Thread: Could "Dahiya" family name have this Scythian origin?

Could "Dahiya" family name have this Scythian origin?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (September 17th, 2013)

There is a village called "Dah" in western UP. I have a strong feeling that Dah and Dahiya have some relation

RK^2
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

How about "Dahiya Doctrine" of Israel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahiya_doctrine

Anything in common with Dahiya Gotra?

RK^2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

How about queen Dahiya Kahina of Algeria?

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...ya_Kahina.html

RK^2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

Wikipedia says:

"The Dahae or Dahaeans were a confederacy of three Ancient Iranian tribes who lived in the region to the immediate east of the Caspian Sea. They spoke an Eastern Iranian language. It was known as Dihistan and Dahistan during the Sassanid period."

We need to study [wiki]Jat Iran Sumer and Indus Civilization[/wiki] by K C Dahiya.

हम वे हैं जिन्होंने भारत-पाक-ईरान को घर बनाने की टेक्नीक, खेती की टेक्नीक, सिंचाई प्रणाली, घरेलू पशुपालन, रोटी, चूल्हा व तवे की टेक्नोलोजी देकर मानवता की सेवा की है. हम तलवार बाज नहीं बल्कि सृजनात्मक कौम हैं. हम संसार की पहली तीन-चार कौम में से एक हैं जिन्होंने पूर्वी ईरान में खेती की शुरुआत करके इस क्षेत्र के मानव की भूख की समस्या हल करने की शुरुआत की.

Migration of Dahiyas

Krishna Chander Dahiya gives account of Migration of Dahiyas from Fargana (Uzbekistan) in Fergana Valley of southern Central Asia. He writes that all 42 villages of Rohtak/Sonipat area spread from Barona. They came to Barona from Dadrerra/Hatra/Churu-Ganganagar. They lived there for long time. There Dahiyas came from Dahiya Barr near Harappa situated between Multan and Sialkot. Dahiya Jats came there about 400 AD or beyond. They came to Dahiya Barr from Susa/Suss/Iranian cities. They came to Susa from Dahia near Fargana before 3300-3500 BC. ([wiki]Jat Iran Sumer and Indus Civilization[/wiki],p.287)
    Laxman Burdak

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

maddhan1979 (September 17th, 2013), Prikshit (September 17th, 2013), rajpaldular (September 17th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post
    On Dahiya Jats, Ram Sarup Joon in his 'History of the Jats,' says :[[Dahiya]]''': This is a major branch of '''[[Puru]]'''. The [[Dahiya]] clan took part in the [[Mahabharata]]. At that time they were living in the Southern part of [[China]]. According to [[Todd]]'s Rajasthan (based upon the writings of Justin and [[Herodotus]]), thousands of years before Christ, the Dahiya Mahajati tribe lived on the eastern bank of the River Sihun ([[Oxus]]). The [[Heir]], [[Bhullar]] and [[Sihag]] sub-tribes lived in the adjoining country. The [[Dahiya]] Jats took part in the battle between [[Darius]] and Alexander. They ruled over [[Rajgarh]] territory. Some Dahiya Jats who lived in Rajasthan mixed up with the Rajputs and was therefore called Rajputs. They have 12 villages near Rupar. Some of them became coverts to Islam but were still called Rajputs, and some living in the [[Rohtak]] district have been by mistake called '''[[Chauhan]]s by their bards'''. Another writer has called them the descendants of [[Dadhichi]]. Five Vaish gotras also belong to [[Dahiya]] gotra.........

Link : History of the Jats/Chapter V

History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

maddhan1979 (September 18th, 2013), rajpaldular (November 19th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    Wikipedia says:

"The Dahae or Dahaeans were a confederacy of three Ancient Iranian tribes who lived in the region to the immediate east of the Caspian Sea. They spoke an Eastern Iranian language. It was known as Dihistan and Dahistan during the Sassanid period."

We need to study Jat Iran Sumer and Indus Civilization by K C Dahiya.

हम वे हैं जिन्होंने भारत-पाक-ईरान को घर बनाने की टेक्नीक, खेती की टेक्नीक, सिंचाई प्रणाली, घरेलू पशुपालन, रोटी, चूल्हा व तवे की टेक्नोलोजी देकर मानवता की सेवा की है. हम तलवार बाज नहीं बल्कि सृजनात्मक कौम हैं. हम संसार की पहली तीन-चार कौम में से एक हैं जिन्होंने पूर्वी ईरान में खेती की शुरुआत करके इस क्षेत्र के मानव की भूख की समस्या हल करने की शुरुआत की.

