Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: केजरीवाल एंड पार्टी

So according to you the past and the present corruption of the Congress IS not hurting business and economy. Rather it is the Janlokpal which WILL hurt the economy by removing corruption.

You have still not elaborated on how the so-called draconian Jan Lokpal will adversely affect the business and economy.

We all want transparent and corruption free investigating agencies like the police and the CBI. But who will make them independent for them to be effective. Have the politicians made them independent or transparent over the last 60 years? Can you expect them to do it now? NO. We as a nation have been independent for over 60 years and we still have all the evils that any society can complain of.

It is the civil society and its off-shoots like that Arvind that will bring about the change. I am not a soothsayer or a fortune-teller and neither believe you to be one. Hence, I would not buy into your argument that Arvind WILL do this thing wrong, Arvind WILL do that thing wrong.

Like any civilized and democratic society, we need to give him a chance to prove himself when we have already given over 60 years to the rascals from the mainstream political parties for misruling us.

I would not incentivize the current political dispensation by re-electing them in the name of saving the democracy which has been held to ransom by these political thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    Yes you are right in pointing out all these problems. But propose an effective solution. If Arvind propose an effective solution I will fully support it. Right now his solution has many flaws. Congress Lokpal has also problems.

But before proposing any Lokpal, isn't it good to get back to basics. Why we need a Lokpal if we have investigating agencies. If we have problems with Investigating agencies, then why don't we solve them. Why to add one more mamoth bureaucracy? Why there is so much emphasis upon catching cuprits rather than preventing the corruption. [That does not mean that we should not have any ombudsman]

For example, if you make processes transparent and less complex, would not it reduce the corruption at first place. Would not it add a value to the economy if we improve ease of doing business conditions. And that would result in creating millions of jobs. That's what people want.

Janlokpal on the other hand could put a stop on economic growth due to its draconian nature. Practically such Lokpal will not work despite so much expectations. It can present very drastic results.

Bureaucrats already struggling to make decison which lead to delay in projects and thus keeping millions of Indian away from employment. JanLokpal would add more to it. I think its better to go back to basics and think logically rather than emotionally. You cannot rule out economics out of whole issue.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

bazardparveen (November 14th, 2012), cooljat (November 14th, 2012), deepgill (November 16th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (November 14th, 2012), spdeshwal (November 14th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 15th, 2012), ygulia (November 15th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by AbhikRana View Post
    Is the present Congress govt. not a dictator?
    Had it been, the govt wont be running for shelter after FDI and Nuke bill

It amends the constitution when it pleases, it buys MPs when it pleases in the Parliament during the vote of no-confidence against it.
    And the point of differentiation is? You think Congress would be stupid to let a guy with cash caught by BJP to flash money in that rude manner in parliament? Also, read investigation in the case
    Above all, it snatches the Roti from plate of the aam admi and benefits itself and people like Ambanis and DLF, it hikes gas and petrol prices at its sweet will, it increases electricity rates by its own sweet will, it forcefully acquires agricultural land at its own sweet will.
    Dont single out, even Modi has been charged with allegations of giving benefits to the same DLF in Gujrat. Point is, when you need development the govt will need land and land will come from somewhere, in our country agricultural land happens to be that land.

However, I am not denying that the means are fair to acquire, but blaming one out is not the solution.
    And Arvind whom you call a dictator even before his coming to power, is a dictator (if at all he can be called one) for the cause of the people - REMOVING CORRUPTION.
    We are not saying it, we dont even know him personally but people who know him or have worked with him are. Arvind's style is authoritarian and there is no denial in that. You can make that out from his interview style to media, you dont even need to know him personally to make that decision.

You say his Janlokpal is wrong. Is the Congress Lokpal okay where the whistlblower will be jailed if his complaint is found to be unsubstantiated? And who would judge whether the allegation is unsubstantiated or not - the same corrupt politicians and the corrupt police and CBI (Congress Bureau of Investigation).
    To the point, I completely agree with Congress's point here and the reason is to avoid fake complaints and request for investigation else every one will start Kejriwal style of allegations without any solid proof to take out personal enmity.

