Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Corex, Rexcof and other Medicines...Spoiling Country's Future

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    I'm not against it!

I think, I wanted a clarification (if possible) on the choice of specific gender (here masculine) for good parenting.
    Aaha!

Clarification again is not the correct word. Lady, allow me to elaborate a bit of Ying -Yang.

Since the immemorial time on this planet earth with the onset of appearance of humanoids, it was man who used to hunt and woman used to gather for the survival of their species and genes. If we look at the whole nature, motherhood is very common and prevalent. It is the fatherhood which is unique with us. No other species ve an example of fatherhood. There may be exceptions but that is the matter of academics.

This hunt and gathering is on in various disguises and would be on unless the last humanoid on the earth. Hunting here denotes leading. A man is a natural leader and thaty he become a source of inspiration by default. Where as feminine virtues are of creating, nurturing and complimenting. A woman by nature is considered more on emotional side while dealing with her kids where as a man along with being emotional has a logical faculty as well. It doesn't mean that a woman doesn't ve a logical faculty. Here it is on majority basis. Both ve both but in different doses. There is comfort with mother but there is learning and growth with father however unpleasant most of the time. If you observe usually one understands this dichotomy mostly after 25 years of age, however not always.

A masculine ideal with his strict rational abilities would help children's mother raising them in a flawless way. Since this teenage is quite a confused time. One can easily get carried away with many diversions ahead. Its needs a clear cut guidance and training to be a better hunter/gatherer in their life. Comfort of mother can't work here completely. Teenagers are needed to be saved from themselves first. A strong masculine ideal is the right subject for the harmony and happiness of the family.

A lot can be said about it. I am cutting it short here with no intention to write further.

Its a request that don't make it as man/woman stuff. Both are same and different like the day and night ve 12 hours each with different amount of sunlight.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; November 6th, 2011 at 05:25 PM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

cooljat (November 29th, 2011), ravinderjeet (November 7th, 2011), rohittewatia (November 26th, 2011), sjakhars (November 6th, 2011), soniadabas (November 29th, 2011)

Its a very good attempt..But I wish, If we could actually do something about it ..Its a good suggestion ,If some volunteers could come forward n spread awareness in schools and colleges about Drug Abuse..Discussion would only be fruitful,if people take it as a serious issue.I am more then willing, to be a part of such awareness campaign.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to soniadabas For This Useful Post:

rajninarwal (November 7th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Aaha!

Clarification again is not the correct word. Lady, allow me to elaborate a bit of Ying -Yang.

Since the immemorial time on this planet earth with the onset of appearance of humanoids, it was man who used to hunt and woman used to gather for the survival of their species and genes. If we look at the whole nature, motherhood is very common and prevalent. It is the fatherhood which is unique with us. No other species ve an example of fatherhood. There may be exceptions but that is the matter of academics.

This hunt and gathering is on in various disguises and would be on unless the last humanoid on the earth. Hunting here denotes leading. A man is a natural leader and thaty he become a source of inspiration by default. Where as feminine virtues are of creating, nurturing and complimenting. A woman by nature is considered more on emotional side while dealing with her kids where as a man along with being emotional has a logical faculty as well. It doesn't mean that a woman doesn't ve a logical faculty. Here it is on majority basis. Both ve both but in different doses. There is comfort with mother but there is learning and growth with father however unpleasant most of the time. If you observe usually one understands this dichotomy mostly after 25 years of age, however not always.

A masculine ideal with his strict rational abilities would help children's mother raising them in a flawless way. Since this teenage is quite a confused time. One can easily get carried away with many diversions ahead. Its needs a clear cut guidance and training to be a better hunter/gatherer in their life. Comfort of mother can't work here completely. Teenagers are needed to be saved from themselves first. A strong masculine ideal is the right subject for the harmony and happiness of the family.

A lot can be said about it. I am cutting it short here with no intention to write further.

