Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hidden truth of Tajmahal(tejo mahalaya)

Hidden truth of Tajmahal(tejo mahalaya)

NOW READ THIS....... No one has ever challenged it except Prof. P. N. Oak, who believes the whole world has been duped. In his book Taj Mahal: The True Story, Oak says the Taj Mahal is not Queen Mumtaz's tomb but an ancient Hindu temple palace of Lord Shiva (then known as Tejo Mahalaya ) . In the course of his research Oak discovered that the Shiva temple palace was usurped by Shah Jahan from then Maharaja of Jaipur, Jai Singh. In his own court ch ronicle, Badshahnama, Shah Jahan admits that an exceptionally beautiful grand mansion in Agra was taken from Jai SIngh for Mumtaz's burial . The ex-Maharaja of Jaipur still retains in his secret collection two orders from Shah Jahan for surrendering the Taj building. Using captured temples and mansions, as a burial place for dead courtiers and royalty was a common practice among Muslim rulers. For example, Humayun,Akbar, Etmud-ud-Daula and Safdarjung are all buried in such mansions. Oak's inquiries began with the name of Taj Mahal. He says the term " Mahal " has never been used for a building in any Muslim countries from Afghanisthan to Algeria . "The unusual explanation that the term Taj Mahal derives from Mumtaz Mahal was illogical in atleast two respects. Firstly, her name was never Mumtaz Mahal but Mumtaz-ul-Zamani ," he writes. Secondly, one cannot omit the first three letters 'Mum' from a woman's name to derive the remainder as the name for the building."Taj Mahal, he claims, is a corrupt version of Tejo Mahalaya, or Lord Shiva's Palace . Oak also says the love story of Mumtaz and Shah Jahan is a fairy tale created by court sycophants, blundering historians and sloppy archaeologists Not a single royal chronicle of Shah Jahan's time corroborates the love story. Furthermore, Oak cites several documents suggesting the Taj Mahal predates Shah Jahan's era, and was a temple dedicated to Shiva, worshipped by Rajputs of Agra city. For example, Prof. Marvin Miller of New York took a few samples from the riverside doorway of the Taj. Carbon dating tests revealed that the door was 300 years older than Shah Jahan. European traveler Johan Albert Mandelslo,who visited Agra in 1638 (only seven years after Mumtaz's death), describes the life of the cit y in his memoirs. But he makes no reference to the Taj Mahal being built. The writings of Peter Mundy, an English visitor to Agra within a year of Mumtaz's death, also suggest the Taj was a noteworthy building well before Shah Jahan's time. Prof. Oak points out a number of design and architectural inconsistencies that support the belief of the Taj Mahal being a typical Hindu temple rather than a mausoleum. Many rooms in the Taj ! Mahal have remained sealed since Shah Jahan's time and are still inaccessible to the public . Oak asserts they contain a headless statue of Lord Shiva and other objects commonly used for worship rituals in Hindu temples Fearing political backlash, Indira Gandhi's government t ried to have Prof. Oak's book withdrawn from the bookstores, and threatened the Indian publisher of the first edition dire consequences . There is only one way to discredit or validate Oak's research. The current government should open the sealed rooms of the Taj Ma hal under U.N. supervision, and let international experts investigate.
    Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yogeshdahiya007 For This Useful Post:

