Thread: Beautiful Village Photos (All original)

Beautiful Village Photos (All original)

This one shows the village pond and temples of Village Kharawar (Distt Rohtak, Haryana).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	village kharawar.jpg 
Views:	948 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	16750

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (August 11th, 2013), anilsangwan (August 28th, 2013), deependra (August 9th, 2013), lrburdak (August 12th, 2013), SandeepSirohi (August 12th, 2013), sanjeev_balyan (August 9th, 2013), sivach (August 10th, 2013), Sunil2011 (August 11th, 2013), upendersingh (August 10th, 2013)

This one shows the well constructed village pond of villake Ikkas (Distt. Jind, Haryana). The trees lining the pond were once inside the joad (i.e., pond) but as the pond got shallower and narrower, they became the periphery of the pond.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ikkas joad.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	16751

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (August 11th, 2013), anilsangwan (August 28th, 2013), cooljat (August 10th, 2013), deependra (August 9th, 2013), SandeepSirohi (August 12th, 2013), Sunil2011 (August 11th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    This one shows the well constructed village pond of villake Ikkas (Distt. Jind, Haryana). The trees lining the pond were once inside the joad (i.e., pond) but as the pond got shallower and narrower, they became the periphery of the pond.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ikkas joad.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	16751
    welcome back urmila ji
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sanjeev_balyan For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (August 10th, 2013), urmiladuhan (August 10th, 2013)

Village women having a get together at their home. Notice the various age groups sitting, chatting, having tea, and posing for photo together. The 'durri' (mat) on the charpoy is handwoven using old, discarded cloth (it takes about 10 hours to complete one 'durri' and the whole operation is done at home while taking care of the household chores).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ikkas 2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	16752

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (August 11th, 2013), rekhasmriti (August 10th, 2013), SandeepSirohi (August 12th, 2013), sivach (August 10th, 2013), Sunil2011 (August 11th, 2013), upendersingh (August 10th, 2013), vikasJAT (August 12th, 2013), ygulia (August 11th, 2013)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ikkas 20 copy.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	16754

The above photo is a above the door ventilator screen which has beautiful diety figure, birds and animals figures. (Ikkas Village, Distt Jind, Haryana)
    As the diety image seems to be that of a woman, it may be that of Lakshmi is shown. Lakshmi when shown with elephant (as here) is called Gajlakshmi. Alongside, there are birds (symbol of peace) and various plant figures. Very artistic, i think. The house otherwise seems to be in a dilapidated state, but this beautiful ventilator screen is giving it immense beauty!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (August 11th, 2013), Sunil2011 (August 11th, 2013)

Thanks everyone for liking the photos!

urmila ji,is thread mein kis type ki pics show karna chahte ho?

anything related to village or something specific only?

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarocks View Post
    urmila ji,is thread mein kis type ki pics show karna chahte ho?

anything related to village or something specific only?
    The type of pics I have shared, I have collected over the last few months. These show views/scenery that I found very beautiful and attractive during my travels.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

lrburdak (August 12th, 2013)

Good pictures. Urmila Ji can you upload these pics on JL Wiki ? We can put there on that particular village page or in the gallery of village life pictures.
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    Good pictures. Urmila Ji can you upload these pics on JL Wiki ? We can put there on that particular village page or in the gallery of village life pictures.

Good idea. Sure I shall upload them on wiki.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rFW39Gn...ture=c4-feed-u

This video shows peacock in village katwal (Sonepat distt) on a rainy day.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rFW39Gn...ture=c4-feed-u

This video shows peacock in village katwal (Sonepat distt) on a rainy day.

I have seen the big and wide "Carved Chaukhats" in village haveylis some one can post that as well.