Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Corex, Rexcof and other Medicines...Spoiling Country's Future

Exclamation Corex, Rexcof and other Medicines...Spoiling Country's Future

Hello Everyone,

I want to bring it to your notice which I feel is a serious issue..

Corex and Rexcof are cough syrups, Strictly prohibited to sell without a doctor's prescription.
    Its harmful if one is addicted to it.It has a lot of impact on health.
    Almost at every chemist shop, they are selling it without a prescription.
    My observation says almost 40% youngsters are consuming it and are addicted to it in India. They are our future and obviously ruining their lives.
    Not only corex, there are other medicines as well which I don't know the name of.
    These syrups are easily available at 10-30 Rs. more than the printed rate.
    I have observed it in Rohtak and New Delhi..Uttam Nagar and Dwarka area.
    Though I have informed the Media and the Police both but could not see any results till date.
    Anyone of you can go and try to buy them from any chemist shop without any prescription.
    If we Jaats, who are considered to be the volunteers in bringing changes in society , can do something...
    I believe if we would not take this issue seriously today, tomorrow someone from our herd can be a victim...

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rajninarwal For This Useful Post:

amankadian (November 3rd, 2011), jakharanil (November 2nd, 2011), JSRana (November 2nd, 2011), Moar (November 27th, 2011), preetikhatri (November 1st, 2011), ravinderjeet (November 1st, 2011), singhvp (November 2nd, 2011), soniadabas (November 6th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (November 1st, 2011), vijaykajla1 (November 2nd, 2011)

leave prescription aside..........

der are many medicines which are banned outside but are still in use in india........

and on wat data r u saying tat 40 % of youngsters are addicted to dem?

Quote Originally Posted by rajninarwal View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I want to bring it to your notice which I feel is a serious issue..

Corex and Rexcof are cough syrups, Strictly prohibited to sell without a doctor's prescription.
    Its harmful if one is addicted to it.It has a lot of impact on health.
    Almost at every chemist shop, they are selling it without a prescription.
    My observation says almost 40% youngsters are consuming it and are addicted to it in India. They are our future and obviously ruining their lives.
    Not only corex, there are other medicines as well which I don't know the name of.
    These syrups are easily available at 10-30 Rs. more than the printed rate.
    I have observed it in Rohtak and New Delhi..Uttam Nagar and Dwarka area.
    Though I have informed the Media and the Police both but could not see any results till date.
    Anyone of you can go and try to buy them from any chemist shop without any prescription.
    If we Jaats, who are considered to be the volunteers in bringing changes in society , can do something...
    I believe if we would not take this issue seriously today, tomorrow someone from our herd can be a victim...
    corex and rexcof nd also other cough syrups hv a basic drug CODEINE..which is used as opioids analgesics...AND "ANTITUSSIVE(COUGH RELIEVER)..as it depress d activity of area of brain that induces cough

this drug is synthetic and is similar to MORPHIN bt hv less side effects than morphin if used as cough reliever..
    but it has d same addiction potentail as MORPHIN...it gives d same "euphoric effect as morphin.." nd has less withdrawl sypmtoms than morphin..

thats y ppl become addicted to it nd it can be purchased eazly from medical shops..u cant purchase any product that contain codeine as basic drug without prescription..

WHITENER DILUTER is also product of abuse nd i hv noticed many young boys in delhi purchasing nd inhaling it ..
    police should be reported of such medical shop owners nd action should be taken against them..
    Last edited by drkarminder; November 2nd, 2011 at 12:07 AM.
    We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

rajninarwal (November 2nd, 2011), singhvp (November 2nd, 2011), sukhbirhooda (February 5th, 2013)

bhai kehte ho te isse saste sode ki list chapu??????????

benedril cough syrup (soon mein mazza aaja se ek bottal pi ke )
    diluter

thinner
    ladkiyo walla nail polish remover

old spice aftershave

iodex

petrol

spirit

nira soda se..........

karan aala kare e ga.........
    kime kar lo pher..........
    upper likhi od chiz te mne apni aakha te dekhi se use karte hue.......

40% is my observation Sumit Ji. I may be wrong as well. Please do correct me if I am wrong. Is there any way thinner, Iodex, Petrol, Spirit, Aftershave,cough syrups and other drugs can be banned in country without prescriptions?
    Is there anything comes in your mind to bann those drugs which are banned outside but are in use in India?
    What you suggest?
    Last edited by rajninarwal; November 2nd, 2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Font

@Karminder Ji....I know a lot of youngsters who are consuming these drugs.I will give some examples here. We would come to know, how these drugs are affecting country, society, youngsters and lives.
    I know a fellow who is an addict to Corex and Rexcof. Its been more than 7 years now. As per him he is consuming 6-7 bottles a day. If by any chance he doesn't get to have it, he feels like sleeping the entire day. His hands tremble. He hurts himself and weeps a lot. Feel like committing suicide. There were a few unsuccessful attempts. He says that there is a guilt over me of being a thief at my own house at times.He is an highly educated guy but due to this addiction can't do a job. Is married and has kids.In all life for him and his family is hell. He is been sent to a rehabilitation center.
    Give your suggestion on how can we help such youngsters to get rid of this hell..Would they be able to live a normal life ever?

i think 40 % is a verh high no........

as i just passed out of college,based on mu exp i will say tat 40 % of youth is addicted to one thing or other......nt only on dis......

some of my frns used to drinkbenadryl to hav a gud sleep..........

in my coll when v entered i saw tat only 10-15 % people used to smoke n drink and after 4 yrs,onlt 5-10 % wer those who didnt used to drink n smoke..........

i think it cant be banned bcoz cough is a very common thing n going to doctor for a prescription is nt a gud idea . u can find many people who goes to a chemist and takes medicine from him only by telling der problems.doctor is taken as a last resort.

