Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Education need reforms !!

Education need reforms !!

Which major reforms you think are necessary to improve the quality of education in present situation? Please share your views....
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

drkarminder (February 10th, 2012), saurabhjaglan (March 1st, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    Which major reforms you think are necessary to improve the quality of education in present situation? Please share your views....
    ..according to me quality of education is lacking in indian education system..
    ..in anyfield if u will go,u will feel lack of resources,teachers bullying over students..u are taught that they want.not that u want...
    ..students are lacking original ideas because they are discouraged,let it be any way...
    .. that GURU ND SHISHAY has now become an old fashion,but in india now also this fashion prevail that is good in good way but very bad in bad way..
    ..i hv less idea about undergraduate level but at postgraduate level, system is very corrupt..u hv to work like wt ur boss says or ur p.g guide nd thts why students loose interest in nd comeout with just a degree in hand...i hv seen many bright students joining postgraduation nd research work with great enthusiasm but are discoraged at evry point by their corrupt nd useless bosses...
    ..there is much more to say but that i will discuss after knowing wt other jatlanders think about it..
    ..this is a good thread prikshit nd there should be a genuine discussion on it...
    Last edited by drkarminder; February 10th, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
    We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done

4. The Following User Says Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

sunillore (July 11th, 2012)

I think commercialization of the education system needs to be checked to save the interests of all stake holders. If it is done, quality education would automatically follow making India hub of the best education in the world.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

deependra (February 12th, 2012), hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016), Prikshit (February 10th, 2012), sunillore (July 11th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by drkarminder View Post
    ..according to me quality of education is lacking in indian education system..
    .......at postgraduate level, system is very corrupt..u hv to work like wt ur boss says or ur p.g guide nd thts why students loose interest in nd comeout with just a degree in hand...i hv seen many bright students joining postgraduation nd research work with great enthusiasm but are discoraged at evry point by their corrupt nd useless bosses.....

Dear Friend,

Let me have permission to contradict your observations on the educational scenerio of the country. They seem to me mere generalisations and over-simplistic overview, perhaps based on some known facts or based on your 'personal bitter experience'. But the quality of Education in some of our higher institutions of education is second to none. Though their number, admittedly, is small.

Likewise all teachers at PG Level do not fit in the general remark made by you.

Thanks and regards
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; February 10th, 2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling correction

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Dear Friend,

Let me have permission to contradict your observations on the educational scenerio of the country. They seem to me mere generalisations and over-simplistic overview, perhaps based on some known facts or based on your 'personal bitter experience'. But the quality of Education in some of our higher institutions of education is second to none. Though their number, admittedly, is small.

Likewise all teachers at PG Level do not fit in the general remark made by you.

Thanks and regards
    ...that experience depends on ur profession...
    ..things r different in each profession...in my prfession i can make it a general remark....
    ..one more thing do u think sir these so called"some good institution" are enough to gv quality eduction to such huge crowd of students in our country ..for how long these few IITS,IIMS ND AIIMS will carry the burden...
    ..m not really happy the way u are satisfied wd this "some institution are good" statement...
    ..see the students vs teachers ratio in indian schools,see the selection criterion for teacher post..see how less eligible ppl are occupying the chairs of head coz of their political links..

..i hv been to DRDO for my thesis work nd i hv worked for indigenous implant under Dr.abdul kalam ,our hon ex president ..nd saw many useless scientists sitting there and snoring....hw much defence is spending on DRDO nd wts the outcome..

..ok let me ask u ..count sm of the highly successfull indian politician,industrialist,buisnessman or any known person in any field,u will find they hv got their education from abroad not from india..sm are from oxford,cambridge, MIT,few from harvard, few from LBS or YALE... so on..
    ..let me tell about the most discussed nd highly qualified politicians ,our honorable P.M sh.manmohan singh,p.chidambaram,kapil sibbal all gor there education from foreign univ..nd their children are also studying abroad..
    ..y not in india..gv me the reason..one more thing among them not evrybody could afford to go abroad for study but they still prefered..indian education system is palying wd the future of students....

