Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: C for Congress, C for Corruption, C for Communalism and C for Crime

C for Congress, C for Corruption, C for Communalism and C for Crime

Is it just a co-incidence that C stands for all - Congress, corruption, communalism, crime?

The specific focus of this thread is Congress' corruption which it has indulged in over all these years (over 60 years), but which has only started coming to light recently because of the coming together of the civil society, media and judicial activism.

During the course of this thread, fellow members may come up with their contributions and further insight on this Corrupt Congress which is the mother of all the corruption in this country.

The first post on this thread is about Robert building an empire from virtually a scratch. A virtually no-one to a VVIP worth billions. Robert's family has been small-time business family before he became part of the self-appointed first family of this country. Though officially he is not a politician, he is no less than a politician worth the salt, in fact more than a politician, a deal-maker.

Well, Robert is not alone in this KHHICHADI, there is talk floating of Haryana ruling politicians' sons and sons-in-laws owning builder companies directly/indirectly and being given undue advantage/priviliges/concessions in land acquisition for their projects.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

bazardparveen (October 5th, 2012), cooljat (October 5th, 2012), neel6318 (May 23rd, 2018), rajpaldular (October 6th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (October 5th, 2012), skarmveer (October 29th, 2012)

Like I said, there are people with similar interest in every party. Not everyone in every party is a saint and nor every one is corrupt, hence this sort of generalization is biased.

BJP have had thr share of scams, so does INLD, so does DMK and so does every party.

A few examples are Gadkari and his latest association with Ajay Sancheti, Mayawati's association with Jaypee and Ponty Chadhdha and Mulayam's association with Anil Ambani. There have always been news about how they benefited due to thr relationship but we comfortably forget that because of our unidirectional view.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

neel6318 (May 23rd, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by AbhikRana View Post
    Is it just a co-incidence that C stands for all - Congress, corruption, communalism, crime?

The specific focus of this thread is Congress' corruption which it has indulged in over all these years (over 60 years), but which has only started coming to light recently because of the coming together of the civil society, media and judicial activism.

During the course of this thread, fellow members may come up with their contributions and further insight on this Corrupt Congress which is the mother of all the corruption in this country.

The first post on this thread is about Robert building an empire from virtually a scratch. A virtually no-one to a VVIP worth billions. Robert's family has been small-time business family before he became part of the self-appointed first family of this country. Though officially he is not a politician, he is no less than a politician worth the salt, in fact more than a politician, a deal-maker.

Well, Robert is not alone in this KHHICHADI, there is talk floating of Haryana ruling politicians' sons and sons-in-laws owning builder companies directly/indirectly and being given undue advantage/priviliges/concessions in land acquisition for their projects.
    Dr. Swamy once again stands tall. What media and Arvind Kejriwal said today, he has been saying since long time. He already said that he will go after Gandhi family (Vadera and/or Sonia) after Chiddu. Arvind did a nice job to bring the matter in public domain once again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bazardparveen For This Useful Post:

skarmveer (October 29th, 2012)

I find Arvind to be the biggest culprit of using public emotions against them. He has been doing so for over a year now, anyways that is a seprate debate.

Just so you know, Kejriwal is married to Sunita, who is also an IRS officer and his batchmate from National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie. Presently she is working as an Additional Director in Serious Fraud Investigation Office,Ministry of Corporate Affairs. How can you curse the same government/establishment, claim you left it to make it better and let your wife work for it? isnt that hypocrisy?

Quote Originally Posted by bazardparveen View Post
    Dr. Swamy once again stands tall. What media and Arvind Kejriwal said today, he has been saying since long time. He already said that he will go after Gandhi family (Vadera and/or Sonia) after Chiddu. Arvind did a nice job to bring the matter in public domain once again.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

karan (April 1st, 2019), neel6318 (May 23rd, 2018), rekhasmriti (October 6th, 2012)

Vikas, I knew this was coming. This bringing in of BJP, INLD, etc, etc. into the picture.

In fact all the parties are corrupt, but it would be very impractical of us if we blame the BJP or the INLD which are not in power and when in fact it is the Congress which is in power and looting the country day in and day out.

