Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Foeticide Stigma on the face of Indian Society

The figures & logic brought out by the article seems to be true.

Thanks DND Sir.
    Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.
    That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.
    :D

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JSRana For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (March 18th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by singhvp View Post
    Charity begins at home. One must resolve not to accept or give away dowry. People must get together to boycott marriages where dowry takes place.
    Friend,

Good suggestion, worth consideration! This may be a logical deterrent to infanticide! What do you think, come up with your logical arguments please.

Thanks.

Alarming bells of a new danger to be borne as Girl! According to the News Paper reports from Haryana alone, a very shocking and heart breaking trend has emerged in a very alarming manner as during the last seven days six girls have been reportedly abandoned incognito by their parents.
    This is another bad omen for the female life expectancy as the girls are in the first week of their life.

Think, where we are bound to go if this type of maltreatment to female child continues in our society.

For details see The Times of India, Delhi ed. page 3 dated May 1, 2012 or

Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; May 1st, 2012 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friend,

Good suggestion, worth consideration! This may be a logical deterrent to infanticide! What do you think, come up with your logical arguments please.

Thanks.
    Khap panchayats can play a big role at least they have a lot of influence in villages and by doing this they can show their capabilities in social reforms also .... my 2 cents

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SumitJattan For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 3rd, 2012)

As per some scientists their is a new method on its way in which sex of foetus can be determined using the blood sample of pregnant women ... These tests might have very bad adverse results in our state ( Haryana) ... I am not sure about the cost of test ..but this test has an accuracy of 95 to 99 % and European companies are offering this technology directly to customer using internet .... its actual purpose is to fix the gene disorders ..... I am sure if this tech reaches India then we can modify it into a mere sex determination tool .

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0809162000.htm

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SumitJattan For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (May 2nd, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (May 2nd, 2012), satyenderdeswal (May 2nd, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by SumitJattan View Post
    As per some scientists their is a new method on its way in which sex of foetus can be determined using the blood sample of pregnant women ... These tests might have very bad adverse results in our state ( Haryana) ... I am not sure about the cost of test ..but this test has an accuracy of 95 to 99 % and European companies are offering this technology directly to customer using internet .... its actual purpose is to fix the gene disorders ..... I am sure if this tech reaches India then we can modify it into a mere sex determination tool .

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0809162000.htm
    Let us remember science is both boon and bane, it depends on man how he faces it.

To give incentive to those parents who have one girl child only, the Collector of Jaipur has devised a scheme suggesting the local 14 prominent schools to reserve seats to them and consider granting fee concession/freeship to such girl students. This is a welcome step.

If implemented, it would lead to bettering sex ratio in the society and more constructive steps are required to stop girls being killed before they born.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

ravinderjeet (May 12th, 2012)

To give incentive to those parents who have one girl child only, the Collector of Jaipur has devised a scheme suggesting the local 14 prominent schools to reserve seats to them and consider granting fee concession/freeship to such girl students. This is a welcome step.

If implemented, it would lead to bettering sex ratio in the society and more constructive steps are required to stop girls being killed before they born.
    Sir, with due respect, shouldn't the efforts be made to change the mindset towards girl child, instead of announcing incentive?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to malikdeepak1 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 12th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by malikdeepak1 View Post
    Sir, with due respect, shouldn't the efforts be made to change the mindset towards girl child, instead of announcing incentive?
    Friend,

Both are complimentary of each other. Perhaps, incentive on the issue could bring about some change in the mindset too!

Regards

Govt can't change the mindset, it can only pass the law and give incentives. To change the mindset you need a social reformer, and Jat belt desperately needs a reformer.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 14th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by deshi-jat View Post
    Govt can't change the mindset, it can only pass the law and give incentives. To change the mindset you need a social reformer, and Jat belt desperately needs a reformer.

Friend,

You are absolutely correct that the malaise has so deep roots in our minds that only passage of bills or government decrees can not go far in curing the diseased minds. The need of the hour is arrival on scene some great charismatic person who could bring about long overdue social changes and thus salvage the position and status of the Girl Child in our homes.