Its a request that don't make it as man/woman stuff. Both are same and different like the day and night ve 12 hours each with different amount of sunlight.
    Women can be better task masters than many men I know. I get kids to become disciplined and performance oriented without using a heavy hand. But the boundaries are made very clear to them. I also think kids learn from 'seeing' better than from being 'told' i.e., their parent (whether man/woman) being the example to follow.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (November 6th, 2011), rajninarwal (November 7th, 2011)

Physical panishment should be avoided I guess. Some kids are asked to "clean their mouth with soap" if they hear and repeat some bad word. Just as an example of sophisticated physical punishment.

Women can be better task masters than many men I know. I get kids to become disciplined and performance oriented without using a heavy hand. But the boundaries are made very clear to them. I also think kids learn from 'seeing' better than from being 'told' i.e., their parent (whether man/woman) being the example to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by deshi-jat View Post
    Some kids are asked to "clean their mouth with soap" if they hear and repeat some bad word.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! ya teh aaj a sunee

Treating children as their children not friends. In my opinion treating them as friend hardly works. For that matter they already ve friends. They need and want parents not friends in form of parents. A strong masculine inspirational ideal is very much necessary in every home irrespective of education/societal status of family.

When people say treat children as friends, they don't mean it literally - like getting onto backslapping terms with them. That is shown in movies and is far from reality. What it means is that the child should have enough confidence to share things in his/her life with you. That is the only way you are going to know what is happening in the child's life. If a child is hell-bent on hiding things from you, rest assured you won't get to know anything unless you put him/her behind 7 locks.

Unfortunately, just to comfort themselves, most parents create this make-believe world where they are tough task masters and their son/daughter is fully disciplined. These tough parents try their best not to get any "bad news" about their child and if it still comes to them, the fault lies with someone/something else and not their own approach.

Urban world is in such a flux that even with ideal parenthood, unfortunate things can happen as you can't control the environment & external factors beyond a certain point. The best one can aim for is a relationship where the child atleast feels comfortable to share his anxieties with the parent rather than getting parents off his/her back.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

rajninarwal (November 7th, 2011), ravinderjeet (November 7th, 2011), singhvp (November 7th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (November 8th, 2011), vicky84 (November 7th, 2011), vijay (November 28th, 2011), vijaykajla1 (November 7th, 2011)

Treating children as their children not friends. In my opinion treating them as friend hardly works. For that matter they already ve friends. They need and want parents not friends in form of parents. A strong masculine inspirational ideal is very much necessary in every home irrespective of education/societal status of family.
    Sam,

By strong masculine, you mean father/Grand father only? Why not mother/grandmother?

You mean a woman cannot be ideal for children. Or you forgot to mention that part.
    Last edited by vicky84; November 7th, 2011 at 06:28 AM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (November 7th, 2011), singhvp (November 7th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (November 8th, 2011), urmiladuhan (November 7th, 2011)

भाई अतिस, मेरे ख्याल तै एक कोए सा पेरैंट तो माड़ा सोफ्ट बि होणा चाहिए. दोंयु जमा सख्त, फेर तै बाळक हरदम घिग्गी बंधी रैह गी

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    Sam,

By strong masculine, you mean father/Grand father only? Why not mother/grandmother?

You mean a woman cannot be ideal for children. Or you forgot to mention that part.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

cooljat (November 29th, 2011), kapdal (November 7th, 2011), singhvp (November 7th, 2011), vicky84 (November 7th, 2011), vijaykajla1 (November 7th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by kapdal View Post
    Urban world is in such a flux that even with ideal parenthood, unfortunate things can happen as you can't control the environment & external factors beyond a certain point. The best one can aim for is a relationship where the child atleast feels comfortable to share his anxieties with the parent rather than getting parents off his/her back.
    Absolutely right. After a certain age, children tend to be driven more by external factors rather than the parental counselling. The best scenario is where parents and children are comfortable to discuss everything on the planet earth, leaving only few exceptions out of agenda. Win them over by being friendly with them and not by becoming harsh task masters, which is a typically conservative Indian approach.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

