Thread: Situation is bleak in Engineering colleges of Haryana !!

Situation is bleak in Engineering colleges of Haryana !!

Admissions in Engg. colleges have drastically reduced in Haryana.
    Some potential reasons as per me are-
    1) No placements
    2) High fees
    3) Seats are much more than required
    4) Quality of education
    Please share your views on what could be the reasons for it.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

deependra (September 13th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (September 11th, 2012), saurabhjaglan (September 11th, 2012), vikasJAT (September 11th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    1) No placements
    2) High fees
    4) Quality of education
    sahi kaha bhai......pehle university campus me admissions ni hote the,seats k liye approach chahiye hoti thi...lekin aaj situation ye h ki seats khali padi hui hain.

thode din pehle mere ek friend ne bataya ki seats itni jyda khali badi hain ki management ne teachers ko target de diye ki itne bacho ka admission har lecturer karayega..example 1 lecturer 3-4 students ka admission karayega.

ab to bura haal ho rakha hai,pehle limited seats hoti thi approx. 40-45 (in case of MCA),lekin ab minimum 60-65 seats kar di hain.
    Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vikasJAT For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (September 11th, 2012)

I am completely agree with you.

But atleast these colleges have provided "degree" to jat candidates...and der saber sab kahin na kahin set bhee hue hain dhakke kha kha kar.

Otherwise bada mushkil tha ki itne saare jat engineers working hote aaz...and now these jats engineers usually guide ,help others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    1) No placements
    2) High fees
    4) Quality of education
    I find brothers in all castes , love in all religions. This whole world is my family .

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saurabhjaglan For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (September 11th, 2012), ravinderjeet (September 11th, 2012), vikasJAT (September 11th, 2012)

Friends,

Situation in all Engineering Colleges in Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan may be said to be not so rosy but it is not bleak. Leaving aside those newly founded Institutes meant for catering to the need of engineering education without providing required infrastructure including fully qualified staff, so many colleges are in great demand. Fee structure is also reasonable and placement of dully qualified engineers is no problem at all. Only half baked degree holders have to wait on this count. Mr. Jaglan has rightly said that rural candidates including therein the Jats also have got a God sent opportunity to join engineering stream only because previous Govts. of Haryana initiated the move to open up engineering education sector to private sector and the present government continues to follow the suit.

Even today there is a big demand of proficient engineers in IT, Teaching and other service sectors. Therefore there is no reason to be panicky regarding the future of engineering education in Haryana.

govt should start more institutes on Pharmacy, medical, hotel management. i have seen very few colleges on medical education and hotel management and there is huge scope of jobs. even in pharmacy sector i came acorss very little no of jats.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnytewatia For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (September 12th, 2012), ravinderjeet (September 12th, 2012)

I think IT has absorbed enough people but other sectors are not playing their part well. Manfacturing is not doing well in India. Without that job opportunities will be less and that is what happening in India. Other thing is reform in bureaucracy, labour laws. Lack of reforms keep millions of Indians unemployed !!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

deependra (September 13th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (September 12th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnytewatia View Post
    govt should start more institutes on Pharmacy, medical, hotel management. i have seen very few colleges on medical education and hotel management and there is huge scope of jobs. even in pharmacy sector i came acorss very little no of jats.
    You are right but opening of Medical colleges requires huge amount of funds in comparison to engineering or any other colleges in addition to recurring cost of running them is costlier affair. Therefore private investors and the government department has to plan big investment before starting such institutions no doubt badly needed to meet the demand of manpower in health sector.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; September 12th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

deependra (September 13th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    I think IT has absorbed enough people but other sectors are not playing their part well. Manfacturing is not doing well in India. Without that job opportunities will be less and that is what happening in India. Other thing is reform in bureaucracy, labour laws. Lack of reforms keep millions of Indians unemployed !!
    In spite of having employed several people in IT sector, the employment avenues are still open as recruitment drives are organised even these days from time to time. However, the stagnation in economy has hit employment opportunity for many other branches of engineering graduates and post-graduates. Hope the worst phase is nearing end and there would be spurt in recruitment for engineers.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

malikdeepak1 (September 13th, 2012), ravinderjeet (September 12th, 2012), vicky84 (September 12th, 2012)

I agree with you that employment avenues are still open but a lot needs to be done in other sectors. Being a new technology, IT survived from dead hands of labour department and bureaucracy. But other old businesses are still suffering. Economy mostly depends upon western spending. This model cannot survive in long run. We need to create opportunities domestically. So first change the governance model and then we can change other things too. Without change in governance, we will be whinging all the time!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    In spite of having employed several people in IT sector, the employment avenues are still open as recruitment drives are organised even these days from time to time. However, the stagnation in economy has hit employment opportunity for many other branches of engineering graduates and post-graduates. Hope the worst phase is nearing end and there would be spurt in recruitment for engineers.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

malikdeepak1 (September 13th, 2012), ravinderjeet (September 12th, 2012)

This is the best day of my life on Jatland.com

People have shared such fruitful suggestions on one thread without any fight.

Thanks to my dear friend Prikshit,Rajpal ji,Vikas,sunny and atish for a start and sharing their views.

This shows a positive growth on education section on JL.

Hope Neetu ji can help us with her Views on Latest trends in Testing jobs

expecting same from Ms Reenu in .Net .Devender in IAS section and Rekha ji in HR fields to help aspiring Jat candidates.

People out here have a rich experience and have worked hard and struggled a lot in their respective areas ,JL expects guidance from you....

Thanks..
    Last edited by saurabhjaglan; September 12th, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
    I find brothers in all castes , love in all religions. This whole world is my family .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to saurabhjaglan For This Useful Post:

op1955 (September 13th, 2012)

Though the quality of these tier 2 colleges are not at par but still lots of guys are getting JOB in big companies. Those student are not technically sound even after getting the engineering degree. I'll suggest them they have to prepare for other entrance examination like Bank PO, SSC etc. Apply for GATE and become eligible to to apply for several PSU Jobs like IOC, BEL, NTPC etc....

Quote Originally Posted by saurabhjaglan View Post
    This is the best day of my life on Jatland.com

People have shared such fruitful suggestions on one thread without any fight.

Thanks to my dear friend Prikshit,Rajpal ji,Vikas,sunny and atish for a start and sharing their views.

This shows a positive growth on education section on JL.

Hope Neetu ji can help us with her Views on Latest trends in Testing jobs

expecting same from Ms Reenu in .Net .Devender in IAS section and Rekha ji in HR fields to help aspiring Jat candidates.

People out here have a rich experience and have worked hard and struggled a lot in their respective areas ,JL expects guidance from you....

Thanks..
    Vivek Tomar
    Be Happy With Every Moment

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarzon For This Useful Post:

malikdeepak1 (September 13th, 2012), saurabhjaglan (September 13th, 2012)