Migration of Dahiyas

Krishna Chander Dahiya gives account of Migration of Dahiyas from Fargana (Uzbekistan) in Fergana Valley of southern Central Asia. He writes that all 42 villages of Rohtak/Sonipat area spread from Barona. They came to Barona from Dadrerra/Hatra/Churu-Ganganagar. They lived there for long time. There Dahiyas came from Dahiya Barr near Harappa situated between Multan and Sialkot. Dahiya Jats came there about 400 AD or beyond. They came to Dahiya Barr from Susa/Suss/Iranian cities. They came to Susa from Dahia near Fargana before 3300-3500 BC. (Jat Iran Sumer and Indus Civilization,p.287)
    Old Tribal roots and migrations.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (November 19th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    Wikipedia says:

We need to study Jat Iran Sumer and Indus Civilization by K C Dahiya.

Migration of Dahiyas

Krishna Chander Dahiya gives account of Migration of Dahiyas from Fargana (Uzbekistan) in Fergana Valley of southern Central Asia. He writes that all 42 villages of Rohtak/Sonipat area spread from Barona. They came to Barona from Dadrerra/Hatra/Churu-Ganganagar. They lived there for long time. There Dahiyas came from Dahiya Barr near Harappa situated between Multan and Sialkot. Dahiya Jats came there about 400 AD or beyond. They came to Dahiya Barr from Susa/Suss/Iranian cities. They came to Susa from Dahia near Fargana before 3300-3500 BC. (Jat Iran Sumer and Indus Civilization,p.287)
    If i remember correctly and we study religious books of Christianity, we find that there is mention of agriculture in earliest human settlements in and around Iraq. On the other hand we had continuous civilizations that flourished from present day Gujrat all the way up to middle eastern countries during the same time period.
    As u mention central Asia in this perspective, we can see that there seems to be a continuous civilization from from Gujrat to middle east to central Asia and all of them seem to be of very ancient origin.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

If i remember correctly and we study religious books of Christianity, we find that there is mention of agriculture in earliest human settlements in and around Iraq. On the other hand we had continuous civilizations that flourished from present day Gujrat all the way up to middle eastern countries during the same time period.
    As u mention central Asia in this perspective, we can see that there seems to be a continuous civilization from from Gujrat to middle east to central Asia and all of them seem to be of very ancient origin.
    Starting of agriculture in these areas have also been verified archaeologically.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (November 19th, 2013), rajpaldular (November 19th, 2013)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (November 19th, 2013), rajpaldular (November 19th, 2013)

The discussion seems to have been suspended due to perplexity of the matter as nothing proved so far whether there was a connection between the two or not !
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    The discussion seems to have been suspended due to perplexity of the matter as nothing proved so far whether there was a connection between the two or not !

Sorry, i can only provide you with pillars, you have stand yourself and build a base. If u can not stand yourself, no one else can do it for you.
    I have to carry my practical everyday live and earn my living, so no extensive contributions or struggle for very deep research from my side on these topics at this point of time maybe when i am old, not now.
    Last edited by maddhan1979; November 19th, 2013 at 05:18 PM.

Sorry, i can only provide you with pillars, you have stand yourself and build a base. If u can not stand yourself, no one else can do it for you.
    I have to carry my practical everyday live and earn my living, so no extensive contributions or struggle for very deep research from my side on these topics at this point of time maybe when i am old, not now.
    Friend,

Kindly understand the spirit of my comment; this is HISTORY FORUM and not General Discussion Forum. If you have no solid evidence then put your pillars elsewhere not in HISTORY FORUM which is meant for discussion with some sense of authenticity.

It is good that you are working very hard to earn your bread and butter.

Age is no criterion for learning, so you can even now try to put lesser number of good quality posts on the topics of your choice than to writing on each and every topic.

Yes choice lies with you.

Hope you would take this post in positive manner.

Thanks and regards,

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friend,

Kindly understand the spirit of my comment; this is HISTORY FORUM and not General Discussion Forum. If you have no solid evidence then put your pillars elsewhere not in HISTORY FORUM which is meant for discussion with some sense of authenticity.

It is good that you are working very hard to earn your bread and butter.

Age is no criterion for learning, so you can even now try to put lesser number of good quality posts on the topics of your choice than to writing on each and every topic.

Yes choice lies with you.

Hope you would take this post in positive manner.

Thanks and regards,
    "Solid evidence is out there, it is for everyone to see, if u someone wants to remain closed, then it can not be helped"

"Solid evidence is out there, it is for everyone to see, if u someone wants to remain closed, then it can not be helped"
    What is ''solid evidence'' kindly elaborate please.