Believe me you, when the BJP comes to power and if they indulge in the same level of corruption as the Congress, it will be people like me who would hit at it first and with the same zeal and fervor.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

bazardparveen (October 5th, 2012), Bisky (October 7th, 2012), cooljat (October 6th, 2012), malikdeepak1 (October 6th, 2012), neel6318 (May 23rd, 2018), rajpaldular (October 6th, 2012), rsdalal (October 12th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (October 5th, 2012), tarzon (October 5th, 2012), vikasgulia (October 6th, 2012)

I agree Abhik but what about where they are already corrupt?

Goa and Karnataka?

I am fed up of the unidirectional view that tells half truth. (and i am not defending anyone)
    Vikas, I knew this was coming. This bringing in of BJP, INLD, etc, etc. into the picture.

In fact all the parties are corrupt, but it would be very impractical of us if we blame the BJP or the INLD which are not in power and when in fact it is the Congress which is in power and looting the country day in and day out.

Believe me you, when the BJP comes to power and if they indulge in the same level of corruption as the Congress, it will be people like me who would hit at it first and with the same zeal and fervor.

1. Using public emotions for right cause...NOTHING WRONG

2. His wife is not corrupt, performing her duty fairly...without any influence....again NOTHING WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    I find Arvind to be the biggest culprit of using public emotions against them. He has been doing so for over a year now, anyways that is a seprate debate.

Just so you know, Kejriwal is married to Sunita, who is also an IRS officer and his batchmate from National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie. Presently she is working as an Additional Director in Serious Fraud Investigation Office,Ministry of Corporate Affairs. How can you curse the same government/establishment, claim you left it to make it better and let your wife work for it? isnt that hypocrisy?
    Vivek Tomar
    Be Happy With Every Moment

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tarzon For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (October 5th, 2012), cooljat (October 6th, 2012), deepgill (October 6th, 2012), malikdeepak1 (October 6th, 2012), rajpaldular (October 6th, 2012), rsdalal (October 6th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (October 5th, 2012), vikda (October 8th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzon View Post

2. His wife is not corrupt, performing her duty fairly...without any influence....again NOTHING WRONG
    Also, I am not an outright supporter of Arvind. I believe either he should join hands with Dr. Swamy to clean up NDA or remain apolitical with Anna. There is no point of making political party against two main parties. I seriously doubt his real motives. But whatever may be his motive; he did a nice job by bringing matter into public domain.
    Last edited by bazardparveen; October 6th, 2012 at 12:48 AM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bazardparveen For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (October 5th, 2012), rekhasmriti (October 6th, 2012), rsdalal (October 12th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (October 5th, 2012), vikasgulia (October 6th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzon View Post
    Who is responsible for present public emotions? Congress only which took corruption to intolerable level in last eight years. Scams are running in lakh crores now. Congress is fountain head of corruption and communalism.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bazardparveen For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (October 5th, 2012), cooljat (October 6th, 2012), malikdeepak1 (October 6th, 2012), rsdalal (October 12th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (October 5th, 2012)

Corruption in every form should be deplored and like Anna said you cannot remove all the corruption in one-go and with one single measure/solution. He suggested Jan Lokpal as one of the solutions that would curb it to a good extent, though not completely. Worth a try!

As far as Kejriwal is concerned, he was an IRS officer who had all the gold and riches in front of him if he wanted to. Giving up a cushy job and that too in the income tax department where you have both power and money is not an easy job. At least, I cannot see many examples of people who have done that and that too leading a simple life after that. As far as his wife is concerned who is also an IRS officer, continuing to work and not leaving it is her private decision. How does that in anyway implicate Kejriwal or his wife of anything? This is something beyond my comprehension.

Well, no doubt there would be corruption in Karnataka and Goa like the other Congress ruled states and the same is equally deplorable. Yet! let us not miss the woods for the trees. If we have a clean and honest governance at the centre, there would be every incentive/pressure on the state governments to follow suit because of the pressure of public opinion. The policy formulation and implementation at Goa, Karnataka or for that matter Haryana, does not affect each and every one of us, the policy formulation and implementation at the centre affects each and every one of us including people in Goa, Karnataka or Haryana. Hence, I would prefer to focus my energies on the Congress party which has misruled us not only in the states, but also at the centre (for more than 60 years). India is what it is because of the Congress in terms of underdevelopment, communalism (divide & rule), Terrorism (soft state - soft on terror), scams (looting of country's resources), dynastic rule spanning over 65 years, etc. etc.

I agree Abhik but what about where they are already corrupt?

