Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: History of Janghu Jat Gotra

Quote Originally Posted by drssrana2003 View Post
    I want to understand. Do the Bishnois call themselves 'Jats' or not?
    The case of Arya Samaj is different. The aryasamaji among the Jats have not Abandoned their caste i.e. Jat.The Bishnois have done that. Am I right?

Sir, Most of the Bishnois call themselves Jats apart from some Political Stunts as mentioned By Rajpal Ji.

Generally, when they are among other communities they distinguish themselves as Jats. When they are among Jats they distinguish themselves as Bishnoi. It's like first we introduce ourselves as Jats and then distinguish ourselves by our respective Gotras.

In nutshell, they still feel home with Jats apart from practicing some customs they adopted few hundred years back.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 21st, 2015), op1955 (October 21st, 2015), prashantacmet (October 21st, 2015)

Dr. Rajpal Ji,

For your convenience I would submit that for me Label means a name. I am deliberately using it to make a note where according to me a change in name of caste or community has changed for whatever reason. It is a mere technical device. If you prefer you can replace it by caste name or simply name. Shakespeare might have said the line ' what is in a nme, a rose is a rose by any other nsme'. But I believe there is a lot in a name. You may be knowing what happens to a gentle man when others by any reason give him a byon'k' which is not pleasnt in meaning. The famous story of the family suffering from the tyranny of the ' SurdaByonk' throwing a party only to find the 'Byonk' perpetuated.
    Last edited by drssrana2003; October 21st, 2015 at 01:23 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drssrana2003 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 21st, 2015), prashantacmet (October 21st, 2015), vijay (October 21st, 2015)

Dr. Rajpal Ji, I have already explained what I mean by the term Label and also why do I use it.

Incidently i am amused to see you find an expression 'disgusting'-especially when you have the authority of a moderator. Should I think that you are giving me some signal as a moderator. In that case I would have to think and take cudgel to protect my right to freedom of expression within the limits of propriety and decorum. Please enlighten me. I am not a rebel.I am already pained to find you blasting through words and expressions which can manage to avoid when commenting on the submissions of colleagues.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drssrana2003 For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (October 21st, 2015), vijay (October 21st, 2015)

Dr. Rajpal Ji,

For your convenience I would submit that for me Label means a name. I am deliberately using it to make a note where according to me a change in name of caste or community has changed for whatever reason. It is a mere technical device. If you prefer you can replace it by caste name or simply name. Shakespeare might have said the line ' what is in a nme, a rose is a rose by any other nsme'. But I believe there is a lot in a name. You may be knowing what happens to a gentle man when others by any reason give him a byon'k' which is not pleasnt in meaning. The famous story of the family suffering from the tyranny of the ' SurdaByonk' throwing a party only to find the 'Byonk' perpetuated.
    Thanks for your lucid clarification that for you 'label' means a name which you are deliberately using it.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Sir, Most of the Bishnois call themselves Jats apart from some Political Stunts as mentioned By Rajpal Ji. Generally, when they are among other communities they distinguish themselves as Jats. When they are among Jats they distinguish themselves as Bishnoi. It's like first we introduce ourselves as Jats and then distinguish ourselves by our respective Gotras.In nutshell, they still feel home with Jats apart from practicing some customs they adopted few hundred years back.
    Thanks for enlightening post , Friend !
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

vijay (October 21st, 2015)

Dr. Rajpal Ji, I have already explained what I mean by the term Label and also why do I use it.

Incidently i am amused to see you find an expression 'disgusting'-especially when you have the authority of a moderator. Should I think that you are giving me some signal as a moderator. In that case I would have to think and take cudgel to protect my right to freedom of expression within the limits of propriety and decorum. Please enlighten me. I am not a rebel.I am already pained to find you blasting through words and expressions which can manage to avoid when commenting on the submissions of colleagues.
    Dr Sahib,

The context of the use of word 'disgusting' has already been explained in my relevant post as I see the word 'Label' for 'Jat' !

Sir I have due respect for your right to freedom of expression and will be the last man to encroach it.

