Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Janghu Jat Gotra

Quote Originally Posted by dinesh30 View Post
    could anyone please tell me about kuldevi of jangu jat.
    Friend, Could you share more information on Jangu/Janghu Jat villages in and around Falna Region !
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

To me Janghu sounds like a combination of Jang+Hu and thereby some sort of China connection. Jang Hu is the name of a Chinese Ship;

http://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/...MMSI-413852624

May be this surname has to do something with Buddhism past of Jats. Will do more research along this line.

RK^2
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 5th, 2014), ssgoyat (December 4th, 2014)

What do All the Janghus have to say about this Jang Hu from Kenya.

https://www.facebook.com/public/Simon-Musyoka-Jang-Hu

So, my friends The Janghu gotra is not as straight forward as you all have been thinking. Will try to present more stuff to confuse you guys...LOL

RK^2

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 5th, 2014), ssgoyat (December 4th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar View Post

So, my friends The Janghu gotra is not as straight forward as you all have been thinking. Will try to present more stuff to confuse you guys...LOL

RK^2
    If you go by this logic then I am confused on it about my got.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akkadian_Empire

Was Akkadian the language of the Indus Valley civilisation?
    http://www.tribuneindia.com/2000/200...trum/main7.htm
    Aug 20, 2000 - THE Indian literary tradition hallowed by time, distinguished by its vast expanse, ... Thus Sanskrit has, in fact, descended from Akkadian. ... cultural continuity from the Indus Civilisation to the Vedic literature, to the present day.

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/...omment-page-2/

As result, Rawlinson was surprised during his research to discover that the founders of the Mesopotamian civilization were of Kushite origin. He made it clear that the Semitic speakers of Akkad and the non-Semitic speakers of Sumer were both Black or Negro people who called themselves sag-gig-ga “Black Heads”. In Rawlinson’s day the Sumerian people were recognized as Akkadian or Chaldean, while the Semitic speaking blacks were called Assyrians.

Rawlinson identified these Akkadians as Turanian or Scythic people. But he made it clear that these ancient Scythic or Turanian speaking people were Kushites or Blacks.

From one of the comment in the above link:-

Their were at least 4our black types occupying both India and Mesopotamia including the man of Eridu or Tepe Hissar who was big bodied and robust probably related to the Natufian, second the Austronesian-speakers possibly related to certain people in Sumatra as well as the painted pottery people of neolithic Asia, 3rd the small Mediterranean type similar to the Dravidians and Beja and ancient Egyptians, 4th, the tall elongated type of Afro-Arabian ancestral to the earliest Jats. This was the extremely tall “eastern Ethiopian” of Saureshtra mentioned in the Periplus of the Indian ocean which Herodotus claimed was identical in culture to the Ethiopians of the West of the same height. It may have had connection to the early Meluhhas or speakers of sanskrit.
    ----
    Last edited by Samarkadian; December 5th, 2014 at 08:13 AM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

rkumar (December 5th, 2014)

RK^2
    Friend,

Your effort would lead not to confusing the issue but to opening of the knot of the problem.

Kindly accept our thanks and keep putting all the information at your hand on the issue as it would remove the confusion about the hoary past of this branch of the Jat community. In the long run as those who are interested to investigate the issue would have to go deeper in the subject to find out the origin and relevance of such stray references.

Regards
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akkadian_Empire

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2000/200...trum/main7.htm
    Aug 20, 2000 - THE Indian literary tradition hallowed by time, distinguished by its vast expanse, ... Thus Sanskrit has, in fact, descended from Akkadian. ... cultural continuity from the Indus Civilisation to the Vedic literature, to the present day.

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/...omment-page-2/

As result, Rawlinson was surprised during his research to discover that the founders of the Mesopotamian civilization were of Kushite origin. He made it clear that the Semitic speakers of Akkad and the non-Semitic speakers of Sumer were both Black or Negro people who called themselves sag-gig-ga “Black Heads”. In Rawlinson’s day the Sumerian people were recognized as Akkadian or Chaldean, while the Semitic speaking blacks were called Assyrians.

Rawlinson identified these Akkadians as Turanian or Scythic people. But he made it clear that these ancient Scythic or Turanian speaking people were Kushites or Blacks.

