Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Education need reforms !!

I think Dr. Kalam itself is a good example to describe meaning of dedication, sincerity, confidence -encouragement. Please read book written on him like "Wings of fire", "The Kalam effect" for reference. Its all about his dedication to learn, to acquire knowledge, to make the nation proud -sincerity toward his job doesn't matter as a Prof. or Scientist or President of India. Confidence : to serve as Democrat to lead in front for the nation however he spends his whole life as educationist/scientist.

........I believe, If he doesn't have such high qualities -the facilities and limitations, he faced in his early childhood may not allow him to make his own destiny.

But if we leave everything on individual abilities-we cannot produce quality in mass whether we have that potential. Specially if we are thinking to make our Nation No. 1 in the world.
    There are so many people in our education system who have the ability to deliver their excellence and quality but are discouraged to do so by few people who are interested in getting higher positions, making money ...things like that, instead to encourage and promote education to higher level. Such few people are like a fish in pond who are only alive to make dirt in society at any level.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anuragsunda For This Useful Post:

bazardparveen (March 1st, 2012), hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016)

Sir I have no argument over this but if you think deeply what ever name you mention whether their invention did anything which will provide us royality like england is having for their every invention. Getting reward will only provide some internal satisfaction to themselves or our commudity and English are offering this time to time to our country men. Best example is slum dog millionare fot oscar recognition but the film is only showing bad part of our country and we indians are encashing this. Just now we are ready to spend 53 thosand crore rupees on fighter plane. These plane we are procuring from France. we needpeople who are able to think of developing such technology which will help us in future.
    Education shoud have capability make us more independent rather than make us more dependent.Now maintaing those craft also we required their people intially.
    I only want to submit that till the time we will not recognise our Indian talent in India only and gave them chance to develop new invetion for India only, we will not become developed country like America or Europe. Now if you look at our engineering stream our govt made engineers like potatoes and finished all competition among engineers and good colleges. Now good colleges passout have no option to other than get out of this country for recognition.
    This way we only will be in more & more difficult position.
    Thanks & Regards
    Manoj Paweria
    Justification & Trust

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mpaweria For This Useful Post:

bazardparveen (March 1st, 2012), drkarminder (February 14th, 2012), hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016), reenu (February 14th, 2012)

Your point is correct to some extent. By the way your articulation is improving with each of your post, as I still remember your first few posts. Congratulation on your vast improvement...

Quote Originally Posted by mpaweria View Post
    Sir I have no argument over this but if you think deeply what ever name you mention whether their invention did anything which will provide us royality like england is having for their every invention. Getting reward will only provide some internal satisfaction to themselves or our commudity and English are offering this time to time to our country men. Best example is slum dog millionare fot oscar recognition but the film is only showing bad part of our country and we indians are encashing this. Just now we are ready to spend 53 thosand crore rupees on fighter plane. These plane we are procuring from France. we needpeople who are able to think of developing such technology which will help us in future.
    Education shoud have capability make us more independent rather than make us more dependent.Now maintaing those craft also we required their people intially.
    I only want to submit that till the time we will not recognise our Indian talent in India only and gave them chance to develop new invetion for India only, we will not become developed country like America or Europe. Now if you look at our engineering stream our govt made engineers like potatoes and finished all competition among engineers and good colleges. Now good colleges passout have no option to other than get out of this country for recognition.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vikda For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016)

Thanks for the compliment but we all will be winner when West will accept our identity and start telling us 1st world rather than telling us 3rd world and stop looking at us with some douts in mind.
    Thanks & Regards
    Manoj Paweria
    Justification & Trust

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mpaweria For This Useful Post:

