Thread: How many of you wear or like to our traditional attire ?

How many of you wear or like to our traditional attire ?

1. आप में से कितने पुरुष सदस्य अपनी पारम्परिक वेश-भूषा जैसे की धोती, कुर्ता, खंडवा, जुती पहनना पसंद करते हैं ?
    2. अब तक आपने कितनी बार पहनी है ?
    3. अगर नहीं पहनी है तो पहनना पसंद करोगे ?
    4. अब तक क्यूँ नहीं पहनी ? क्या आप हिचकिचाते है ?
    5. संभव हो तो अपनी पारंपरिक वेश भूषा में पिक्चर लगाये ( केवल पुरुष सदस्य )

यही सारे प्रश्न महिला सदस्यों से भी है ! दामन , घाघरी , कुर्ती , जुती , कंठ सरी , कड़े , बोरला इतियादी
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

amit_sheoran (December 24th, 2011), cooljat (December 24th, 2011), rajneeshantil (December 26th, 2011), skarmveer (December 24th, 2011)

[QUOTE=Samarkadian;291967][SIZE=3]

i grew up wearing other dresses - so i feel more comfortable in them than those listed above. i don't want to give up my comfort for the sake of making a cultural statement.

bhai samar aajkaal to khes ar kaambal bhi odhne chhod diye ..............धोती, कुर्ता, खंडवा, जुती ye tai bhot picche nai rahge.....sara pharak environment ka hai.......eb aajkaal agar en nai koi pahan bhi lega tai log kahn laag javenge ak rai maach ra hai.........dikhawa kar rhaa hai.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagar25 For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (December 24th, 2011), sjakhars (December 24th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    1. आप में से कितने पुरुष सदस्य अपनी पारम्परिक वेश-भूषा जैसे की धोती, कुर्ता, खंडवा, जुती पहनना पसंद करते हैं ?

यही सारे प्रश्न महिला सदस्यों से भी है ! दामन , घाघरी , कुर्ती , जुती , कंठ सरी , कड़े , बोरला इतियादी
    AnS: 1. When ever traditional occasions are there.
    2. Tried lot many time during my college days.
    3. As said above on traditional occasions.
    4. Pahani hai , so I never.
    5. This is what i dont have but on next occasion I will save that for the purpose, thanks for putting this in my mind.

Another thing I like to mention Samar, that we must change our self with time and technology where lot of other safety issues are arising. when Dada Lakhmichand started Saang, this Kurta and ghagra what we had seen was not there before and womens were almost naked from backside upper body when using choli ghagra and this choli Ghagra is still there at some places in Rajasthan and in Haryana. A huge change in fashion took place during those Saangs. Dada was not only a bard but a fashion designer too. Now a days garments and their qualities are changing by the fibers in use and lot many fibers take very small amount of water and labour for washing and drying. Zest of all this writing is we must change according to comfortability,cost, enviornment where living or working but we should not forget our culture and traditions and should not hasitate of wearing our traditional dresses.
    Last edited by Sure; December 24th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
    Everyone in Our life is going to hurt us, sooner or later. But we have to decide. what's more important? The Pain Or The Person.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (December 24th, 2011), urmiladuhan (December 24th, 2011)

1. आप में से कितने पुरुष सदस्य अपनी पारम्परिक वेश-भूषा जैसे की धोती, कुर्ता, खंडवा, जुती पहनना पसंद करते हैं -मने दुसरया का के बेरा ?
    2. अब तक आपने कितनी बार पहनी है -
    जीरो बार ?
    3. अगर नहीं पहनी है तो पहनना पसंद करोगे -
    अगर सोभाग्य मिला तो जरुर धारण करेंगे ?
    4. अब तक क्यूँ नहीं पहनी -
    सोभाग्य नहीं मिला ?
    क्या आप हिचकिचाते है -
    हम आर हीच किच्या जया मतबल ए नहीं ?
    5. संभव हो तो अपनी पारंपरिक वेश भूषा में पिक्चर लगाये ( केवल पुरुष सदस्य )-
    मुब्लेल आल्ला ला दया ?

यही सारे प्रश्न महिला सदस्यों से भी है ! दामन , घाघरी , कुर्ती , जुती , कंठ सरी , कड़े , बोरला इतियादी -
    बाकि सुवासन छोरी ब्तावेंगी [/quote]
    चालना राही का, चाहे फेर क्यूं ना हो । बैठना भाइयाँ का, चाहे बैर क्यूं ना हो ।।

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kuldeeppunia25 For This Useful Post:

amit_sheoran (December 24th, 2011)

I have worn all these except “Khandvaa” about 7-8 times, went in some Baraats also in these. I have printed pictures, will need to scan them. About Khandvaa is there some concept at least in my area that one can’t wear till father is alive

कितने पुरुष सदस्य अपनी पारम्परिक वेश-भूषा जैसे की धोती, कुर्ता, खंडवा, जुती पहनना पसंद करते हैं ?