This is to put the record straight that I have never 'edited' or 'moderated' even a single word of your posts. I might have committed mistake of using some words while participating in discussion on certain issues which are not to your liking. But it has never been my intention to hurt feelings of any of the participants .

Perhaps so many questions put to you over the long period of deliberations, in a bid to quench my thirst from your experience and knowledge, seems not to your liking. This has caused the misunderstanding reflected in your post under reference. I promise not to ask questions on your posts which may prove detrimental to our personal relations. So feel secure on this count and keep enlightening us by your valuable contribution to the Jatland.com, as usual.

Thanks and best regards.

PS : Sir this has nothing to do with my being/not being editor/moderator - This is my humble submission as a younger brother and member of Jatland.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

vijay (October 21st, 2015)

Janga or Jangu Jat clan

Rajatarangini tells about Jaṅga, a leader of the army of the king to Rajapuri, accepted service under king Bhikshu (King of Kashmir in 1120 AD ), but he was more mindful of his own interests than of his master's. (Kings of Kashmira Vol 2 (Rajatarangini of Kalhana)/Book VIII,p.74)
    Laxman Burdak

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 9th, 2016)

We are compiling on Jatland all the Rivers of probable Jat areas. Many Rivers in Central Asia have names somewhat related with Jat clans. It is a matter of research to find correlation between Jat clans and names of Rivers. May be Jats have been rulers of the area and gave names to Rivers and other features. Same River has even different names over different periods. I was compiling Indus River and found following names:

Other names of Indus

• Daryā-e Sindh: In Urdu, the official language of Pakistan, the Indus is known as درياۓ سِندھ (Daryā-e Sindh).
    • Sindhu Nadī: In other languages of the region,
    • सिन्धु नदी (Sindhu Nadī) in Hindi,
    • Sindhu: سنڌو (Sindhu) in Sindhi, سندھ
    • Sindh: in Shahmukhi alphabet,
    • Sindh Nadī: ਸਿੰਧ ਨਦੀ (Sindh Nadī) in Gurmukhī alphabet,
    • સિંધુ નદી (Sindhu) in Gujarati;
    • Abāsin: اباسين (Abāsin, lit. "Father of Rivers") in Pashto,
    • Rūd-e Sind: رود سند (Rūd-e Sind) in Persian,
    • Nahar al-Sind: نهر السند (Nahar al-Sind) in Arabic,
    • Sênggê Zangbo: སེང་གེ།་གཙང་པོ (Sênggê Zangbo, lit. "Lion River") in Tibetan,
    • Yindu: 印度 (Yìndù) in Chinese, and
    • Nilab in Turki.

Sindhu name is certainly given by Sindhu Jats.

Nilab
    is given name by Nil which is still a Jat clan.

Sênggê Zangbo, lit. "Lion River") in Tibetan language. What I can make out of this Tibet word is that Zangbo name is for River. It may have probable links with Jangu clan?
    Laxman Burdak

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 27th, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    We are compiling on Jatland all the Rivers of probable Jat areas. Many Rivers in Central Asia have names somewhat related with Jat clans. It is a matter of research to find correlation between Jat clans and names of Rivers. May be Jats have been rulers of the area and gave names to Rivers and other features. Same River has even different names over different periods. I was compiling Indus River and found following names:

Other names of Indus

• Daryā-e Sindh: In Urdu, the official language of Pakistan, the Indus is known as درياۓ سِندھ (Daryā-e Sindh).
    • Sindhu Nadī: In other languages of the region,
    • सिन्धु नदी (Sindhu Nadī) in Hindi,
    • Sindhu: سنڌو (Sindhu) in Sindhi, سندھ
    • Sindh: in Shahmukhi alphabet,
    • Sindh Nadī: ਸਿੰਧ ਨਦੀ (Sindh Nadī) in Gurmukhī alphabet,
    • સિંધુ નદી (Sindhu) in Gujarati;
    • Abāsin: اباسين (Abāsin, lit. "Father of Rivers") in Pashto,
    • Rūd-e Sind: رود سند (Rūd-e Sind) in Persian,
    • Nahar al-Sind: نهر السند (Nahar al-Sind) in Arabic,
    • Sênggê Zangbo: སེང་གེ།་གཙང་པོ (Sênggê Zangbo, lit. "Lion River") in Tibetan,
    • Yindu: 印度 (Yìndù) in Chinese, and
    • Nilab in Turki.

