Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: embarrassing dental problems

embarrassing dental problems

DEAR JATLANDERS

there are many dental problems that are quite embarrassing for the individual facing it nd people with such problems are sometime scared to be social in extreme cases..i m listing few such dental conditions that hv direct effect not only on ur dental health but also effect ur mental and social well being. today i will start with most common situation and in the coming posts i will discuss some more common problems and effective solutions. ur queries are welcomed. U can posts ur queries here or please feel free to post it to my mail id : rahuldudy@gmail.com

1. HALITOSIS (bad breath) :

this is most common of all the dental problems that is quite embrassing. patients with such problems are quite depressed nd isolated because they are scared to talk to anybody. i hv faced extreme situation in my practice where the girl was threatned to divorce by her husband nd many cases it was the key factor in broken relationships. people in urban areas are well known that their is solution for this problem bt in rural areas this is still a problem.
    ETIOLOGY (causes) :
    - Smoking
    - Alcohol
    - periodontal or gum disease that causes teeth to become loose, thereby creating pockets in the gums that harbour bacteria and lead to bad breath
    - chronic lung or sinus(nose) infections
    - breathing through your mouth because of enlarged tonsils or adenoids(ganthu)
    - systemic diseases such as diabetes, liver disease, or kidney disorders
    pregnancy
    - not brushing and flossing regularly

TREATMENT :
    - Brush your teeth 3 times a day and floss once daily
    - Clean your tongue before bedtime by scraping with a plastic tongue cleaner or brushing gently.
    - Prevent hunger breath by eating regularly and avoiding fasting or skipping meals.
    - Ask your dentist to recommend a specific cleaning system that can help clean your mouth more thoroughly than with just regular brushing.
    - Keep your nose and sinuses clean.
    - Stimulate saliva flow with acidic fruits such as oranges and lemons or sugarless citric gums and candy.
    - Eat more fibrous foods. Chew fibrous vegetables such as parsley and wintergreen to stimulate saliva flow.
    - Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily to keep your mouth moist and to help rinse away odour-forming bacteria.
    - Decrease alcohol and coffee intake.
    - Ask your doctor or pharmacist whether your medications are causing problems of dry mouth that may be leading to bad breath

NOTE: the above mentioned points are in general to prevent bad breath. but the treatment in most cases is individual patient based.

IN THE COMING POSTS I WILL BE PRESENTING U SOME CASE REPORTS OF SUCH DENTAL PROBLEMS SO THAT U CAN HV SOME BETTER UNDERSTANDING. EVERY PROBLEM WILL BE HAVING PATIENTS WITH SUCH KIND OF PROBLEMS AND THEN THE POST TREATMENT PHOTOGRAPHS. I M HAPPY THAT ONE OF OUR JATLANDER FRIEND HAS APPROACHED ME WITH SUCH KIND OF PROBLEM AND I AM WORKING HARD TO CORRECT HIS PROBLEM. THIS INSPIRED ME TO START THIS THREAD AND I WILL BE HAPPY IF IT WILL BE HELPFULL FOR JATLANDERS.

REGARDS
    DR.KARMINDER, MDS(endodontics and cosmetic dentistry)
    rahuldudy@gmail.com
    Last edited by drkarminder; July 14th, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
    We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

amankadian (July 15th, 2012), anilsangwan (July 14th, 2012), anuragsunda (July 15th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (July 14th, 2012), narvir (July 14th, 2012), ndalal (July 14th, 2012), op1955 (July 15th, 2012), ravinderjeet (July 14th, 2012), rekhasmriti (July 15th, 2012), Saharan1628 (July 15th, 2012), sanjeev_balyan (July 14th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (July 15th, 2012), sumitra18 (July 16th, 2012), sunillore (July 14th, 2012), vicky84 (July 15th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (July 15th, 2012), vikasJAT (July 16th, 2012)

Very good Information. Thanks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

drkarminder (July 14th, 2012)

mid line diastema( gap between upper most front two teeth):

this is the next dental problem that hv genetic predisposition nd is quite common but unacceptable for some people.

