Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestions invited to further improve the contents of discussions

Quote Originally Posted by VirJ View Post
    Dear VirJ,

You have received an infraction at Jatland Forums.

Reason: Criticism of the site functioning
    -------
    Kindly do not use inappropriate language against functioning of the Jatland.com as you have done in your post:

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...ified&p=359243

Awarded Infraction : 3 points and issue warning to the member to be careful in future to avoid more award of infraction points.
    -------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Better ban me sir !. These Chalans cant supress my views.
    Friend,

Rights and duties go hand in hand; so one must respect both.

None is going to ban you so long as you follow the site rules while enjoying your freedom of expression.

Thanks and regards
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Sir, No Issues. Just felt its unfair to delete someone's post without warning especially when members put in so much time and effort to write them.

My posts very not abusive they were just in reply to someone's post. And I myself have even requested Mods to move them if they feel its off topic.

Anyway, understand that If we have to be member we have to go by its Rules.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Sir, No Issues. Just felt its unfair to delete someone's post without warning especially when members put in so much time and effort to write them.

My posts very not abusive they were just in reply to someone's post. And I myself have even requested Mods to move them if they feel its off topic.

How come Vipin is banned out of blue?
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

hemanthooda (March 24th, 2014), jitendershooda (March 20th, 2014), rsdalal (March 20th, 2014)

I too was surprised to see the ban. Perhaps it will not be too much to ask the Mods to atleast share reasons/justifications for bans in a thread specifically dedicated to this purpose? Members after all have a right to know why a fellow member was banned.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

rsdalal (March 20th, 2014)

I'd agree, I have never seen Vipin posting any objectionable stuff. I would be curious to know why is he banned.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

hemanthooda (March 24th, 2014), rsdalal (March 20th, 2014)

Sir, No Issues..........................
    Friend,

Yes, no issues remain unresolved.

You are welcome to contribute posts in continued cooperative spirit following site rules as agreed upon !

Thanks and regards,
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Rajpal Ji

The reason for Vipin's ban is

'Dear VirJ,

You have received an infraction at Jatland Forums.

Reason: Criticism of the site functioning'

I am quite surprised, does that mean no member would be allowed to criticize any action or was it just because he used bad language to criticize it?

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friend,

Yes, no issues remain unresolved.

You are welcome to contribute posts in continued cooperative spirit following site rules as agreed upon !

Thanks and regards,

11. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

rsdalal (March 20th, 2014)

I also have not seen any objectionable post from Vipin...
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

The very first day on my return; when I replied to Samar's post on Reservation, the post got deleted under category - "Not related to topic". It was weird as I only discussed about Reservation only, in regard of past discussions about the same with Samar. Its true that once it got deleted, user 90% of the time don't rephrase it and it will go un-contributed.

NeverMind, moderators are doing a thankless job and I appreciate the time they put to keep the site's decorum. Please see the feasibility of providing a warning first and then at second step removal of the post for some categories.

Er, gujarish hai ki BAN te kati last resort pe use karo. I remember we lost very good members in past only because of this BAN thing. Member may take it on ego and this hurts the whole community later on.

I saw that VIPIN Jyani was an old member too and he contributed more than thousand posts, so putting a BAN is I feel a hard step, don't know if the real matter could have been resolved in a better way than this BAN.
    Last edited by jitendershooda; March 20th, 2014 at 11:49 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jitendershooda For This Useful Post:

brahmtewatia (March 25th, 2014), hemanthooda (March 24th, 2014), skharb (April 20th, 2014), vikasJAT (March 22nd, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    The very first day on my return; when I replied to Samar's post on Reservation, the post got deleted under category - "Not related to topic". It was weird as I only discussed about Reservation only, in regard of past discussions about the same with Samar. Its true that once it got deleted, user 90% of the time don't rephrase it and it will go un-contributed.

NeverMind, moderators are doing a thankless job and I appreciate the time they put to keep the site's decorum. Please see the feasibility of providing a warning first and then at second step removal of the post for some categories.

Er, gujarish hai ki BAN te kati last resort pe use karo. I remember we lost very good members in past only because of this BAN thing. Member may take it on ego and this hurts the whole community later on.

I saw that VIPIN Jyani was an old member too and he contributed more than thousand posts, so putting a BAN is I feel a hard step, don't know if the real matter could have been resolved in a better way than this BAN.
    Friend,
    Some good points raised for guidance of the moderators for which you deserve thanks.

You are a valued senior member of the site and surely might have seen tricky situations on the site created by we, the members of the site, at times due to discussions aimed at on persons not on the posts or themes of threads. You might also be aware about our intentional or inadvertent tendency to overthrow decency and rules to air. Under the circumstances, the need for maintenance of semblance of order arises.

Further to address the complaints/grievances of site members against fellow members, the need of removal of objectionable stuff arises.