Regards

Kaunse effort bhai.. Apni sarkar nai nyu to bera koni ke kaam kyukar kara jaya kare(Khair bera to saara sai,, lekin jai nyu kaam shuru kar diye to note kyukar banege)..Collector tai saare kaam pakda rakhe sain..bichara ke ke karee. Humari sarkar ki anusar "Collector" ek jaadugar hai. Uske pass jaadu ki chaddi hai..usko sabhi kaam aate hain.. To bhai,,Apni jeb bharan do nai loggan nai..kyu tung kar re ho innai.. Apni Janta raazi sai apne sarkari naukran tai..Aar apni janta kai kimme farak bhi na padta issi issi battan tai..innai saun do.
    Last edited by vicky84; May 14th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

malikdeepak1 (May 15th, 2012), ravinderjeet (May 14th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    Kaunse effort bhai.. Apni sarkar nai nyu to bera koni ke kaam kyukar kara jaya kare(Khair bera to saara sai,, lekin jai nyu kaam shuru kar diye to note kyukar banege)..Collector tai saare kaam pakda rakhe sain..bichara ke ke karee. Humari sarkar ki anusar "Collector" ek jaadugar hai. Uske pass jaadu ki chaddi hai..usko sabhi kaam aate hain.. To bhai,,Apni jeb bharan do nai loggan nai..kyu tung kar re ho innai.. Apni Janta raazi sai apne sarkari naukran tai..Aar apni janta kai kimme farak bhi na padta issi issi battan tai..innai saun do.
    Friend

You will agree that awareness among public about the evils being faced by the society including the evil practice of killing girl child before she is born is the need of the hour.

Regards

Friend

You will agree that awareness among public about the evils being faced by the society including the evil practice of killing girl child before she is born is the need of the hour.

Regards

Respected Sir,

I agree with you on this. Public awareness is must but we should not ignore the fact that government machinery is also incapable in bringing any significant change except very few cases. This practice(Female foeticide) started as a result of incorrect decision by our elite bureaucracy. So bureaucracy should be punished first for making the wrong call. We pay taxes and in return we expect service. These public servants are not doing anything for free. Our public administration is following bad practices to deal with challenges we are facing today. Unless we do not fix our bureaucracy, its very hard to achieve objectives. If you want a debate on this, I can prove what I said.

Thank You
    Last edited by vicky84; May 15th, 2012 at 08:50 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 15th, 2012)

Respected Sir,

I agree with you on this. Public awareness is must but we should not ignore the fact that government machinery is also incapable in bringing any change. This practice(Female foeticide) started as a result of incorrect decision by our elite bureaucracy. So bureaucracy should be punished first for making the wrong call. We pay taxes and in return we expect service. These public servants are not doing anything for free. Our public administration is following bad practices to deal with challenges we are facing today. Unless we do not fix our bureaucracy, its very hard to achieve objectives. If you want a debate on this, I can prove what I said.
    Thank You
    Friend,
    You are right that public servants are not doing anything free and I am also not contesting the fact that bureaucracy is being paid salary out of the funds raised through revenue collection from the public and for which they are expected to serve the tax payers.

Before I could proceed further on the issue, it would be nice if you could throw some light on the decision of the bureaucracy referred to in your post: "This practice(Female foeticide) started as a result of incorrect decision by our elite bureaucracy. "

Thanks.

Friend,
    You are right that public servants are not doing anything free and I am also not contesting the fact that bureaucracy is being paid salary out of the funds raised through revenue collection from the public and for which they are expected to serve the tax payers.

Before I could proceed further on the issue, it would be nice if you could throw some light on the decision of the bureaucracy referred to in your post: "This practice(Female foeticide) started as a result of incorrect decision by our elite bureaucracy. "

Thanks.
    Respected Sir,

Kindly watch Satyameva Jayate first episode video. Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3jRK...feature=relmfu

Thanks

It is nice suggestion, Friend.

Respected Sir,

Kindly watch Satyameva Jayate first episode video. Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3jRK...feature=relmfu

Thanks
    Friends,
    Kindly read the following report also:
    Around 225 women members of the Gram Sabha of the village Panchayat of [[Bibipur]] village in [[Jind]] district of Haryana held the first all-women meeting chaired by Sarpanch Sunil Jaglan on female foeticide and decided to set up a four member committee each in all 14 wards of the village to keep track of the programme.

The ward committee consisting one male member and three women would remain in contact with pregnant women and get the names of the pregnant women registered in the second month of the pregnancy in the Panchayat record book.

The members of the Sabha also decided to report the violation if any to the sarpanch who has been authorised to take legal action against the accused.
    [ Kindly log in: www.tribuneindia.com dated June 19, 2012 for further details and photograph]

Would women and youth of other villages come forward to take up the challenge to save the unborn girl child in the way the All Women Sabha of Bibipur has shown!

