Thread: Donation

Donation

Hi everyone,
    We have added a Donate button on Jatland after debating about whether to add one for several years. The reason we had to do this now is because the costs for maintaining the site continue to rise and they all come out of my pocket. While I have happily funded it so far, as more members join the site, we have to continuously upgrade to a better server and hosting provider which all cost more. Estimating that the costs would probably be in between $1000-$1500 this year and ad revenues are not sufficient.
    While we would certainly appreciate any donations, no member should feel any obligation to do so! Thanks for your support!
    -Bagh
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to satyeshwar For This Useful Post:

anilphogat (January 12th, 2013), AnkurMalik (January 11th, 2013), Arvindc (January 11th, 2013), cooljat (January 11th, 2013), desijat (January 11th, 2013), DrRajpalSingh (January 13th, 2013), JSRana (January 11th, 2013), lrburdak (January 13th, 2013), rskankara (January 13th, 2013), SandeepSirohi (January 11th, 2013), sanjeev_balyan (January 11th, 2013), saurabhjaglan (January 11th, 2013), sivach (January 11th, 2013), sukhbirhooda (February 19th, 2013), sunillore (January 15th, 2013), tomar7 (January 11th, 2013), vicky84 (February 18th, 2013), vikasJAT (January 12th, 2013), VirJ (January 11th, 2013), VPannu (January 11th, 2013)

Satyeshwar, I think this is a very good step. The regular members enjoy their time here and its only fair we give back in whatever way we can. And if this also leads to a lesser reliance on the nuisance from ads blocking up view ( as is the case on many sites), so much better.

I do think there's a problem with the mode of donation though. I do not have a Paypal account and my card wasnt accepted after repeated tries. At the same times the test transaction of 1USD was successful. So I think we might need to smoothen certain things to make this easier for members.
    Last edited by swaich; January 11th, 2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (February 19th, 2013)

Like Jaspreet said there shall be more easy options other than mandatory 10US$. I also tried but couldn't work because of paypal or something. Further when estimated cost is fulfilled through donations, there shall be some option to do it next year or after some months or weeks.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Hi Jaspreet and Samar,
    After scouring the web for payment options, we have found out that Paypal is by far the most widely known, accepted and trusted source for money transfer. We can certainly look at any issues that you may be having (through a PM) but I know that other members have successfully given already so it shouldn't be an issue that all members are having.
    I tested the credit card option myself and didn't have any issues. The process was quite easy and took me less than 1 minute.
    -Bagh
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Hi ,

I could not see any Debit Card option .

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by rekha View Post
    Hi ,

I could not see any Debit Card option .

Regards,
    You can use the credit card field for debit card as well.
    It worked with me. Though, i got an additional message on mobile informing me of an additional debit of Rs 54.51, which is strange.

I have tried couple of times its not working for mine--may be Card issue .

Finally set up PayPal account----thus if someone facing same issue . Can try same .
    Last edited by rekhasmriti; January 12th, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks smiriti for referring this link and now i will also try to open account on Pay Pal and try .
    Arise ,Awake and stop not till the goal is achieved.
    Some succeed because they are destined to,
    but most succeed because they are determined to.

Harpal Singh Saharan

Quote Originally Posted by Arvindc View Post
    You can use the credit card field for debit card as well.
    It worked with me. Though, i got an additional message on mobile informing me of an additional debit of Rs 54.51, which is strange.
    Nyah! Its not working for ICICI debit card. Checked twice.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Yeah, I also tried with ICICI debit card, and it gave me an error "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

While the transaction did not went through the first step itself, I got an instantaneous SMS on my mobile informing me that I have made a Debit Card purchase of INR1.03 through VIN*PAYPAL. Quite strange

Quote Originally Posted by Arvindc View Post
    Yeah, I also tried with ICICI debit card, and it gave me an error "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

While the transaction did not went through the first step itself, I got an instantaneous SMS on my mobile informing me that I have made a Debit Card purchase of INR1.03 through VIN*PAYPAL. Quite strange
    May be your bank's coffers have become empty due to global recession. Change the bank. BTW even without opening Paypal account it is feasible to make payment through credit/debit card in the instant case.

I tried again , used Axis - HDFC debit card -----still could not get through .
    It seems even free pay pal account not working , coz i still do not see transaction in my bank statement .

I guess there is some other issue , for some its working for some its not

Default Admin Account
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rekha View Post
    I tried again , used Axis - HDFC debit card -----still could not get through .
    It seems even free pay pal account not working , coz i still do not see transaction in my bank statement .
    Credit/Debit Card issues are not related to the site, but instead are an issue between Paypal and your financial institution. It would be great if someone could followup with Paypal and/or the bank to get this resolved, and post the resolution here.

Calling Bank----Biggest Pain in the world .
    Lemme try to contact PayPal-----would keep JL updated .
    Thanks

I tried maestro SBI credit card ---did not work either .

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post
    I tried maestro SBI credit card ---did not work either .
    Why don't you use netbanking and tranfer intended money to Satyeswar's account. I am sure he will take care of the rest

"Why don't you use netbanking"
    This is not the concern - after calling couple of banks n paypal . Concern is currency in dollars , saving account transaction not success ( tried Hdfc , Axis n SBI).
    Some info ( no clue true or fake ) , one can not make donation/ payment to some site whose server set outside boundaries ( SBI card ) n in other currency .

"
    Satyeswar's account"
    Hmmmm, however correct me if I m wrong - no body would be comfortable sharing his own account details with a stranger .
    I did give idea of setting up account in India with one of admin's name it also has some drawbacks , however as per current situation this seems to be the only fix.

@Administrators : We need to implement something additional to same , else the cause behind same would go in vain .

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

ravinderjeet (February 19th, 2013), sukhbirhooda (February 19th, 2013), vicky84 (February 18th, 2013), vikasJAT (February 18th, 2013)

i tried BOA and it worked so all of you can switch to bank of america
    Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqder se pehle
    Khuda bande se ye poche bata teri raza kia hai