Their were at least 4our black types occupying both India and Mesopotamia including the man of Eridu or Tepe Hissar who was big bodied and robust probably related to the Natufian, second the Austronesian-speakers possibly related to certain people in Sumatra as well as the painted pottery people of neolithic Asia, 3rd the small Mediterranean type similar to the Dravidians and Beja and ancient Egyptians, 4th, the tall elongated type of Afro-Arabian ancestral to the earliest Jats. This was the extremely tall “eastern Ethiopian” of Saureshtra mentioned in the Periplus of the Indian ocean which Herodotus claimed was identical in culture to the Ethiopians of the West of the same height. It may have had connection to the early Meluhhas or speakers of sanskrit.
    ----
    I have spoken of all this under my thread " Missing links in Jat History".

RK^2

About the Jat Janghu/Jangoo/Jahnu, interesting information turn to the wiki Jatland page :http://www.jatland.com/home/Jahnu

Which ever way I look, word Janghu" leads to some sort of warrior origin. Another way of writing could be Zhang Hu (http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Zhang_Hu_%28Wei%29). Word jang means war. Janghu in my view is Ladaku, the fierce warrior. It must have been a title in the beginning and with time must have become the gotra.

RK^2

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 5th, 2014), paulgill (May 22nd, 2015)

Which ever way I look, word Janghu" leads to some sort of warrior origin. Another way of writing could be Zhang Hu (http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Zhang_Hu_%28Wei%29). Word jang means war. Janghu in my view is Ladaku, the fierce warrior. It must have been a title in the beginning and with time must have become the gotra.

RK^2
    Thanks,

More contributions from the participants are welcome.

राजपालजी जाटों का इतिहास खुद जाटों को ही लिखना पड़ेगा और गोत्र का इतिहास गोत्र के सदस्य को ही लिखना है। अब यह आप पर है कि बड़वा के रिकॉर्ड ढूंढ निकालें।
    Laxman Burdak

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 30th, 2014)

I find some interesting information from Chinese sources. Jianghu or jiang hu or 江湖 (lit. "rivers and lakes")

Jianghu, is a community of martial artists in wuxia stories and, more recently, outlaw societies like the Triads.

The jianghu is made up of several martial artists who are usually congregated in sects, clans, disciplines and various schools of martial arts.

A common aspect of the jianghu is that the courts of law are dysfunctional and that all disputes and differences can only be resolved by use of force, predicating the need for the code of xia and acts of chivalry. Law and order within the jianghu are maintained by the various orthodox and righteous sects and heroes. Sometimes these sects may gather to form an alliance against a powerful evil organisation in the jianghu.

A leader, called the "wulin mengzhu" (武林盟主; lit. "master of the wulin alliance"), is elected from among the sects in order to lead them and ensure law and order within the jianghu. The leader is usually someone with a high level of mastery in martial arts and a great reputation for righteousness who is often involved in some conspiracy and/or killed. In some cases, the leader may not be the greatest martial artist in the jianghu while in others, the position of the leader is hereditary. The leader is an arbiter who presides and adjudicates over all inequities and disputes. The leader is a de jure chief justice of the affairs of the jianghu.

The term "jianghu" is linked to cultures other than those pertaining to martial arts in wuxia stories. It is also applied to anarchic societies. For instance, the triads and other Chinese secret societies use the term "jianghu" to describe their world of organised crime. Sometimes, the term "jianghu" may be replaced by the term "underworld", with reference to "criminal underworld".

In modern terminology, "jianghu" may mean any circle of interest, ranging from the entertainment industry to sports. Colloquially, retirement is also referred to as "leaving the jianghu" (退出江湖). In wuxia stories, when a reputable fighter decides to retire from the jianghu, he will do so in a ceremony known as "washing hands in the golden basin" (金盆洗手). He washes his hands in a golden basin filled with water, signifying that he will no longer be involved in the affairs of the jianghu. When a reclusive fighter who has retired from the jianghu reappears, his return is described as "re-entering the jianghu" (重出江湖).