.U KNOW WT SURPRISE ME, THERE IS NO INDIAN UNIV IN TOP 200 WOLDS BEST UNIV OR INSTITUTION ND WE HV LARGEST POPULATION IN WORLD..the so called "good institution" are not known by any person other than an indian...
    ..i wd like to know the views of some other jatlanders also...
    Last edited by drkarminder; February 11th, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
    We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

anuragsunda (February 13th, 2012), bazardparveen (March 1st, 2012), hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016), ssgoyat (February 13th, 2012), sunillore (July 11th, 2012), ygulia (February 11th, 2012)

Dear Friend,

My answer to the redlined rejoinder at your end to part one is there in the previous post that their number is small.

The last para requires no comments because of its personal content.

Regards

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Prikshit Bhai,

For some candid comments on Indian education system kindly refer to the Editorial (On a knife's edge, Children adrift in a tough world, page 12), the Tribune, dated 11th February, Chandigarh

or www.tribuneindia.com

Regards

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

...that experience depends on ur profession...
    ..things r different in each profession...in my prfession i can make it a general remark....
    ..one more thing do u think sir these so called"some good institution" are enough to gv quality eduction to such huge crowd of students in our country ..for how long these few IITS,IIMS ND AIIMS will carry the burden...
    ..m not really happy the way u are satisfied wd this "some institution are good" statement...
    ..see the students vs teachers ratio in indian schools,see the selection criterion for teacher post..see how less eligible ppl are occupying the chairs of head coz of their political links..

..i hv been to DRDO for my thesis work nd i hv worked for indigenous implant under Dr.abdul kalam ,our hon ex president ..nd saw many useless scientists sitting there and snoring....hw much defence is spending on DRDO nd wts the outcome..

..ok let me ask u ..count sm of the highly successfull indian politician,industrialist,buisnessman or any known person in any field,u will find they hv got their education from abroad not from india..sm are from oxford,cambridge, MIT,few from harvard, few from LBS or YALE... so on..
    ..let me tell about the most discussed nd highly qualified politicians ,our honorable P.M sh.manmohan singh,p.chidambaram,kapil sibbal all gor there education from foreign univ..nd their children are also studying abroad..
    ..y not in india..gv me the reason..one more thing among them not evrybody could afford to go abroad for study but they still prefered..indian education system is palying wd the future of students....

..one more thing ,i m proud to be an indian but i will never prefer my children to get education from india...
    .U KNOW WT SURPRISE ME, THERE IS NO INDIAN UNIV IN TOP 200 WOLDS BEST UNIV OR INSTITUTION ND WE HV LARGEST POPULATION IN WORLD..the so called "good institution" are not known by any person other than an indian...
    ..i wd like to know the views of some other jatlanders also...

Thank you for taking it
    Last edited by Prikshit; February 11th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

drkarminder (February 11th, 2012), hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016)

Prikshit Bhai,

For some candid comments on Indian education system kindly refer to the Editorial (On a knife's edge, Children adrift in a tough world, page 12), the Tribune, dated 11th February, Chandigarh

or www.tribuneindia.com

Regards
    Respected Sir,

I read this article, indeed a true reflection of what is common these days is mentioned in it. Time is something that is of utmost importance, children should be given enough time by parents. But hard fact is they are more busy earning rather taking care of their offspring.

Regards
    Prikshit

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 11th, 2012), hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016), sunillore (July 11th, 2012)

Karminder, would you mind writing your views in a manner which is easy to read. A kind suggestion, please don't take it otherwise.

Thank you
    ....dear prikshit
    ...let me know,which part u find difficult to read in it....
    ..i wd like to explain it in an eazy way...
    ..if u r talkin about the red higlighted part then if u are writing very long than u hv to highlight certain points to get a quick read by readers..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

Dear Friend,

My answer to the redlined rejoinder at your end to part one is there in the previous post that their number is small.

The last para requires no comments because of its personal content.

