Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions invited to further improve the contents of discussions

Suggestions invited to further improve the contents of discussions

Some members feel that the site functioning especially discussions forum should be made more attractive not only to retain existing regular contributors/visitors but also to involve more members.

Please also visit for reference to improvement needed : http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...568#post355568

Kindly come forward with concrete suggestions how it could be done !
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; January 20th, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Thumbs up

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post355442

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Readers are entagled in multiple similar sounding threads, feeling dazed and confused, and having tired of punching the same things on multiple threads again n again. Exhausting their energy & time in catching up with existing threads.

IMO it'll be more purposeful or meaningful to merge multiple similar sounding threads (one for LS polls, one for Haryana Assembly polls, one for all major parties, AAP, Congress, BJP, INLD, others etc). And users can start poll in the same threads, if the settings allows for multiple opinion polls in the same thread under request based scenario which a moderator can approve.
    Rajpalji, ye ek suggestion meri taraf se

aajkal site jatland.com se jyada jatlandmembersandpolitics.com ho rakhi hai
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (January 21st, 2014), cooljat (January 20th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (January 20th, 2014)

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post355442

Rajpalji, ye ek suggestion meri taraf se

Friend,

Though I do not subscribe to your view that this thread has caused readers to run away from the site or it has proved hindrance for the usual regular readers in any way yet keeping in view of your long standing and persistent demand the thread is being closed with immediate effect.

Hope happy readings and welcome more suggestions !
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (January 20th, 2014)

Agreed a bit more attention is being paid to political happenings and discussions

but

it is natural when general Elections to the Indian Lok Sabha are at hand.

However, many other threads are available where other issues are being taken up with usual fervour and zeal.

Moreover, members are welcome to initiate discussion on any topic of their choice and taste on various forums available on the site or/and to contribute on wiki pages !

Rajpal Ji,
    One of the most important suggestion is to protect the respect of Jats on this site.
    We should openly respect all the JAT leaders from all political parties who have passed away and done good for society.
    We should give more stress on topics like how can we improve economic status of our community.
    There are lot of non Jats on this site who are doing a lot wrong and creating confusion among us we need to eliminate that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krishdel For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 2nd, 2014), sukhbirhooda (February 4th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by krishdel View Post
    Rajpal Ji,
    One of the most important suggestion is to protect the respect of Jats on this site.
    We should openly respect all the JAT leaders from all political parties who have passed away and done good for society.
    We should give more stress on topics like how can we improve economic status of our community.
    There are lot of non Jats on this site who are doing a lot wrong and creating confusion among us we need to eliminate that.
    Good suggestions for which you deserve thanks and members need pay attention while expressing their opinions/views regarding the life and work of those leaders who are no more to reply their criticism.

There are a few topics in the form of threads on some facets relating to the economics, more can be added by members.

The last point regarding non Jats as members of the site is very serious matter. All necessary precaution is taken while granting membership of the site.

However, all members are requested to point out names of those members who have succeeded in becoming members clandestinely and it is assured the needful would be done to eliminate their membership by the site leaders without loosing a moment. You can send private message to keep your secrecy maintained to systems or editors/moderators for this purpose.

It is hoped that with the continued willing co-operation of all the members to maintain decorum, dignity and honour of our ancestors and present generation will be kept intact in the eyes of the readers both members and non member visitors.

Thanks and regards

Thread closed

I got the message that one of the Moderator has closed this thread. http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...blic-justified.

Found it weird that he didn't bother deleting the abusive and humiliating posts but just closed the thread. If someone has to abuse they can still do in another thread. Lets open the thread and delete the irrelevant posts.

Treat this as a suggestion if you want to improve.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

cooljat (March 13th, 2014)

Dear desijat,

You have received an infraction at Jatland Forums.

Reason: Invalid Profile Info/Signature
    -------
    Infraction Point: 1
    Warned to be careful in future.
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    Jatland Forums

Can I or members atleast know why have I/they recieved infraction? As far as I know I have done nothing wrong and if my signature is wrong I should first receive a mail asking me to change it, or warning instead of an infraction
    Last edited by desijat; March 13th, 2014 at 09:20 AM.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

rskankara (March 13th, 2014), SandeepSirohi (March 13th, 2014), vicky84 (March 13th, 2014)

on lighter note: Vikas- Careful in future and follow the fatva of JL otherwise ......... after 2 month JL kya Hindustan se ban kar diye jaoge

on serious note: kya sir(s) ji ... kya ho rahaa hai jatland par......
    Managers of site should come out clearly on implementation their policy and address the issue raised by "Desijat" one of the few active member of JL...
    Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Dear desijat,

-------
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    Jatland Forums

Can I or members atleast know why have I/they recieved infraction? As far as I know I have done nothing wrong and if my signature is wrong I should first receive a mail asking me to change it, or warning instead of an infraction
    जाट के ठाठ हैं .....

