Thread: Population of Jats in India

Population of Jats in India

Here is the most information on the population of Jat in India and Western UP

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-...e1-797307.aspx

As per the link above The Jat population in India is believed to be around 8.25 crore. In UP, the caste comprises less than 6% of population but their dense presence in the state’s western part affects more than 50 assembly seats.

Thanks

Sanjeev

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rajoura For This Useful Post:

satyenderdeswal (January 17th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (January 16th, 2012)

Don't know how authentic these figures of 8.25 crores are, but if it is true then it's a great figure. It means we are around 6.5 % in India. It's a huge % as a caste/race.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to upendersingh For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (January 16th, 2012)

Sounds a bit on the high side. I had earlier heard estimates of 3 crore or so..

Does this include sikh jatts?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (January 16th, 2012)

Yes it does include Jatt Sikh as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kapdal View Post
    Sounds a bit on the high side. I had earlier heard estimates of 3 crore or so..

Does this include sikh jatts?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rajoura For This Useful Post:

kapdal (January 16th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (January 16th, 2012)

Bhaio agar aap logo to male is female ka ratio pta ho to share kare.....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

ashishsehrawat9 (January 19th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (January 16th, 2012)

Can we update this population info on the wikepedia and on Jatland. Jat polulation in India is about 8.5 crore as per link below:

Thanks

Sanjeev

Let us wait for the caste census figures to update. This figure is not authentic.

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

Moar (February 20th, 2012), Prikshit (February 27th, 2012)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    I believe, its quality and not the quantity that matters. Muslims are more than 90% in Pakistan and Afghanistan and still they are doing badly.

So, instead of counting heads, need to think -

1. How many good leaders we have - who represent us well in all forums - state assemblies and lower and upper houses of the govt. Remember, you dont need to count 'Leader who are Jats' (Ajit Singh type) but 'the Jat-Leaders'.

2. Which are areas our lads dominate others - Sports - Army and next? How to make presence felt all over. For example - Acads, IT, Research etc etc.

3. What can be done next to make community feel proud?

Quote Originally Posted by rajoura View Post
    Here is the most information on the population of Jat in India and Western UP

As per the link above The Jat population in India is believed to be around 8.25 crore. In UP, the caste comprises less than 6% of population but their dense presence in the state’s western part affects more than 50 assembly seats.

Thanks

Sanjeev

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to anilsangwan For This Useful Post:

amankadian (September 14th, 2014), deshi-jat (February 25th, 2012), Hariom1972 (February 21st, 2012), jksangwan (February 21st, 2012), Prikshit (February 27th, 2012), ravinderjeet (February 20th, 2012)

Bhaiyon

The only thing I requested was that to update Jat population info on Jatland. App sabh logon ne 10 salah de dein. Somebody is saying population is kuch nahin hota, someone is saying lets wait till caste census.

I know very well popualtion is kuch nahin hota. For your info in Democracy Population is the most important factor in voting. However, agar kuch nahin hota than we should also take away the current population info which is about 3 crore on Jatland. If we have to wait till caste census report comes out than why should we continue with 3 crore population info.

Moderator- If I make sense could you please update the population info on Jatland.

Thanks
    \
    Sanjeev