Goa and Karnataka?

I am fed up of the unidirectional view that tells half truth. (and i am not defending anyone)

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

deepgill (October 6th, 2012), neel6318 (May 23rd, 2018), rajpaldular (October 6th, 2012), skarmveer (October 29th, 2012), tarzon (October 5th, 2012)

I think you need to quote the DesiJat comment

Who is responsible for present public emotions? Congress only which took corruption to intolerable level in last eight years. Scams are running in lakh crores now. Congress is fountain head of corruption and communalism.
    Vivek Tomar
    Be Happy With Every Moment

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarzon For This Useful Post:

bazardparveen (October 5th, 2012), rajpaldular (October 6th, 2012)

I disagree bro.

If states want they can set right examples by stating local laws. For example, when Anna was busy playing political game under Arvind in Delhi bashing Congress(No other party), any BJP lead state could have formed Lokpal and set example for center or other states and that would have changed millions of opinion, including mine about them.

Corruption in every form should be deplored and like Anna said you cannot remove all the corruption in one-go and with one single measure/solution. He suggested Jan Lokpal as one of the solutions that would curb it to a good extent, though not completely. Worth a try!

If we have a clean and honest governance at the centre, there would be every incentive/pressure on the state governments to follow suit because of the pressure of public opinion. The policy formulation and implementation at Goa, Karnataka or for that matter Haryana, does not affect each and every one of us, the policy formulation and implementation at the centre affects each and every one of us including people in Goa, Karnataka or Haryana.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

op1955 (October 13th, 2012)

Ans is no one but the public during elections.

Who is responsible for present public emotions?

Uttarakhand under the Chief Ministership of Gen. BC Khanduri did bring in a Lokpal which was acknowledged and appreciated by Anna to be very close in terms of content/substance to the popular Jan Lokpal draft.

I, at times am unable to understand this disdain for Anna and his team. What were they asking for? How (manner) were they asking for?

They were asking for end to corruption.
    They were asking for end to corruption through peaceful means (including now through electoral process which everyone is entitled to).

Instead of criticizing corruption and the perpetrators of it, we criticize Anna and his team.

I disagree bro.

If states want they can set right examples by stating local laws. For example, when Anna was busy playing political game under Arvind in Delhi bashing Congress(No other party), any BJP lead state could have formed Lokpal and set example for center or other states and that would have changed millions of opinion, including mine about them.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (October 6th, 2012), skarmveer (October 29th, 2012)

I have been a supporter of what Anna wants but not how he wants it. I believe what he did was politically motivated, either by opposition or Arvind's will to enter politics.

A few questions that made me go against Anna and team(unified) were:

1) Why have agitation against Congress ONLY when corruption is not a patented property?

During the same time Karnataka and Goa were burning with mining scam but did not even deserve a mention in Anna's speeches. UPA has several alliance that are corrupt too, like Mulayam/Mayawati, not once did the team attack them. Why? They could be future partners of BJP. Media raised this question always but never was an answer given.

2) Blackmailing the parliament

Everyone has a right to state what they want in democracy but not blackmail it. Anna wanted either his way or highway, specially when parliament is in session he could not hold long enough for it to start, when the govt had promised him a discussion? BJP was silent on the issue too then why attack one party again and again?

3) Ramdev, no Ramdev?

This love hate relation with Ramdev is beyond my understanding, and are we here to believe Ramdev made a million doller patanjali empire overnight with organic growth? Why no word against it?

4) Misunderstanding their support as nation's voice

A few 100 thousand people do not speak for country, when those few 100 thousand also vanished Shanti Bhushan openly threatened media of showing that. Are we supporting goons?

5) Fast unto death drama by Arvind

I dont remember any leader from govt coming to truce with Arvind, he made tall comments of dying or getting lokpal, that too when Parliament was not even in session and people were honest enough to support him without understanding, he just used public sentiments to show his strength and launch his political party.

Then of course there are failed assets like Kumar Vishwash in his party who are using the movement to make money from reality shows like Bigg Boss.

I have a few more reasons to dislike their functioning that builds my dislike against them but I guess the message his home. These are my personal opinion. Team Anna did a terrific job in getting the nation together in the beginning but then lost it due to personal intentions which were always hidden.

Who is team anna to decide how much of a patriot anyone is?