kapdal (November 7th, 2011), rajninarwal (November 7th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (November 8th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by deshi-jat View Post
    भाई अतिस, मेरे ख्याल तै एक कोए सा पेरैंट तो माड़ा सोफ्ट बि होणा चाहिए. दोंयु जमा सख्त, फेर तै बाळक हरदम घिग्गी बंधी रैह गी
    sahi kahi bhai..wa tai balak ki kismat sai...Baaki munnai Sam aali wa post nahi padhi..Sam ke according maa emotional jayada ho sai arr logic arr practical kam sain(Lekin saari nahi)..ibb munnai to research kari nahi ispai..Lekin jai babu dheela ho to maa uski poorti kar sakai sai..Baaki aajkal lugayi pacche koni reh ri..kayi fields mai barabar ki takkar de ri sai arr kitte kitte badh bhi.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

kapdal (November 7th, 2011), singhvp (November 7th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (November 8th, 2011)

Very rightly said Kapil Ji.Parents in India, really need to change their approach when it comes to their children. I feel if parents and children are comfortable to discuss everything on a friendly note, the probability of teenagers being addict of some drug or the other would definitely minimize. Prevention is better then cure.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to rajninarwal For This Useful Post:

kapdal (November 7th, 2011)

Indeed a valuable suggestion Sonia Ji.Thanks a ton.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rajninarwal For This Useful Post:

soniadabas (November 7th, 2011)

Krishan ji...It's not about taking interest. It's about sharing what we know about a particular thing.The issue which I have raised is a serious issue and as I said before tomorrow the addict can be someone from our herd too. So prevention is better then cure.I did not share a joke here that people are taking interest in it. All participants of this thread are concerned and worried about this issue and that is why they are sharing there valuable views and suggestions.My heartiest thanks to everyone...
    I have got to know which I have started this thread for. I have the experts advice with me now and that is more than helpful.You kindly relax now.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rajninarwal For This Useful Post:

soniadabas (November 7th, 2011)

Aaha!

Samar jee, I think you have been educated in Europe of this century. However, your views are more in line with the past rather than the present/future trend.

Samar jee, I think you have been educated in Europe of this century. However, your views are more in line with the past rather than the present/future trend.
    Urmila Ji,

Education has least to do with the views, at-least in my case. My views on parenthood, as I opined in previous posts, are unrelated with education. But yes, certain things change and certain things do not change with education and time. My views could be more backward but I wrote what I 've observed and I, unapologeticaly, stand with them irrespective of what others may think of it. However, you may tell readers about the future trends.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; November 7th, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

cooljat (November 29th, 2011), soniadabas (November 29th, 2011)

Urmila Ji,

However, you may tell readers about the future trends.

Let me try -

For one :

Children would need to be convinced by the parents rather being "told" what to do.

second: Corporal punishment would not be tolerated AT ALL! So the parent to whom the children would listen would be the one who is able to convince them (i.e., is more educated or world saavy) and not on the basis of their gender.
    Last edited by urmiladuhan; November 7th, 2011 at 01:01 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

rajninarwal (November 7th, 2011)

Very well said.I feel the same way Urmila Ji.

One should do some efforts so that the KIDS believes you instead of obeying you.
    Gender may have its own advantage ( or disadvantage ) but that hardly matters if the kid believes you.
    Last edited by vijay; November 28th, 2011 at 10:29 PM.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

JSRana (November 29th, 2011), soniadabas (November 29th, 2011)

hello evryone
    corex and roxcof are harmful without doctors priscription. for some type of patients this is the only drug of choice.
    we should acknowledge the jhola chaap matter and unregistered medical stores.
    they are the spoilers else evrythng is normal.
    we r the buyers and we r the rule brakers and we have complaints too.
    we can only talk, argue bt we r not initiating steps to lighten in community and aware peoples about wt we are facing surroundings.....