Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Jat - Identity and Social Status

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    Rana Saheb wrote -

On its own merit the Devasamhita is a forged text done by one Gorakh Singh in the 18/19 century.

I tried to find the earliest edition of Devasamhita but could not get it. If any body has it we may like to go through it. As per Dahiya's mention it pertains to about-8-9th century.

I had once sent one person to Haridwar to get its copy from one learned Brahman fellow who told that these Samhitas are written by Asuras and not accepted by Brahmans. Even he did not try to search it. There is a point in it because Devasamhita goes against Brahmans. Jats are least concerned as usual as in this thread. Jab kahin dhuan hai to aag ke srot ka to pata karo !

If Narender Ji has seen Devasamhita we may like his comments on it. We should have a strong evidence to reject a certain theory already floated by somebody.

As regards the Federation theory we have to accept it. India has always progressed under Federation Govts like Janpadas or republics. Monarchy has never succeeded here. Even when there was a strong monarch at central level, the governing lower levels were always republics.

The Genetic Studies discussed here also go in favour of the Jat Federation Theory.
    The Jat federation theory was pushed forward on the basis of a faulty understanding/interpretation of 'jat sanghaate' given

.i.n the Dhaatupaatha of Panini. ,sanghaata' was taken as the same thing as 'sangha' whereas the two are different.

sanghaata is a cluster, thicket or lump of inanimate things, sangha is an association of living entities.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to drssrana2003 For This Useful Post:

lrburdak (June 30th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by drssrana2003 View Post
    My faith in the participants' good faith is not shaken. So Isail on.I consider the work of the old savants, who cared to talk about the wonderful communities they came into contact with. BBut it is also true that their line of investigation has not taken us any where near the answers we are trying to find. It is 124 years back that Hewitt wrote what he could write. It is useful for us to broaden our search area and do some out of the box thinking.I am not suggesting that only new is the answer. My plea is that let us keep a window open for out of the old lines of argumentation' Ithought the criticism of the steriotypes endorsed by some of our own elders will not be taken as blasphemous.
    Dr. Sahib,Object of the present discussion is to move forward with an open mind with the advancement of research in historical writings and reconstruction of history with opening of multi-disciplinary approach as well as coming to light newer sources every day. These are to be taken advantage for reconstruction of Jat history spread over vast areas of the globe.We are here to dig out the facts from all literary sources as well as out of the womb of earth and to present them before the people after due scrutiny and analyses and then let facts speak for themselves whether one likes it or not. Facts are facts and they will find their own foothold sooner or later. Therefore, there is nothing to worry about the reaction of those who have no regards for objective history writing whether it supports the old greats or rejects their findings.Thanks and regards.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    A few lines on the issue from this link are :"Hewitt also notes the connection between Jats and Goths:The Jats ... trace their descent to the land of Ghazni and Kandahar, watered by the mother-river of the Kushika race, the sacred Haetuman.t or Helmand. Their name connects them with the Getae of Thrace, and thence with the Gattons, said by Pytheas to live on the southern shores of the Baltic, the Gaettones placed by Ptolemy and Tacitus on the Vistula in the country of the Lithuanians, and the Goths of Gothland = Sweden. This Scandinavian descent is confirmed by their system of land-tenure, for the chief tenure of the Muttra district is that called Bhagadura, in which the members of the village brotherhood each hold as their family property a separate and defined area among the village lands, according to the customs of the Bratovos of the Balkan peninsula and the Hof-bauers of North-West {p.482} Germany ..The Getae of the Balkans are said by Herod to be the bravest and most just of the Thracians." (Hewitt 1894, p.481-482)''
    The quote is old one but is worth appraisal. So Comments of the participants critically scrutinizing and analyzing this quote are invited.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.