Regards
    ..i hv edited the part that contain personal contents ...
    ..now i think u can reply for my post...
    ..then y these small no. of institute are small from beginning...y we dont expand it...students hv to work so hard to get admission in these institute..if we can establish some more inst.like these ,hw eazy it will be for the students to get good education...
    .. i think the eduaction sector is totally neglected by the government..coz higher class send there children abroad nd who cares for middle nd lower class..
    Last edited by drkarminder; February 11th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 11th, 2012), hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016)

..i hv edited the part that contain personal contents ...
    ..now i think u can reply for my post...
    ..then y these small no. of institute are small from beginning...y we dont expand it...students hv to work so hard to get admission in these institute..if we can establish some more inst.like these ,hw eazy it will be for the students to get good education...
    .. i think the eduaction sector is totally neglected by the government..coz higher class send there children abroad nd who cares for middle nd lower class..
    Friend,

The number of good institutions of higher education has been growing over the years and a few central universities, IITs, IIMs in government sector as well as a large number of autonomous colleges, deemed universities are there; but finding them inadequate to cope with the ever increasing demand for higher education, private players have opened several educational institutions, some of them are coming up with best available infrastructure. Sarva Siksha Abhiyan has been taken up recently. IGNOU is the largest University of its kind in the world.

Therefore, it is not easy to agree with you that "the education sector is totally neglected by the government."

Reality is attention has been paid to improve the quantity and quality of education but much more is desirable to be done to further improve the quality of education .

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

drkarminder (February 12th, 2012), hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016)

Friend,

The number of good institutions of higher education has been growing over the years and a few central universities, IITs, IIMs in government sector as well as a large number of autonomous colleges, deemed universities are there; but finding them inadequate to cope with the ever increasing demand for higher education, private players have opened several educational institutions, some of them are coming up with best available infrastructure. Sarva Siksha Abhiyan has been taken up recently. IGNOU is the largest University of its kind in the world.

Therefore, it is not easy to agree with you that "the education sector is totally neglected by the government."

Reality is attention has been paid to improve the quantity and quality of education but much more is desirable to be done to further improve the quality of education .
    ..i heard a news couple of months back that mr.kapil sibbal has shown interest in setting institutes in india by some good foreign universities. some reputed foreign universities already hv shown interest in opening their campus but govt approval is pending from long time. i hv heard about harvard and oxford are waiting an approval for bombay..
    ..one more thing mr.kapil sibbal gave his good opinion about starting medical education by IITS ..but later on IITS didnt show any interest nd that matter was closed. i liked his decision for the approval of conducting common admission test to get admission in any indian univ. either private or govt based on raknig in that test,because deemed univ are only solving their purpose of making money out of students by setting their own fee structure.
    .i hv seen many deemed univ conducting exam only for exam sake nd in result giving higher ranks to students who hv paid the money in advance,u cant file a case because already its mentioned in exam rules that u cant challenge their result nd cant apply for evaluation...
    ..i m not really happy with increasing no.of deemed univs,these univ lack infrastructure,lack the required faculty. they just pay sm good amount of money to the inspectors nd to the head of the body nd get approval for any course,students passing from these univ are again jobless because they hv nothing other than that useless degree..no.of such students are increasing in india..
    .i hv been to GHARWA (jharkhand),its a naxal area...i joines as lecturer there for 6 months nd their i saw hw this corrupt system works..in sm dept they dont hv even a single teacher..still every year they are getting approvel for new batch of students..i really dont know wt will happen to those students..
    ...govt also released list of some deemed univ that are lacking in required norms nd was ready to disapprove these univ but the case went to supreme court nd for the sake of future of students who are studying or passed out from these univ,supreme court again allowed these univ...i dont know for hw long this will happen..

..anyway where is mr.prikshit.. starter of this thread..
    Last edited by drkarminder; February 12th, 2012 at 12:16 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

In your earlier posts, dear friend, you had said the government is doing nothing. But it is good to learn that you have updated us in this regard and deserve our thanks for the same.

As mentioned by you in this post, the government is taking steps to control the malaise in the education system, so we must hope to see at least higher education in good shape in the near future.

Regards,

28. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

drkarminder (February 12th, 2012)

In your earlier posts, dear friend, you had said the government is doing nothing. But it is good to learn that you have updated us in this regard and deserve our thanks for the same.

As mentioned by you in this post, the government is taking steps to control the malaise in the education system, so we must hope to see at least higher education in good shape in the near future.

