Thread: My visit to Renkoji Temple( Netaji Subash Chandara Boss ases ), Tokyo, Japan

My visit to Renkoji Temple( Netaji Subash Chandara Boss ases ), Tokyo, Japan

It was a beautiful morning of 18th August 2011, one of my dream was about to get its destination….It had been around 18 month since I arrived in Japan. I missed the opportunity last time on 18th of August 2010, and didn’t want to miss it again. Perhaps it was the only one reason, being tired because of crucial task lined up and hasn’t had proper sleep in last couple of weeks, I decided to go ahead and cancelled all the appointments which were scheduled on 18th. I could not sleep properly in night and was not comfortable. But it was my enthusiasm which propelled me during the entire visit. It was the death anniversary of Netaji Subash Chandra Boss…a legendry freedom fighter…. I had been listening about him since I was a kid. I am great fan of freedom fighters who sacrificed their life just because I can breathe in independent INDIA. I had gathered enough information related to the Renkoji Temple. Renkoji Temple is the one where Netaji’s ashes are kept; anyone can visit the temple whenever they want to….. but they will not be allowed to get inside the main building where Netaji’s ashes are kept. And there is only one day when one can visit the main building that is 18th August. I had one more fried with me; we were so excited that we reached the temple around 8.00AM. There was a Netaji’s statue was visible from outside itself. We were the first one to reach there and paid our tribute to the great revolutionary. In the mean time, a big truck full of bouquet arrived at the temple. It was only then we realized that we didn’t bring not even single flower that can symbolize our tribute. We thought that flower might have been send by Indian embassy in Tokyo, but once enquire we get to know that it was all arranged by Japanese government. I was in shock and it took me some time to come out. In the mean time I noticed an old Japanese lady came with a beautiful bouquet and paid her tribute to Netaji and left after some time. We both sat for some time and discuss the way Indian government regards their freedom fighters. Perhaps, there were only few occlusions when I did feel ashamed being an INDIAN, and it was the same real moment. We tried to know more about temple, but there was no one, still main building was locked, as we explored more, we found that there was a priest who use to look after the temple. He informed us that we will have access to get in the mail building at 2.00 PM. It was only 9.00 AM; we had five more hours to spend. There was a nice park just a walk away, we decided to go there and wait for the 2.00PM. Finally it was 2.00PM we were back to renkojii temple. There were more than 100 seats, but most of them were full, I manage to get a seat in the center of first row, just adjacent to Indian diplomat. He expected to give him some regards but I didn’t do it, because I was so angry that they could not send not even a single bouquet to Netaji. Most of the people, who were part of ceremony were Japanese, were quite old, they might have been a part of Netaji’s association. There were maximum 10 Indian like me, who came there to pay their tribute to great revolutionary. I was overwhelm after touching the Netaji’s ashes (I knew there is a controversy that ashes doesn’t belong to Netaji, but this is just a matter of faith, this is what I could maximum do to my beloved leader). There was a small party followed by ceremony, but it was not interested in that and invested my time talking to old people to explore more about Netaji. I took lots of photographs to keep as memory, I have no idea whether I can upload them on Jatland or not, I guess, administrator can help me out.
    Please Note: if someone from the Jatland wants to visit the renkoji temple, he/she is most welcome, I will be here for next 2 more years.
    Adios!
    Technology has no limit nor I do...

