do so, it won’t be so difficult. There will be cravings and withdrawal symptoms depending on the level of addiction. Going cold turkey is not good if symptoms are severe. Discuss with your family physician who can prescribe some medication therapy, if needed.
    Deshi, Rajni,

A full addict is very hard to convince. I had tried my wit to the maximum with one of my relative who was a scene in all rave partys in and around NCR and then Himachal. His car used to be full with Corex cartons.He had wanted to quit but less than the parents and relatives. He deceieved every emotional and supportive advice.No family physician or other psychology worked. Addiction's psychology is far stronger than supportive and emotional psychology. Finally we had to book him in de-addiction centre. They came in disguise of paintors and took him. There he was de-toxicated top to bottom. When I had used to visit him, he would scream and cry his soul out for these codience based cough syrups.When I hadn't listened to his pleas he cut himself in face and head which cuased more than 40 stictes all over. But at the end we didnt take him out unless he was on knees and call it a day for drugs. There is no way one can escape from these de-addiction centers. Like nightclubs they ve bouncers. Nothing works except quitting. He ulitmately got rid of all the addictions in that center and now is leaving normal life but still he drinks which is okay I think.

Main point I learned from his story is that his mother was too protective that she never saw it coming this big way unless police came one day and took him for various cases. He became a Khalifa at 16. Celebrated his 16th Birthday in Juvenile home. It is such an irony that his mother learnt it a bit late but I guess at the right time for her younger son who because of strict parenting is now studying for Aeronautical engieneering. So its parenthood which must be utternly rational for their teenagers children. It is rightesous parenting which matters more than just parenting in this corrupt time of age.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

cooljat (November 29th, 2011), deshi-jat (November 5th, 2011), sjakhars (November 6th, 2011)

Pleasure is all mine Aman Ji. Please do contribute your valuable suggestions..
    Last edited by rajninarwal; November 4th, 2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: typo

@Krishan Ji...that would be in vain even if you try to convince the addict . He/she would say yes to everything then but later would not apply even a bit of it. Though if it's an addiction of 2-3 years people can quit with strong determination, but those who are slaves to these drugs can't even if they are willing to quit, I have observed. What I believe sending addicts to Rehabilitation centers can be a solution.Don't you think so

Samar Ji, a full addict is actually very hard to convince. Even in my opinion rehabilitation centers can only help.
    Though no parent would want to see their kids in this hell, but when these addicts are questioned by psychiatrist, they held families responsible for their conditions someway or the other.
    What you suggest parents should treat teenagers like?

Do you mean it is not safe to use clove in food (rice pulav, etc.) or chewing couple of clove buds in case of toothache?

Clove seems safe for most people when taken in food amounts, but not enough is known about the safety of taking clove by mouth in larger medicinal amounts.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...tural/251.html

16. The Following User Says Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (November 5th, 2011)

Urmila ji,
    Is it advisable to use or one should avoid it?

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    Clove seems safe for most people when taken in food amounts, but not enough is known about the safety of taking clove by mouth in larger medicinal amounts.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...tural/251.html

Urmila ji,
    Is it advisable to use or one should avoid it?
    I would take it in food (pulao etc)

Thanks, that all I need to know.

I would take it in food (pulao etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    So its parenthood which must be utternly rational for their teenagers children. It is rightesous parenting which matters more than just parenting in this corrupt time of age.
    Samar, please start a new thread, if possible, on parenting. I think lots of people would benefit from it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (November 6th, 2011)

Samar Ji, a full addict is actually very hard to convince. Even in my opinion rehabilitation centers can only help.
    Though no parent would want to see their kids in this hell, but when these addicts are questioned by psychiatrist, they held families responsible for their conditions someway or the other.
    What you suggest parents should treat teenagers like?
    Treating children as their children not friends. In my opinion treating them as friend hardly works. For that matter they already ve friends. They need and want parents not friends in form of parents. A strong masculine inspirational ideal is very much necessary in every home irrespective of education/societal status of family.

If Psychiatrist is holding a family responsible for teenager's addiction then its true and let it hurt if it so. At last parents need to know their parenting's flaws.Nothing wrong with it.

Samar, please start a new thread, if possible, on parenting. I think lots of people would benefit from it.
    Urmila Ji,

Although I am not a father but whatever little I understood is because of observation around. Starting a thread on parenthood is a nice idea. But since you are the superstar of Jatland and whatever idea/topic you touches it becomes immensely acknowledged and popular. My most threads wither on first page. It would be better if you start it and put your own observation and questions and let this on-air benefit for fellow readers.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; November 6th, 2011 at 02:38 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

cooljat (November 29th, 2011), deshi-jat (November 6th, 2011), sjakhars (November 6th, 2011)

Urmila Ji,

Although I am not a father but whatever little I understood is because of observation around. Starting a thread on parenthood is a nice idea. But since you are the superstar of Jatland and whatever idea/topic you touches it becomes immensely acknowledged and popular. My most threads wither on first page. It would be better if you start it and put your own observation and questions and let this on-air benefit for fellow readers.

I am the so called "superstar" because I am the punching bag of JL!

O.K, I have experience with children, and I think, on that basis, I can start a thread on parenting.

Samarjee, in my experience, one need not be a parent to be an effective parent. For example, in a joint family system, that many Jats follow, young children are parented by the entire family - not necessarily by the biological parents.
    Last edited by urmiladuhan; November 6th, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (November 6th, 2011)

A strong masculine inspirational ideal is very much necessary in every home irrespective of education/societal status of family.

any good reason, why, masculine?

any good reason, why, masculine?
    Any good/bad reason, Why not masculine?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

cooljat (November 29th, 2011)

Any good/bad reason, Why not masculine?
    I'm not against it!

I think, I wanted a clarification (if possible) on the choice of specific gender (here masculine) for good parenting.