Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: On Buddha and Buddhism...

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyaBadshah View Post
    Of course Buddha was an experimentalist that too of high order. Buddhism all talks and no substance couldn't stand the test of time and collapsed....
    Dr. Ved Prakash views :
    Buddha's teaching: Ahimsa Parmo Dharma (Ahimsa shreshtha hai)
    Buddha picked (half) corrupted form of Gita's message to suit his Non-violence experimentation.
    Lord Krishna's full message: Ahimsa Parmo Dharma; Dharma Hinsa Tathev Che.(Dharam ke liye hinsa bhi param Dharam hai.)
    Giving heed to Buddha's teachings of Non-violence kings and queens in India disbanded their armies to build hospitals, maths and to fund cherity works.
    On seeing police officer hanging a fisherman for killing fish, Kumaril Bhat or Shankra Charya (one of the two) asked why you did this?
    "He committed violence" Cop said
    "You are teaching Non-violence with violence" Sage asked.(1)
    It generated controversy/discussion about Buddhas idea of Non-violence which (2) pose a threat to national security as well.
    Monks failed to address public concern and eventually Buddhism disappeared fron India as we know.

I may agree with you. If you see budhism with the eye of a religius denominations..it may fail you. but with the eye of spiritualism , it's an ocean.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

urmiladuhan (October 11th, 2013)

Gautam Buddha ne bhut ache karye kiye. kfai sarahiniye hia.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RajatSingh For This Useful Post:

According to one study over 10 million Sadhus are estimated in India today. They hardly contribute anything back to society but I won't say all have degenerated to the level of social evil.
    I beg to disagree. I think the learned ones share their knowledge with other seekers. Many show spiritual and ethical path to others. The knowledge that is gained with introspection, deep thinking on various human and social aspects etc.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (October 11th, 2013)

Of course Buddha was an experimentalist that too of high order. Buddhism all talks and no substance couldn't stand the test of time and collapsed....
    Dr. Ved Prakash views :
    Buddha picked (half) corrupted form of Gita's message to suit his Non-violence experimentation.
    Lord Krishna's full message: Ahimsa Parmo Dharma; Dharma Hinsa Tathev Che.(Dharam ke liye hinsa bhi param Dharam hai.)
    Giving heed to Buddha's teachings of Non-violence kings and queens in India disbanded their armies to build hospitals, maths and to fund cherity works.
    On seeing police officer hanging a fisherman for killing fish, Kumaril Bhat or Shankra Charya (one of the two) asked why you did this?
    It generated controversy/discussion about Buddhas idea of Non-violence which (2) pose a threat to national security as well.
    Monks failed to address public concern and eventually Buddhism disappeared fron India as we know.

Buddhism spread far and wide in the east (as far as Japan) and South Asia. I do not think it has collapsed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

I think there is truth to what you have said. Sirpur, in Chattisgarh, has recently been found to have had been a prominent Buddhist centre during the time of the existence of South Kosala kingdom (6th C.E). Excavations in the area have yielded lot of Buddhist artifacts and monastery layout. However, the local religion these days is prominently Hindu. Where have all the practising Buddhists disappeared? I suppose, over time, Buddhism as a religion of the masses or as state religion did indeed disappear in India.

Dr. Ved Prakash views :
    -

10. The Following User Says Thank You to urmiladuhan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    I do not think it has collapsed.
    It is not collapsed, but Buddhists don't care about their religion much or I should say comparing to other religions. Diwali the main festival for Hindus, X-Mas for Christians, Eid for Muslims....what for Buddhists? If any then not popular one. If statue of Buddh vandalized then they don't care. I think here on JL almost 90% people don't believe in karma or rebirth (though I believe). In this world as well there are lot of people who don't think so that their karmas have anything to do with their fate. He showed the real path, but how many follow?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to upendersingh For This Useful Post:

. Nice.

P.s: Very interesting post.

Quote Originally Posted by upendersingh View Post
    It is not collapsed, but Buddhists don't care about their religion much or I should say comparing to other religions. Diwali the main festival for Hindus, X-Mas for Christians, Eid for Muslims....what for Buddhists? If any then not popular one. If statue of Buddh vandalized then they don't care. I think here on JL almost 90% people don't believe in karma or rebirth (though I believe). In this world as well there are lot of people who don't think so that their karmas have anything to do with their fate. He showed the real path, but how many follow?

here is a 2nd century relief sculpture showing the scene of Buddha leaving his palace in search of truth. buddha is not shown in human form but as an invisible horse rider. it wasnt until few centuries after the death of buddha that buddhist started showing buddha in human form.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buddha.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	16950

here is a 2nd century relief sculpture showing the scene of Buddha leaving his palace in search of truth. buddha is not shown in human form but as an invisible horse rider. it wasnt until few centuries after the death of buddha that buddhist started showing buddha in human form.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buddha.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	16950
    Good information, kindly share source/place where the relief was found/located.

Thanks.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Buddhism spread far and wide in the east (as far as Japan) and South Asia. I do not think it has collapsed.
    Truth is that it has lost followers in the country of its birth place.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Any guess?

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post

Thanks.
    Last edited by urmiladuhan; November 10th, 2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Double posting.

Any guess?
    None !!!!!

Currently in a Japanese museum, I believe.

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing information.

Read for archaeological evidence on the Lumbini Bagh, the birthplace of Gautama Buddha in 'The Tribune,' Chandigarh, 27th November, 2013, page, 9 caption: Discovery suggests Buddha lived two centuries earlier.

or link log in : www.tribuneindia.com

Truth is that it has lost followers in the country of its birth place.
    so we are thanksless people..it is not fault of budhha
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    so we are thanksless people..it is not fault of budhha
    Though Buddhism as a religious sect has disappeared but many of its teachings and practices have become part of Hindu way of life. Therefore, no question of thanklessness or remorse !