chief complaint: this 30 years old lady reported to my dept with this problem and the case was alloted to me. this patient was so depressed and embrrassed that she had habbit of hiding her face under her hand all the time. she was quite hopeless as she had an experience of a previously failed treatment for the same problem nd was charged quite high. here are shown the pre nd post treatment pics. clickopen nd see.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_5172.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	15008

because of availability of tooth colored restorative materials nw a days,we can restore the tooth form in exactly the same shade and color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_5178.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	15009  
    Last edited by drkarminder; July 15th, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
    We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

sunillore (July 15th, 2012)

भाई कर्मिंदर, एक की जगह तीन ज्ञान जाड़ (wisdom teeth) जाम यावे तो वै आगा का दांतां नै आडा- टेढा कर दै सै. दांतां का डाक्टर जाती न्यू कहगा ज्ञान जाड़ पाड़णी पड़ेगी. फेर अगली पीढी मै बी यो ही दिक्कत. . म्हारा पाड़ोस का कुणबा नै, पहल्या आपनी जाड़ पड़वाई, इब बाळकां की पड़वा कै ल्या रह्या सै.
    अहैंको किमी इलाज़ बता

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (July 15th, 2012), vicky84 (July 15th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (July 15th, 2012)

this is again a case of 65 year old retired colonel. he had these fillings done in military dental center (this is also one reason why i dont like army dental corps people). its quite obvious that the fillings are very bad and the patient was not at all happy with his appearence. so,old filllings were removed , shade nd color selection was done nd in the end col shahab was so happy that he invited me for dinner. why i m discussing such cases is that hw much damage ur ill dental health can do to u,above mentioned both the cases r example where their bad dental health directly effected their social life.

Name:	IMG_5209.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	15010 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5213.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	15011

pretreatment post treatment
    Last edited by drkarminder; July 15th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (July 15th, 2012), sunillore (July 15th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by deshi-jat View Post
    भाई कर्मिंदर, एक की जगह तीन ज्ञान जाड़ (wisdom teeth) जाम यावे तो वै आगा का दांतां नै आडा- टेढा कर दै सै. दांतां का डाक्टर जाती न्यू कहगा ज्ञान जाड़ पाड़णी पड़ेगी. फेर अगली पीढी मै बी यो ही दिक्कत. . म्हारा पाड़ोस का कुणबा नै, पहल्या आपनी जाड़ पड़वाई, इब बाळकां की पड़वा कै ल्या रह्या सै.
    अहैंको किमी इलाज़ बता
    ha ha..krishan bhai..extra no. of teeth are also genetically determined sometime but its not a common happening. more than normal no. of teeth always give trouble because they erupt in malaligned position and are root cause of many dental problems. as u said,i will advice u to get them extracted if these are back teeth(jaad) and consult nearby dentist if these are front teeth.
    regards

and by the way for ur satisfaction, i want to tell you that i also have my all four wisdom teeth removed 2 years back. i got these teeth removed before they cause any problem.
    Last edited by drkarminder; July 15th, 2012 at 01:07 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (July 15th, 2012), sunillore (July 15th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by drkarminder View Post
    ....and by the way for ur satisfaction, i want to tell you that i also have my all four wisdom teeth removed 2 years back. i got these teeth removed before they cause any problem.
    Doctor Sahib two minor questions:

Why these Jaads are called wisdom teeth?

Does their removal cause lessening or increasing of the wisdom of concerned person?