Today there is hardly any education in the present system, especially at the primary and secondary level.. We just gather information. A lot of information, but that too in the manner Govt. wants. All the values that governed our earlier education system have lost in the name of reforms. Today, most of the private schools are more like 5 star hotels than an educational institute. Nobody teaches the respect to elders or teachers, now a days. In most of the high profile schools, the students have started thinking that the teachers are their servant. Their parents pay good amount of money to the school for their service. Indiscipline is prevalent in modern schools.
    Further, if we talk about curriculum, we read what the govt want us to learn. Our history books are particularly carries a biased approach. Curriculum has become a propaganda to highlight the politicians of a particular party. Do we know or study about the history or contribution of Haryanvis or Jats in the country?
    The minorities have been given the liberty to teach their own curriculum. The muslims institutions start their history from the invasion of Babur and highlight the invasions of barbarous Moguls as their personal victory. This education system is responsible for rising of terror activities in India. The fact is 99.9% Muslims in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh are converted to muslim religion either under force or by enticement.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dahiyavijay7 For This Useful Post:

The purpose of education is to enable the individual to deal with the social situations. Today, the education lead us to nowhere. Our science post graduates have same understanding levels of the scientific principles, as a 12th student. They cannot answer most of the conceptual queries raised to them. If we look at the syllabus of the UG & PG of science, most part of it comprises of only long derivations. The five whole years, a science student just memorize the language of alpha, theta, lamda, X, Y, Z to pass their papers or score a merit. They have hardly any practical understanding of the concepts. Even their teachers have hardly any practical knowledge of the concepts. They just memorize the derivations and explain it. But they could never explain the utility, applicability of the scientific concept derived from it. Even the practicals prescribed for these classes fail to touch upon the concepts behind it. I therefore, recommend that the education curriculum and methodology must be able to provide the conceptual knowledge, and practical insight to the student and student should be able to apply these concepts to explain the scientific events.

Quote Originally Posted by anuragsunda View Post
    I think Dr. Kalam itself is a good example to describe meaning of dedication, sincerity, confidence -encouragement. Please read book written on him like "Wings of fire", "The Kalam effect" for reference. Its all about his dedication to learn, to acquire knowledge, to make the nation proud -sincerity toward his job doesn't matter as a Prof. or Scientist or President of India. Confidence : to serve as Democrat to lead in front for the nation however he spends his whole life as educationist/scientist.

........I believe, If he doesn't have such high qualities -the facilities and limitations, he faced in his early childhood may not allow him to make his own destiny.

But if we leave everything on individual abilities-we cannot produce quality in mass whether we have that potential. Specially if we are thinking to make our Nation No. 1 in the world.
    There are so many people in our education system who have the ability to deliver their excellence and quality but are discouraged to do so by few people who are interested in getting higher positions, making money ...things like that, instead to encourage and promote education to higher level. Such few people are like a fish in pond who are only alive to make dirt in society at any level.
    Teachers and students are the product and mirror of the society to which they belong and the mirror does not tell a lie. For changing the society education can play a catalyst role and vice verse. Therefore, both educational system and society need a thorough overhauling.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by mpaweria View Post
    Friend,

Let us keep in mind that our country remained under foreign yoke for a very long period and that too at a very crucial period of history when Agricultural and Industrial Revolutions were happening in Europe making them modern economies and polity. The renaissance in Europe followed by flow of scientific inventions and discoveries in quick succession from 15th century onward. But in case of India, the renaissance started in mid-nineteenth century with the advent of Raja Ram Mohun Roy and others and soon took the form social reformation movement. This made it lop sided as it was bereft of scientific tinge.

The real awakening of India started with the British withdrawal on 15th August, 1947 but initially we remained busy with rehabilitation of the refugees, making of the Constitution and then started an Era of Planning Development which continues even today. If we take up a holistic view of the development stages India have crossed on various fronts, our achievements are second to none in various fields like Industrial sector, Service Sector etc. but in some other sectors much more remains to be achieved.

India has emerged as a fast developing country eager to be clubbed with the developed countries group of nations. But dear friend neither all countries of American continents nor of Europe are developed nations. A few countries are in the list of developed nations, and remember that looking at the fast pace of economic development of India, the day is not far away when India will achieve the distinction of a developed nation in far too short time than USA (Became independent in 1783) took time to become as developed country.