Sindhu name is certainly given by Sindhu Jats.

Nilab
    is given name by Nil which is still a Jat clan.

Sênggê Zangbo, lit. "Lion River") in Tibetan language. What I can make out of this Tibet word is that Zangbo name is for River. It may have probable links with Jangu clan?
    Burdak Sahib, could you advise how to verify the probability suggested that Zangbo refers to Jangu clan ! Is there some more information available in any other source in your knowledge on the issue involved. If so kindly share please.

Thanks

Zangbo is Tibetan word for River. We need further research to find probable links withJangu clan. But seems here some pointer. Let us search some more literature from Tibet.
    Laxman Burdak

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 28th, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friends,

I am interested to know details about the Janghu Gotra Jats and their history. I am given to understand that Janghu and Bhalothia stock Jats belong to one and the same gotra; Is it so?

Have they any connexion with Janu, Jahnavi or any other gotra; this remains a moot question.

Are there any references available about them in our epics, mythological literature, I do not know?

I invite the JatLand.com contributers to shed some light on the history of Janghu Gotra Jats and their villages in Haryana, Rajasthan and other places.

Names of present day distinguished persons of this gotra could be forwarded so that they may be contacted for finding out their roots in the past history.

Regards,

Dr. Raj Pal Singh

The root word and the correct word "Eurasian" word can be "Jan". Which is a very common, boy's name in Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_(name)
    Last edited by maddhan1979; October 31st, 2016 at 10:09 AM.

Origin of Janghu

Janghu is also spelled as Jhangu. In Kashmir and Punjab Pakistan and areas of Afghanistan J and Jh have no difference in pronunciation. As Panini said - Jat Jhat Sanghate. Meaning Jat and Jhat are both used for Sangha. On this logic I strongly believe that the origin of Janghu clan is Jhang.

Jhang (Punjabi/Urdu: جھنگ,Hindi:झंग) is the principle city of Jhang District in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is home of many Jat clans. Many Jat clans have migrated from Jhang and came to India. So the home of Janghu clan is Jhang.

Rajatarangini tells about Jaṅga, a leader of the army of the king to Rajapuri, accepted service under king Bhikshu (King of Kashmir in 1120 AD ), but he was more mindful of his own interests than of his master's. (Kings of Kashmira Vol 2 (Rajatarangini of Kalhana)/Book VIII,p.74)

The king Janga mentioned in Rajatarangini above was most probably from city of Jhang in the Punjab province of Pakistan

Thus king Janga of Rajauri may be treated as king of Janghu clan.
    Laxman Burdak

Friends,

I am interested to know details about the Janghu Gotra Jats and their history. I am given to understand that Janghu and Bhalothia stock Jats belong to one and the same gotra; Is it so?

Have they any connexion with Janu, Jahnavi or any other gotra; this remains a moot question.

Are there any references available about them in our epics, mythological literature, I do not know?

I invite the JatLand.com contributers to shed some light on the history of Janghu Gotra Jats and their villages in Haryana, Rajasthan and other places.

Names of present day distinguished persons of this gotra could be forwarded so that they may be contacted for finding out their roots in the past history.

Regards,

Dr. Raj Pal Singh

Clue to this family name might be present in Eurasia and the languages spoken by the tribes located in this region in ancient times.

A prominent feature of many European languages is that alphabet "J" is replaced with alphabet "Y".

A simple example is name "Julia" is written and spoken as "Yulia" in many places throughout Eurasia, if i remember correctly.

So, if the word "Janghu", has ancient origins, which i think it has, then replacing "J" with "Y", it becomes "Yanghu".

