Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is knowing English is a must to get good life and career ?

हिंदी में -- आंगल्देश कहया करें |
    उर्दू में ----- इंगलिस्तान कहया करें |
    विदेश ने उर्दू में विलायत कहया करें |
    हरयाणवी में बीलात कहया करें |
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ravinderjeet For This Useful Post:

ndalal (April 14th, 2012), vishalsunsunwal (November 19th, 2011)

Guys,
    It’s perfectly fine to have sentiments towards our mother tongue. But be sensible & not emotional. We can’t overlook the bitter truth.
    You take any competitive exam Bank PO, Defense, PSU’s, CAT, MAT etc. It could take 2 min to solve 10 angrejji questions, with good accuracy. Whereas 15 min to solve 10 quant/math questions. Sadly the weightage is same for every question. Ultimately, who scores better? An average metro/tier-I city graduate and not rural/tier-3 city topper.
    Next, during group discussions, our guy might be having excellent points to put forward. But he tend to loose on time & confidence while putting words in orderly sequence, and forming sentences in mind. So, who steals the limelight again? And who ultimately gets selected?
    It’s a dog eating dog world. So, when in Rome do as the Romans do. Learn from your past mistakes.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

cooljat (November 19th, 2011), deependra (November 21st, 2011), ndalal (April 14th, 2012), preetikhatri (November 19th, 2011), Prikshit (November 21st, 2011), rohittewatia (November 20th, 2011), rsdalal (May 11th, 2012), sunillathwal (November 19th, 2011), vikda (December 27th, 2011)

भाषा का ज्ञान तो जितना अधिक हो उतना ही उचित है पर भाषा के आधार पैर ही आप सफल हो पाएँगे यह उचित नहीं है ! मुझे अंग्रेजी का न्यूनतम ज्ञान है फिर भी सम्मानित पद पर कार्यरत हूँ क्यूकी इससे मेने अपनी कमजोरी नहीं माना! जब मेने इस नौकरी में पदार्पण किया तो मात्र लिपिक का पद था और कोई अनुभव या विशेष ज्ञान की आवशयकता नहीं थी पर धीरे -२ अपनी मेहनत से आगे बढ़ा और अब ऐसे जगह पर हूँ की जिसे जरुरत होती है वो वैसे बात करता है जैसे मुझे पसंद है !
    WORD IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I M POSSIBLE.

Apologising dosent mean that U are wrong & the other is right.....It only means that U value the relationship much more than ur ego.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to skarmveer For This Useful Post:

Dagar25 (November 19th, 2011), deependra (March 2nd, 2013), deshi-jat (November 20th, 2011), Prikshit (November 21st, 2011), ravinderjeet (November 19th, 2011), rsdalal (May 11th, 2012), vishalsunsunwal (November 19th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar25 View Post
    ...Why are we slave of English? ...after independence, i think It was officially announced that Hindi would replace English but Britishers have sown its seeds so deeply that it could not be done so easily. Hence it was decided that hindi would be introduced gradually but I think our government is so slow that 64 years have passed but till now no one is able to study in hindi till graduation. No country except some poor like India give importance to English........Take example of China, Korea and Japan....where no one learnsenglish like Indians who treat english speakers highly qualified.

We all are slave of English and we can free ourselves from this only when ourCountry become independent. I think Service sector contributes around 60 percent to GDP and major portion of service sector includeIT & BPO for which we depend on other countries.Government is boasting of developmet but the innocent ppl of india dont know at what cost the currentdevelopment is happening? Government takes too much debt from outside for development. Also the black money of indians(what is deposisted into Swiss banks etc.) gets into country again by way of FDI. It is a good development and we are on right track of becomingself-sufficient.I think there is no escape from slavery of English. This would remain in our country forever.
    Dear Dagar bhai,

I disagree to first half of your post. And very much agree & would like to add further to second half of your post.

Non English speaking developed countries (France, Germany, Korea, Japan etc) & developing one’s say Israel, have created a niche in their respective industry segments. Technologically far more superior, backed by excellent R& D, product innovation. They can afford to sideline English in their country. But do you think they’ll prefer to export their products to the world with their native language lables, instruction manuals, product catalogues, and markings on their machines/equipment?