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rskankara For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (March 13th, 2014), vicky84 (March 13th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Dear desijat,

-------
    -------

All the best,
    Jatland Forums

Friend,

To put the record straight, the cause of the infraction is wrong posting in the thread not otherwise stated by the respected member, see please the full text:

Infraction for desijat: Invalid Profile Info/Signature

User: desijat
    Infraction: Invalid Profile Info/Signature

Administrative Note:
    Avoid posting in wrong forums / Awarded I infraction point

Message to User:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

rskankara (March 13th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by rskankara View Post
    on lighter note: Vikas- Careful in future and follow the fatva of JL otherwise ......... after 2 month JL kya Hindustan se ban kar diye jaoge

on serious note: kya sir(s) ji ... kya ho rahaa hai jatland par......
    Managers of site should come out clearly on implementation their policy and address the issue raised by "Desijat" one of the few active member of JL...
    Read the clarification in the preceding post please and the matter stands clarified !

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

rskankara (March 13th, 2014)

Seeking clarity on policies

Off late members have been seeing a lot of action by Moderators, which is most welcomed in order to continue a good discussion but I would seek some clarity if moderators may please on the following issue:

1) Infractions- what causes an infraction?

To me it is whens one gets personal, posts objectionable content but I got an infraction for posting an anti-bjp post in 2014 election thread which to me was very much relevant to thread. How do we plan to take care of such personal interpretations, and should infractions be wasted/used/utilised on such honest and minute mistakes?

2) Closing of threads: 2 threads have been closed where in members were still discussing, e.g. I had a question for moderators where they were seeking suggestions but thread was closed before I could ask. On some of the threads they are closed but the objectionable content, for which they were banned is left.
    Can we get a clarity on when and why do moderators choose to ban a thread?

P.S. Please dont take this as a retaliation of any sort for infraction, but a genuine effort to seek some clarity.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

rskankara (March 13th, 2014), vicky84 (March 13th, 2014)

A personal note for putting the record straight.

1.The two threads mentioned by you have been temporarily closed.

2. Your post under reference was not posted in the relevant thread.

For guidelines, site policy and suggestions to make discussions more attractive one could take hints by logging in:

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...es-at-JATland-!!!

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...GET-YOU-BANNED!!

and for member-site contract :

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...nt-PLEASE-READ

Thanks

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (March 13th, 2014), bishanleo2001 (March 13th, 2014), rajpaldular (March 13th, 2014), rskankara (March 13th, 2014), VirJ (March 13th, 2014)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Lightbulb

Thank you Dr Rajpal sir. Only request I have is that while deleting posts/giving infractions/locking threads etc, if Mods can kindly write with more clarity (may be one or two more lines than the standard response) - probably most of the above issues can be avoided. I understand that Mods also have very little time and, of course, doing it voluntarily, thus the above is just a request.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to anilsangwan For This Useful Post:

desijat (March 13th, 2014), Prikshit (March 13th, 2014), rskankara (March 13th, 2014), ssgoyat (March 13th, 2014), sunnytewatia (March 24th, 2014), swaich (March 14th, 2014), vicky84 (March 14th, 2014), VirJ (March 13th, 2014)

I just want to add one more thing to Anil's post that closing a thread is like running away from actual problem. 3 members got involved in personal attacks and someone closed the thread. Why punish those who want to participate in the discussion. Those members can still abuse each other in some other thread if they want. Another thing is the abusive posts are still there. At least they should have been deleted.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (March 13th, 2014), cooljat (March 13th, 2014), jitendershooda (March 20th, 2014), Prikshit (March 13th, 2014), sunnytewatia (March 24th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by VirJ View Post
    I just want to add one more thing to Anil's post that closing a thread is like running away from actual problem. 3 members got involved in personal attacks and someone closed the thread. Why punish those who want to participate in the discussion. Those members can still abuse each other in some other thread if they want. Another thing is the abusive posts are still there. At least they should have been deleted.
    To add to it (They can personally fight via PM) Why close a thread for this reason.
    Last edited by Prikshit; March 13th, 2014 at 02:37 PM.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

ndalal (March 13th, 2014), sunnytewatia (March 24th, 2014)

I think there should also be a policy that, if 10 members complain about such moderator inappropriate actions. Moderators access to JL should be blocked for a week. ;-p
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (March 13th, 2014), cooljat (March 13th, 2014), jitendershooda (March 20th, 2014), Prikshit (March 13th, 2014), rekhasmriti (March 15th, 2014), sunnytewatia (March 24th, 2014), vicky84 (March 14th, 2014)

I don't think that would be a valid way, consensus is not always the right way to run an establishment. You need to be strict, free and responsible for law enabling.

I think there should also be a policy that, if 10 members complain about such moderator inappropriate actions. Moderators access to JL should be blocked for a week. ;-p

33. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

jitendershooda (March 20th, 2014)

Kindly site one example of inappropriate action of moderator to substantiate your suggestion, please ! This action on your part would facilitate working of moderators in more judicious manner.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; March 15th, 2014 at 10:41 AM.

Cant criticise the functioning of site now...

Dear VirJ,

Reason: Criticism of the site functioning
    -------
    Kindly do not use inappropriate language against functioning of the Jatland.com as you have done in your post:

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...ified&p=359243

Awarded Infraction : 3 points and issue warning to the member to be careful in future to avoid more award of infraction points.
    -------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Better ban me sir !. These Chalans cant supress my views.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (March 16th, 2014), sunnytewatia (March 24th, 2014)