Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Is knowing English is a must to get good life and career ?

Quote Originally Posted by rsdalal View Post
    Dr Sahab,
    Before WWII English was promoted because of British lead over others, after WWII it was because of US.
    So by chance English had right partners on its side.
    Otherwise I do not think English as a language is any way more suitable for Science and Technology than any other language. It would help if you can provide any thing to support this statement of yours
    There is no disagreement on the issue of the progress and spread of English.

The availability of R and D literature [books, journals, etc.] all over the world in abundance in English leads us to infer its percolating effect yet no data is available with me to compare it with literature available in other languages. My inference may be wrong and could be corrected if other facts could replace it.

Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Sure (May 12th, 2012)

जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

ndalal (May 12th, 2012), ravinderjeet (May 12th, 2012), Sure (May 12th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by VirJ View Post
    You are right, Friend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Sure (May 12th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    There is no disagreement on the issue of the progress and spread of English.

The availability of R and D literature [books, journals, etc.] all over the world in abundance in English leads us to infer its percolating effect yet no data is available with me to compare it with literature available in other languages. My inference may be wrong and could be corrected if other facts could replace it.

Thanks.
    You are very much right here Sir, In fact we Indians reads only books which are in English because this is our favorite language (fortunatly or unfortunatly). but there are n numbers of books in R and D in all most all other languages. Simple fact is that everyone will go for books which is written in a language which he can read.
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
    Everyone in Our life is going to hurt us, sooner or later. But we have to decide. what's more important? The Pain Or The Person.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

anuragsunda (June 4th, 2012), ashe (May 16th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (May 12th, 2012), ravinderjeet (May 12th, 2012)