You take Science & technology books, terminologies what language are they written in? Can you image how painful it becomes for a student who has studied mathematics & science in Hindi medium in 10th, and has to switch to English medium? As he has to give post 12th competitive exams for Medical, engineering, where the medium of instruction is English. Can you imagine text books for medical studies , anatomy, botany , pharmacy in Hindi medium? Has Indian government ever tried to convert this vast available knowledge Hindi medium?

Such changes can’t happen overnight, and with the pace of our govt functioning, I don’t think it could ever happen.

Countries like China, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam etc are posing real threats to our service industry as these guys have understood how far they can go & grow, if they also start teaching their kids English right from the basic elementary level.

I’m sorry to feel lucky that we were ruled by Britishers & they’ve given us this gift of English and we’re leveraging this now. And the basic infrastructure as Railways, Roads, postal network, Defense establishments & training. Basic framework to form our own constitution, law & enforcement. Had we been a French colony (like African countries). We wouldn’t have had this competitive advantage, which we have now. We guys would have been like any other African, Arab world country struggling to strive for our existence.

…..
    India, Globally is more known because of it’s service industry (IT, ITES, BPO, KPO, Medical tourism etc).Majority of new jobs gets generated in these sectors only. And service offerings to what countries? Majorly US, European and other English speaking countries. And English is a global language. Can we really afford to sideline English? Sustain this competitive advantage?

How many Indian companies do we know, are making into top 5 in their respective industry segments, globally??

Un till & unless we make a shift towards product industry, driven by R&D, technology, we can’t get close to Japan, Germany etc. and enjoy being yet another non English speaking country. Yet powerful & game changing for the global economy.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

cooljat (November 19th, 2011), sunillathwal (November 19th, 2011)

Dear Brother Satinder,

Neither I am saying about sidelining English nor about stopping learning or using english. Learning a foreign language is not bad but ignoring our national language is an issue which should be highlighted. I just told the reasons why this foreign language got so popularity and made all of us indians slave of it. I think you have misunderstood the point I am conveying here.

I would like to comment on your quote

"I’m sorry to feel lucky that we were ruled by Britishers & they’ve given us this gift of English and we’re leveraging this now. And the basic infrastructure as Railways, Roads, postal network, Defense establishments & training. Basic framework to form our own constitution, law & enforcement. Had we been a French colony (like African countries). We wouldn’t have had this competitive advantage, which we have now. We guys would have been like any other African, Arab world country struggling to strive for our existence"

Achha hua Saheede-e- Aajam BHAGAT SINGH or Netaji Subhash chandra Bose ne aisa nahi socha !

Sorry, I am devitating from main topic of thread..........but its mention is necessary here.......If britishers did some developmental work here. They did it for their own benefit. They had no intention to develop us.

Dear Brother Satinder,

[/I]Sorry, I am devitating from main topic of thread..........but its mention is necessary here.......If britishers did some developmental work here. They did it for their own benefit. They had no intention to develop us.
    Comparison is b/w Britishers v/s other colonisers (eg. French here), & otherwise positive effects we leveraged post independence.

I'm sorry to see that you have totally mis-understood this part of my post. And have taken it in negative direction, to be further mis understood by other readers.
    Last edited by ssgoyat; November 19th, 2011 at 03:23 PM.

I read your complete post. At the time of freedom fighters, these other colonisers must have ruled some other parts of the world. Think for a while, if these freedom fighters had kept thoughts you

"Bhagat singh nu a sochta ar keh deta ak development tai ho ha rahaa hai.......aur dursra ka gulaam banan tai badiya hai.......angreza ka hona theek........development tai karwa re hai.....kyun khamkha faasi pai chadd hai..."

I read your complete post. At the time of freedom fighters, these other colonisers must have ruled some other parts of the world. Think for a while, if these freedom fighters had kept thoughts you

"Bhagat singh nu a sochta ar keh deta ak development tai ho ha rahaa hai.......aur dursra ka gulaam banan tai badiya hai.......angreza ka hona theek........development tai karwa re hai.....kyun khamkha faasi pai chadd hai..."

Bhai mere,

1. I said 'this part of the post', not the compelte post.
    2. I talked about post-independence scenerao. I didn't say any single word about either the freedom movement, or they were good rulers or were the best. pls re-read and interpret it again. Or ignore that particular paragraph. I take my words back, i'm still not able to convice you, despite repeated efforts.

(jo kuch bura hua tha.. tha..angrejj the.. chale gaye.. jane ke baad ki tasveer dekho.. jiski me baat karr raha hu). I humbly request you not to further have this same mis understanding. Pls don't make mountain out of a molehill again, thereby derailing.