Your fear about opening the flood gate of engineering colleges are far from reality. In the earlier posts you lament that nothing is being done in the field of spread of education; now your complaint is why colleges are being opened for so many aspirant engineers.

Yes, brain drain is a big problem before the country but in the recent days some NRI engineers and doctors have started to move back towards their Motherland. That is a bright sign of the progress of the nation in right direction.

Regards
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; February 14th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyavijay7 View Post
    Today there is hardly any education in the present system, especially at the primary and secondary level.. We just gather information. A lot of information, but that too in the manner Govt. wants. All the values that governed our earlier education system have lost in the name of reforms. Today, most of the private schools are more like 5 star hotels than an educational institute. Nobody teaches the respect to elders or teachers, now a days. In most of the high profile schools, the students have started thinking that the teachers are their servant. Their parents pay good amount of money to the school for their service. Indiscipline is prevalent in modern schools.
    Further, if we talk about curriculum, we read what the govt want us to learn. Our history books are particularly carries a biased approach. Curriculum has become a propaganda to highlight the politicians of a particular party. Do we know or study about the history or contribution of Haryanvis or Jats in the country?.......
    Dahiya Sahib

You have raised valid objection against the loss of Moral Education component in our education system. It needs immediate attention of the policy makers.

But, there seems to be no bias in History teaching in our educational system as such. You will find references to the Historic role of Haryana and Haryanavis in the curriculum (including the Jats) if you scan the syllabi of the Universities prescribed for UG and PG level.

Regards

Hi all,

I have one suggestion, please discuss its feasibility. Atleast the schools at village level or within our locality should be visited by us so as to check the standard of teachers and infrastruture being provided. I think those who can spare sometime can please take it seriously.

Respected Rajpal ji,

Please share your views as you always suggest practical and rational things.

Regards,
    Prikshit
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friend,

The number of good institutions of higher education has been growing over the years and a few central universities, IITs, IIMs in government sector as well as a large number of autonomous colleges, deemed universities are there; but finding them inadequate to cope with the ever increasing demand for higher education, private players have opened several educational institutions, some of them are coming up with best available infrastructure. Sarva Siksha Abhiyan has been taken up recently. IGNOU is the largest University of its kind in the world.

Therefore, it is not easy to agree with you that "the education sector is totally neglected by the government."

Reality is attention has been paid to improve the quantity and quality of education but much more is desirable to be done to further improve the quality of education .
    Sir,
    I think the number getting benefit from various govt. schemes is very less. Govt should ponder to establish a system which ensures quality education to the masses. Indians are rated best for their brains,but management here fails to utilize the huge potential.
    Regards,
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (March 1st, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    Sir,
    I think the number getting benefit from various govt. schemes is very less. Govt should ponder to establish a system which ensures quality education to the masses. Indians are rated best for their brains,but management here fails to utilize the huge potential.
    Regards,
    You are absolutely right that quality education must be provided to make India huge knowledge society.

Really an interesting thread. There is no doubt that quality in the education sector is at its nadir. But, education is the sector which excites me, perhaps, is the case for most of the research scholars from India and I want to contribute to it in best of my capabilities. I used to read articles of eminent personalities from education sector and whenever find anything interesting try to share with others in form of blogs. Rather than highlighting shortcomings, here, I wish to focus on solutions. I would like share two of my earlier blogs regarding some suggestions for reforms in education sector at school and university level.

What kind of university system should be promoted

Model of school education

Your views and healthy criticism is welcomed.

With due respect, I disagree with you. Though of quality of education is better in some top institutions like IITs, IIMs, some NITs, some universities like DU, JNU etc. as compare to rest of the institutions. But none of these institutions is near to the best in the world. Apart from Biocon, I don't remember any big name whose R & D was done in India and have some world class product.