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (December 25th, 2011), Dagar25 (December 24th, 2011), JSRana (December 26th, 2011), rajneeshantil (December 26th, 2011), Sure (December 24th, 2011), vicky84 (December 25th, 2011), vijaykajla1 (December 24th, 2011)

1. आप में से कितने पुरुष सदस्य अपनी पारम्परिक वेश-भूषा जैसे की धोती, कुर्ता, खंडवा, जुती पहनना पसंद करते हैं ? मैं करता हूँ भाई |
    जब भी मौका लाग्या पहरा स भाई |
    लागू नहीं |
    लागू नहीं |
    जरूर लगाऊंगा ढून्ढ के |

प्रशन पत्र के लिए धन्यवाद् |
    Last edited by JSRana; December 24th, 2011 at 03:21 PM.
    Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.
    That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.
    :D

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JSRana For This Useful Post:

amit_sheoran (December 24th, 2011), cooljat (December 27th, 2011), deshi-jat (December 24th, 2011), VPannu (December 24th, 2011)

[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;291968]
    [SIZE=3]

i grew up wearing other dresses - so i feel more comfortable in them than those listed above. i don't want to give up my comfort for the sake of making a cultural statement.

But I have no problem wearing it for a photograph for JL. I heard from my mother that in villages a combination of red, green and white was/is quite popular with women and also a pink and black and white salwar kameez (story goes around that many lutarae/thiefs also would wear this pink, white and black combination and dress up as women to loot them of their jewellery in the fields). Aangee (backless blouse) was also commonly worn by women in the villages.

Hum

1. आप में से कितने पुरुष सदस्य अपनी पारम्परिक वेश-भूषा जैसे की धोती, कुर्ता, खंडवा, जुती पहनना पसंद करते हैं ? Yes
    2. अब तक आपने कितनी बार पहनी है ? 00
    3. अगर नहीं पहनी है तो पहनना पसंद करोगे ? YES
    4. अब तक क्यूँ नहीं पहनी ? क्या आप हिचकिचाते है ? No. chance hi nhi aaya
    5. संभव हो तो अपनी पारंपरिक वेश भूषा में पिक्चर लगाये ( केवल पुरुष सदस्य ) Very soon, i will update it.

Jaldi hi hum Dhoti kurta Rumaal aur juti, banwa rhe h....... kya baat h
    Last edited by jakharanil; December 24th, 2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: add
    Thanks & Regards,

Anil Jakhar
    jakhar.anilk@gmail.com
    +91 93143 91300
    Birodi badi \ Nawal garh, Fatehpur Shekhawati, Rajasthan, India

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jakharanil For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (December 24th, 2011), JSRana (December 26th, 2011), Sure (December 27th, 2011)

[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;292009]
    Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post

But I have no problem wearing it for a photograph for JL. I heard from my mother that in villages a combination of red, green and white was/is quite popular with women and also a pink and black and white salwar kameez (story goes around that many lutarae/thiefs also would wear this pink, white and black combination and dress up as women to loot them of their jewellery in the fields). Aangee (backless blouse) was also commonly worn by women in the villages.
    Angee (Backless Blouse) this is what changed long back and women started wearing full kurta with Ghagra. I consider that this change was good for society and specially for women and i am always in favor of these changes according to time.
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
    Everyone in Our life is going to hurt us, sooner or later. But we have to decide. what's more important? The Pain Or The Person.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

urmiladuhan (December 24th, 2011)

depends

>i would love to wear traditional wid some modifications
    >ghaghara is replaced by long skirts,n jean n t shrt is common dress in todays culture.
    >but wenever i visit to my village or in pooja's and the place decide wat is best suitable
    >i would love to wear sari,but its not much practiced among haryanavi jaat as much by UP's jats n baniyas.
    >every style statment is unique for me may b skirt,trousers,capri's
    watever i wear is trendy n traditional according to d choice of place.
    IF U WANT TO GIVE SUMTHING TO OTHERS
    GIVE THE SMILE N RESPECT.
    REMEMBER ITS EASY TO BREAK ANYTHING BUT REVERSE IS NOT TRUE.
    ENJOY THE HUMAN SPIRIT.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to preetikhatri For This Useful Post:

amit_sheoran (December 26th, 2011)

