Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Janghu Jat Gotra

History of Janghu Jat Gotra

Friends,

I am interested to know details about the Janghu Gotra Jats and their history. I am given to understand that Janghu and Bhalothia stock Jats belong to one and the same gotra; Is it so?

Have they any connexion with Janu, Jahnavi or any other gotra; this remains a moot question.

Are there any references available about them in our epics, mythological literature, I do not know?

I invite the JatLand.com contributers to shed some light on the history of Janghu Gotra Jats and their villages in Haryana, Rajasthan and other places.

Names of present day distinguished persons of this gotra could be forwarded so that they may be contacted for finding out their roots in the past history.

Regards,

Dr. Raj Pal Singh

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012)

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

cooljat (December 28th, 2011), DrRajpalSingh (December 28th, 2011), JSRana (December 28th, 2011), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (February 17th, 2012)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to premsukhdidel For This Useful Post:

Jangoo and Janghu seem to be the same gotra, difference only on phonetic representation in different areas. Am I right? If so description about them on Jat form wiki may be considered to be merged.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

helo sir,,, bhalothia is not a gotra its a title used by jangu gotra jats of bhaloth vollage situated in buhana mandal of jhunjhunnu district in rajasthan....village bhaloth was founded by the great jangu warrior bhal...earlier name of bhaloth is dhaula khera., before bhal founded bhaloth...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bhalothiya For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 17th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (February 17th, 2012), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (February 17th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (February 17th, 2012), vikasbhalothia (April 27th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhalothiya View Post
    helo sir,,, bhalothia is not a gotra its a title used by jangu gotra jats of bhaloth vollage situated in buhana mandal of jhunjhunnu district in rajasthan....village bhaloth was founded by the great jangu warrior bhal...earlier name of bhaloth is dhaula khera., before bhal founded bhaloth...
    Friend,

Thanks for the very valuable information. You are welcome on the JatLand.com through this post.

Would you be kind enough to share the names of the Janghu villages known to you in India.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

navdeepkhatkar (February 17th, 2012), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (February 17th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (February 17th, 2012)

i have no interest in goth.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to drskteotia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by drsk[COLOR=#ff0000
    teotia[/COLOR]i have no interest in goth.
    drskteotia

हा हा हा हा |
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ravinderjeet For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (April 9th, 2012), deependra (March 25th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (March 17th, 2012), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012), ssgoyat (May 31st, 2013), Sure (March 16th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (March 16th, 2012), vikda (March 18th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by ravinderjeet View Post
    drskteotia

हा हा हा हा |

लाजवाब !!!!
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vijaykajla1 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (March 17th, 2012), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012), Sure (March 16th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by drskteotia View Post
    drskteotia
    This is where genetic deficiency play its role.
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
    Everyone in Our life is going to hurt us, sooner or later. But we have to decide. what's more important? The Pain Or The Person.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (March 17th, 2012), paulgill (May 22nd, 2015), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012), ravinderjeet (March 16th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (April 1st, 2012), vijaykajla1 (March 16th, 2012), vikda (March 18th, 2012)

Friend,

Pure hypocritical statement as you cannot explain what for ''Tewatia/teotia'' stands in association with your name.

Excuse me if it hurts you to be face to face with truth.

regards

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

deependra (March 25th, 2012), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012), ravinderjeet (March 17th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (April 1st, 2012), Sure (March 17th, 2012)

regards to you Sir. But Jangu is goth and not gotra. To the best of my knowledge Jats of all languages till today pronounce it as goth/got from India to europe in all languages.

I forgot to put sign of smile.

keep it up.

with kind regards

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drskteotia For This Useful Post:

paulgill (May 22nd, 2015), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012)

[Wiki]Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 10[/Wiki] mentions Geography of Varsha that is called after Bharatavarsha, The Mountains, The Rivers. The Provinces, Kings & Kshatriyas : There it gives a Long list of 300 tribes. We find Jangala in Shloka 37.

अत ऊर्ध्वं जनपथान निबॊध गथतॊ मम ।
    तत्रेमे कुरुपाञ्चालाः शाल्व माद्रेय जाङ्गलाः ।। Mahabharata (VI.10.37)

Jangala may have some connection with Jangoo clan. We need further research in this matter.
    Laxman Burdak

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (March 25th, 2012), paulgill (May 22nd, 2015), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (April 1st, 2012), Sure (March 25th, 2012)

regards to you Sir. But Jangu is goth and not gotra. To the best of my knowledge Jats of all languages till today pronounce it as goth/got from India to europe in all languages.

I forgot to put sign of smile.

keep it up.

with kind regards

Thanks for newer views on the issue.

It would add to our existing state of knowledge if you could throw light on the meaning of three words 'goth' / 'got' and 'gotra' . Because ordinary meaning of the Sanskrit word 'GOTRA' and Hindi word 'GOT' is taken as inter-changeable and used as such by common Indians and also taken to donate sub-caste, e.g. main caste --Jat, Sub-caste--Janghu in Indian context.

How and to convey what the Europeans use goth, got, gotra, I do not know. So, this request to you, kindly share the meaning and difference between these three words, if you could.

Secondly, you had mentioned in earlier post that you do not have interest in gotra system, now kindly let us know whether you still continue to hold the same belief and use 'Tewtia' with your name to denote your gotra. You have not been kind enough to throw light on the issue.

Thanks.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Fateh (March 26th, 2012), JSRana (March 25th, 2012), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012), ravinderjeet (March 25th, 2012), Sure (March 25th, 2012)

Sir, Jats are found in between the indo european civilization i.e. indus 2 ganges. the word gotra originated from sanskrit. my humble submission is that sanskrit originated from various indo-european languages of jats; n its not vice versa. similar is history of gotra.

got n jat were misused by indo-gangetic pandits. they were converted in gotra n jatis.

like jangu, tewatia is got n not gotra.
    Last edited by drskteotia; March 31st, 2012 at 02:46 AM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drskteotia For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (April 9th, 2012), paulgill (May 22nd, 2015), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012)

with kind regards.

jhang-maghiana of un-divided punjab is also after jangu.
    Last edited by drskteotia; March 31st, 2012 at 03:36 AM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drskteotia For This Useful Post:

paulgill (May 22nd, 2015), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012)

with kind regards.

jhang-maghiana of un-divided punjab is also after jangu.
    Friend,

Thanks for the information. It would be appreceiated if you kindly quote the source and share the location of the area. Do Janghu/Jangu are still found there.

regards.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

a big question Sir. Jats are not found after ganges/chambal in east and after indus in west. that does not mean that jats nvr ruled that area. british/moughul ruled india but how many of them are found here?

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drskteotia For This Useful Post:

maddhan1979 (June 1st, 2013), paulgill (May 22nd, 2015), prashantacmet (April 9th, 2012), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012)

a big question Sir. Jats are not found after ganges/chambal in east and after indus in west. that does not mean that jats nvr ruled that area. british/moughul ruled india but how many of them are found here?

Friend,

Just queries, neither big nor small! If you could share information with you on the issue, if any, that would be an addition to our knowledge.

Regards.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

jhanghu and maggu founded jhang-maghiana. The name is like prar-joon (Brar (brar is pronounced as prar in pnjabbi) and Joon). Its like allahabad pillar inscription of Samudra Gupt, where Prar-joon is inscribhed.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drskteotia For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (April 20th, 2012), paulgill (May 22nd, 2015), rajpaldular (April 27th, 2012)