Can we now come back to the topic again, and give it a purposeful positive direction ?

"बन्दूक की गोली और अंग्रेजी की बोली " से अंग्रेज भारत पर राज कर गए -स्व० श्री राम मनोहर लोहिया

Means they created fear (गोली ), confusion and division (बोली) in society

उन्होंने रेलवेलाइन बिछाई ये उन्होंने अपने फायदे के लिए किया था.

ये सोचना गलत है की भारत ब्रतानी उपनिवेश था इसलिए तरक्की कर रहा है. कनाडा, आस्ट्रेलिया, न्यूजीलैंड में उनके अपने लोग बसते है, उनकी मदत तो करनी ही थी. नहीं तो अपना पडोसी पाकिस्तान देख लो क्या जबरदस्त तरक्की कर रहा है, अंग्रेज वहां भी तो कुछ Infrastructure छोड़ कर गए होंगे ???

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    I’m sorry to feel lucky that we were ruled by Britishers & they’ve given us this gift of English and we’re leveraging this now. And the basic infrastructure as Railways, Roads, postal network, Defense establishments & training. Basic framework to form our own constitution, law & enforcement. Had we been a French colony (like African countries). We wouldn’t have had this competitive advantage, which we have now. We guys would have been like any other African, Arab world country struggling to strive for our existence.
    Last edited by deshi-jat; November 19th, 2011 at 09:52 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

Dagar25 (November 19th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by deshi-jat View Post
    thats Vilayati

bartaneeya - that is the word for Britain- i read this word in one of your posts.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

बहुत अच्छा विषय चुना है परीक्षित जी ने ..अंग्रेजी आज हमारी जिंदगी में इस कदर घर कर चुकी है कि हम इस भाषा के शब्दों की सहायता लिए बिना एक पूरा वाक्य नहीं बोल पाते...इस बात से इनकार नहीं किया जा सकता की ये भाषा आधुनिक युग की आवश्यकता है... विदेशियों के लिए हम भारत में काम करेंगे तो उनसे वार्तालाप या किसी भी तरह की वार्ता जाहिर तौर पर वैश्विक भाषा में ही करनी होगी...वैश्विक भाषा का दर्जा अंग्रेजी को दिया गया है तो इस भाषा को सीखना भी जरुरी है... कुछ एक नौकरियों में इस भाषा का सतही ज्ञान ही काफी होता है लकिन कुछ नौकरियों में इस भाषा पर बहुत गहरी पकड़ जरुरी है ... इस बात में कोई हर्ज़ भी नहीं है.. .
    लेकिन हम भारतीय होने के नाते इतना तो कर ही सकते हैं की इस भाषा का इस्तेमाल वहीँ करें जहाँ इसकी जरुरत हो ... आज हम सभी आपस में बात करते हुए भी इस भाषा का इस्तेमाल करते हैं...इसको प्रभाव डालने वाली भाषा माना जाता है ...
    लड़का लड़की देखने जाता है तो वो लड़की से अंग्रेजी में सवाल करता है और अगर लड़की अंग्रेजी नहीं जानती तो उसको अस्वीकार कर देता है..लडकियां भी यही करती हैं...जो अंग्रेजी बोलना नहीं जानता उसको हेय दृष्टि से देखा जाता है...

इतना तक देखने में आया है कि दोस्त बनाने से पहले भी उसका अंग्रेजी में संचार कौशल देखा जाता है...
    हम भारतीयों के लिए अंग्रेजी एक अच्छे व्यवसाय और प्रगति की प्रत्याभूति हो सकती है लेकिन एक इंसान, एक दोस्त या एक जीवनसाथी को अंग्रेजी भाषा की कसौटी पर कसना गलत है...
    हिंदी हमारी मातृ भाषा है... इसका सम्मान करना और इस पर गर्व करना हमारा कर्त्तव्य है...
    जय हिंद
    सादर
    रजनी नरवाल
    शांति !