This might a too far analogy but look at the dowry act, just on a complaint everyone from groom's side is taken to task by police because law requires so and a few times complaint are just to torture the in-laws and that is because law is weak enough to not to protect against fake complaints.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Yes you are right in pointing out all these problems. But propose an effective solution. If Arvind propose an effective solution I will fully support it. Right now his solution has many flaws. Congress Lokpal has also problems.

But before proposing any Lokpal, isn't it good to get back to basics. Why we need a Lokpal if we have investigating agencies. If we have problems with Investigating agencies, then why don't we solve them. Why to add one more mamoth bureaucracy? Why there is so much emphasis upon catching cuprits rather than preventing the corruption. [That does not mean that we should not have any ombudsman]

For example, if you make processes transparent and less complex, would not it reduce the corruption at first place. Would not it add a value to the economy if we improve ease of doing business conditions. And that would result in creating millions of jobs. That's what people want.

Janlokpal on the other hand could put a stop on economic growth due to its draconian nature. Practically such Lokpal will not work despite so much expectations. It can present very drastic results.

Bureaucrats already struggling to make decison which lead to delay in projects and thus keeping millions of Indian away from employment. JanLokpal would add more to it. I think its better to go back to basics and think logically rather than emotionally. You cannot rule out economics out of whole issue.
    That's correct. And for all this we need a radical change in the system. Do you think this change can come from current stream of politicians? If not, then why oppose Arvind Kejriwal.

Pulling out something from a deep well (working against the gravitational force) requires efforts. He at least deserves praise for that. If, helping him, we are able to safely place it on the ground then that would be a success. If not, then at least we have got an experience of pulling it out which would help us in the next try.

So what's the harm in the try, specially when we are very much clear that we are loosing, if left as it is?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arvindc For This Useful Post:

deepgill (November 16th, 2012), vicky84 (November 15th, 2012)

My reply in bold pointwise.

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post

Had it been, the govt wont be running for shelter after FDI and Nuke bill

The Congress Govt. is more than a dictator, acting as a commission agent for the multinationals wanting to set up shop in India. I am not getting into the merits of whether FDI is good or bad. But in a democracy, the Congress should have only moved ahead with the consensus of the other political parties before giving a green signal to FDI. Now it is trying to muster support in the parliament knowing fully well that it does not have the support on this issue from most of the other political parties including a few of its allies.

And the point of differentiation is? You think Congress would be stupid to let a guy with cash caught by BJP to flash money in that rude manner in parliament? Also, read investigation in the case

The big question is who investigated? Even in parliamentary panels the Congress and its allies have majority and they hush up the enquiries and give favourable results for the Congress which is a champion in manipulating the systems. Let us not forget the treatment meted out to Murli Manohar Joshi by the Congressmen.

Dont single out, even Modi has been charged with allegations of giving benefits to the same DLF in Gujrat. Point is, when you need development the govt will need land and land will come from somewhere, in our country agricultural land happens to be that land.

However, I am not denying that the means are fair to acquire, but blaming one out is not the solution.

It is common knowledge that a large tract of land in Gujarat especially the Kutch region (to where I have been) is arid land with not much of irrigation or cultivation. Modi's industrialisation policy categorically takes into account the development of such arid regions where the marginal farmers do not have much scope for earning from agriculture or animal farming. WHEREAS look at Haryana, most of the agriculture land has been forcefully acquired by the Congress in partnership with such land sharks as DLF by notification proceedings. AND YET WE JUSTIFY THE CONGRESS' HIGH HANDED TREATMENT OF THE FARMERS. AMAZING!!!

We are not saying it, we dont even know him personally but people who know him or have worked with him are. Arvind's style is authoritarian and there is no denial in that. You can make that out from his interview style to media, you dont even need to know him personally to make that decision.
    That's your assumption and inference which is not substantiated by any solid facts or figures. Hence totally and utterly baseless.