Thanks
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; July 15th, 2012 at 02:59 AM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (July 15th, 2012), sumitra18 (July 16th, 2012), vicky84 (July 15th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (July 15th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post

Does their removal cause lessening or increasing of the wisdom of concerned person?
    Hahaha!! Aisa bhi hota hai kya. Kya sir, aap bhi

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (July 15th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (July 15th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (July 15th, 2012)

Karminder, bhot badiya information. You deserve kudos for this information!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (July 17th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (July 15th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (July 15th, 2012)

Dr. Sahaab pahli wali problem ka thos treatment batao. Whenever I drunk my misses start complaining. I tried so many products from colgate, close-up, pepsodent and others also but no satisfactory solution.
    :rock Who CARESSSSSS :rock

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nkumars83 For This Useful Post:

vicky84 (July 15th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Doctor Sahib two minor questions:

Why these Jaads are called wisdom teeth?

Thanks
    there are two popular names for 3rd molar tooth(scientific name) in general :

1. wisdom tooth - because this tooth comes by its own wish between 19-22 years of age nd even smtime in later age. in many ppl it is missing also. so its the wish of this tooth regarding time and presence or absence. so the name wisdom tooth.
    2. akal jaad - because that above mentioned age is after teenage where an individual usually becomes wise,start career nd enter adulthood. so its called akal jaad.

there is no link of any teeh with the intelligence of a person. wisdom tooth only cause problem nd is treated as vestigial. now a days we also prefer to remove this tooth in an early age of like 15 or 16 years when it is just a bud nd not fully erupted as a prophylactic measure.
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by nkumars83 View Post
    Dr. Sahaab pahli wali problem ka thos treatment batao. Whenever I drunk my misses start complaining. I tried so many products from colgate, close-up, pepsodent and others also but no satisfactory solution.
    - i wd like u to first visit ur dentist to get ur teeth cleaning(scaling) nd do the same every six month without missing a single appointment.
    - secondrly ask ur dentist to ask proper method of brushing ur teeth because u might be thinking that u r daily doing brushing but without right methods of brushing it is of no use.

- if u hv any decayed tooth in ur mouth get it filled. in decayed tooth food stucks nd all over night coz of closed mouth it give foul smell next day.

- change ur brush every 3 months. it hardly cost 20-30 rupees. use colgate total tooth paste. its the best toothpaste available in market today with all essential contents.
    - after brush use LISTERIN mouthwash daily without adding water.
    - stop taking onion as snacks nd reduce alcohol intake.
    nd lastly change ur liquor brand..switchon to sm good scotch,rum or vodka. ha ah..just joking..

regards
    Last edited by drkarminder; July 15th, 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks a lot for sharing such information
    JAT = JUSTICE + ACTION + TRUTH

" girl was threatned to divorce by her husband "

not this is the height !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEAR JATLANDERS

there are many dental problems that are quite embarrassing for the individual facing it nd people with such problems are sometime scared to be social in extreme cases..i m listing few such dental conditions that hv direct effect not only on ur dental health but also effect ur mental and social well being. today i will start with most common situation and in the coming posts i will discuss some more common problems and effective solutions. ur queries are welcomed. U can posts ur queries here or please feel free to post it to my mail id : rahuldudy@gmail.com

this is most common of all the dental problems that is quite embrassing. patients with such problems are quite depressed nd isolated because they are scared to talk to anybody. i hv faced extreme situation in my practice where the girl was threatned to divorce by her husband nd many cases it was the key factor in broken relationships. people in urban areas are well known that their is solution for this problem bt in rural areas this is still a problem.
    ETIOLOGY (causes) :
    - Smoking
    - Alcohol
    - periodontal or gum disease that causes teeth to become loose, thereby creating pockets in the gums that harbour bacteria and lead to bad breath
    pregnancy

TREATMENT :
    - Clean your tongue before bedtime by scraping with a plastic tongue cleaner or brushing gently.
    - Prevent hunger breath by eating regularly and avoiding fasting or skipping meals.
    - Ask your dentist to recommend a specific cleaning system that can help clean your mouth more thoroughly than with just regular brushing.
    - Stimulate saliva flow with acidic fruits such as oranges and lemons or sugarless citric gums and candy.
    - Eat more fibrous foods. Chew fibrous vegetables such as parsley and wintergreen to stimulate saliva flow.
    - Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily to keep your mouth moist and to help rinse away odour-forming bacteria.
    - Ask your doctor or pharmacist whether your medications are causing problems of dry mouth that may be leading to bad breath

NOTE: the above mentioned points are in general to prevent bad breath. but the treatment in most cases is individual patient based.

