Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Famous Jat - Rajput Blood Rivalry of Rajasthan, Historical insight !!

Quote Originally Posted by bsbana View Post
    Thousands of years ?? I don't think that our history goes back to thousands of years if it's not for speculations which connect Jats with different political dynasties. ....................
    Friend

Read good books on the topic and then come up for discussion on the history of India and the Jat history which is indeed very old ! On what basis you are saying that history of the Jats is just based on ''Speculations'' only.
    Do you think ordinary people have no history and only the ruling elite has monopoly on history. If yes, Friend come out of this wrong notion and face the reality. Today scope and methodology of history has changed and history from the below, history of a commonest man is considered as important as the history of the so called highest or mightiest ! Then how you can deny over 2-3 thousand years old history of Jats and label it speculative !

Since we have drifted from the topic of thread, I beg permission to request you to allow me not to interfere in your presentations, Adieu !

Thanks
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; January 5th, 2013 at 10:57 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

nrao (January 20th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friend

Read good books on the topic and then come up for discussion on the history of India and the Jat history which is indeed very old ! On what basis you are saying that history of the Jats is just based on ''Speculations'' only.
    Do you think ordinary people have no history and only the ruling elite has monopoly on history. If yes, Friend come out of this wrong notion and face the reality. Today scope and methodology of history has changed and history from the below, history of a commonest man is considered as important as the history of the so called highest or mightiest ! Then how you can deny over 2-3 thousand years old history of Jats and label it speculative !

Since we have drifted from the topic of thread, I beg permission to request you to allow me not to interfere in your presentations, Adieu !

Thanks
    Connection with Gupta and Mauryans are speculative. Mention in Panini's grammar is also speculative. I think that authentic history of Jats starts from 1500 year only. Yes, Jat clans are mentioned in different sources but I think elite Jats were converted into Rajputs fold in Mount Abu and different places. And we were left with agriculturalist Jat farmers. By history I meant political history of Jat identity.
    Last edited by bsbana; January 6th, 2013 at 12:19 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bsbana For This Useful Post:

swaich (January 6th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post
    Rightly said. . "Oligarchies are more suitable to modern world", is not 100% korecct, in some cases it might be usefull but i think in modern world with changing times to maintain our identity in this population mass of India, we need to have a bit more centralized leadership that seeps down in a hierarchical system.
    I agree that bureaucracy is highest evolved form of organization.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Good information culled from
    Tod's two volumes of 1829, Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan.
    Yes, Britishers wanted to make the rulers happy. I read this description and it does not anywhere meet with archaeological or any other perspective. Even the gotra names are not correctly given.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; January 6th, 2013 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post
    Yes, Britishers needed to make make the rulers happy. I read this description and it does not anywhere meet with archaeological or any other perspective. Even the gotra names are not correctly given.
    I wonder, if it is really that good, in current perspective of knowledge.

From Col Tod's Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan.
    1. "There were small Jat republics in Northern rajasthan, princely state of Bikaner was found on ruins of these republics. Jat followed simple patriarchy which shows ancient gatae's love for liberty in despotic eastern lands."
    2. Jats in Bikaner might have came from Multan, after being defeated by Gazani.
    3. There was a case when Ranas of Mewar demanded 1000 Jat farmers to be transferred to Mewar regions from Marwar but Jat farmers refused, even ready to die. Marwar king took relief because he didn't want to lose farmers. However Mewar Rana offered batter terms and then Jat migrated to Mewar.
    http://archive.org/stream/annalsanti...2up/search/jat

Now these things have become a chapter of past history and cooperation and co-existence are the rules of the day to day life between different communities including the Jats and Rajputs.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.