Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Old documents/Pictures related with Jats and North-Western Tribes of Bharat.

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    Could Wima and Bheema be the same thing, just slight variation of pronounciation?
    In history books the name of one of the ancestors of 'Kanishka', the Kushan Emperor of India, is given as 'Wima' followed by Kadaphises. But no analogy has come to knowledge so far between Wima and Bheema as supposed here.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (October 29th, 2013)

Linguists deal with these kind of change in pronounciation issues. Perhaps someone with that sort of knowledge maybe able to shed some light. Audience who have reason to believe that Jats are Kushans may also take an interest why Kushan king names have not so popularly caught up with Jats in India. There ought to be some sort of academic defence for the observation.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    In history books the name of one of the ancestors of 'Kanishka', the Kushan Emperor of India, is given as 'Wima' followed by Kadaphises. But no analogy has come to knowledge so far between Wima and Bheema as supposed here.
    Last edited by urmiladuhan; October 29th, 2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    Linguists deal with these kind of change in pronounciation issues. Perhaps someone with that sort of knowledge maybe able to shed some light. Audience who have reason to believe that Jats are Kushans may also take an interest why Kushan king names have not so popularly caught up with Jats in India. There ought to be some sort of academic defence for the observation.
    A few points to consider:

1. The han stands for Hunnic tribes. They were horse riding+warrior people. There were mangoloid Huns in later history such as Changez Khan, White Huns( Hepthalites, Scytians, etc, that existed in much older times then Mangoloid huns). It seems Mangoloid huns either adopted this horse riding people culture when plains of central Asian became vacant and the the tribes which lived there earlier migrated to different parts of the world. This migration was a big shift of population as compaired to early movement history of these tribes, where they used to travel, do trade and settle down in small number, but in later ages, these tribes seems to have moved in large numbers toward present day Europe, ancient Bharat and other areas of the world.

2. The main remains of these tribes can be found in north west ancient Bharat. North west ancient Bharat went through many huge turmoils in the name or religion, wars, etc and everyone told the story to make their books look good. Most of the knowledge we have of ancient Bharat is of myths, legends and stuff that just hangs in thin air without much archaeological proof. Therefore, it is very early to comment on your questions. These can only be answered, when proper archaeological work is done.

3. The main koncept is of "Han". Kush + Han. Jats have lot of "Han" clans such as : Chauhan, Duhan, Maddhan. Now again, "Khatri" is also a Jat clan and then there are seperate "Khatris", who are in the region of Punjab and they write family names as "Trihan". I do not know, at what time, how and why the "Khatris" of Punjab separated from main "Jat" root.

What you write is quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post

1. The han stands for Hunnic tribes. They were horse riding+warrior people. There were mangoloid Huns in later history such as Changez Khan, White Huns( Hepthalites, Scytians, etc, that existed in much older times then Mangoloid huns). It seems Mangoloid huns either adopted this horse riding people culture when plains of central Asian became vacant and the the tribes which lived there earlier migrated to different parts of the world. This migration was a big shift of population as compaired to early movement history of these tribes, where they used to travel, do trade and settle down in small number, but in later ages, these tribes seems to have moved in large numbers toward present day Europe, ancient Bharat and other areas of the world.

2. The main remains of these tribes can be found in north west ancient Bharat. North west ancient Bharat went through many huge turmoils in the name or religion, wars, etc and everyone told the story to make their books look good. Most of the knowledge we have of ancient Bharat is of myths, legends and stuff that just hangs in thin air without much archaeological proof. Therefore, it is very early to comment on your questions. These can only be answered, when proper archaeological work is done.

3. The main koncept is of "Han". Kush + Han. Jats have lot of "Han" clans such as : Chauhan, Duhan, Maddhan. Now again, "Khatri" is also a Jat clan and then there are seperate "Khatris", who are in the region of Punjab and they write family names as "Trihan". I do not know, at what time, how and why the "Khatris" of Punjab separated from main "Jat" root.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

1. The han stands for Hunnic tribes. They were horse riding+warrior people. ........

I do not know, at what time, how and why the "Khatris" of Punjab separated from main "Jat" root.

What is the origin of the main ''Jat root'' according to your studies.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

urmiladuhan (October 29th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    [/B]

What is the origin of the main ''Jat root'' according to your studies.

I was going to propose something, that was might have added something new, but someone, who is an administrator in this forum mixed the thread with Harappan civilization thread. I loose my line of thought, when i am proposing something new, which i have not proposed earlier and if that gets mixed up with something that is not connected with an earlier thread then, i loose my continuation of the new statement.

I was going to propose something, that was might have added something new, but someone, who is an administrator in this forum mixed the thread with Harappan civilization thread. I loose my line of thought, when i am proposing something new, which i have not proposed earlier and if that gets mixed up with something that is not connected with an earlier thread then, i loose my continuation of the new statement.
    Kindly share what according to your study is the main ''Jat Root'' and separation of ''Khatris'' to which you hinted in your earlier post. None is barring you from sharing your line of thought under this thread.

Moreover, there seems to be no harm in sharing information on the Scythians and Jats here on this thread.

Thanks and regards