To the point, I completely agree with Congress's point here and the reason is to avoid fake complaints and request for investigation else every one will start Kejriwal style of allegations without any solid proof to take out personal enmity.

There might be false allegations, so let's not investigate and enquire at all. What an approach. There is rampant and all too obvious corruption everywhere and yet you say that there are false allegations against corruption. Have you actually read the Jan Lokpal draft and the associated safeguards?? Please be kind to yourself by first reading the draft first before commenting on Arvind, Anna or Jan Lokpal bill which you are opposing before even trying it. Of course, there would be course corrections once it is implemented as all great pieces of legislation are. Or as per you the Govt. Lokpal is more than sufficient where if you complain, your allegation would be judged by the same corrupt politicians and the same corrupt police and then your allegation would be termed as false and then you would be put in jail. THERE IS NO SAFEGUARD TO THIS IN THE GOVT. LOKPAL. The result is that the Mango man would never dare to lodge a genuine complaint and by the way most of the complaints are genuine where people have to run from pillar to post to be heard especially so in the backdrop of the fact that to get an FIR lodged in this country is a herculean task because this FIR would not reflect good on the track record of the corrupt police.

!! Om Congress Namah !!

This might a too far analogy but look at the dowry act, just on a complaint everyone from groom's side is taken to task by police because law requires so and a few times complaint are just to torture the in-laws and that is because law is weak enough to not to protect against fake complaints.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

deepgill (November 16th, 2012)

Please reply like I did, it makes it easy to reply for other person.

Anyways, I find it fade to debate anyfurther. Like Rekha says, we agree to disagree and let us leave it there.

My reply in bold pointwise.

Thanks for the formatting suggestion.

I am not sure of Rekha's suggestion, but we sure have difference of opinions (agree to disagree or disagree to agree).

Please reply like I did, it makes it easy to reply for other person.

Anyways, I find it fade to debate anyfurther. Like Rekha says, we agree to disagree and let us leave it there.

Even Justice Shah has called it Draconian. [Justice Shah was named by Arvind for internal Lokpal.] Draconian because it undermines constitutional bodies. Draconian because it is unconstitutional.

Please answer my questions I raised in my previous posts rather than ranting unncessarily.

So according to you the past and the present corruption of the Congress IS not hurting business and economy. Rather it is the Janlokpal which WILL hurt the economy by removing corruption.

You have still not elaborated on how the so-called draconian Jan Lokpal will adversely affect the business and economy.

We all want transparent and corruption free investigating agencies like the police and the CBI. But who will make them independent for them to be effective. Have the politicians made them independent or transparent over the last 60 years? Can you expect them to do it now? NO. We as a nation have been independent for over 60 years and we still have all the evils that any society can complain of.

It is the civil society and its off-shoots like that Arvind that will bring about the change. I am not a soothsayer or a fortune-teller and neither believe you to be one. Hence, I would not buy into your argument that Arvind WILL do this thing wrong, Arvind WILL do that thing wrong.

Like any civilized and democratic society, we need to give him a chance to prove himself when we have already given over 60 years to the rascals from the mainstream political parties for misruling us.

I would not incentivize the current political dispensation by re-electing them in the name of saving the democracy which has been held to ransom by these political thugs.

I agree with you here..People will start making fake complaints and nothing will move. It will be lojam. Which will result in unemployment in the country.

I think team Anna and Kezriwal and people of India are having high hopes in this short cut method to solve the problem of corruption. Short cuts like JanLokpal with so much flaws in them will prove counterproductive in every aspect. Corruption will not be eradicated, and damage to economy will be higher and higher.

