Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: root canal treatment(RCT)-dental education

thanks karminder .for wisdom teeth they gave me general anesthesia.it was a horrible experience.I was vomiting out blood because of the nausea caused by anesthesia.I could not eat anything solid for two weeks. but you are right wisdom teeth should be removed at young age.they cause troubles only and are of no use.13 yrs ago when i came to usa for the first time i got filling done in India.right after we landed on chicago airport i saw an Indian uncle ji selling popcorns.I am not a big fan of eating popcorns but bought it bcoz i was already missing india so much.on the very first bite only the filling came out and i was in terrible pain.we did not have any insurance then but somehow with the help of an american lady found a doctor who billed us couple of weeks after we got the insurance.so moral of the story is people with fillings and without insurance never eat popcorns.[
    Quote Originally Posted by drkarminder View Post
    ..good..i m happy that i m getting the same response to this thread that i expected..jatlanders who are staying abroad should get more advantage bes karminder .for wisdom teeth they gave me general anesthesia.it was a horrible experience.I was vomiting out blood because of the nausea caused by anesthesia.I could not eat anything solid for two weeks. but you are right wisdom teeth should be removed at young age.they cause troubles only and are of no use.13 yrs ago when i came to usa for the first time i got filling done in India.right after we landed on chicago airport i saw an Indian uncle ji selling popcornsea.I am not a big fan of eating popcorns but bought it bcoz i was already missing india so much.on the very first bite only the filling came out and i was in terrible pain.we did not have any insurance then but somehow with the help of an american lady found a doctor who billed us couple of weeks after we got the insurance.so moral of the story is people with fillings and without insurance never eat popcorns.[cause i can understand that they hv to think many times before visiting a dentists as dental treatment is very costly there...
    ..i hope ur treatment was done by an endodontist nd its not giving any problem now...
    ..if u hv any problem in future .please feel free to ask..

..one more thing if u hv ur pre and post operative x ray reports...mail me ,i will tell u the status of ur root canal treatement...
    ..ur dentist must be having those xrays in ur patient record..
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ritu For This Useful Post:

drkarminder (January 18th, 2012)

DND UNCLE
    MY MOM USE THAT TOOTHPASTE.

SENSODYN is the name
    you can use it twice a week or regular according to senstivity even u can apply to particular teeth.dnt use it on gums or swallow it.
    IF U WANT TO GIVE SUMTHING TO OTHERS
    GIVE THE SMILE N RESPECT.
    REMEMBER ITS EASY TO BREAK ANYTHING BUT REVERSE IS NOT TRUE.
    ENJOY THE HUMAN SPIRIT.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preetikhatri For This Useful Post:

drkarminder (January 18th, 2012), ssgoyat (January 20th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post

Thanks for starting this thread, Dr. Karminder.

A friend of mine says that when he eats sour, spicy or chilly-stuff or sweets (Burfi, chocolate etc.), he feels acute pain on two upper teeth (one wisdom tooth and its adjoining one). He says that in India, there is a toothpaste (name not known to him) which is recommended by dentists in such cases and with its regular use, this problem is solved to some extent. What is its name and how long it needs to be used and how many times per day?

If you prefer to charge fee for this consultation, e-mail it to me – fee will be paid subsequently !

..dayanand sir..
    .as u said ur friend is feeling sensitivity with different food stuffs...specially if he is feeling wd sour and sweet foods mean he has problem of acute sensitivity...
    ..sensitivity in teeth wd old age is a common problem as with ageing our teeth wear off to sm extent exposing the inner core known as dentin..
    ..dentin is highly sensitive to any stimulus specially hot,cold,sour and sweet...
    .. as per my knowledge ur friend is talking about SENSODENT/SENSODYNE tooth paste from india..it is a desensitizing tooth paste that with time blocks ur dentin nd u dont feel any sensitivity wd these food stuffs...
    ..he is ur frnd so, i think he should be more than 40..in old age sensitivity also happen through gums..when wd age the gum is detached from tooth than a pocket is formed nd if anything stuck in that pocket,u feel sensitivity..
    .. so, for immediate relief i advise him another recently launched paste by colgate..COLGATE PRO-ARGIN..argin is a protein that within minute blocks dentin nd give u immediate relief in 10-15 minutes..
    ..so ask ur friend to purchase this paste nd ask him to apply it over the effected area nd leave for 1 minute..after that rinse it away with water..
    ..if he wants long and permanent relief use this paste twice daily with tooth brush...

..sir i m ur son's age....so just give me ur blessings instead of fee...
    Last edited by drkarminder; January 18th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

vikda (January 18th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by kapdal View Post
    Thanks Dr. Karminder, really appreciate it.

I am going to shoot her an email and ask her which cleaning she did, based on the details you told me. I think she was talking about hidden residue in gums - subgingval. Now after your explanation, I don't understand why she wants me to see a dental hygienist (and that too 3 times a year) if the hygienist isn't authorised to do it.

The bill says "Scale and polish" for the services provided, so she might have just polished the teeth (that I never wanted in the first place). I am going to be quite pissed about it as she was done with me in less than 30 minutes, but charged me for 30 min - 1 hour of consultation + 30 min of cleaning. The shocking part is that they don't give a diagnosis - she didnt even give me my X-rays. Let me give her some hard time about supragingival and subgingival...

