Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Newer Archaeological Finds : Kindly Share

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    Published in ASI bulletins and annual reports I think. More information should be available with National Archives, New Delhi.
    Do you just 'think' or know for certainty about the position of publication of excavations of the site under reference in the form of reports and bulletins by Archaeological Survey of India or National Archives.

Thanks and regards
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

I heard about it in a lecture some time ago. National archives is a premier repository for all these types of documents you are inquiring about, as a historian would perhaps know.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Do you just 'think' or know for certainty about the position of publication of excavations of the site under reference in the form of reports and bulletins by Archaeological Survey of India or National Archives.

Thanks and regards
    Last edited by urmiladuhan; September 4th, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

I heard about it in a lecture some time ago. National archives is a premier repository for all these types of documents you are inquiring about, as a historian would perhaps know.

You heard right. But National Archives does not publish reports of excavations; ASI does so.

But my curiosity was whether the report was published or not and if it was published then when? As a student of history I had just asked a simple and specific question about the publication of the findings of excavations mentioned in your earlier post.

If you know about the net result of the excavations under reference, you are requested kindly to share.

If not, the issue of discussion regarding the site under reference ends here and now !

Thanks and regards
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

I was referring to National Archives, the repository. You perhaps think I am referring to a publishing house. These are 2 different things. Therein lies the confusion for you.

Regards,

Urmila.

You heard right. But National Archives does not publish reports of excavations; ASI does so.

But my curiosity was whether the report was published or not and if it was published then when? As a student of history I had just asked a simple and specific question about the publication of the findings of excavations mentioned in your earlier post.

If you know about the net result of the excavations under reference, you are requested kindly to share.

If not, the issue of discussion regarding the site under reference ends here and now !

Thanks and regards
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

I was referring to National Archives, the repository. You perhaps think I am referring to a publishing house. These are 2 different things. Therein lies the confusion for you.

Regards,

Urmila.
    It seems from the discussion on the issue that you are not aware about the fate of excavations [whether they were published or not] conducted by the University and ASi which you had referred to in your post.

In view of it, I had posted that discussion on the issue may be considered as closed.

However to put the record straight, this is to state that I am not so naive as I do not know difference between National archives of India and Archaeological Survey of India {ASI}.

Archaeological Survey of India gets published reports and bulletins of the research conducted under its banner.

National Archives of India is the repository of old records, not records of research activities carried out by individuals or ASI.

Hence, I think, no further discussion on this issue is desirable.

Rather we must move forward and try to share new archaeological finds, if any, under this thread.

Thanks and records

sabbashh Ji!!..History section is being killed gradually by the virtue of intellectuals..and it is already half in grave due to burden of heavy english!..carry on!!..it 's warfield to show your valour..History is being created.

Few montsh ago, itw as most intersting section..but now only intellectuals of high order can underdtand the topic, discussion, theme and conclusion!..it was not so boring before.
    Last edited by prashantacmet; September 5th, 2013 at 07:55 PM.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (September 5th, 2013), ravinderjeet (September 5th, 2013)

Friends,

Excavations at an Old Site initially spread over an area of 02 hectares at Madina [site-3] were taken up by a team of archaeologists led by Dr. Manmohan Kumar, Professor of History, M.D. University, Rohtak during February March 2008. He was kind enough to share the findings with fellow historians and archaeologists in a seminar held at Mukand Lal National College Yamunanagar. His power presentation containing photos, slides and description of the objects collected has been included as a research paper on the topic. It can be read from the book: Haryana: History and Historiography, ed. Dr. Raj Pal Singh, published by VRVA Printers Yamunanagar 2013, pp. 39 to 47. The ISBN of the book is 978-81927583-0-1.

If participants in the discussion here at the site are interested to know about it, I would be happy to share major findings of the paper.

Thanks and regards,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (September 5th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    sabbashh Ji!!..History section is being killed gradually by the virtue of intellectuals..and it is already half in grave due to burden of heavy english!..carry on!!..it 's warfiled to show your valour..History is being created.

Few montsh ago, itw as most intersting section..but now only intellectuals of hih order can only underdtand the topic, discussion, theme and conclusion!..it was not so boring before.
    Thanks Prashant for timely warning.

I regret I was unnecessarily carried away and it was avoidable transgression. I would try to contribute my humble bit to bring it back to normal track.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (September 5th, 2013)

Thanks Prashant for timely warning.

I regret I was unnecessarily carried away and it was avoidable transgression. I would try to contribute my humble bit to bring it back to normal track.
    Rajpal ji..no matter what is going on in the history section....your politeness wins the war always
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Thanks.

I think here every participant in the discussion is winner and none is looser !

Has any slideshow appeared on ancient Haryana history !!!