Thanks.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

satyenderdeswal (June 20th, 2012), sunillathwal (June 20th, 2012)

Sir main aapki es baat se bilkul bhi sahmat nahi hun ki es samasya ko badhane me mahilao ka yogdan hai, han agar aap ese kahte ki es samasya ko mahilaon ki madad se badhaya gya to sahmat ho sakti thi. Dhyan dene wali bat hai ki Samasya ka saara thikara aapne to mahilao/ Saas par dal diya. Par agar wo Pota hone par agar jor de rahi hai to wo aisa kyn kar rahi his es par bhui to dhyan dena chahiye...Wo aisa apne liye nhi kar rahi hai , yahan par bhi swarthsidhi to purush ki hi ho rahi hai...Purush ko bete chahiye apna nam badhane k liye, apne sharir ko aag dene k liye, Aur kahin JL par hi kahin yah bhi padha ki agriculturalist Jatiyon ko apne Krishi karyon k liye adhik poorushon ki jaroorat thi esliye, beton ki demand jyada thi.
    Mahilao ka en sab se direct kya lena dena??Sab purush dristikon hi hai. Ek aur bat ki mahilaon ko agar thoda bahut power aur space milti hai to uske liye use "BETON KI MA" hona jaroori hai, kai betiyan hone aur koi beta na hone par hamesha use ye dar bhi rahta hai ki uska pati dusri shadi kar lega, beta paida karne ka mental pressure mahilayen jhelti hain. Saas ko apni power dikhane k liye bahu hi milti hai so she tries there, kynki larger structure me uski pahchan bhi usse milti hai, aur ye pahchan use purush de dete hain kynki purushon ka kam Saas khud kar deti.
    Quote Originally Posted by raka View Post
    देश में एक नारा चला " हम दो हमारे दो " | अब बात देश की थी तो जाटों ने इस नारे को सर आँखों पे लेना ही था | पर इसमें अपनी तरफ से थोड़ा सा संसोधन कर दिया की बालक दो हो पर दोनों छोरे ही हो क्योंकि एक आँख का के बंद करना और के खोलना | इस आँख खोलन के चक्कर में यह भूल गए के आगे चल कर इनके घर क्यूकर खुलेंगे ? इस समस्या को बढाने में सबसे बड़ा योगदान रहा नारी जाति का | नारी ही नारी की सबसे बड़ी दुश्मन हैं | सांसु बहु के दिमाग में बैठा देती के पोते का मूंह देखना हैं | छोरा माँ की बात पर एतराज करे तो उस पर लांछन लग जाए की यो तो बहु का गुलाम हो लिया | मर्द जात से यह औरत की गुलामी वाला लांछन बर्दास्त नहीं होता तो इस लांछन से बेहतर हैं की माँ की मान ली जाए | जबकि बेटी हमेशा बाप की लाडली होती हैं | इन सबके के चक्कर में आज हालत यह हो गए की गाँव में भैंस की साईं वाला भी सगाई वाला दिखने लगा | पर अब हालात पहले से सुधर रहे हैं लोगो के समस्या समझ आ रही हैं |

Respected Sir,

I agree with you on this. Public awareness is must but we should not ignore the fact that government machinery is also incapable in bringing any significant change except very few cases. This practice(Female foeticide) started as a result of incorrect decision by our elite bureaucracy. So bureaucracy should be punished first for making the wrong call. We pay taxes and in return we expect service. These public servants are not doing anything for free. Our public administration is following bad practices to deal with challenges we are facing today. Unless we do not fix our bureaucracy, its very hard to achieve objectives. If you want a debate on this, I can prove what I said. Thank You
    Dear Friend,

Instead of fixing responsibility on either side, the public awareness covers all sides, and to it we must come forward to contribute our humble mite. The path shown by the residents of Bibipur can be a model to be adopted with suitable amendments according to the needs of area specific problem. I do not oppose your raising the demand of improvement in the functioning of government machinery. That must be taken care by the policy makers at the highest level. But it must be remembered that we cannot allow further drift in the male female ration of population till the time the bureaucracy is tuned to be able to come to the level of the expectations of the people.

The much hated problem needs immediate attention of the sensitive public to join the awareness campaign.

Thanks.