She had recommended a special anti-bacterial mouthwash Curaseptic that stops formation of plaque. I got that but it says "use for 10 days. Consult dentist if you need to continue further". Is it something I can continue using? I am basically looking for non-intervention ways where I can clean my gums myself (maybe over a long period of time).

As for filling, it was more than 5 years back. These days I sometimes feel something funny (A bit of a stretch to call it pain), but I think it is psychological since she put it in my mind. (Is it possible that she knocked off my filling while cleaning - "ki ab to aayega hi waapas" )

Thanks again for your kind and elaborate answer.
    ..dear kapil..
    ..first thing is that polishing of teeth is never done before cleaning..so,definitely she has not polished ur teeth nd cleaning and polishing can not be completed in 30 minutes..
    ..she has adviced curaseptic mouth wash...o.k this mouthwash actually contain chlorhexidine as basic drug...chlorhexidine is a strong and highly effective antiplaque agent that prevent daily plaque formation...but the main disadvatage is that it tends to stain the teeth brown on long term use..thats why it is not prescribed for long use..nd u hv to consult ur dentist if u want to continue it for long time..
    ..second thing is that, dear kapil..before ur treatement u must hv sign one consent that says that u were informed about the whole procedure nd likely consequences nd that u are undergoing the treatment by ur own will.
    ..so before doing anything just see wt type of consent u hv signed..
    ..about ur filling i wd like to say that keep it like that till d time u visit india...
    We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done

8. The Following User Says Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

kapdal (January 18th, 2012)

[QUOTE=kapdal;295148]Dr. Karminder, is it advisable to get this removed? I think I read a report that some X% of surgeries fail (1%?) and may lead to serious issues like paralysis. And is there a way to say when to get removed? In UK, apparently many dentists advise this for no good reason just to make the huge surgery fees.[/QUOTE]

..good.. o.k let me eloborate...sm wisdom teeth because of their abnormal position are very close to inferior alveolar nerve that supply our all the teeth on one side nd with improper preoperative diagnosis smtime this nerve is injured and u feel numbness(paralysed u said) in half of the lower jaw on same side..but that is a case only in lower jaw..upper wisdom teeth never do complication while removal..
    .yeah there is a way when to remove nd it says that if u dont feel problem dont get it removed..but after seeing its abnormal position we can predict the coming problem and ask the patient to get it removed before smthing bad happen .. but definitely not to all patients...
    ..nd u may be right for wtever u said about u.k..
    Last edited by drkarminder; January 18th, 2012 at 04:10 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

kapdal (January 18th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by ritu View Post
    thanks karminder .for wisdom teeth they gave me general anesthesia.it was a horrible experience.I was vomiting out blood because of the nausea caused by anesthesia.I could not eat anything solid for two weeks. but you are right wisdom teeth should be removed at young age.they cause troubles only and are of no use.13 yrs ago when i came to usa for the first time i got filling done in India.right after we landed on chicago airport i saw an Indian uncle ji selling popcorns.I am not a big fan of eating popcorns but bought it bcoz i was already missing india so much.on the very first bite only the filling came out and i was in terrible pain.we did not have any insurance then but somehow with the help of an american lady found a doctor who billed us couple of weeks after we got the insurance.so moral of the story is people with fillings and without insurance never eat popcorns.[
    ..nausea and smtime vomiting are the immediate post operative complicatios of G.A...
    .multiple wisdom teeth are removed under G.A....
    ..giving multiple local anesthesia(L.A) for each teeth can make ur whole jaw numb nd u can accidently bite or hurt ur tonge ,lips etc, because u dont feel any sensation..
    so,preferd G.A..

Karminder,
    Would you recommend some good endodontists in Rewari ?

..a general dentist can call u 3-4 times for single root canal while an endodontist can perform it in single sitting..

Quote Originally Posted by deshi-jat View Post
    Karminder,
    Would you recommend some good endodontists in Rewari ?
    ..sorry but there is no endodontist in rewari...
    ..i will be the first endodontist in rewari...
    ..if u want to know in gurgaon..then i can tell u...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (January 20th, 2012)

गुडगाँव के अपडेट कर दो doctor साहब .......... याडे गुडगाँव के भी भोत लोग से .......... इसे बतइयो जो आप ने भी जानते हो

..sorry but there is no endodontist in rewari...
    ..i will be the first endodontist in rewari...
    ..if u want to know in gurgaon..then i can tell u...
    Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.

Quote Originally Posted by yogeshdahiya007 View Post
    गुडगाँव के अपडेट कर दो doctor साहब .......... याडे गुडगाँव के भी भोत लोग से .......... इसे बतइयो जो आप ने भी जानते हो
    ...dear yogesh...
    .i will be happy u will first discuss ur problem wd me before refering u to an endodontist..
    ...it is unethical to my profession to mention specific names here...
    ..u can mail me ur problem nd i will discuss wd my frnd nd let u know....
    ..one more thing,my help is only for jatlanders ..please dont take unnecessory advantage of it...