Industry-academia interaction is need of the hour. Unfortunately, there are very little effort from policy makers to encourage it. It was really disappointing to see that P.M. gave lecture more like he used to give in his political rallies in recently concluded 99th Indian Science Congress in Orissa. Our research is dying slowly (there is progress but it is so slow that it will be no use if others will developed the technolgies and new products before. We are living in a competitive world, hence, can't afford to be slow). In comparison, China is taking lead in science.

Still, It is really good to see your optimism throughout the thread.

Dear Friend,

Let me have permission to contradict your observations on the educational scenerio of the country. They seem to me mere generalisations and over-simplistic overview, perhaps based on some known facts or based on your 'personal bitter experience'. But the quality of Education in some of our higher institutions of education is second to none. Though their number, admittedly, is small.

Likewise all teachers at PG Level do not fit in the general remark made by you.

Thanks and regards
    Last edited by bazardparveen; March 1st, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazardparveen For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (March 1st, 2012), vikda (March 2nd, 2012)

Teachers and students are the product and mirror of the society to which they belong and the mirror does not tell a lie. For changing the society education can play a catalyst role and vice verse. Therefore, both educational system and society need a thorough overhauling.

Regards
    Sir,

How far are you satisfied with the work of govt. teachers ? Waiting for an honest reply from you. Also, please suggest some measures how can be work for its betterment.

Warm Regards,
    Prikshit

Quote Originally Posted by bazardparveen View Post
    With due respect, I disagree with you. Though of quality of education is better in some top institutions like IITs, IIMs, some NITs, some universities like DU, JNU etc. as compare to rest of the institutions. But none of these institutions is near to the best in the world. Apart from Biocon, I don't remember any big name whose R & D was done in India and have some world class product.

Industry-academia interaction is need of the hour. Unfortunately, there are very little effort from policy makers to encourage it. It was really disappointing to see that P.M. gave lecture more like he used to give in his political rallies in recently concluded 99th Indian Science Congress in Orissa. Our research is dying slowly (there is progress but it is so slow that it will be no use if others will developed the technolgies and new products before. We are living in a competitive world, hence, can't afford to be slow). In comparison, China is taking lead in science.

Still, It is really good to see your optimism throughout the thread.
    Why to make comparison as such when we have best brains in the world ? All we need to do is to exploit full potential of all the individuals and provide best facilities to prevent brain drain.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

bazardparveen (April 19th, 2012)

Following Video talks about the reforms India need:

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    Sir,

How far are you satisfied with the work of govt. teachers ? Waiting for an honest reply from you. Also, please suggest some measures how can be work for its betterment.

Warm Regards,
    Prikshit
    Most of them are performing and by improving infrastructure and working conditions much scope for further improvement.

Regards.

Smile

Workshop on Science Education 2012

The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune, announces a ten-day Summer Workshop in Science Education (SWiSE) from 25th June to 5th July 2012. It aims to identify and nurture potential leaders of an inquiry-oriented integrative approach to science education from among high school and college teachers, resource persons in educational organizations, and students pursuing a Master’s or PhD in science, and others with a commitment to science education. The face-to-face program will be preceded and followed by extensive web discussion, and will focus on the design ofcurricula, learning materials, learning tasks, assessment tasks, and pedagogical strategies.
    The goals of mainstream institutional science education the world over have traditionally been two-fold:
    (i) transmitting to learners a body of concepts and propositions currently accepted as scientific knowledge, and
    (ii) training them in applying that knowledge to various problems and situations.

This workshop is meant for future science-educator-educationist-thinkers who would be excited by a vision of science education that goes beyond these goals, to aim at inspiring in learners a scientific temper, scientific inquiry, and critical thinking — a way of thinking and being that can then influence domains outside of science in their personal and professional lives. It is based on the assumption that such transformation in science education is both desirable and feasible.

Anyone on Jatland and friends are welcome to participate in forum discussion and to attend the same.
    Please visit
    https://sites.google.com/site/sciediiserp/home

With regards,
    Anurag