Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: London Olympics

Out of curiosity
    I was going thru official site for London Olympics -----

Just wanna see----How many participants---their intro

I got many name n profile listed under the tab- All Athletes
    Concern is I could not find Vijendar's name , Sumit Sangwan , Nehwal was not there

As per my observation , official sites has all info on all participants -sort of small intro

last I checked was of Euro Cup 2012- it has some info of every player

This is the first time - i m checking Olympics web has anyone tried this before-----

Is it just some mistake---or some sort of reasoning is there

If any of the folks wanna check out:

http://www.london2012.com/country/in...tes/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by rekha View Post
    Out of curiosity
    I was going thru official site for London Olympics -----

Just wanna see----How many participants---their intro

I got many name n profile listed under the tab- All Athletes
    Concern is I could not find Vijendar's name , Sumit Sangwan , Nehwal was not there

As per my observation , official sites has all info on all participants -sort of small intro

last I checked was of Euro Cup 2012- it has some info of every player

This is the first time - i m checking Olympics web has anyone tried this before-----

Is it just some mistake---or some sort of reasoning is there

If any of the folks wanna check out:

http://www.london2012.com/country/in...tes/index.html
    You didn't navigate properly I guess.
    Here is her profile - http://www.london2012.com/athlete/nehwal-saina-1108092/ .
    Athletes' profiles are sorted according to their last names. You need to click on alphabets on right hand side and then navigate. For example, hit N for Nehwal and that brings up Narang, Gagan and Nehwal, Saina

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VPannu For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), anilsangwan (August 1st, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (August 2nd, 2012), malikdeepak1 (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), sunillore (August 2nd, 2012)

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to anilsangwan For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 1st, 2012), cooljat (August 1st, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (August 2nd, 2012), malikdeepak1 (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), sunillore (August 2nd, 2012), VPannu (August 1st, 2012)

thnx got it-----
    i did not navigate thru that sport category

Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    You didn't navigate properly I guess.
    Here is her profile - http://www.london2012.com/athlete/nehwal-saina-1108092/ .
    Athletes' profiles are sorted according to their last names. You need to click on alphabets on right hand side and then navigate. For example, hit N for Nehwal and that brings up Narang, Gagan and Nehwal, Saina

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 1st, 2012), anilsangwan (August 1st, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012)

dhanyawad

dekh liye g sare

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 1st, 2012), anilsangwan (August 1st, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012)

Olympic main India ka kuch khas nhi kia aaj tak.......ye jaankar bahut dhuk hota hai.

itni vishaal desh hone per bhi

mere hissaab se 15-20 medal milege honge inko aaj tak .
    Last edited by amankadian; August 1st, 2012 at 10:19 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amankadian For This Useful Post:

Arveend (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by amankadian View Post
    Olympic main India ka kuch khas nhi kia aaj tak.......ye jaankar bahut dhuk hota hai.

तेरे हिसाब क आगे त आर्यभट्ट भी पानी भरे स भाई !

पन्द्रह बीस तो इस ढाल कह दिए जणू फेल्प्स और ल्य्तियाना तनने टांग तले क काड राखे हो !
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

amankadian (August 2nd, 2012), anilphogat (August 2nd, 2012), anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), anilsangwan (August 2nd, 2012), daivischahal (August 2nd, 2012), kapdal (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (August 2nd, 2012), VPannu (August 2nd, 2012)

How does Country Ranking decided-----

on the basis of count of medals G + S + B

or just specifically Gold Medals.

1- If I consider count of all the medals then France should be at better rank comparing to Republic of korea

2- It seems first criteria is Number of Gold medals- in case of tie total count is considered

just guessing folks------

Searching------but no concretion web----which suggest method for - Olympic Ranking

may be someone can help

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012)

First number of Golds are counted. If it is same for more than one country, then number of silver are counted. on the same lines number of bronze are counted if silver medals are same in number.
    Last edited by malikdeepak1; August 2nd, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malikdeepak1 For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), sunillore (August 2nd, 2012)

ok-------thnx-----
    any weblink that i can refer to

Quote Originally Posted by malikdeepak1 View Post
    First number of Golds are counted. If it is same for more than one country, then number of silver are counted. on the same lines number of bronze are counted are silver medals are same in number.

Quote Originally Posted by rekha View Post
    ok-------thnx-----
    any weblink that i can refer to
    How about some common sense ?
    Simple formula is :
    Which one is most precious among all? Gold, Silver or Bronze?

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VPannu For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), anilsangwan (August 2nd, 2012), malikdeepak1 (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), ravinderjeet (August 2nd, 2012), vijaykajla1 (August 2nd, 2012)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    तेरे हिसाब क आगे त आर्यभट्ट भी पानी भरे स भाई !

पन्द्रह बीस तो इस ढाल कह दिए जणू फेल्प्स और ल्य्तियाना तनने टांग तले क काड राखे हो !

Samar bhaii ... itni tension na lo .. baki sachaii to yahi h ki aal in all india ke aaj tak 19 medal aaye h

A COUNTRY CALLED PHELPS

With 19 medals,Michael Phelps now holds the record for most Olympic medals won by an individual.Thats exactly equal to the total medals won by India so far at the Olympics

PHELPS

2004 |
    8 medals |
    Gold:
    100m,200m butterfly;200m,400m individual medley;4x200m freestyle relay;4x100m medley relay |
    Bronze:
    200m freestyle,4x100m freestyle relay

2008 |
    8 gold medals: 100m,200m butterfly;200m freestyle;200m,400m individual medley;4x200m freestyle relay;4x100m medley relay;4x100m freestyle relay

2012 |
    3 so far |
    Gold:
    4x200m freestyle relay |
    Silver:
    4x100m freestyle relay,200m butterfly