Bhai Saab ek khandwa chhod kar I wear every thing at home generally,when in Office I stick to my formals and jeans,t-shirt.
    white cotton ka Pajama-kurta on weekends when at home ,some-times at night also when going outside nearby to home becoz they are very comfortable and cool,doesn't feel like I am wearing something heavy or tight.Looks good also on me as per my 6 ft + height and health.Sometimes I also wear Addidas and Reebok track pants also as they also suit me well so nothing as such that I stick to only 1 thing.
    (ii) Cotton ki white Dhoti and sometimes Loongi,when I go to my bed for sleep becoz that gives the ultimate comfort and obviously good sleep without any jhanhat(if you really know how wear a dhoti or loongi).
    (iii) Brown colour ki Cham ki Jooti which are simple in Looks,light weight,no jhanjat of laces,depends on my mood,sometimes I wear to office also bcoz after polishing they look brand new out of box.
    I know the comfort they give and looks good on me also.
    No hesitation but it should match with occassion and time(office mein dhoti naa bandhi jaa bhai rooj)
    if this post remains for a longer time and photo khichne kaa mood aaya to jaroor lagadenge.

In short I feel comfortable and simultaneously looks good on me so I prefer to wear ,Same thing goes with others Who so ever is wearing should look for his comfortability zone and whether it looks good on them as per there Physical body structure .

Gutki-gutki madam aur choori hai aaj kaal...inteii khud ke siiir ke 4 baal naa sambhalte,Beauty parlour mein jaabe jaa ke boycut karwa lee gii aur 1000 Rs kaa bill bana-de gii apni pocket peii...aap uuper mentioned dress ki tooo baat hiii rehne doo.....

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to naveenprakash For This Useful Post:

amit_sheoran (December 25th, 2011), deshi-jat (December 24th, 2011), preetikhatri (December 24th, 2011), Sure (December 27th, 2011), urmiladuhan (December 25th, 2011), vijaykajla1 (December 24th, 2011)

1. आप में से कितने पुरुष सदस्य अपनी पारम्परिक वेश-भूषा जैसे की धोती, कुर्ता, खंडवा, जुती पहनना पसंद करते हैं ?-me karu su
    2. अब तक आपने कितनी बार पहनी है ?kai bar कुर्ता pajma phna s..
    3. अगर नहीं पहनी है तो पहनना पसंद करोगे ?ha dhoti pahnna psnd kruna
    4. अब तक क्यूँ नहीं पहनी ? क्या आप हिचकिचाते है ?na bhai jma ni
    5. संभव हो तो अपनी पारंपरिक वेश भूषा में पिक्चर लगाये ( केवल पुरुष सदस्य )jrur

!!! साची कहना , सुखी रहना !!!

Quote Originally Posted by naveenprakash View Post

Gutki-gutki madam aur choori hai aaj kaal...inteii khud ke siiir ke 4 baal naa sambhalte,Beauty parlour mein jaabe jaa ke boycut karwa lee gii aur 1000 Rs kaa bill bana-de gii apni pocket peii...aap uuper mentioned dress ki tooo baat hiii rehne doo.....
    bhai naveen prakash is baat te m sahmat hun..
    !!! साची कहना , सुखी रहना !!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to amit_sheoran For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (December 25th, 2011)

पजामा कुरता जूती पसंद हे. धोती जयादातर बड़े लोग पहनते हें. अनगिनत बार पहनी हे और मेरी पसंदीदा पोशाक हे ये.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Samer, generally people adopt/use/ wear dress based on following factors:-
    a) season
    b) place
    c) availibity
    d) usefulness as per function/work
    e) affordability
    f) comfortability
    g) tradition of the society
    h) dress code of the institution/organisation
    i) safty/security
    j) general trend in the society
    k) liking of the individual etc

1 I like our dress, wore dhoti and kurta during college regularly, had been wearing and wear now also dhoti, kurta and pagadi also during marriage, religious, samaj and kisan functions, But niether it is practical nor due to various above reasons, I like to wear dhoti, kurta, pagadi, juti etc regularly. Rather I would like to remain jat by nature, thinking, character, deeds, personalty etc instead of wearing jat uniform on different personalty, regards

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fateh For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (December 26th, 2011), malikdeepak1 (December 26th, 2011), Sure (December 27th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Fateh View Post

Rather I would like to remain jat by nature, thinking, character, deeds, personalty etc instead of wearing jat uniform on different personalty,
    Agree word by word!
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malikdeepak1 For This Useful Post:

Fateh (December 29th, 2011), JSRana (December 26th, 2011), Sure (December 27th, 2011)