Keeping in view all this, should the moderation/editing be totally done away with .

Thanks and regards

Friend,
    Some good points raised for guidance of the moderators for which you deserve thanks.

You are a valued senior member of the site and surely might have seen tricky situations on the site created by we, the members of the site, at times due to discussions aimed at on persons not on the posts or themes of threads. You might also be aware about our intentional or inadvertent tendency to overthrow decency and rules to air. Under the circumstances, the need for maintenance of semblance of order arises.

Further to address the complaints/grievances of site members against fellow members, the need of removal of objectionable stuff arises.

Keeping in view all this, should the moderation/editing be totally done away with .

Thanks and regards
    Maybe the mods and admins should learn to take criticism instead of throwing up hands in the air and saying "we'd rather do away with it"!

Moderation is definitely required, but it can be definitely changed for the better.

Transparency - Please explain actions like banning a member via a separate thread. This is not to shame the member, but to make it transparent for everyone else why the member was banned. You can't say JL is a family and then suddenly chuck one member out without informing the other members. Agreed, the members don't always act like family but Mods have to be held to a higher standard.

Consistency/Deletion of posts: Too often some posts are deleted but similar posts are allowed to stand in the same thread. There is a distinct lack of consistency which suggests moderation is done in a reactive way and posts are deleted only when someone reports them. Another point related to this is that sometimes a couple of sentences in a post are in violation but still the whole posts gets deleted. Instead, a better option would be to delete out the offending sentences.

I hope this criticism is taken in a positive sense. Moderation is indeed a thankless job and the purpose here is to improve it for the betterment of JL.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

desijat (March 21st, 2014), hemanthooda (March 24th, 2014), ssgoyat (March 22nd, 2014)

Most of the post deletion has been pretty random, for instance my suggestion on Rajpal Ji's thread of asking people before merging threads was deleted saying it was unrelated to thread but the last 2 comments, to which it were a follow up were not deleted.

I am fine with deletion of the comment as it was unrelated but I would have appreciated either a reply to the suggestion, or everything on the thread to be deleted for fairness.

And thank you for doing the thankless job, it is really appreciated. We are all trying to make this a better place

19. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

hemanthooda (March 24th, 2014)

Work of Moderation of Thread should be given to someone YOUNG.
    Democracy main ghode gadhe sabb brabar hotein hain.

Quote Originally Posted by swaich View Post
    Maybe the mods and admins should learn to take criticism instead of throwing up hands in the air and saying "we'd rather do away with it"!

Moderation is definitely required, but it can be definitely changed for the better.

Transparency - Please explain actions like banning a member via a separate thread. This is not to shame the member, but to make it transparent for everyone else why the member was banned. You can't say JL is a family and then suddenly chuck one member out without informing the other members. Agreed, the members don't always act like family but Mods have to be held to a higher standard.

Consistency/Deletion of posts: Too often some posts are deleted but similar posts are allowed to stand in the same thread. There is a distinct lack of consistency which suggests moderation is done in a reactive way and posts are deleted only when someone reports them. Another point related to this is that sometimes a couple of sentences in a post are in violation but still the whole posts gets deleted. Instead, a better option would be to delete out the offending sentences.

I hope this criticism is taken in a positive sense. Moderation is indeed a thankless job and the purpose here is to improve it for the betterment of JL.
    Good !

One comment is necessary to be added on partial editing of posts as suggested by you:

"Another point related to this is that sometimes a couple of sentences in a post are in violation but still the whole posts gets deleted. Instead, a better option would be to delete out the offending sentences."

This method was tried but the members whose posts were partially deleted raised issues saying that they did not like that their posts were dealt with in that manner adding that their contextual continuity was lost. Hence, the present system was adopted.

As much posts are scanned as possible but some post might have escaped at times thus giving chance to allegation that there is partiality.

It would be appreciated if any post violates site policy, the same may be reported and rest assured, the moderators/editors would definitely act according to the merit of the case.

You are doing a brilliant job of maintaining decorum but sometimes many members get offended alike Vipin Jyani which is natural. They might say ''ban me'' but it doesnt literally mean that they want a ban or something unpleasant. We at JL are already facing lack of significant contributors.When such incident happens, members and editors should collectively try to resolve it instead of going through an extreme route. So emphasis should be on balanced and self - moderation as pointed by Ravi Ji in his approach followed by deletion of personal comments. As I said earlier as well policies are for members but members are not policies in every single case.

I personally request all respected administrators and moderators to consider amicable and positive resolve of Vipin Bhai's issue.

Good !

One comment is necessary to be added on partial editing of posts as suggested by you:

"Another point related to this is that sometimes a couple of sentences in a post are in violation but still the whole posts gets deleted. Instead, a better option would be to delete out the offending sentences."