Uttarakhand under the Chief Ministership of Gen. BC Khanduri did bring in a Lokpal which was acknowledged and appreciated by Anna to be very close in terms of content/substance to the popular Jan Lokpal draft.

I, at times am unable to understand this disdain for Anna and his team. What were they asking for? How (manner) were they asking for?

They were asking for end to corruption.
    They were asking for end to corruption through peaceful means (including now through electoral process which everyone is entitled to).

Instead of criticizing corruption and the perpetrators of it, we criticize Anna and his team.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

Aur bhai aaj ka case le le, itna drama kara Arvind ne, I understand there are questions then why doesnt team Arvind goes to court?

Prashant Bhushan is a PIL expert.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (October 5th, 2012), op1955 (October 13th, 2012)

I think what Mahatma Gandhi said is really true about team Anna:

I like your christ(Annaish), I dont like your christians(Kejriwal, Bhushan etc etc.)... your Christians are so different than your christ

32. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

I get your view that Team Anna should not have entered politics. They should rather remain restricted to fasts and hunger strikes.

All great movements transform over a period of time. They started with fasts, but when this corrupt Congress played games and enjoyed the pain and misery that fast was bringing to Kejriwal and other Team Anna members there was a change in Team Anna strategy. They accepted the challenge of Congress to enter politics and get people's mandate for its Jan Lokpal. Anything wrong with that?

Or is it written in stone that Team Anna should and can only remain restricted to fasts and hunger strikes at the cost of their lives/health?

We are shooting the messenger of change in this case instead of focusing on the issue of corruption. Any citizen can enter politics to bring that change, to be that change. What's wrong with that? I reiterate the same point - there was no point for Team Anna to Criticize or beg the INLD or the TMC or the BJP when it was the Congress which was in power and when the Congress has to take a call on passing the Jan Lokpal. And also, if Team Anna's protest is called blackmail, I would like to know what is wrong with the Jan Lokpal Bill? How will the bringing in of Jan Lokpal bill personally benefit Team Anna or his team and not the NATION?

Aur bhai aaj ka case le le, itna drama kara Arvind ne, I understand there are questions then why doesnt team Arvind goes to court?

Prashant Bhushan is a PIL expert.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (October 6th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (October 6th, 2012), skarmveer (October 29th, 2012), tarzon (October 6th, 2012), vikda (October 8th, 2012)

On the contrary I am happy they did enter politics to see how much public support they have for the dramas they staged but unfortunate it will be to see Arvind in the same parliament which said is full of rapists and dacoits.

Bhai blackmail hi to hai, jaisa lokpal main chahunga word by word aisa lao warna main marunga, na lokpal aya na koi mara.

Agar aise hi hone laga to fir desh ke kanun sadko par hi banenge

I get your view that Team Anna should not have entered politics. They should rather remain restricted to fasts and hunger strikes.

All great movements transform over a period of time. They started with fasts, but when this corrupt Congress played games and enjoyed the pain and misery that fast was bringing to Kejriwal and other Team Anna members there was a change in Team Anna strategy. They accepted the challenge of Congress to enter politics and get people's mandate for its Jan Lokpal. Anything wrong with that?

Or is it written in stone that Team Anna should and can only remain restricted to fasts and hunger strikes at the cost of their lives/health?

We are shooting the messenger of change in this case instead of focusing on the issue of corruption. Any citizen can enter politics to bring that change, to be that change. What's wrong with that? I reiterate the same point - there was no point for Team Anna to Criticize or beg the INLD or the TMC or the BJP when it was the Congress which was in power and when the Congress has to take a call on passing the Jan Lokpal. And also, if Team Anna's protest is called blackmail, I would like to know what is wrong with the Jan Lokpal Bill? How will the bringing in of Jan Lokpal bill personally benefit Team Anna or his team and not the NATION?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

Without denying charges by Kejriwal today, I have a few questions for them:
    • Did they ask DLF once before staging today's drama as to why was this done? There could be a valid transaction as a lot of corporate houses do in between
    • Did they ask Robert once for clarification?
    • Shanti Bhushan has several fraud charges against him for taking cheap land by wrongful means, did they declare that before coming?
    • They claim that govt will not do anything on the issue, then why no PIL?

Last but not the least, Do we all believe Vadra or DLF would be fools to let such papers go public that can be easily picked up against them?

Ab aise tariko ko blackmail na kahiyega to aur kya kahiyega?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post: