Thread: "Smart search for smart traveler"

Icon Url "Smart search for smart traveler"

Dear All,

After many days of brain storming, me & my friend "Preet Dave" came with an idea of building a website called www.comparemyticket.com – Smart search for smart traveler, and we built it.

It is a website which helps a Traveler in many ways.
    As a net-user we frequently book tickets online and if we have enough time we book it after comparing it with many Travel agencies, like Yatra, Make My trip, GoIbibo etc.

In this site a traveler only need to enter his detail just once, and site will show results of each sites on their own page, and user will book ticket directly thru it.

Also in this site user can book ticket of All Flights, Railway, Bus, Hotels.

Unique feature of the site is ‘Coupons’ section. Because in era of competition, all Travel sites provides different discounts as coupons. As a user we may not be aware of all the coupons at a time. And that is why here it provides all latest coupon codes which are on one single page. So you don’t need to go here and there.

I request you to have a look on site once, and do suggest any improvement possibilities.

Don’t forget to Press ‘Face book- Like’ (on top) and spread this info with your friends and relatives, so that more n more people get benefit of it.(pls forward content below dotted line, to your friends and family)

Regards,
    Sanjeev Solanki
    H.O.D. (Dept. of Common Sense)

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sanjeev1984 For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (January 11th, 2013), AnkurMalik (January 11th, 2013), Arvindc (January 12th, 2013), cooljat (January 12th, 2013), desijat (January 13th, 2013), JSRana (January 11th, 2013), rajpaldular (January 28th, 2013), rekhasmriti (January 12th, 2013), SandeepSirohi (January 11th, 2013), sivach (January 11th, 2013), sukhbirhooda (January 11th, 2013), swaich (January 11th, 2013), VPannu (January 12th, 2013)

Interesting idea. I think most people compare prices when buying tickets, so this site is a good idea. I also like the colors and layout.

If I may offer a suggestion - it might be more beneficial if the prices from different sources be compiled and displayed at the same page. Different tabs do offer a comparison but its not easy on the eye. If I am comparing prices, I'd rather have all the prices on one sheet/webpage. The combined list can then be sorted based on price/time/stopovers etc.

Most people anyways open different sites at the same time to compare prices and all your site does at the moment is to save a minute spent in opening and typing in requirements on different travel sites. But if your 'core competency' is comparison than it has to be on the same page.

I am not an accomplished web developer and I do not know how much effort this will take. It might be very tough but I just thought it would be helpful to share my thoughts.

Good luck. Great Start.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (January 11th, 2013), rajpaldular (January 28th, 2013), sanjeev1984 (January 13th, 2013), sukhbirhooda (January 11th, 2013)

Good effort Sanjeev, just go through hipmunk.com you will get more ideas on new trend of travel searches...

good luck..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anilphogat For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (January 28th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeev1984 View Post
    Dear All,

After many days of brain storming, me & my friend "Preet Dave" came with an idea of building a website called www.comparemyticket.com – Smart search for smart traveler, and we built it.
    I request you to have a look on site once, and do suggest any improvement possibilities.

Don’t forget to Press ‘Face book- Like’ (on top) and spread this info with your friends and relatives, so that more n more people get benefit of it.(pls forward content below dotted line, to your friends and family)

Regards,
    Sanjeev Solanki
    Bhai Sanjeev, it is a good effort, really. But why have you limited this website to comparison only? If possible, try making it as a booking website as well like expedia, zuji, yatra etc. I am pretty sure (given reasonable prices) you'll find many customers on Jatland itself .

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VPannu For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (January 28th, 2013), sanjeev1984 (January 15th, 2013)

Dear,

One point I would like to make. When you select compare all and search, the website opens different windows on your browser rather than putting all the information on one page. May be you can bring all the results on one page which will be easier to see all of them in one Grid. And also provide user friendly interface. this is just my observation and experience. others may differ.

Cheers,

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnkurMalik For This Useful Post:

Well a good initiation. It does saves some efforts and provides convenience.

You need to make it more bug free before marketing it, else people will quickly loose interest in it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arvindc For This Useful Post:

Thank you all for your valuable inputs. We will definitely try to improve our site as per suggestions.

Please keep giving your inputs and help us to improve everyday.

Smiles.....
    H.O.D. (Dept. of Common Sense)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sanjeev1984 For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (January 28th, 2013)