Arvind,

Read this :

http://www.dailypioneer.com/home/onl...kpal-bill.html

With mounting popular anger over corruption, various draft proposals for an effective and strong Lokpal Bill have surfaced. Each proposal fails to address the fundamental question of accountability. The final draft of the Lokpal Bill should take a holistic view of structural, constitutional and systemic reforms while ensuring justice is delivered. Here are some suggestions towards that end

There are now at least four draft proposals for what everyone fashions to be a strong and effective Lokpal. They all miss the point that no reform against corruption can derive strength from good intentions or ‘independence’ without clear accountability. Hence the Lokpal debate cannot be about a single agency, office or officer. Instead it has to be about a system of Government and a culture of governance rooted in the principle of accountability.

A strong and effective Lokpal Bill has to be one that takes a holistic view of structural reforms to the Constitution and systemic reforms to how laws are enforced and justice delivered. Unfortunately, all of the proposals in circulation only tinker with the idea of adding a new layer of bureaucracy without cleaning up the underlying mess.

The current political crisis in Indonesia is a stark pointer to the inadequacy of all of these proposals. In an interview to the Jakarta Globe on August 25, the chairman of Indonesia’s Corruption Eradication Committee admitted that fighting corruption was complex and the need of the hour for Indonesia were systemic reforms and bureaucratic reforms. This late wisdom coming nine years after Indonesia’s version of a Lokpal came into place.

India doesn’t need to waste another decade to learn what we already know today. Here is an outline for a strong Lokpal Bill that would be consistent with the principles of Ambedkarite constitutionalism.

This Lokpal Bill should be respectful of constitutional division of powers between the executive, the legislature and the judiciary and federalism. It should strive to establish checks and balances while recognising the elected people’s representatives as the only representatives of the people’s will. The Lokpal Bill may be a guiding template to States, but it should be left to each individual State to come up with its own legislation where appropriate. The Lokpal Bill must not impinge on States’ rights to make their own laws.

Objectives of the Lokpal Bill

The goal of the Lokpal Bill should not be to create a new expansive agency but to make existing agencies efficient and accountable. Hence the Lokpal Bill should strive to provide crystal clarity on what role existing agencies shall play and how they will be independent and accountable in dealing with situations where individuals acting on behalf of the Union Government, Parliament or judiciary must be investigated and prosecuted.

The Lokpal Bill must also not define new crimes nor define new kinds of punishments but must strive to remove ambiguity and ensure consistency in existing definitions so the Union Government, Parliament and judiciary when convicted of wrong doing do not enjoy special provisions or exceptions. Lastly, the Lokpal Bill must ensure that there is continuous monitoring and feedback on the effectiveness of such investigations and prosecutions through the creation of a new limited agency. This agency should be limited to monitoring effectiveness and make recommendations to Parliament on any corrective legislative or executive action.

Finally, the Lokpal Bill must strive to create a culture of accountability to the people by requiring people’s representatives and judiciary to be fully accountable to Parliament for conflicts of interest and ethics violations with respect to matters inside Parliament and courts. It must also strive to ensure there is no immunity from criminal prosecution for acts committed outside Parliament or courts.

With these objectives the Lokpal should legislate on constitutional reforms to ensure a culture of accountability within governance and on justice delivery reforms to ensure a system of Government that is fair, unbiased and committed to justice delivery.

Constitutional Reforms

BR Ambedkar in his speech in the Constituent Assembly introducing the draft Constitution explained how the draft tried to achieve responsibility in our system of Government at the expense of stability. Clearly, six decades on we have failed on both fronts with minority Governments giving instability and apathetic Governments shirking responsibility. Hence the goal of the constitutional reforms has to be about making the Prime Minister accountable.

This can be achieved if we consider the idea of adding a single non-voting seat to every State Assembly and to the Lok Sabha. This single non-voting seat could have for its constituency all eligible voters within that State in the case of a State Assembly and similarly it could have all of the eligible voters in India in the case of the Lok Sabha. During elections this all-State or all-India constituency could go to polls along with the other legislative and parliamentary constituencies. The person who gets elected to this non-voting Lok Sabha or Assembly seat could be automatically considered to be the Leader of the House as he or she would be reflecting the collective will of all the voters of that Legislative Assembly or Parliament. Since the seat is a non-voting addition to the strength of the House this seat will not change the balance of power in the legislature which continues to be same as before.