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rajninarwal For This Useful Post:

Dagar25 (November 19th, 2011), deependra (November 21st, 2011), Prikshit (November 21st, 2011), vikda (December 27th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by rajninarwal View Post
    बहुत अच्छा विषय चुना है परीक्षित जी ने ..अंग्रेजी आज हमारी जिंदगी में इस कदर घर कर चुकी है कि हम इस भाषा के शब्दों की सहायता लिए बिना एक पूरा वाक्य नहीं बोल पाते...इस बात से इनकार नहीं किया जा सकता की ये भाषा आधुनिक युग की आवश्यकता है... विदेशियों के लिए हम भारत में काम करेंगे तो उनसे वार्तालाप या किसी भी तरह की वार्ता जाहिर तौर पर वैश्विक भाषा में ही करनी होगी...वैश्विक भाषा का दर्जा अंग्रेजी को दिया गया है तो इस भाषा को सीखना भी जरुरी है... कुछ एक नौकरियों में इस भाषा का सतही ज्ञान ही काफी होता है लकिन कुछ नौकरियों में इस भाषा पर बहुत गहरी पकड़ जरुरी है ... इस बात में कोई हर्ज़ भी नहीं है.. .
    लेकिन हम भारतीय होने के नाते इतना तो कर ही सकते हैं की इस भाषा का इस्तेमाल वहीँ करें जहाँ इसकी जरुरत हो ... आज हम सभी आपस में बात करते हुए भी इस भाषा का इस्तेमाल करते हैं...इसको प्रभाव डालने वाली भाषा माना जाता है ...
    जी बिलकुल ठीक कहा आपने, यही में भी समझाने का प्रयत्न कर रहा हु.... की हिंदी प्रेम की भी कद्र करो... और बदलते वक़्त की जरुरत को भी नजरअंदाज मत करो.... जहाँ जिस चीज़ की आवश्यता है उसी अनुरूप अपने को ढालो...

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

deependra (November 21st, 2011), JSRana (November 20th, 2011), Prikshit (November 21st, 2011), rajninarwal (November 21st, 2011), upendersingh (November 19th, 2011), vikda (December 27th, 2011)

"बन्दूक की गोली और अंग्रेजी की बोली " से अंग्रेज भारत पर राज कर गए -स्व० श्री राम मनोहर लोहिया

Means they created fear (गोली ), confusion and division (बोली) in society

उन्होंने रेलवेलाइन बिछाई ये उन्होंने अपने फायदे के लिए किया था.

ये सोचना गलत है की भारत ब्रतानी उपनिवेश था इसलिए तरक्की कर रहा है. कनाडा, आस्ट्रेलिया, न्यूजीलैंड में उनके अपने लोग बसते है, उनकी मदत तो करनी ही थी. नहीं तो अपना पडोसी पाकिस्तान देख लो क्या जबरदस्त तरकी कर रहा है, अंग्रेज वहां भी तो कुछ Infrastructure छोड़ कर गए होंगे ???

बोली तो अब भी हमें आपस में अलग कर ही रही है.... दक्षिण व उत्तर भारतीयों के बीच .. क्या हम नहीं जानते कि एक राष्ट्र होते हुए भी हमारी एक भाषा नहीं है... और उसका कितना बड़ा नकरात्मक स्वरुप है...हम तो अभी भी बोली के अधर पे ही आपस में एक दुसरे को विभाजित करते हैं,...ये बंगाली, ये गुजरती, ये मराठी, ये तमिल.. आपस में तालमेल नहीं बैठता ... और अंग्रेजो ने इसी बात का फायदा उठाया...कि इनका कभी एक स्वर नहीं हो सकता..

और तो छोड़ो .. अपने जाटो हरयाणा, उत्तर प्रदेश के जाटो में आपसी भाईचारा ढंग से नहीं है..... हम ही आपस में इतना फर्क करते हैं... किसी बाहर वाले को तो फायदा उठाना ही था.. इस जाटलैंड साईट को ही देख लो.... आपस में दस लोग भी एक बात पे आपस में सहमत नहीं होते दिखेंगे कभी भी..

कोस कोस पे बदले पानी , चार कोस पे बदले वाणी.. जैसी एक कहावत भी है...

पाकिस्तान के अपने अलग असफल होने के अपने अनेको कारण हैं ... ये बात वहां के लोग भी अच्छी तरह जानते हैं..

मेरा कहना का इतना अभिप्राय केवल इतना ही है , कि इन अंग्रेजो से हमें एक अच्छी चीज़ मिली.. वो है अंग्रेजी.. जिसकी आजकल के वैश्विक परिवेश में उन्नति के लिए अभिन्न आवश्यकता है ... और उसको नजरादाज करके हम अपना ही नुकसान करेंगे..
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

JSRana (November 20th, 2011), sjakhars (November 21st, 2011), sunillathwal (November 19th, 2011)

bhai career ka te bera ni........per je dhang ki chori te byah karna se te jarur angrezi aani chaiye............