Fateh (February 27th, 2012), Hariom1972 (February 21st, 2012), JSRana (February 17th, 2012), ravinderjeet (February 15th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (February 25th, 2012), vishalsunsunwal (February 14th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by yogeshdahiya007 View Post
    NOW READ THIS....... No one has ever challenged it except Prof. P. N. Oak, who believes the whole world has been duped. In his book Taj Mahal: The True Story, Oak says the Taj Mahal is not Queen Mumtaz's tomb but an ancient Hindu temple palace of Lord Shiva (then known as Tejo Mahalaya ) . In the course of his research Oak discovered that the Shiva temple palace was usurped by Shah Jahan from then Maharaja of Jaipur, Jai Singh. In his own court ch ronicle, Badshahnama, Shah Jahan admits that an exceptionally beautiful grand mansion in Agra was taken from Jai SIngh for Mumtaz's burial . The ex-Maharaja of Jaipur still retains in his secret collection two orders from Shah Jahan for surrendering the Taj building. Using captured temples and mansions, as a burial place for dead courtiers and royalty was a common practice among Muslim rulers. For example, Humayun,Akbar, Etmud-ud-Daula and Safdarjung are all buried in such mansions. Oak's inquiries began with the name of Taj Mahal. He says the term " Mahal " has never been used for a building in any Muslim countries from Afghanisthan to Algeria . "The unusual explanation that the term Taj Mahal derives from Mumtaz Mahal was illogical in atleast two respects. Firstly, her name was never Mumtaz Mahal but Mumtaz-ul-Zamani ," he writes. Secondly, one cannot omit the first three letters 'Mum' from a woman's name to derive the remainder as the name for the building."Taj Mahal, he claims, is a corrupt version of Tejo Mahalaya, or Lord Shiva's Palace . Oak also says the love story of Mumtaz and Shah Jahan is a fairy tale created by court sycophants, blundering historians and sloppy archaeologists Not a single royal chronicle of Shah Jahan's time corroborates the love story. Furthermore, Oak cites several documents suggesting the Taj Mahal predates Shah Jahan's era, and was a temple dedicated to Shiva, worshipped by Rajputs of Agra city. For example, Prof. Marvin Miller of New York took a few samples from the riverside doorway of the Taj. Carbon dating tests revealed that the door was 300 years older than Shah Jahan. European traveler Johan Albert Mandelslo,who visited Agra in 1638 (only seven years after Mumtaz's death), describes the life of the cit y in his memoirs. But he makes no reference to the Taj Mahal being built. The writings of Peter Mundy, an English visitor to Agra within a year of Mumtaz's death, also suggest the Taj was a noteworthy building well before Shah Jahan's time. Prof. Oak points out a number of design and architectural inconsistencies that support the belief of the Taj Mahal being a typical Hindu temple rather than a mausoleum. Many rooms in the Taj ! Mahal have remained sealed since Shah Jahan's time and are still inaccessible to the public . Oak asserts they contain a headless statue of Lord Shiva and other objects commonly used for worship rituals in Hindu temples Fearing political backlash, Indira Gandhi's government t ried to have Prof. Oak's book withdrawn from the bookstores, and threatened the Indian publisher of the first edition dire consequences . There is only one way to discredit or validate Oak's research. The current government should open the sealed rooms of the Taj Ma hal under U.N. supervision, and let international experts investigate.
    I have read this before, this is true it was a Hindu temple long back. Even its name tejo mahalaya says it.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

Fateh (February 27th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    I have read this before, this is true it was a Hindu temple long back. Even its name tejo mahalaya says it.
    Dear It is true BUT
    We will find everywhere hindu temple under any Mughal monument ( like Ajmer shariff, Ayodya ram temple, Mathura krishan temple and so on) plus so many hindus were converted during that era but after knowing those fact we are still not thinking for our country.Anybody can make us fool on the ground of boundaries or cast or religion.Still we are unable to accept that and not working for our country security and freedom.For individual single penny benifit our leaders are putting our country money in drain. Forget about what we were Accept what we are & work for future to improve our condition and learn the power of unity.Corrupt people are more united than intelectual people and understand the power of unity. We should also think in that way and stop paying more attention to corrupt rich people in our country so that they will fell shame of doing wrong. And It is not possible till we all are united and able to threw them ourt from our social system.These all are the monument only which we can built later too but what about the money, brain and iron ore draining from our country.
    Thanks & Regards
    Manoj Paweria
    Justification & Trust

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mpaweria For This Useful Post:

Fateh (February 27th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by mpaweria View Post
    Dear It is true BUT
    We will find everywhere hindu temple under any Mughal monument ( like Ajmer shariff, Ayodya ram temple, Mathura krishan temple and so on) plus so many hindus were converted during that era but after knowing those fact we are still not thinking for our country.Anybody can make us fool on the ground of boundaries or cast or religion.Still we are unable to accept that and not working for our country security and freedom.For individual single penny benifit our leaders are putting our country money in drain. Forget about what we were Accept what we are & work for future to improve our condition and learn the power of unity.Corrupt people are more united than intelectual people and understand the power of unity. We should also think in that way and stop paying more attention to corrupt rich people in our country so that they will fell shame of doing wrong. And It is not possible till we all are united and able to threw them ourt from our social system.These all are the monument only which we can built later too but what about the money, brain and iron ore draining from our country.
    Dear Friend,

It would be in your interest if you develop the habit to limit your comments to the subject of the thread. Please also desist from passing off the cuff remarks so as you could make significant contribution to such serious topics.