Rajni,

Ban has its significance until there is ban on production which further is completely in government's hand. These substances are abused and misused along with used medically. It is universal. You can witness that in every society. Substances abuse,if seen, from unbiased angel is a human need somehow though unjustifiable. Life is not fair at this planet and certain unpleasant situations make people take a refugee in such stuff. It is more of a socio-psychological issue than addiction. Youngster and teens catches and copy this more frequently from various inspirations. What can government do instead of banning is to set up small centers at every hospital where under medical supervision these weeds,drugs etc can be given. That may work on the basis of awareness. Otherwise how hard one may try to eradicate such issues,sadly, can't be eradicated,nevertheless, parents need to be vigilant and cognizant about their young children's inspirations and activities. In a way, parenthood and friend circle could be really helpful. Further, suppressing is not the solution but itself is a problem because it might increase the craving many folds and a substance abuser might travels miles to get it by any means.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (November 4th, 2011), cooljat (November 2nd, 2011), deshi-jat (November 2nd, 2011), JSRana (November 2nd, 2011), Moar (November 27th, 2011), neetu21 (November 2nd, 2011), ravinderjeet (November 2nd, 2011), sukhbirhooda (February 5th, 2013)

as u gave an example i will give u one too.......

one of my frnd used to smoke.in the beginning i tried my best to make him quit smoking n i will say i tried to my extreme level.but the end result was that he had a fight wid me over some other issue nd v separated our paths.but as v wer in hostel together,i saw him move over to weeds,hashish, diluter etc. he was a intelligent student but end result was that he got one yr back after failing exams,den one yr suspension in drug case(was nt even permitted to stay in hostel during exam time,and v had hostel compulsory ) den at last he quitted studies while he was in 3rd yr,though he was in coll for 5 yrs.he was from a rich family n exactly at same time he got 50 lakh cash as his share after partition and rest was wid her mom.he stopped taking calls from other frns in coll,went out of touch from everyone.last i hrd was that he was in bombay wid one of my other frnd who was expelled from coll over drug case only nd he went for modelling n shoots etc.(he is a fox n i wont deny the fact that he might use all his money as a ladder to be sucessful in becoming an actor(he acted in a few serials ))

and u can guess where his life will end.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dahiyarocks For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (November 4th, 2011), ravinderjeet (November 2nd, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    What can government do instead of banning is to set up small centers at every hospital where under medical supervision these weeds,drugs etc can be given.

how will it help?

people tries to keep these things upto themselves.they wont come in open and say they are addicted.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dahiyarocks For This Useful Post:

rajninarwal (November 2nd, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarocks View Post
    how will it help?

people tries to keep these things upto themselves.they wont come in open and say they are addicted.
    Along with an addiction it is a social taboo and stigma as well. Larger section of society spot out addicts and it let them compel to do it in secrecy. When there is no secrecy and its legal, there are chances that some might get relaxed psychologically that they are accepted. It is like a spring, you press it more it bounces more.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

if its legal,den dont u think more people might get attracted towards it?????

and as u only sid that der are CHANCES,no gurantee,

i will say this action will be win-loss situation and win probabilty is very less........

Ban lagaye te kalabajaari karen allya ki or faltu mauj ho jagi!

@Sumit...Cough syrups are strictly prohibited to sell without a prescription. I have seen it printed on bottles. I believe it's not legal to sell without a prescription.

@Sumit...Cough syrups are strictly prohibited to sell without a prescription. I have seen it printed on bottles. I believe it's not legal to sell without a prescription.
    yr doctor bhi kya karega??????

uske pass ja ke thoda khas do......

likh dega parchi pe.............

its a very common disease..........

@Samar...They are not isolated people. If I talk about cough syrups, if the addiction is of 3 or 4 years we would not even be able to recognize an addict I have observed. The victims are in Jobs. They are married. Have kids. They do have friends in initial years of their addiction. But once they are a slave to it, they thyself stop meeting people. It's not that society doesn't accept them.

Addicts of cough syrups consume 7-10 bottles a day. Even if you visit a doctor and pretend to have cough, a doctor would never suggest 7-10 bottles.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rajninarwal For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (November 4th, 2011)

[QUOTE=rajninarwal;284444]
    can do something...
    QUOTE]

Sure we can. The first thing that came to my mind is to spread this awareness, as you have done. Secondly, we must discourage pharmacophilia (love of medicine) in our homes - this is bound to benefit us and through us all those people who hear and see us practice. I firmly believe that prevention of a medical problem is better than curing it. I give my personal example - I do lot of gargling with boiled salted water as a means of preventing coughs rather than having to take antibiotics later. I would say, it is working out well more or less.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;284568]
    can do something...
    QUOTE]

Sure we can. The first thing that came to my mind is to spread this awareness, as you have done. Secondly, we must discourage pharmacophilia (love of medicine) in our homes - this is bound to benefit us and through us all those people who hear and see us practice. I firmly believe that prevention of a medical problem is better than curing it. I give my personal example - I do lot of gargling with boiled salted water as a means of preventing coughs rather than having to take antibiotics later. I would say, it is working out well more or less.
    I think most infections can be prevented by keeping good hygiene such as:
    wash hands often, avoid touching your face as much as possible, avoid crowds etc. The dependence on medicine can thus be much reduced.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

mee to chahta hu ki tekha pr daru ki botal b dr. ki likhawat bina nhi milni chaye...
    jai hind
    Thanks & Regards,

Anil Jakhar
    jakhar.anilk@gmail.com
    +91 93143 91300
    Birodi badi \ Nawal garh, Fatehpur Shekhawati, Rajasthan, India

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakharanil For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (November 4th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (February 5th, 2013)