By virtue of being the leader of the House the person elected to the all-State or all-India constituency will have to be invited by the Governor or the President to form the next Government as the Chief Minister or Prime Minister. Irrespective of whether a party or a combination of parties has a legislative majority the Chief Minister or Prime Minister will have a fixed term which will be the same as the term of the legislature. Removal of the Chief Minister of Prime Minister would now require a higher legislative bar similar to a Presidential impeachment. The anti-defection law becomes redundant and irrelevant since the Government no longer depends on a simple majority in the legislature.

In the absence of anti-defection laws, a cultural shift could be effected wherein legislators across party lines can think independently and come together to propose bi-partisan Bills in a manner similar to what we see in the United States. The Chief Minister or Prime Minister could then also have the additional freedom to appoint members to his Cabinet from outside the legislature thus eliminating another source of instability and dissidence.

The net effect of the above constitutional amendments would be that the legislature could solely focus on its twin responsibilities of law-making and executive oversight. The stability of Governments would no longer be impacted by how fractured or fragmented the legislature is. Overall we could move towards a culture where the executive is focussed on law enforcement and the legislature on law-making while both keep the judiciary out of either responsibility thus restoring the balance of power and separation of powers intended by the Constitution.

A culture of direct accountability of the executive can be restored as against the current disturbing trend by which Chief Ministers and Prime Ministers have taken an indirect route office without contesting elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvindc View Post
    If not, then why oppose Arvind Kejriwal.
    Last edited by vicky84; November 15th, 2012 at 03:32 AM.

Contd...

Justice Delivery Reforms

We must also consider recasting the Home Ministry into a separate for justice delivery which shall be responsible for all investigations and prosecutions within the jurisdiction of the Union Government. The justice Minister should control three agencies for investigations, prosecutions and vigilance. The Central Bureau of Investigation should be recast as the sole Federal Investigation Agency with clear jurisdiction instead of the current ad-hoc manner of referring investigations to CBI. The NIA and the CBI should be merged. The investigation agency should not require special permission to investigate and prosecute Members of Parliament or judiciary for conduct outside Parliamentary or conduct outside court proceedings.

The Central Attorney’s Office shall be responsible for conducting prosecutions. The Central Vigilance Commissioner shall be responsible for whistleblower protection. The appointment of the heads to these three agencies should be subject to approval by Parliament. The heads of all three agencies should be subject to parliamentary oversight for their conduct. The Justice Ministry should also be responsible for a quasi-Government National Justice Commission that harnesses judicial and prosecutorial talent and promotes excellence in those areas. The mission of this commission is to monitor the needs across the nation and to help State and local Governments add capacity with right talent.

In addition, the Supreme Court should be recast as a purely constitutional court with the discretion to take up or reject appeals based on their constitutional merit. Its primary role would be limited to interpreting the Constitution and ruling merely on constitutionality of decisions of lower courts and constitutionality of actions of all agencies of the State. Four Regional Appellate Courts should be set up for all appeals of decisions in lower courts. Appointment of all judges to Supreme Court and Regional Appellate Courts shall be subject to parliamentary approval upon the recommendation of the Ministry of Justice.

The Supreme Court should comprise a limited number of judges (an odd number less than 10) who should be appointed for life. There should be strict entry criteria for Public Interest Litigation to be taken up by the Supreme Court based purely on constitutional merit. The Supreme Court should not have the power to assume any executive functions including but not limited to — investigations, prosecutions, law making and other executive actions.

More on the same lines:

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/l.../1/165359.html

Danger

At the apex decision making level all that is required is steady progress of the transaction along the approval chain to keep negotiations ongoing with all the bidders until the end and then strike the best bargain with the one who is most likely to win. In the Bofors case, for example, the choice of the gun had nothing to do with the pay outs. Had any other gun been chosen, the same commissions would have been paid, except that the middleman, like Win Chaddha would have been different for each company. The agents who operate at the highest levels, (like the Hindujas were said to be) are guaranteed their share because it is known that bypassing them means risking the whole deal. Fear of detection has no impact whatsoever in a transaction of this kind. Fear of harassment from the vigilance agency on the other hand has a paralysing impact on the honest official who has only his carefully built record of integrity to be proud of.