It is possible that in ancient tribal terminology, it is a combination of two words "Yang + hu", where "Hu", can very well mean a "Hun".

"Jan" or "Yan", is common Eurasian name for a male.

So, it is possible that origin of this family name might be present in tribes of central Eurasia.

The root and exact pronunciation of this name might be present in ancient Scythian, Hunnish, Parthian, etc., languages of central Eurasia .
    Last edited by maddhan1979; August 4th, 2017 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post
    Clue to this family name might be present in plains of Eurasia and the languages spoken by the tribes located in this region in ancient times.

A prominent feature of many European languages is that alphabet "J" is replaced with alphabet "Y".

A simple example is name "Julia" is written and spoken as "Yulia" in many places throughout Eurasia, if i remember correctly.

So, if the word "Janghu", has ancient origins, which i think it has, then replacing "J" with "Y", it becomes "Yanghu".

It is very much possible that in ancient tribal terminology, it is a combination of two words "Yang + hu", where "Hu", can very well mean a "Hun".

"Jan" or ""Yan", is common Eurasian name for a male.

So, it is possible that origin of this family name might be present in tribes of central Eurasia.

The root and exact pronunciation of this name might be present in ancient Scythian, Hunnish, Parthian, etc., languages of central Eurasia .

Friend,

Pure hypocritical statement as you cannot explain what for ''Tewatia/teotia'' stands in association with your name.

Excuse me if it hurts you to be face to face with truth.

regards
    It could literally means that these are the people from "Tibet", or the migration route of these people was through "Tibet"
    Last edited by maddhan1979; February 6th, 2017 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    Rajpalji

Samvarana the descendant of Janhu then with his wife and ministers, sons and relatives, fled in fear, and took shelter in the forest on the banks of the Sindhu extending to the foot of the mountains. There the Bharatas lived for a full thousand years, within their fort.

The above description gives hints about migration. If we can find a country and language in which 'g' is silent then both Janghu and Janhu become same. And this is not impossible.
    alphabet "J" is replaceable with "Y', so "Jan" becomes "Yan" in central Eurasian Languages

Quote Originally Posted by paulgill View Post
    "Not so far.

But on the one hand in your earlier post you say written words even on inscriptions are no history and on the other you suggest us to rely upon records of reed and ink kept by Pandas at Gangaghat. What to do, suggest !"

You seem to be interested in such information, so the suggestion was made. One does not have to believe all that the Pandas have written down, but, as with all the information from all other sources, why not look into this source too, there might be some useful information there also?

Why I prefer the genetic information is because it eliminates all the guess work. One might be known as an Indo Aryan and the information from all sources may be definitely pointing to that, but if the person is later proven genetically to be of the lineage of Panya or Onga, of what use all such information then be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_...s_on_Microfilm
    Records on Microfilm

Starting around 1977,[3] Hindu genealogy records were microfilmed, and later housed at the Genealogical Society of Utah (GSU), USA since 1981, other places in these records having records of Hindu families are Kurukshetra, Pehowa, Chintpurni, Jawalapur, and Jawalamukhi [8][9][10] The Genealogical Society of Utah currently restricts online access to the Hindu genealogy records to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church)[citation needed].

http://genealogysstar.blogspot.ca/20...1194-2012.html
    World is and has been fighting wars based on religions and economics, so records can easily be manipulated and shown in the light of religious and economical interests.

Clue to this family name might be present in plains of Eurasia and the languages spoken by the tribes located in this region in ancient times.

It is very much possible that in ancient tribal terminology, it is a combination of two words "Yang + hu", where "Hu", can very well mean a "Hun".

The word "Yan + hu / Jan+hu", in this context can very well have emerged from Eurasian plains.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; October 31st, 2016 at 06:26 PM.

Replace "J" with "Y", in the following "Yin and Yang"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang

Replace "J" with "Y", in the following "Yin and Yang"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang
    This is a theoretical concept and nothing to do with colors. It is just symbolic gesture.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; November 1st, 2016 at 09:45 PM.