Dr. Oak's observations are still historically debatable and not final words on the issue! So avoid making sweeping statement and enlarging its applicability to other places, please.

regrards

Thanks & Regards,

Anil Jakhar
    jakhar.anilk@gmail.com
    +91 93143 91300
    Birodi badi \ Nawal garh, Fatehpur Shekhawati, Rajasthan, India

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jakharanil For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (February 24th, 2012), Fateh (February 27th, 2012), Hariom1972 (February 29th, 2012), yogeshdahiya007 (February 25th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by jakharanil View Post
    Nothing new in them but a controversial view repeated. Yet it is under scrutiny of historians.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

vijaykajla1 (February 24th, 2012)

ताज महल प्यार की मिसाल ................ लेकिन कुछ अन्य तथ्य
    -------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
    1) मुमताज सात पत्नियों में, शाहजहां की चौथी पत्नी थी.

2) शाहजहां ने मुमताज के पति को मार डाला उससे शादी करली

3) मुमताज की मृत्यु चौदहवी संतान को जनम देते समय हो गई.

4) इसके बाद शाहजहाँ ने मुमताज़ की बहन से शादी कर ली.
    प्रश्न--------------क्या यही है प्यार का महान उदाहरण

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ajitberwal For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (February 24th, 2012), Fateh (February 27th, 2012), JSRana (February 24th, 2012), ravinderjeet (February 26th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (September 10th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (February 25th, 2012), Sure (February 25th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (February 24th, 2012), vishalsunsunwal (February 24th, 2012)

I may be bit off-topic. I would like to mention that it doesn't matter to me whether Taj is a Hindu monument or Muslim monument or some other religious monument. It's better if we can find historical truth. But if that truth affects harmony of any group in the country, then, let it be hidden only.The bottom line is that Taj is one of best examples of our art. It's history doesn't change even a bit in the proud feeling I have for it.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bazardparveen For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 24th, 2012), Prikshit (February 26th, 2012), reenu (September 10th, 2012), vijay (February 26th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by bazardparveen View Post
    I may be bit off-topic. I would like to mention that it doesn't matter to me whether Taj is a Hindu monument or Muslim monument or some other religious monument. It's better if we can find historical truth. But if that truth affects harmony of any group in the country, then, let it be hidden only.The bottom line is that Taj is one of best examples of our art. It's history doesn't change even a bit in the proud feeling I have for it.
    My Brother, you are true but imagine what would be the beauty of this monument earlier before such modification done by Shahjahan workers. If those worker were really superb than their is no requirement of doing this act, they can easily create another one. From my point of view they destructed some important part of monument so that it looks like new creation.Original is always better than new modification. It is same as trying your father suit and ask your tailor to made it for your self. will you get same finish like new one.
    Thanks & Regards
    Manoj Paweria
    Justification & Trust

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mpaweria For This Useful Post:

Fateh (February 27th, 2012), Hariom1972 (February 29th, 2012)

see the link given for mysteris to be resolved, even muslim most pious maka- madina & many thing in past were all hindus - www.stephen-knapp.com.
    जाट के हाथ के नीचे ताज -९८९९६८६६६१
    साफा बांध ले तुर्हे दार |
    अचकन पहर ले धारी दार |
    पजामा पहर ले चूड़ी दार |
    जूती पहर ले तिल्ले दार |
    तलवार टांग ले चमक दार |
    मूछ राख ले घुंडी दार |

सही कही भाई फौज दार |

THIS FAUJDAR IS ALWAYS ON WAR COZ I AM SINSINWAR

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vishalsunsunwal For This Useful Post:

Fateh (February 27th, 2012), Hariom1972 (February 26th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by vishalsunsunwal View Post
    see the link given for mysteris to be resolved, even muslim most pious maka- madina & many thing in past were all hindus - www.stephen-knapp.com.
    Our civilization is too old and maximum of places we will get sign of our civilization. I am unable to understand why we lost such a good civilization. May be due to some of Vibhisan with in our country.
    Thanks & Regards
    Manoj Paweria
    Justification & Trust

Excellent post.

Very Few Historian are coming out with truth, other wise these so called historians can prove what ever they want to prove and for whatever they paid for to prove by govt or other interests. Similar way they can disprove whatever truth may be and they will continue to disprove others fact till they are earning bread and butter with thier illogical logics . I don’t feel any proud on Now so called Taj Mahal. When I see this monument I see the cruelty of Sahajahan what he did with artists, that person was jerk and was unable to love someone.
    Last edited by Sure; February 24th, 2012 at 07:05 PM.
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
    Everyone in Our life is going to hurt us, sooner or later. But we have to decide. what's more important? The Pain Or The Person.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

Fateh (February 27th, 2012), mpaweria (February 25th, 2012), ravinderjeet (February 26th, 2012)

but imagine what would be the beauty of this monument earlier before such modification done by Shahjahan workers.
    That's the exact where I have reservations. Why to imagine anything? Whatever we have is simply awesome. And, entire world has recognized this.