Regards,
    ....but only thing is that these reforms are not implemented yet thts why i was saying that its neglected...lets hope to see sm good work by govt in future....

30. The Following User Says Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

....but only thing is that these reforms are not implemented yet thts why i was saying that its neglected...lets hope to see sm good work by govt in future....
    Dr. Sahib,

Establishment of a few new Central Universities, IITs, IIMs and the decision of Government to open Govt. colleges at least one in every district of the country gives a ray of hope that more is coming in the sector of Higher Education.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Dear All
    From my point of you our education system is having very big draw back, which is making us more dependent rather than making independent. With the help of our old traditional education system we were more independent than right now.You consider any degree from any of our university it will not make us fully independent because it is fault of system and we are following it blindly. Actually we are working & learning for developed countries.We are not having base anywhere in any field. It seems to be good having very good institutions like IIT & AIMS or REC's but tell me any of those institutions gave any good inventor. Their students are just working on developed counties system and have no capability to think after that. Afer 60 years of independent we are using their operating system in computer, medical instrument in medical science and so on. Even though we think our self very learned & intellectual once we have capability of speaking ENGLISH but my dear friend they are developing their manpower in our country and hire us any time. We also fell very prod in doing this.Major fault of taking us in this position is of our main leaders and our fault is to support them.Yesterday some body send me the comparison between Legend Bhagat singh & Saheb Singh ( father of Khuswant sigh who gave witness against bhagat singh). Indian government gave him all respected honours like padam shree, Postage stamp on his name and so on. It is all because of nehru & his family who all are like him only.
    Only thing I want to say that our conditions will not improve, till the time we will not punish bad people rather than giving them respect . From my point of you that event what Sardarji did with Sharad Pawar was very Good but it should be in united form so that they will fear of doing wrong. Their is very good quote " Everybody is prone to corrupt but not doing because of fear or not rightly paid" So our Society should put that much fear on them so that they will not think about going wrong.
    Be united and side of truth only
    Thanks & Regards
    Manoj Paweria
    Justification & Trust

34. The Following User Says Thank You to mpaweria For This Useful Post:

Dear Manoj Paweria,

A thought provoking post. We must see both sides of the coin. Dr C V Raman, Dr Jagdish Chandra Basu, Er. Vishweshria, Dr. APJ Abdul Qalam, Dr. Vikram Sara Bhai, Dr. Homi J. Bhabha and so many other scientists are the best products of our educational system whose achievements in their respective fields are second to none. Any nation can rightly be proud to have produced such great luminaries.

Going abroad for learning latest know how is no sin, according to me.

I agree that education needs more emphasis on vocationalization and making it suitable for the fast changing needs of the global changes and challenges.

The second part of the post does not fit the subject of the thread and requires no comments here.

Regards

36. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

I believe, we should rethink to at least save our education system from deformation initiated by our politician. At present, high profile Indian institutes even IITs are struggling to deliver quality education. If 10% (too high) students lead in front to institute -that comes from their excellence; nothing to do with education system. If people like Dr. Kalam, Dr. Raman etc. had chosen other stream for study -even economics, literature..... they could have shown equal potential in respective field. Because dedication, sincerity, confidence-encouragement cannot be beaten by the system or lake of facilities at any level.

However, facilities and quality education is essential to promote and give rise in interest, encouragement at zero level. One bad educationist is enough for 40 good people in education system to lead in front in current scenario which make a complete Department of an University/IIT/IIM/IISc.
    Last edited by anuragsunda; February 13th, 2012 at 11:06 PM.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anuragsunda For This Useful Post:

drkarminder (February 13th, 2012), hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by anuragsunda View Post
    ......... Because dedication, sincerity, confidence-encouragement cannot be beaten by the system or lake of facilities at any level.

However, facilities and quality education is essential to promote and give rise in interest, encouragement at zero level. One bad educationist is enough for 40 good people in education system to lead in front in current scenario which make a complete Department of an University/IIT/IIM/IISc.
    Friend,

It would be very kind of you if you please further elaborate as to what you want to convey through this part of your post.

Regards
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; February 14th, 2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling correction

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Bisky (March 21st, 2012), hrdhaka (January 25th, 2016)