This method was tried but the members whose posts were partially deleted raised issues saying that they did not like that their posts were dealt with in that manner adding that their contextual continuity was lost. Hence, the present system was adopted.

As much posts are scanned as possible but some post might have escaped at times thus giving chance to allegation that there is partiality.

It would be appreciated if any post violates site policy, the same may be reported and rest assured, the moderators/editors would definitely act according to the merit of the case.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

brahmtewatia (March 25th, 2014), hemanthooda (March 24th, 2014), rekhasmriti (March 23rd, 2014), swaich (March 22nd, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post

Related post topic based hote hue delete hona yaha aam baat hai...........same case mere sath 4-5 bar ho chuka hai.......us din se maine post krna he chod diya.
    Maine JL 2010 me join kiya tha us time JL per chaupal khach khach bhari rehti thi.......joke b bot post hote the.....serious discussion b bot hote the.....lekin aaj aap khud he dekho ki JL per Daily visitors kitne hain??

Dusra yaha BAN ka chaln b jyda chala hua hai......koi b thodi si kadvi post likh de to BAN.
    Koi yaha Moderator ka frnd h aur uski kisi k sath ni banti to uske kehne per BAN.
    Ek self BAN ka bhi option hai.

Agar koi bina kisi serious baat k BAN kiya jata h to vo yaha kabhi mood kar ni aata aur na apne kisi frnd ko JL join krne ko suggest krta.
    Aise me site k daily visitors b kam ho rhe hain aur popularity b kam ho rhi hai.

Is site ko improve krne k liye main moderators ko kuch kehna chahunga

1) Agar koi post topic based ni hai to use delete kre na ki BAN kre
    2) Agar koi post me gali gloch krta hai to uski post delete kr k use 1-2 bar warning de....fir b na mane to fir BAN kre vo b resaon explain kr k
    3) Self BAN ka option he khatam kre.....jo yha aana ni chahta vo login he na kre self ban ki kya jaroorat h.
    4) Aur jo moderators is dosti me galat decision le kr BAN krte hain unse request h ki vo dosti bahar ja kr nibhaye na ki JL per BAN kr k.

Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

25. The Following User Says Thank You to vikasJAT For This Useful Post:

skharb (April 20th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by vikasJAT View Post
    Related post topic based hote hue delete hona yaha aam baat hai...........same case mere sath 4-5 bar ho chuka hai.......us din se maine post krna he chod diya.
    Maine JL 2010 me join kiya tha us time JL per chaupal khach khach bhari rehti thi.......joke b bot post hote the.....serious discussion b bot hote the.....lekin aaj aap khud he dekho ki JL per Daily visitors kitne hain??

Dusra yaha BAN ka chaln b jyda chala hua hai......koi b thodi si kadvi post likh de to BAN.
    Koi yaha Moderator ka frnd h aur uski kisi k sath ni banti to uske kehne per BAN.
    Ek self BAN ka bhi option hai.

Agar koi bina kisi serious baat k BAN kiya jata h to vo yaha kabhi mood kar ni aata aur na apne kisi frnd ko JL join krne ko suggest krta.
    Aise me site k daily visitors b kam ho rhe hain aur popularity b kam ho rhi hai.

Is site ko improve krne k liye main moderators ko kuch kehna chahunga

1) Agar koi post topic based ni hai to use delete kre na ki BAN kre
    2) Agar koi post me gali gloch krta hai to uski post delete kr k use 1-2 bar warning de....fir b na mane to fir BAN kre vo b resaon explain kr k
    3) Self BAN ka option he khatam kre.....jo yha aana ni chahta vo login he na kre self ban ki kya jaroorat h.
    4) Aur jo moderators is dosti me galat decision le kr BAN krte hain unse request h ki vo dosti bahar ja kr nibhaye na ki JL per BAN kr k.

Welcome back.

For Good Suggestions, thanks.

Hope continued constructive cooperation from the veterans to make the site more attractive and useful .
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; March 24th, 2014 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VikrantChodhary View Post
    Work of Moderation of Thread should be given to someone YOUNG.
    That is not a solution at all. Even senior mods are also doing a good job. Its all about faiirness, age diesnt matter dear bikrant

28. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnytewatia For This Useful Post:

vicky84 (March 25th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnytewatia View Post
    That is not a solution at all. Even senior mods are also doing a good job. Its all about faiirness, age diesnt matter dear bikrant
    Wa te theek se bhai ... senior junior ki baat konya .... akdu-nasamajh-egoistic-gussail-unsocial aadmi agar koi moderator hai (junior/senior) to unko site ke hit mein moderator ship se tyagpatr de dena chahiye. Aise panchayati bhalai se jyada nuksan karte hein samaj ka.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jitendershooda For This Useful Post:

hemanthooda (March 25th, 2014), skharb (April 20th, 2014)

Thanks for sharing your valuable inputs. Since no suggestions are pouring in, the thread is being closed !