Thread: Microsoft Surface

Microsoft Surface

Microsoft forays into tablet market with a new product called Surface. It looks promising and powerful. Probably you may not need to buy Laptops in future. Thus saving you money.
    Lets wait for further details on RAM etc.

Comparision with iPad:

Here's the breakdown:
    Spec Surface RT Surface Pro New iPad (Third Generation)
    Operating System Windows RT Windows 8 iOS 5
    Weight 1.49 lbs 1.99 lbs 1.44 lbs (Wi-Fi model), 1.46 lbs (Wi-Fi + Cellular model)
    Thickness 9.3 mm 13.5 mm 9.4 mm
    Battery 31.5 W-h battery, no word on battery life 42 W-h battery, no word on battery life 42.5 W-h battery, 10 hours of life on Wi-Fi, 9 hours of life on cellular
    Storage 32 GB or 64 GB 64 GB or 128 GB 16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB
    Ports USB 2.0, Micro SD USB 3.0, Micro SD Charging port
    Processor, RAM Nvidia ARM processor (no specifics on speed yet) Intel Core i5 (no specifics on speed yet) Dual-core 1GHz A5X, 1 GB RAM
    Data Connection Wi-Fi only Wi-Fi only Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi with 4G LTE, or Wi-Fi with 3G (depending on country and carrier)

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/micro...#ixzz1yNq24pMx

Please post your views.
    Last edited by vicky84; June 21st, 2012 at 06:31 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

amankadian (June 21st, 2012), anilphogat (June 22nd, 2012), ashe (June 21st, 2012), deependra (June 21st, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (June 21st, 2012), vikasJAT (June 21st, 2012)

Video on Surface launch:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 21st, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    Microsoft forays into tablet market with a new product called Surface. It looks promising and powerful. Probably you may not need to buy Laptops in future. Thus saving you money.

Comparision with iPad:

Here's the breakdown:
    Weight 1.49 lbs 1.99 lbs 1.44 lbs (Wi-Fi model), 1.46 lbs (Wi-Fi + Cellular model)
    Battery 31.5 W-h battery, no word on battery life 42 W-h battery, no word on battery life 42.5 W-h battery, 10 hours of life on Wi-Fi, 9 hours of life on cellular
    Processor, RAM Nvidia ARM processor (no specifics on speed yet) Intel Core i5 (no specifics on speed yet) Dual-core 1GHz A5X, 1 GB RAM
    Data Connection Wi-Fi only Wi-Fi only Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi with 4G LTE, or Wi-Fi with 3G (depending on country and carrier)

Please post your views.
    Very interesting news! Thanks Friend for sharing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

vicky84 (June 21st, 2012)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Bhai,
    worst thing about Microsoft products is the virus...कितने भी धूप बत्ती - गंडा डोरी कर ल्यो एंटी वायरस की.... वायरस लागे बिना रह इ कोणी..... अप्प्ल आल्या की चीज़ में यो वाईरस आला खांसी खुर्रा कोणी होवे...... मस्त सौद्दा स ipad ....

Comparision with iPad:

Here's the breakdown:

Please post your views.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anilsangwan For This Useful Post:

deependra (June 21st, 2012), malikdeepak1 (June 21st, 2012), vicky84 (June 21st, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    Bhai,
    worst thing about Microsoft products is the virus...कितने भी धूप बत्ती - गंडा डोरी कर ल्यो एंटी वायरस की.... वायरस लागे बिना रह इ कोणी..... अप्प्ल आल्या की चीज़ में यो वाईरस आला खांसी खुर्रा कोणी होवे...... मस्त सौद्दा स ipad ....
    Bhai Microsoft kept this project(Surface) secret from its manufacturing partners and rest of the world. Microsoft has learned from apple to have own hardware and software for tablets. So there is tight intergation between Hardware and software. In the past, Microsoft has been involved in manufacturing hardware. But it has been a roller coaster ride. Successful product like XBOX and a failure product like Zune.

I must admit that Microsoft is still 2-3 years behind apple in tablet market. But still i see it a very good start. Lets see how customers feel about this tablet.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (June 22nd, 2012), deependra (June 21st, 2012), JSRana (June 21st, 2012), vikasJAT (June 21st, 2012)

Bhai Microsoft kept this project(Surface) secret from its manufacturing partners and rest of the world. Microsoft has learned from apple to have own hardware and software for tablets. So there is tight intergation between Hardware and software. In the past, Microsoft has been involved in manufacturing hardware. But it has been a roller coaster ride. Successful product like XBOX and a failure product like Zune.

I must admit that Microsoft is still 2-3 years behind apple in tablet market. But still i see it a very good start. Lets see how customers feel about this tablet.
    Let's see how it goes, but Microsoft has always been a failure whenever it jumped to hardware. Not sure what is the price which is a big deciding factor.
    Lack of apps will also be a downside, I believe.
    जिंदगी पथ है मंजिल की तरफ जाने का,
    जिंदगी नाम है तूफानों से टकराने का.
    मौत तो बस चैन से सो जाने की बदनामी है,
    जिंदगी गीत है मस्ती से सदा गाने का..

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deependra For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (June 22nd, 2012), vicky84 (June 22nd, 2012)

Xbox and Kinact are very successfull hardware products of MS, and this also looks great(also has its own apps store.. like ipad). although MS has bad experience with tablets, pricing will be the key for the success of this product.
    It's the end of an era. Or maybe the start of a new one. main thing is that they wants to be in hardware for its windows which is now competing with android to hold its market share.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to anilphogat For This Useful Post:

vicky84 (June 22nd, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by deependra View Post
    Yes I agree with you. Microsoft has acknowledged the fact its the apps which derive the success of a tablet. Comparatively Andriod and other open source communities, Microsoft developer community is much smaller. Microsoft has also sidelined .Net for apps development. The focus is more on Javascript and HTML 5. Microsoft's MVC is open source. So probably the community will become bigger as the time passes. The other factor which may dominate in future is the investment in cloud.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (June 22nd, 2012), deependra (June 22nd, 2012)

I bought Kindle Fire last year and it's really good product, should say value for money. There are few features which are lacking like Camera- making it unsuitable for video chat, lack of 3G, less battery life. But overall, I liked the product and the only thing I wish they could have improved is the screen size which is 7'- making reading a bit difficult from PDFs.
    जिंदगी पथ है मंजिल की तरफ जाने का,
    जिंदगी नाम है तूफानों से टकराने का.
    मौत तो बस चैन से सो जाने की बदनामी है,
    जिंदगी गीत है मस्ती से सदा गाने का..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to deependra For This Useful Post:

vicky84 (June 23rd, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by deependra View Post
    Let's see how it goes, but Microsoft has always been a failure whenever it jumped to hardware. Not sure what is the price which is a big deciding factor.
    Friend,

You have raised valid questions to be kept in mind while deciding the purchase!!!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

deependra (June 24th, 2012), vicky84 (June 23rd, 2012)