If those worker were really superb than their is no requirement of doing this act, they can easily create another one. From my point of view they destructed some important part of monument so that it looks like new creation.Original is always better than new modification. It is same as trying your father suit and ask your tailor to made it for your self. will you get same finish like new one.
    You might be right but this is yet to establish. I think, this is really tough to know the exact truth. My point is why to worry about controversial history especially when that has potential to disturb environment in the country? We have seen in the past, these kind of issues resulted in black spots on the country's history (No need to mention examples, there are enough examples of riots in the history of independent India). Let's leave this behind and praise what he have. All this, historical controversies and all, will not help us even a bit but these stupids sitting in the power will surly take advantage.
    Last edited by bazardparveen; February 27th, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to bazardparveen For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 26th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Sure View Post
    Very Few Historian are coming out with truth, other wise these so called historians can prove what ever they want to prove and for whatever they paid for to prove by govt or other interests. Similar way they can disprove whatever truth may be and they will continue to disprove others fact till they are earning bread and butter with thier illogical logics .
    Friend,

I regret your sweeping statement made in anger which does not reflect true assessment of history or historians.

The fact is no historian is capable to hide the historical truths for long and true facts will certainly made public by other historians. After through discussion and debate the issues are settled and they become part of history.

The debate among the historians to settle the differences should not be taken as a dishonest pronouncement on the part of one or the other historian. It is so because all the sources of information known as data is not available at one place and in one go and is not accessible to all in equal proportion to everyone because it is widely scattered mainly relating to early and medieval period of Indian history.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friend,

I regret your sweeping statement made in anger which does not reflect true assessment of history or historians.

The fact is no historian is capable to hide the historical truths for long and true facts will certainly made public by other historians. After through discussion and debate the issues are settled and they become part of history.

The debate among the historians to settle the differences should not be taken as a dishonest pronouncement on the part of one or the other historian. It is so because all the sources of information known as data is not available at one place and in one go and is not accessible to all in equal proportion to everyone because it is widely scattered mainly relating to early and medieval period of Indian history.

thanks

I do agree with you. Sir.
    But I afraid that some Historical facts are Intentionally not allowed to DISCUSS while some other facts PROVED even before a Discussion.

History should be a History and should not be used as a tool.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ashe (September 10th, 2012), bazardparveen (February 27th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (February 26th, 2012), Fateh (February 27th, 2012), ravinderjeet (February 26th, 2012), Sure (February 27th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    I do agree with you. Sir.
    But I afraid that some Historical facts are Intentionally not allowed to DISCUSS while some other facts PROVED even before a Discussion.

History should be a History and should not be used as a tool.
    Friend,

Thanks for your positive attitude.
    If some facts are intentionally not allowed to emerge, such writings represent point of view only of the concerned person and not history. Further, coming to second part of your fear(some other facts are proved even before a discussion) seems to me is ill founded because the facts are facts and nobody has monopoly on them to prove or disprove unilaterally. All the historical facts are gathered, scrutinized, analysed, given shape of an hypothesis and pass through the process of anti-thesis before becoming a thesis or accepted historical result. Even after a thesis is established, if other facts emerge, then the fore-discussed process begins once again to arrive at a tentative conclusion at that point of time.

In this way no one can befool people by declaring partisan views as history. It is a very rigorous exercise through which various facts have to pass before becoming history in real term otherwise there would be no difference between history and fiction writing.

That is why Dr. Oak's observations are considered his point of view, not accepted as historical truth. And same is true with many other events/issues.

Everyone would agree with your observation contained in the last para of your post that let history remain history and it should not be used for partisan ends.

Thanking you.

Our civilization is too old and maximum of places we will get sign of our civilization. I am unable to understand why we lost such a good civilization. May be due to some of Vibhisan with in our country.
    Friend,

India has a continuous flow of civilization for the last so many centuries and therefore there is no question of loosing such a good civilization. No Vibhisan can do finish our civilization.

Thanks.

" You will find the truth and the truth will set you free"

"Out of chaos comes order"

The truth should always be out, whatsoever be the consequences.

I have already explained my stand. Don't want to say anything more. I am not a supporter of digging truth (which, I believe, is impossible to establish and whatever comes out will remain controversial forever) at the cost of peace. All this can lead to a chaos (Again, you want order out of chaos but I support order without chaos). I don't see any point in dragging it further. Different people, different views. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hariom1972 View Post
    " You will find the truth and the truth will set you free"

"Out of chaos comes order"

The truth should always be out, whatsoever be the consequences.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to bazardparveen For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 27th, 2012)