INDIA

19 medals |
    22 Olympics

(not counting Norman Pritchards 2 silver medals in 1900 Paris Games)

Mens hockey |
    8 gold,1 silver,2 bronze
    Shooting |
    1 gold,1 silver,1 bronze
    Wrestling |
    2 bronze
    Tennis,weightlifting and boxing |
    1 bronze each
    Navdeep Khatkar
    मिट्टी का तन, मस्ती का मन, क्षण भर जीवन, मेरा परिचय

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to navdeepkhatkar For This Useful Post:

amankadian (August 2nd, 2012), anilphogat (August 2nd, 2012), anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), malikdeepak1 (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), ravinderjeet (August 2nd, 2012), ravinderpannu (August 2nd, 2012), vijaykajla1 (August 2nd, 2012)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    How about some common sense ?
    के मुफ्त बंटे स या चीज़....? बड़ी मुस्किल आवे स...

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to anilsangwan For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), malikdeepak1 (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (August 2nd, 2012), ravinderjeet (August 2nd, 2012), vijaykajla1 (August 2nd, 2012), VPannu (August 2nd, 2012)

THEEK KAH Sa BHAI AMAN, WOH KHEL NA HOTE OLYMPIC MEIN JIN MEIN INDIA GOLD MEDAL JEETE.

NAH TOH SAARE GOLD MEDAL INDIA DHORE HI HOTE.

(Aise kai khelon Ki information Kalmadi pa bhi mil jaagi).
    Last edited by Sure; August 2nd, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
    Everyone in Our life is going to hurt us, sooner or later. But we have to decide. what's more important? The Pain Or The Person.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

amankadian (August 2nd, 2012), anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), malikdeepak1 (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), ravinderjeet (August 2nd, 2012), vijaykajla1 (August 2nd, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by navdeepkhatkar View Post

Samar bhaii ... itni tension na lo .. baki sachaii to yahi h ki aal in all india ke aaj tak 19 medal aaye h

A COUNTRY CALLED PHELPS

With 19 medals,Michael Phelps now holds the record for most Olympic medals won by an individual.Thats exactly equal to the total medals won by India so far at the Olympics

PHELPS

2004 |
    8 medals |
    Gold:
    100m,200m butterfly;200m,400m individual medley;4x200m freestyle relay;4x100m medley relay |
    Bronze:
    200m freestyle,4x100m freestyle relay

2008 |
    8 gold medals: 100m,200m butterfly;200m freestyle;200m,400m individual medley;4x200m freestyle relay;4x100m medley relay;4x100m freestyle relay

2012 |
    3 so far |
    Gold:
    4x200m freestyle relay |
    Silver:
    4x100m freestyle relay,200m butterfly

INDIA

19 medals |
    22 Olympics

(not counting Norman Pritchards 2 silver medals in 1900 Paris Games)

Mens hockey |
    8 gold,1 silver,2 bronze
    Shooting |
    1 gold,1 silver,1 bronze
    Wrestling |
    2 bronze
    Tennis,weightlifting and boxing |
    1 bronze each
    SARA Times of India Chap Diya Aaj Ka, Good information, keep it up.
    Everyone in Our life is going to hurt us, sooner or later. But we have to decide. what's more important? The Pain Or The Person.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (August 2nd, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Sure View Post
    SARA Times of India Chap Diya Aaj Ka, Good information, keep it up.
    Ib information to information ho s e.. che va kite te chapi ho .... kime jhuth ho to bataoo
    Navdeep Khatkar
    मिट्टी का तन, मस्ती का मन, क्षण भर जीवन, मेरा परिचय

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to navdeepkhatkar For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), ravinderjeet (August 2nd, 2012), sunillore (August 2nd, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by navdeepkhatkar View Post
    Ib information to information ho s e.. che va kite te chapi ho .... kime jhuth ho to bataoo
    Exactly accurate and updated, Thanks.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 2nd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), navdeepkhatkar (August 4th, 2012), ravinderjeet (August 2nd, 2012), sunillore (August 2nd, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Sure View Post
    THEEK KAH Sa BHAI AMAN, WOH KHEL NA HOTE OLYMPIC MEIN JIN MEIN INDIA GOLD MEDAL JEETE.

NAH TOH SAARE GOLD MEDAL INDIA DHORE HI HOTE.

(Aise kai khelon Ki information Kalmadi pa bhi mil jaagi).
    Aapki baat maani padegi fer bhi India bahut badi country hai or ab to khelo ke liye govt bahut kuch kar rhi hai. asie bahut kam game hoge jo India main nhi ab to F1 tak ke bhi track tyaar hoge India main.ab hockey ko dhek lo Hockey to India ka main game hai bhai. Uska kya hua.

Baki muje lagta hai Indian main International games main Cricket or National main kabbadi ko passand kiya jata hai .

I wish we would have worked some thing better for Soccer as well

Whenever i see any Soccer Cup-----n India plays bad------

I felt absolutely disappointed---

I guess we should Club Culture like UK or something ( may be ho of which i m not aware)

Aapki baat maani padegi fer bhi India bahut badi country hai or ab to khelo ke liye govt bahut kuch kar rhi hai. asie bahut kam game hoge jo India main nhi ab to F1 tak ke bhi track tyaar hoge India main.ab hockey ko dhek lo Hockey to India ka main game hai bhai. Uska kya hua.

Baki muje lagta hai Indian main International games main Cricket or National main kabbadi ko passand kiya jata hai .

35. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

amankadian (August 3rd, 2012)

Saina through to Semi Final in straight sets! Well done, proud of the nation!

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spdeshwal For This Useful Post:

anilrana (August 3rd, 2012), anilsangwan (August 3rd, 2012), narvir (August 4th, 2012), rekhasmriti (August 3rd, 2012)