This paralysis has already hit many Departments, like Defence, which have to take complex techno-commercial decisions. Internal file notations, in which officers were encouraged to freely express their opinions now undergo a pre-scrutiny to ensure that before pen is put to paper, the implications of each sentence are carefully worked out and an 'agreed' fully sanitised note is prepared. Officers who may not fall in line with such a procedure are simply replaced. Inconvenient notations are routinely replaced to ensure that the file becomes a controversy-free document.

Files which may not conform to this sanitising routine, are simply buried and once the personnel concerned have moved on or out, a new file started. And this is the situation within the ostensibly constrained environment that the CAG/ CVC/ CBI triad function under. We could soon have a situation where only the proactive rent seeker will do things and the honest will either conveniently slip out of the decision making process, or deflect the issue so that no decision is possible during his tenure. The bright officers will do what they are really good at- 'paralysis by analysis'. Any discerning observer can see that this kind of rot is already widespread. The Lokpal will ensure that such behaviour gets institutionalised

Bhai Atish, saachi kahu to bhai PhD kar le.. 2 mhinya me ae daktr bn jyaga!!

Topic mai bta dyu su research ka bhai ne "Electoral, Social, Political and Economic Reforms in India and their impact on socio-economic status of Indians!!"

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post320274

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malikdeepak1 For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (November 16th, 2012), desijat (November 15th, 2012), vicky84 (November 15th, 2012)

Main accusations about Kejriwal's leadership is his autocratic/ dictatorial style!

So far, no clear evidence or instances provided by any member but mostly cut paste material from media fed by vested interests and pressure groups!
    I am listing the main, so called democratic parties and their leaders for the members to evaluate whether they are less autocratic and corrupt than Arvind!

Smt. Sonia Gandhi....Indian National Congress
    Nitin Gadkari/ RSS.....BJP
    Mulayam Singh.........Samajwadi Party
    Mayawati... Bahujan Samaj Party
    Jaya Lalita.......AIDMK
    Karunanidhi....DMK
    OP Chautala.....INLD
    Mamta banarjee....Trinmool Congress
    Nitin Patnayak....Biju Janata Dal

I haven't mentioned communist and Janta Dal( NItish)'s Sharad Yadav as he is the head of party just for namesake but actually the powers are concentrated and the party and admin revolve around Nitish Kumar!
    For me the less democratic parties CPI and CPM are most democratic parties!

Also I believe, Arvind alone stands tall in comparison with this bunch of Hippocrates ! I am not sure how far his crusade against this corrupt bunch would take him but strongly feel that it is our moral duty to support him!

Cheers!
    Last edited by spdeshwal; November 16th, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spdeshwal For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (November 16th, 2012), deepgill (November 16th, 2012), sanjeev1984 (November 16th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    Main accusations about Kejriwal's leadership is his autocratic/ dictatorial style!

So far, no clear evidence or instances provided by any member but mostly cut paste material from media fed by vested interests and pressure groups!
    Sir,

There are people leaving his group as he does not listen to them. One of the person is from US, who left his well paid job to join this movement but he had to leave the movement because Arvind is not open to suggestion. Other person is Sanjeev Sabhlok. He met Kezriwal and suggested that JanLokpal without considering systematic reforms may lead to drastic results. But Kezriwal is not listening.

It is well known that this JanLokpal cannot eradicate corruption in its current form. It needs modifications. Indonesia appointed similar Ombudsman but could eradicate not corruption because it did not consider "Systematic Reforms". Right now Indonesia is facing political crisis which results in an unstable government. And eventually less jobs for people in the country. Short Cuts never help. Instead they can damage, if not properly though out!!
    Last edited by vicky84; November 16th, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Atish, do you know the actual meaning of the word unconstitutional?