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ankurbaliyan For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (December 26th, 2011), DrRajpalSingh (December 26th, 2011), JSRana (December 26th, 2011), lrburdak (December 26th, 2011), preetikhatri (December 26th, 2011), rajneeshantil (December 27th, 2011), reenu (September 25th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (December 26th, 2011), upendersingh (December 26th, 2011), ygulia (December 27th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Ankurbaliyan View Post
    It was a beautiful morning of 18th August 2011, one of my dream was about to get its destination….It had been around 18 month since I arrived in Japan. I missed the opportunity last time on 18th of August 2010, and didn’t want to miss it again. Perhaps it was the only one reason, being tired because of crucial task lined up and hasn’t had proper sleep in last couple of weeks, I decided to go ahead and cancelled all the appointments which were scheduled on 18th. I could not sleep properly in night and was not comfortable. But it was my enthusiasm which propelled me during the entire visit. It was the death anniversary of Netaji Subash Chandra Boss…a legendry freedom fighter…. I had been listening about him since I was a kid. I am great fan of freedom fighters who sacrificed their life just because I can breathe in independent INDIA. I had gathered enough information related to the Renkoji Temple. Renkoji Temple is the one where Netaji’s ashes are kept; anyone can visit the temple whenever they want to….. but they will not be allowed to get inside the main building where Netaji’s ashes are kept. And there is only one day when one can visit the main building that is 18th August. I had one more fried with me; we were so excited that we reached the temple around 8.00AM. There was a Netaji’s statue was visible from outside itself. We were the first one to reach there and paid our tribute to the great revolutionary. In the mean time, a big truck full of bouquet arrived at the temple. It was only then we realized that we didn’t bring not even single flower that can symbolize our tribute. We thought that flower might have been send by Indian embassy in Tokyo, but once enquire we get to know that it was all arranged by Japanese government. I was in shock and it took me some time to come out. In the mean time I noticed an old Japanese lady came with a beautiful bouquet and paid her tribute to Netaji and left after some time. We both sat for some time and discuss the way Indian government regards their freedom fighters. Perhaps, there were only few occlusions when I did feel ashamed being an INDIAN, and it was the same real moment. We tried to know more about temple, but there was no one, still main building was locked, as we explored more, we found that there was a priest who use to look after the temple. He informed us that we will have access to get in the mail building at 2.00 PM. It was only 9.00 AM; we had five more hours to spend. There was a nice park just a walk away, we decided to go there and wait for the 2.00PM. Finally it was 2.00PM we were back to renkojii temple. There were more than 100 seats, but most of them were full, I manage to get a seat in the center of first row, just adjacent to Indian diplomat. He expected to give him some regards but I didn’t do it, because I was so angry that they could not send not even a single bouquet to Netaji. Most of the people, who were part of ceremony were Japanese, were quite old, they might have been a part of Netaji’s association. There were maximum 10 Indian like me, who came there to pay their tribute to great revolutionary. I was overwhelm after touching the Netaji’s ashes (I knew there is a controversy that ashes doesn’t belong to Netaji, but this is just a matter of faith, this is what I could maximum do to my beloved leader). There was a small party followed by ceremony, but it was not interested in that and invested my time talking to old people to explore more about Netaji. I took lots of photographs to keep as memory, I have no idea whether I can upload them on Jatland or not, I guess, administrator can help me out.
    Please Note: if someone from the Jatland wants to visit the renkoji temple, he/she is most welcome, I will be here for next 2 more years.
    Adios!
    No harm in chit chating with the diplomat and innocently saying something like - " wow these flowers laid here are really pretty. where did the indian embassy arrange them from?"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

Ankurbaliyan (December 26th, 2011), rajneeshantil (December 27th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (December 26th, 2011)

Indeed, a very good suggestion, but matter of fact is that do you really think it would have brought any change to the system? I don't think it would have....but Yes, I did register my concern in the logbook provided to write suggestion/complain. More over I strongly believe, Indian embassy will be charging money from Japanese Government for the maintenance of logbook and pen for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    No harm in chit chating with the diplomat and innocently saying something like - " wow these flowers laid here are really pretty. where did the indian embassy arrange them from?"
    Technology has no limit nor I do...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ankurbaliyan For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (December 26th, 2011)

Indeed, a very good suggestion, but matter of fact is that do you really think it would have brought any change to the system? I don't think it would have....but Yes, I did register my concern in the logbook provided to write suggestion/complain. More over I strongly believe, Indian embassy will be charging money from Japanese Government for the maintenance of logbook and pen for sure.
    if true, i hope it is done in jest only!

sure. i think indians have the capacity to get embarrassed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 27th, 2011)

Dear friend,

This is an eye opening post to show much we pay respect to those who sacrificed their lives so that we could breath in air of free motherland! Well done, we need to learn from the old Japanese women to respect our great men as she did. Quote from your post is self explanatory about our scant respect for our all time Heroes whom the people around the world except we recognise and pay their respect, so it needs no further comment:"In the mean time I noticed an old Japanese lady came with a beautiful bouquet and paid her tribute to Netaji and left after some time. We both sat for some time and discuss the way Indian government regards their freedom fighters."

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

JSRana (December 27th, 2011), lrburdak (December 27th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (December 30th, 2011)