सतेंदर तेरे तर्क महान भाई. पाकिस्तान के अलग कारण बता दिए, सोमालिया (उत्तरी), घाना (पूर्वी), सियरा लिओन, सवाज़ीलैंड, युगांडा, इत्यादि मै किम्मे खाड्डा माचै उसके कारण भी किम्मे और बता देगा....बाकि अफ्रीका कुछ हो तो फेर उसके जिम्मेदार फ्रेंच या डच !

इसी एकसौगात पहलम मुगलां ते भी मिली थी, फ़ारसी....इब कित्ते ढुंढी ना पावै

पाकिस्तान के अपने अलग असफल होने के अपने अनेको कारण हैं ...मेरा कहना का इतना अभिप्राय केवल इतना ही है , कि इन अंग्रेजो से हमें एक अच्छी चीज़ मिली.. वो है अंग्रेजी..

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

kuldeeppunia25 (November 19th, 2011), urmiladuhan (November 20th, 2011)

Guys, please don't go off-topic!!!! Discussion is about "Is knowing English is a must to get good life and career ?"
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to neetu21 For This Useful Post:

amankadian (November 19th, 2011), Dagar25 (November 20th, 2011), deependra (November 21st, 2011), Prikshit (November 21st, 2011), ssgoyat (November 19th, 2011)

Speaking is must .............................Because it's a common way for conversation.
    South Indian hardly knw abt Hindi.

Quote Originally Posted by amankadian View Post
    Speaking is must .............................Because it's a common way for conversation.
    South Indian hardly knw abt Hindi.
    i will say depends on ur path for career.................

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dahiyarocks For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (November 20th, 2011), urmiladuhan (November 20th, 2011)

सतेंदर तेरे तर्क महान भाई. पाकिस्तान के अलग कारण बता दिए, सोमालिया (उत्तरी), घाना (पूर्वी), सियरा लिओन, सवाज़ीलैंड, युगांडा, इत्यादि मै किम्मे खाड्डा माचै उसके कारण भी किम्मे और बता देगा....बाकि अफ्रीका कुछ हो तो फेर उसके जिम्मेदार फ्रेंच या डच !

इसी एकसौगात पहलम मुगलां ते भी मिली थी, फ़ारसी....इब कित्ते ढुंढी ना पावै

समय का पहिया गतिमान है....
    फारसी क्या आप संस्कृत को ही देख लें...

और जिस तरीके से चीन तरक्की की सीढ़िया चढ़ रहा है.. अंग्रेज भी चीनी सीखते नजर आएंगे..
    क्या पता कल को एशिया की अपनी मुद्रा भी बन जाये चीन के नेतृत्व में ..यूरो की तरह ..
    संक्षेप में कहूँगा.. समय की पहिया किसी के लिए नहीं रुकता...बदलते समय के हिसाब से कोई नहीं बदल पाया अपने आप को... तो समय तो आगे चला जायेगा..
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

deependra (November 21st, 2011), deshi-jat (November 20th, 2011), ndalal (April 14th, 2012), Prikshit (November 21st, 2011)

मनै पहली पोस्ट मै कुछ ऐसा ही सन्देश दिया था परीक्षित तै.

वो o p न्यू तो बतावे ना अक; के नौकरी चाहिए, कित चाहिए, कितना और के पढ़ रह्या सै, कित बसणा चाहवै, भविष्य की लम्बी योजना, पारिवारिक जिम्मेदारी, वगैराह...

ना तो उस ताहि किम्मे राह बी बतावा. ... बस एक-दो लैन लिख के वोह तै भाज ग्या...

समय का पहिया गतिमान है....
    फारसी क्या आप संस्कृत को ही देख लें...

और जिस तरीके से चीन तरक्की की सीढ़िया चढ़ रहा है.. अंग्रेज भी चीनी सीखते नजर आएंगे..
    क्या पता कल को एशिया की अपनी मुद्रा भी बन जाये चीन के नेतृत्व में ..यूरो की तरह ..
    संक्षेप में कहूँगा.. समय की पहिया किसी के लिए नहीं रुकता...बदलते समय के हिसाब से कोई नहीं बदल पाया अपने आप को... तो समय तो आगे चला जायेगा..
    Last edited by deshi-jat; November 20th, 2011 at 05:47 AM.