Note - The above information is at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuxia#Jianghu The term present in Chinese sources indicates its origin in China or martial people who went to China.
    Last edited by lrburdak; December 30th, 2014 at 10:00 AM.
    Laxman Burdak

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 30th, 2014), paulgill (May 23rd, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    I find some interesting information from Chinese sources. Jianghu or jiang hu or 江湖 (lit. "rivers and lakes")

Jianghu, is a community of martial artists in wuxia stories and, more recently, outlaw societies like the Triads.
    On your site there is a Jatt Got "Khabra", the origin of this family name is most likely Eber(Heber), great great grandson of Noah, Hebrew(hebrews), or the Khabur River/the Little Khabur River which are the tributaries of the Euphrates River and Tigris Rivers respectively.

Khabra Got has J1- Z1853* Y-Dna lineage, it is a sub-branch of P58 branch which is considered to have its origin in the Northern Mesopotamia, the area is also known as Khabur triangle and many ancient settlements are found in this area. Now, it is not known if Khabur River is named after Eber or the Eber is named after Khabur River, but this much is clear that Hebrew is based on Eber.

In the Ancient times, when there was no such city as Kabul, there was a city named Kabura on the Silk Road, next to the present day Kabul, and then there is the Khyber Pass, which pretty well sums up the migration route of ancestors of Khabra Jatts, from Khabur River > Tarim Basin > Kabura>khyber Pass>India.

Khabra ancestors perhaps joined the Guti(Gutians) from Zagros Mountains who basically were R1a1a and ended up in Tarim Basin where Guti were known to the Chinese as YueZie.

There is a distant genetic relative of Khabra Jatts who is of Oghuz Tribe and his family is known as Yetis Family. It appears that he belongs to a Jatt family whose ancestors were separated from YueZie and were assimilated into Oghuz Tribe in north west of China in ancient times.

In my opinion any connection based on any historical or archaeological etc evidence is useless unless the relationship can be proven to have Y-Dna genetic connection, it is now time that all Jatt clans are thoroughly tested, genetically, and any Paternal lineage claims are genetically substantiated.

If people had refrained from changing their clan names, then there wasn't any need today to look for their origin, Khabra Got may be proven to be one of the oldest surviving family name one day, just for that very reason.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulgill For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 22nd, 2015), lrburdak (May 22nd, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by paulgill View Post
    On your site there is a Jatt Got "Khabra", the origin of this family name is most likely Eber(Heber), great great grandson of Noah, Hebrew(hebrews), or the Khabur River/the Little Khabur River which are the tributaries of the Euphrates River and Tigris Rivers respectively.

Khabra Got has J1- Z1853* Y-Dna lineage, it is a sub-branch of P58 branch which is considered to have its origin in the Northern Mesopotamia, the area is also known as Khabur triangle and many ancient settlements are found in this area. Now, it is not known if Khabur River is named after Eber or the Eber is named after Khabur River, but this much is clear that Hebrew is based on Eber.

In the Ancient times, when there was no such city as Kabul, there was a city named Kabura on the Silk Road, next to the present day Kabul, and then there is the Khyber Pass, which pretty well sums up the migration route of ancestors of Khabra Jatts, from Khabur River > Tarim Basin > Kabura>khyber Pass>India.

Khabra ancestors perhaps joined the Guti(Gutians) from Zagros Mountains who basically were R1a1a and ended up in Tarim Basin where Guti were known to the Chinese as YueZie.

There is a distant genetic relative of Khabra Jatts who is of Oghuz Tribe and his family is known as Yetis Family. It appears that he belongs to a Jatt family whose ancestors were separated from YueZie and were assimilated into Oghuz Tribe in north west of China in ancient times.

In my opinion any connection based on any historical or archaeological etc evidence is useless unless the relationship can be proven to have Y-Dna genetic connection, it is now time that all Jatt clans are thoroughly tested, genetically, and any Paternal lineage claims are genetically substantiated.

If people had refrained from changing their clan names, then there wasn't any need today to look for their origin, Khabra Got may be proven to be one of the oldest surviving family name one day, just for that very reason.
    Gill sahab!..thanks for sharing the good info. by the way, you are talking a lot about genetic sin all your post.as "bais jatt are R2, khabra is this, guti is that".. what is the base of this data? where did you get this? did you do any research on Jat clans genetics?
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 22nd, 2015), paulgill (May 22nd, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    Gill sahab!..thanks for sharing the good info. by the way, you are talking a lot about genetic sin all your post.as "bais jatt are R2, khabra is this, guti is that".. what is the base of this data? where did you get this? did you do any research on Jat clans genetics?
    They don't let me post the link for now as I am new here. Below is the information from the National Geographic Project Geno 2.0, results from genetic testing.