IN THE COMING POSTS I WILL BE PRESENTING U SOME CASE REPORTS OF SUCH DENTAL PROBLEMS SO THAT U CAN HV SOME BETTER UNDERSTANDING. EVERY PROBLEM WILL BE HAVING PATIENTS WITH SUCH KIND OF PROBLEMS AND THEN THE POST TREATMENT PHOTOGRAPHS. I M HAPPY THAT ONE OF OUR JATLANDER FRIEND HAS APPROACHED ME WITH SUCH KIND OF PROBLEM AND I AM WORKING HARD TO CORRECT HIS PROBLEM. THIS INSPIRED ME TO START THIS THREAD AND I WILL BE HAPPY IF IT WILL BE HELPFULL FOR JATLANDERS.

REGARDS
    rahuldudy@gmail.com

i m not so sure---but i guess i had the same issue-
    which i got treated long time back in school-

mid line diastema( gap between upper most front two teeth):

this is the next dental problem that hv genetic predisposition nd is quite common but unacceptable for some people.

chief complaint: this 30 years old lady reported to my dept with this problem and the case was alloted to me. this patient was so depressed and embrrassed that she had habbit of hiding her face under her hand all the time. she was quite hopeless as she had an experience of a previously failed treatment for the same problem nd was charged quite high. here are shown the pre nd post treatment pics. clickopen nd see.

Name:	_MG_5172.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	15008

because of availability of tooth colored restorative materials nw a days,we can restore the tooth form in exactly the same shade and color.

Bhaisahab,
    i m not an expert but school-college mei itne chakkar mare hai dentist ke -
    so thoda bahut gyan hai

pehla solution jugad: mint strips--mouth freshners

2nd permanent :
    - bush twice in a day
    - mouth wash must
    -no aerated drinks -candies-sweets at night
    - drink as much as plane water
    - no smoke ( decays tooth enamel)
    - avoid sweets-candies-chocolates-sticky eatables

now in order to inculcate the permanent wali habits bhaisahab----time lagega---so as per my understanding jugad se shurru karo--n sath sath permanent wale solutions par kam karo

n most important -- Dr Karminder ki advice is way to better----1st visit dentist---may be there is some other issue

Quote Originally Posted by nkumars83 View Post

Is their any option for Flossing----i just found flossing so Y*****************
    ( god knows for what reasons---phir bhi rote-rote karna padta hai)

DEAR JATLANDERS

ETIOLOGY (causes) :
    - Smoking
    - Alcohol
    pregnancy

TREATMENT :

REGARDS
    rahuldudy@gmail.com

There is one famous poem regarding dentist visit- may be if someone want to chk it out:

http://originoftheword.blogspot.in/2...gden-nash.html

please note : every word of the poem is true-personal experience hai-

but jab har 1 mahine mei 2 chakkar maroge dentist ke----toh sab hesitation khatam ho jayegi

Oral Hygiene is very important ---- one must not ignore.

Thanks a lot for initiating such thread

DEAR JATLANDERS

ETIOLOGY (causes) :
    - Smoking
    - Alcohol
    pregnancy

TREATMENT :

REGARDS
    rahuldudy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rekha View Post
    Is their any option for Flossing----i just found flossing so Y*****************
    ( god knows for what reasons---phir bhi rote-rote karna padta hai)
    floss is specificaly designed to clean ur interdental areas..with any other aid u might injure ur gums.
    u can also use powered tooth brush if u r not comfortable with manual brushing. it is quite effective than manual toothbrush. i myself use powered tooth brush from ORAL-B. it will cost u around Rs.400 and then evry 2-3 months u hv to change the tip.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to drkarminder For This Useful Post:

sumitra18 (July 16th, 2012)