What is unconstitutional about Jan Lokpal? Please throw light.

For you corruption is not bad, but the people fighting corruption are bad. Very strange logic. Stranger than my so-called ranting.

Even Justice Shah has called it Draconian. [Justice Shah was named by Arvind for internal Lokpal.] Draconian because it undermines constitutional bodies. Draconian because it is unconstitutional.

Please answer my questions I raised in my previous posts rather than ranting unncessarily.

Read the QUOTED post:

Apology in advance for Copy and Paste:

There are many loopholes in the Bill which I have discussed below:a) The three Pillars of Indian Democracy – namely the Legislature, Executive and Judiciary – keep checks and balances on the other, and so they must remain separate, because that’s the only way to ensure that there is no abuse of power. The Jan Lokpal intends to disturb this fine balance by virtually creating a fourth pillar. It intends to create an Executive outside the constitutional framework, answerable to nobody. Chances of such an organization getting corrupted by the sheer lust for power are much greater than the Executive functioning within a constitutional framework, where checks and balances ensure accountability
    http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...dangerous.html

Atish, do you know the actual meaning of the word unconstitutional?

What is unconstitutional about Jan Lokpal? Please throw light.

For you corruption is not bad, but the people fighting corruption are bad. Very strange logic. Stranger than my so-called ranting.
    I am not saying don't do anything. Do some sensible work. Short Cuts never work. You don't need to spend time and risk the system. You can learn from others. Examples are in front of us.

As said earlier in one of the posts, Constitution is our supreme document, yet it is an organic document, which means that it has to keep on adapting to the changing needs of the country and the citizens.

You can quote N number of planted (motivated) media reports, but there is no clause in Jan Lokpal which is explicitly or implicitly against the constitution. And if at all there is one in the future, then the constitution needs to be amended for the betterment of the society unlike in the past when mainly it has been amended for petty political gains of the rascals.

India needs a strong leader who is a no-nonsense person having the courage to take tough decisions and that too fast because the country has already been eaten by the termite (politicians especially the Congressies) and is in a downward spiral. If no action is taken soon enough, the country will reach a point of no - return.

It is really appalling that the critics of Arvind still hope that the present breed of politicians will actually act to cleanse the system that they themselves made dirty. Let's stop living in fool's paradise!

Draconian and unconstitutional are strong words which have far-reaching ramifications and implications. So, let's start using them after giving it a proper thought.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

deepgill (November 16th, 2012)

What to prove now. You are behaving like Arvind Kezriwal. You are not bending a inch and being inflexible. By all means this Janlokpal is dangerous to the system and country. We live in democratic country and we should respect democracy. My way of Highway never work in democratic country. No sane person would ever advise a stupid solution which will never and nowhere worked without considering the Systematic reforms.

As said earlier in one of the posts, Constitution is our supreme document, yet it is an organic document, which means that it has to keep on adapting to the changing needs of the country and the citizens.

You can quote N number of planted (motivated) media reports, but there is no clause in Jan Lokpal which is explicitly or implicitly against the constitution. And if at all there is one in the future, then the constitution needs to be amended for the betterment of the society unlike in the past when mainly it has been amended for petty political gains of the rascals.

India needs a strong leader who is a no-nonsense person having the courage to take tough decisions and that too fast because the country has already been eaten by the termite (politicians especially the Congressies) and is in a downward spiral. If no action is taken soon enough, the country will reach a point of no - return.

It is really appalling that the critics of Arvind still hope that the present breed of politicians will actually act to cleanse the system that they themselves made dirty. Let's stop living in fool's paradise!

Draconian and unconstitutional are strong words which have far-reaching ramifications and implications. So, let's start using them after giving it a proper thought.

You are behaving like Arvind Kezriwal.
    The story of Jatland

27. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

vicky84 (November 16th, 2012)