Your Deep Ancestry

(1,000 Years - 100,000 Years Ago)

maternal Line H14a

0.1%
    Your maternal haplogroup is shared by 0.1% of all participants in the project

paternal Line J-Z1853

0.3%
    Your paternal haplogroup is shared by 0.3% of all participants in the project

Modern humans started to leave Africa between 60,000 and 70,000 years ago. They traveled in groups, taking different paths and arriving at different destinations. These journeys can be traced through DNA “markers” that form the human genetic tree. Based on these personal markers, each person alive today can be assigned to a specific haplogroup, which identifies their branch on the tree.

Paternal lines of some Jatt Clans:

Bains = R2
    Bal =R1a1a
    Sandhu = R1a1a
    Sidhu = R1a1a
    Sandher=R1a1a
    Sekhon =L1c
    Gosal =R1a1a
    Brar =R1a1a
    Virk = R1a1a
    Sarao = L1c
    Gill = L1c
    Bajawa =R1a1a
    Thind =L1c
    Cheema =J2a1j
    Dhadwar =R1a1a
    Chattha =R1a1a
    Athwal =J2a1c
    Grewal =L1c
    Nagra =R1a1a
    Saran =R2

etc. Will give you some links later.
    Last edited by paulgill; May 23rd, 2015 at 07:26 AM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulgill For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 22nd, 2015), lrburdak (May 22nd, 2015), prashantacmet (May 22nd, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post

----
    Send him back to school so he can learn abc and 123. Some propaganda by blacks and nothing more. Where is the genetic evidence?

The info provided by Paul Gill is very important and has been added to Wiki section -
    http://www.jatland.com/home/Khabra
    Laxman Burdak

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 22nd, 2015), paulgill (May 23rd, 2015), prashantacmet (May 22nd, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    The info provided by Paul Gill is very important and has been added to Wiki section -
    Thank you very much.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to paulgill For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (May 22nd, 2015)

They don't let me post the link for now as I am new here. Below is the information from the National Geographic Project Geno 2.0, results from genetic testing.

Your Deep Ancestry

maternal Line H14a

0.1%

paternal Line J-Z1853

0.3%

Modern humans started to leave Africa between 60,000 and 70,000 years ago. They traveled in groups, taking different paths and arriving at different destinations. These journeys can be traced through DNA “markers” that form the human genetic tree. Based on these personal markers, each person alive today can be assigned to a specific haplogroup, which identifies their branch on the tree.

Bains = R2
    Bal =R1a1a
    Sandhu = R1a1a
    Sidhu = R1a1a
    Sandher=R1a1a
    Sakhon =L1c
    Gosal =R1a1a
    Brar =R1a1a
    Virk = R1a1a
    Sarao = L1c
    Gill = L1c
    Bajawa =R1a1a
    Thind =L1c

Thanks for information provided.

We eagerly wait for the post of your promised further links/information.

Send him back to school so he can learn abc and 123. Some propaganda by blacks and nothing more. Where is the genetic evidence?
    Kindly let him share his findings, please.

Some hard facts/evidence to prove that it is 'propaganda by blacks and nothing more' is expected' as the right reply at your end.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

paulgill (May 23rd, 2015)

Your Deep Ancestry

maternal Line H14a

0.1%

paternal Line J-Z1853

0.3%

Bains = R2
    Bal =R1a1a
    Sandhu = R1a1a
    Sidhu = R1a1a
    Sandher=R1a1a
    Sakhon =L1c
    Gosal =R1a1a
    Brar =R1a1a
    Virk = R1a1a
    Sarao = L1c
    Gill = L1c
    Bajawa =R1a1a
    Thind =L1c

Thanks, very good info indeed. Please share anything what you can related to this and better if we can compare it with other communities.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

paulgill (May 23rd, 2015)