Thread: medical suggestion: acl injury shoulder

medical suggestion: acl injury shoulder

hi everybody on jatland;

i m looking for ligament surgery in my shoulder but i m confused whether aiims will be right choice for that or not , or should i look for private hospitals / orthopedics clinic for same.

Actualy i went aiims thrice in last 4 years regarding pain in my shoulder, every time they made me take a x ray and told me nothing is wrong with joints ,, just do physiotherapy.

but recently i wnt to a private ortho clinic, and there the doc told me using the same aiims x-ray there is some acl injury. then i wnt for mri scan and found there is/are ligament tear.

Now i m thinking to go back aiims with these reports to have my surgery. but i m confused whether they do have that highly specialized doctors/surgeon or not.

Please suggest me if anybody could enlighten me on this. or other other options.

Sorry for the late reply,

Keep all ur medical history ready.
    Call me on 9971569769.

Regards,
    Saurabh Jaglan

Quote Originally Posted by KuldeepTeotia View Post
    hi everybody on jatland;

i m looking for ligament surgery in my shoulder but i m confused whether aiims will be right choice for that or not , or should i look for private hospitals / orthopedics clinic for same.

Actualy i went aiims thrice in last 4 years regarding pain in my shoulder, every time they made me take a x ray and told me nothing is wrong with joints ,, just do physiotherapy.

but recently i wnt to a private ortho clinic, and there the doc told me using the same aiims x-ray there is some acl injury. then i wnt for mri scan and found there is/are ligament tear.

Now i m thinking to go back aiims with these reports to have my surgery. but i m confused whether they do have that highly specialized doctors/surgeon or not.

Please suggest me if anybody could enlighten me on this. or other other options.
    Last edited by saurabhjaglan; March 31st, 2014 at 03:46 PM.
    I find brothers in all castes , love in all religions. This whole world is my family .

I am not a medical expert, but have been very active in sports including injuries that come with it.. From my experience, X rays do not normally capture muscle and ligament tear. A MRI is the best option for a detailed scan though it is 5-6 times costlier than a xray. Regarding where to get it treated, I am sure others will be able to share feedback. I would suggest depending on your injury, find a good doctor as muscle and ligament problems have a tendency to reoccur.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

hemanthooda (April 1st, 2014)