Thread: Are colourblinds allowed in IT & Telecom, Electronics sector???

Are colourblinds allowed in IT & Telecom, Electronics sector???

Hi friends, I have just completed my Btech in E&C, and now i have discovered that few companies like that of & mining, chemical dont allow colourblind candidates, also i know that colorblind is a reason for rejection in PSU'S, so proffessionals working in IT and telecom, Electronics sector, plz let me know that does these companies also reject colourblind candidates???? especially electronics, as its my intrest....e e
    Your answers are valuable to me as they will help me in deciding a right path, so that if its not possible for me to get in these sectors, then i can prepare for other sectors, like banking, civil services........

Thanks & regards,
    Gautam Nain

I had worked in IT companies for more than a decade and do not remember any one being rejected due to color blindness.

I know a color blind person working in my company. I don't think this is a criteria to reject someone.
    जिंदगी पथ है मंजिल की तरफ जाने का,
    जिंदगी नाम है तूफानों से टकराने का.
    मौत तो बस चैन से सो जाने की बदनामी है,
    जिंदगी गीत है मस्ती से सदा गाने का..

Not in my organisation too .

Your fear is right buddy, Mining, Chemical, PSU's do have restrictions. I have seen rejection of ppl at a later stage, Sad thing is they don't conduct the Medicals Within a week of your selection so you couldn't know you're in our out. Your joy ends when you pass out from the college, wait for their joining for some 2-3 months, and discover a rejection later. You miss out the campus advantage of sitting in other companies as well. You're deserted after +2/3 months of finishing collage.

In IT sector, AFAIK TCS & Wipro are fussy about Medical. In Infosys,i have seen disabled people working too. For other companies you'll have to carry out an extensive google search, about each every one of them. And make a list of NO GO companies.

I myself don't understand how does it matter for one s/w person not to identify one or a few particular shade of green, red for that matter. Where he can distinguish, that yes it's a red/green though. The warning or error messages there anyways are plain green, yellow or red. For chemical it's understood.

To be cautious.
    Google out the medical/colorblind standards of the next company coming to the campus or you're applying out of campus. Confirm by connecting to your seniors, who are working in those company via linked din , facebook etc. If they say yes it matters:- JUST DO NOT APPLY.

कई क्षेत्रो में सुरक्षा के मद्देनज़र तथा चीजों को वर्गों में बाटने के लिये रंगों (Color Coding) का प्रयोग किया जाता है| उन क्षेत्रो में color blind लोगो के काम करने पर समस्या पैदा हो सकती है | इसीलिए इस तरह की industry color blind लोगो को नौकरी पर नहीं रखती है|
    मीठे बोल बोलिये क्योंकि अल्फाजों में जान होती है,
    ये समुंदर के वह मोती हैं जिनसे इंसानों की पहचान होती है।।

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Your fear is right buddy, Mining, Chemical, PSU's do have restrictions. I have seen rejection of ppl at a later stage, Sad thing is they don't conduct the Medicals Within a week of your selection so you couldn't know you're in our out. Your joy ends when you pass out from the college, wait for their joining for some 2-3 months, and discover a rejection later. You miss out the campus advantage of sitting in other companies as well. You're deserted after +2/3 months of finishing collage.

In IT sector, AFAIK TCS & Wipro are fussy about Medical. In Infosys,i have seen disabled people working too. For other companies you'll have to carry out an extensive google search, about each every one of them. And make a list of NO GO companies.

I myself don't understand how does it matter for one s/w person not to identify one or a few particular shade of green, red for that matter. Where he can distinguish, that yes it's a red/green though. The warning or error messages there anyways are plain green, yellow or red. For chemical it's understood.

To be cautious.
    Google out the medical/colorblind standards of the next company coming to the campus or you're applying out of campus. Confirm by connecting to your seniors, who are working in those company via linked din , facebook etc. If they say yes it matters:- JUST DO NOT APPLY.
    Thanks for ur reply Mr Satinder singh, the irony is that, no company has posted any medical requirements on their official websites, so the only medium for me to know this is through different forums, as per IT sector, i know that TCS dosent recruit colourblinds, dont know about wipro

Quote Originally Posted by nain1986 View Post
    Thanks for ur reply Mr Satinder singh, the irony is that, no company has posted any medical requirements on their official websites, so the only medium for me to know this is through different forums, as per IT sector, i know that TCS dosent recruit colourblinds, dont know about wipro
    In some companies, after selection they need medical certificate.
    You can collect medical certificate in Rs.200-300 approx (you can mention that u r fit in everything) and submit in the company. Not an issue.
    Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vikasJAT For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (April 16th, 2013)

"You can collect medical certificate in Rs.200-300"

As far as I know organizations who want medical certificate -they tend to get it done by their own doctors and listed hospitals.

In case one get caught -----its a forgery which is punishable as per Indian Law----whole career would get jeopardize .

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post

As far as I know organizations who want medical certificate -they tend to get it done by their own doctors and listed hospitals.

In case one get caught -----its a forgery which is punishable as per Indian Law----whole career would get jeopardize .
    aur kisi ka muje pata ni per maine apna medical certificate aise he liya tha.
    condition ye thi ki MBBS doctor ki stamp lagni chahiye.
    mere sath 3-4 candidates ne b aise he diya tha, bhagwan ki daya se sare MNC me baithe hain.

TCS k off campus k through jo b select hote hain unka medical mangte hain, sabhi aise he karte hain, kisi b MBBS doctor se paise de kar banva lete hain.
    Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vikasJAT For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (April 16th, 2013), ssgoyat (April 16th, 2013)

May be ----with HCL they got it done by their own doctors . Shayad alag alag organizations ka diff process hota hoga

Quote Originally Posted by vikasJAT View Post
    aur kisi ka muje pata ni per maine apna medical certificate aise he liya tha.
    condition ye thi ki MBBS doctor ki stamp lagni chahiye.
    mere sath 3-4 candidates ne b aise he diya tha, bhagwan ki daya se sare MNC me baithe hain.

TCS k off campus k through jo b select hote hain unka medical mangte hain, sabhi aise he karte hain, kisi b MBBS doctor se paise de kar banva lete hain.

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post

Just like General (Retd.) V K Singh? :-p

Kaangres ne jor to bhatera laaya....