Thread: Are Hindi Movies and News Channels actually Hindi News channels?????

Are Hindi Movies and News Channels actually Hindi News channels?????

I have been observing carefully over the past 2-3 years that all Hindi News channels are heavily using Urdu words in their news presentation. The increasingly excessive use of such heavy urdu words as 'shiddat', shirkat, 'jamaat', 'shaamil', 'jhamuriyat', istakbaal', etc. etc. makes me think ARE THESE ACTUALLY HINDI NEWS CHANNELS OR URDU NEWS CHANNELS.

Hindi movies as it is, are not actually hindi movies from the very beginning. It would be better to call them URDU movies. And, the trend of heavy dosage of Urdu is further growing. The only thing hindi in hindi movies is Hindi (Hindu) names of characters in them.

What really makes one sit up and take is whether this trend of heavy usage by the news channels of urdu language is by chance/accident or by a design/gameplan? Because all the so called hindi channels are following this trend - I GUESS PAKISTAN TV WOULD BE USING LESSER CHASTE URDU THAN THE SO CALLED HINDI NEWS CHANNELS.

When you are continuously bombarded with those urdu words both in the various forms of media (print/electronic) as well as the movies, would the fate of Hindi be the same as that of Sanskrit in the years to come.

Well, at the same time you get to see so many so called happening people (Hindus) repeating INSHA ALLAH with every sentence. Give me one example of a Muslim, a Christian or any other community saying 'HEY BHAGWAN' with every sentence.

I guess we are on a self-destruct mode in terms of our culture, language, customs, religion, etc.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (June 22nd, 2012), dndeswal (June 22nd, 2012), malikdeepak1 (June 22nd, 2012), sjakhars (June 22nd, 2012)

First if all, I dont notice such a trend, it will be interesting to see if others on this forum agree with you.

Secondly, the reason much of Bollywood songs and dialogues look more Urdu than chaste Hindi is because of the effect of the early pioneers of India cinema. Most of the lyricists, dialogue writers were well versed in Urdu. People like Naushad, Sahir Ludhianvi, Maleehabadi etc wrote and composed mainly in Urdu. Some of this has continued to the contemporary period.

Thirdly, why does Urdu or its speakers sound alien to you? Urdu was born in India, probably around the cantonments around Delhi. Just because some one speaks in Urdu means they are losing their culture? When you listen to a Sufi song or a Nusrat qawalli your culture faces danger?

Language like all cultural aspects continuously evolves itself. Hindi and Urdu are siblings of each other. One borrowed more from Sanskrit while the other more from Persian/Arabic.

i agree with jaspreet sir

aise toh english bhi bahut use hoti hai-

more over just a movie

koi hindi ka exam thode hi na hai- jo sab kuch exact hindi mei ho

moreover-

as long as audience understands it - its ok

whats the point of using such language- agar samne wale ko samajh na aaye

i bet pure hindi bolna n samajhna is quite tough

Quote Originally Posted by AbhikRana View Post
    I have been observing carefully over the past 2-3 years that all Hindi News channels are heavily using Urdu words in their news presentation. The increasingly excessive use of such heavy urdu words as 'shiddat', shirkat, 'jamaat', 'shaamil', 'jhamuriyat', istakbaal', etc. etc. makes me think ARE THESE ACTUALLY HINDI NEWS CHANNELS OR URDU NEWS CHANNELS.

Hindi movies as it is, are not actually hindi movies from the very beginning. It would be better to call them URDU movies. And, the trend of heavy dosage of Urdu is further growing. The only thing hindi in hindi movies is Hindi (Hindu) names of characters in them.

What really makes one sit up and take is whether this trend of heavy usage by the news channels of urdu language is by chance/accident or by a design/gameplan? Because all the so called hindi channels are following this trend - I GUESS PAKISTAN TV WOULD BE USING LESSER CHASTE URDU THAN THE SO CALLED HINDI NEWS CHANNELS.

When you are continuously bombarded with those urdu words both in the various forms of media (print/electronic) as well as the movies, would the fate of Hindi be the same as that of Sanskrit in the years to come.

Well, at the same time you get to see so many so called happening people (Hindus) repeating INSHA ALLAH with every sentence. Give me one example of a Muslim, a Christian or any other community saying 'HEY BHAGWAN' with every sentence.

I guess we are on a self-destruct mode in terms of our culture, language, customs, religion, etc.

I would ignore Bollywood, as multiple compulsions are associates including underworld money, offshore business, etc...
    But standard of grammar in prominent Hindi newspapers is pathetic these days. Forget about their spicy news, even editorial/columns are full of grammatical errors. Why media is having obsession of English/Urdu words instead Sanskrit/Deshaj shabd?? It is an enigma to me!

Quote Originally Posted by AbhikRana View Post

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (June 22nd, 2012), malikdeepak1 (June 22nd, 2012)