Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Old documents/Pictures related with Jats and North-Western Tribes of Bharat.

उत्तर प्रदेश में अहीर मुसलमान हैं ,मुझे कई ऐसे मिल चुके हैं ।
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ravinderjeet For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (May 4th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ravinderjeet View Post
    उत्तर प्रदेश में अहीर मुसलमान हैं ,मुझे कई ऐसे मिल चुके हैं ।
    Name the villages.

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post
    This is a an excellent link that i found on internet. It tells something about people living in north western Bharat including "Jats" and characteristics. This document is interesting as this looks like an unbiased view from an outsiders perspective.

It is essential to remove religion based view of a community explained in this document. Religion based view mostly comes from myths and folklore and not from crude scientifically verifiable facts.
    What is more important is the information of characteristics of people.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; May 1st, 2013 at 07:39 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 1st, 2013), narenderkharb (May 3rd, 2013)

Excellent example of presence of Jats in Afghanistan, Pakistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derajat

Excellent example of presence of Jats in Afghanistan, Pakistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derajat

Sometimes i feel, throughout ages, there has been a tendency to remove or finish Jat identity and history. People living from Afhganistan,Pakistan and northwest India were Jats and now we know,what remains of this large tribe.

In the region referred to none seems to destroy the Jat identify as considerable number

of people belonging to Jat community are living there though they have adopted Islam yet

they are known by their caste name i.e. Jats. Therefore, while discussing the Jat as

nomenclature of a community the adoption of various religions does not mean that

they have ceased to be Jats.

The fact is that they were earlier Jats and are even today known as Jats; so no wrong

has happened to destroy their caste name identity. The Jat identity is based on their gotra

names and not on the basis of their religious affiliation
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; May 4th, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

maddhan1979 (May 8th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    In the region referred to none seems to destroy the Jat identify as considerable number

of people belonging to Jat community are living there though they have adopted Islam yet

they are known by their caste name i.e. Jats. Therefore, while discussing the Jat as

nomenclature of a community the adoption of various religions does not mean that

they have ceased to be Jats.

The fact is that they were earlier Jats and are even today known as Jats; so no wrong

has happened to destroy their caste name identity. The Jat identity is based on their gotra

names and not on the basis of their religious affiliation

Well said Dr.Rajpal. A slight correction though: "they are known by their caste name i.e. Jats.", "Jats" are a community and not a caste. Caste is a religious identity. The word community is derived from commune. "Communue": people coming from common genetic origins. In ancient times people had a commune origin therefore a common genetic origin.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

urmiladuhan (September 20th, 2013)

It is essential to remove religion based view of a community explained in this document. Religion based view mostly comes from myths and folklore and not from crude scientifically verifiable facts.
    What is more important is the information of characteristics of people.

Sorry, i forgot to post the link of the document. Here it is,i googled it again:

http://www.payer.de/quellenkunde/quellen1608.htm

Again, i will repeat the same thing. We need to separate the concepts laid down by religious contexts. Okey, this documents has been written by outsiders but this document tells us about the characteristics of the people. When i say characteristics, they seem to be written in pure form. Why so? because, the person who wrote this document would have written it based on the first hand experience, which is generally pure in nature.
    It is normal that a human being shows his true characteristic first to someone who he does not know personally.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; May 7th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

urmiladuhan (September 20th, 2013)

Sorry, i forgot to post the link of the document. Here it is,i goggled it again:

Again, i will repeat the same thing. We need to separate the concepts laid down by religious contexts. Okey, this documents has been written by outsiders but this document tells us about the characteristics of the people. When i say characteristics, they seem to be written in pure form. Why so? because, the person who wrote this document would have written it based on the first hand experience, which is generally pure in nature.
    It is normal that a human being shows his true characteristic first to someone who he does not know personally.

We must remember "Jats" never subsided against any aggression whether that was from internal kings or external invasions in the name of religion or foreign armies or whatever other reason. They only contributed their blood in different forms throughout ages, either that be "conversion of Jats to Sikhism" or fighting invasions in any other form. As the strategic location of Jats have always been on the north western frontiers of Bharat therefore they always had to bear the brunt of any war, which were innumerable in past. Arrival of Britishers into India was at a time period in Bharat when Bharat had been facing wars in the name religion for several hundred years, which people of north western India whether that be Jats, Rajpoots, Dogras etc. were facing alone. Therefore British arrival at this area was a help to these tribes.

Sorry, i forgot to post the link of the document. Here it is,i googled it again:

If u you are a warrior and your ancestors have been warriors through out ages, you will eat, whatever u can get from the land because during a war time u do not have time to cook food or even search for food. So living off the land is the best. The writer of the above document tells about "Jats" eating meat of different animals, this tells about the past of Jats.

Something about "Krishna". Some facts are stated about "Krishna" in this document. We must remember the writer of this document states the facts related with "Krishna" based on local folklore and verbal knowledge. He did not write these facts based on archaeology or scientific evidence as "Krishna" was a person of ancient times therefore only archaeologically verifiable facts can ascertain truth and not mythology or any other form of information.

Something about "Krishna". Some facts are stated about "Krishna" in this document. We must remember the writer of this document states the facts related with "Krishna" based on local folklore and verbal knowledge. He did not write these facts based on archaeology or scientific evidence as "Krishna" was a person of ancient times therefore only archaeologically verifiable facts can ascertain truth and not mythology or any other form of information.

The only true things that can be derived pure of origin from this document is the "nature" and life of people as this would be first hand visual, hearing and other kind of experience of the writer.

The document under reference was prepared in 1850's by the

British colonials to presents the Indian people before the English

speaking people and utmost care must be taken before taking it

as true representation of the Indian people or their habits/nature

and history.

Hence due caution is needed before using it as evidence to draw conclusions based

on it or the similar documents.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

maddhan1979 (May 8th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    The document under reference was prepared in 1850's by the

British colonials to presents the Indian people before the English

speaking people and utmost care must be taken before taking it

as true representation of the Indian people or their habits/nature

and history.

Hence due caution is needed before using it as evidence to draw conclusions based

on it or the similar documents.

One must be careful about understanding the information properly in the right context, relevance,time period, writer's approach, writer's knowledge etc.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; May 8th, 2013 at 07:21 AM.

Many times digital documents are also manipulated. So one must also be careful about the genuinity of the document.

This difference can also be in the form of "what the original document says".
    Last edited by maddhan1979; May 8th, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

One must also be careful with online documents which are not stored in guarded repositories. Documents which are not located in secure online repositories can be easily manipulated by people to cater to their own needs.

On such context is the lineage of people because when this document was written lineage of people was located based on folklore or what local people believed not on archaeological facts. Therefore such a document is not a genuine source of locating historic lineage connections of people and tribes.

When reading this document,we must remember the time period at which this document was written, who wrote it and the archaeological discoveries made after this document was written have not been incorporated in the document. There is a difference between writing of the document and publishing of the document.

When reading this document,we must remember the time period at which this document was written, who wrote it and the archaeological discoveries made after this document was written have not been incorporated in the document. There is a difference between writing of the document and publishing of the document.

The writers call them "Nomads" , but later archelogical discoveries in central Asia revealed cities which dated back to Harrapan era and more ancient era.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; May 14th, 2013 at 07:58 AM.