Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Idea for new business

Idea for new business

Dear All

I have done B.Tech and M.Tech in Computer Engineering from NIT Kurukshetra.
    I have worked in software industry and now shifted to teaching industry.

Now I want to start my own business.
    As we know that we have a lot of experienced people here on Jatland, so I request all of you to please guide me and suggest me some business.

Although I am open to all fields but I want to do something related to agriculture, i.e some agro-based business, that i can start from my village itself.

Your ideas are most welcome.
    Regards
    Sandeep Chahal

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to daivischahal For This Useful Post:

desijat (February 6th, 2014), Prikshit (February 6th, 2014), rajpaldular (February 6th, 2014), rsdalal (February 4th, 2014), saurabhjaglan (February 13th, 2014), ssgoyat (February 8th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (February 6th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by daivischahal View Post
    Dear All

As we know that we have a lot of experienced people here on Jatland, so I request all of you to please guide me and suggest me some business.

Although I am open to all fields but I want to do something related to agriculture, i.e some agro-based business, that i can start from my village itself.

Regards
    Sandeep Chahal
    IT in agriculture(Something new) ponder over it.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (February 6th, 2014), rajpaldular (February 6th, 2014)

I would like you to welcome here, and as an IT software (past) I can think of why are you going to agriculture .

There are many agri based business around India, many farmers are practicing. 'The Hindu' (Newspaper) write many in 'Farmers Notebook' column.

As: 1. medical farming, 2. Green House and solar water pumps and dripping, 3. apiculture, 4. Horticulture with many small fruit gardens.

5. Vermicompost, 6. bio-gas. etc...

There are many books, "bharat prakashan vibhag" about village development. and about soil testing, requirements for particular trees, crops.

You can become gram-shabha agri repsentative, and teach all about the new methods of farming.

In Indian villages until you prove to them they don't believe you, so you need to work hard and look a like them too (farmer). (its creepy but true.)

Keep your self motivated, Horticulture and medical farming takes time. Along with this you can start side business, like code and site making (freelancing), educating about computers, and tuition classes, if you are going to live in the village.

Hope this helps.
    Regards

Shiv K. Chaudhary
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. .

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shivamchaudhary For This Useful Post:

bharti (February 14th, 2014), desijat (February 6th, 2014), Prikshit (February 13th, 2014), rajpaldular (February 7th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (March 16th, 2014)

Sandeep Bhai,

Do you want to work in IT, or beyond?

It would be helpful if you could share your LinkedIn too.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (February 13th, 2014), rajpaldular (February 7th, 2014), vikda (February 7th, 2014)

Vikas bhai,
    I don't want to confine myself within IT boundaries. Few days back, I was thinking to start a dairy business. But, it would be really good if I can use my Technical knowledge.
    I am also thinking about opening a coaching center for IIT/JEE in my village. But for this, I need one more member.
    Another idea is about some electronics business. For example, making car central locking, power window, GPS, Security System etc.
    But I am open to any field.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to daivischahal For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (February 7th, 2014)

Vikas Bhai

I am open to every field, starting from Dairy farm to some electronics business.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to daivischahal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Sandeep Bhai,

Do you want to work in IT, or beyond?

It would be helpful if you could share your LinkedIn too.
    Vikas Bhai
    I am open to all fields.

My LinkedIn Id is :http://lnkd.in/bec27Zz

14. The Following User Says Thank You to daivischahal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shivamchaudhary View Post
    I would like you to welcome here, and as an IT software (past) I can think of why are you going to agriculture .

There are many agri based business around India, many farmers are practicing. 'The Hindu' (Newspaper) write many in 'Farmers Notebook' column.

As: 1. medical farming, 2. Green House and solar water pumps and dripping, 3. apiculture, 4. Horticulture with many small fruit gardens.

5. Vermicompost, 6. bio-gas. etc...

There are many books, "bharat prakashan vibhag" about village development. and about soil testing, requirements for particular trees, crops.

You can become gram-shabha agri repsentative, and teach all about the new methods of farming.

In Indian villages until you prove to them they don't believe you, so you need to work hard and look a like them too (farmer). (its creepy but true.)

Keep your self motivated, Horticulture and medical farming takes time. Along with this you can start side business, like code and site making (freelancing), educating about computers, and tuition classes, if you are going to live in the village.

Hope this helps.
    Shivam bhai
    Thanks for the info. I will look into Bio-gas business. In fact, somebody started this business few years back, but left in-between.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to daivischahal For This Useful Post:

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Bhai,
    Have a look at this also : http://haryanait.gov.in/notifications/Jan08_2K4.pdf
    They are starting Common Service Center in villages. You are an MTech and will be eligible.
    Jansewa bhi aur kaam bhi !!!

Vikas Bhai
    I am open to all fields.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anilsangwan For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (February 8th, 2014), ygulia (February 7th, 2014)

Sandeep Bhai,
    It is a welcome step.
    Business can be in any area , it should be profitable.

I also want to do something .

I have idea to start Agri Tourism.

For this we can start with some mud houses in typical villages between 50 to 150 Km range from Delhi.

All the Communication facilities need to be provided there.
    Internet / Café
    Mud games
    Giving the coming guest exposure to Agri work

For this we need to do collect data and do market research .

Data Analysis will be required in 1st Phase to know the potential customers.

I am ready to make a club for this with like minded persons and do some investment.

Regards
    Krishan Lakra

Dear All

Regards
    Sandeep Chahal

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krishdel For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (February 13th, 2014), ssgoyat (February 13th, 2014)

Thanks anil bhai
    It seems to be a good business for me as I am more interested in "Jansewa" instead of earning huge profits. Moreover, the investment is also less. I am doing some research on this and also taking suggestion from different people about CSC.
    Ek dost ne bataya ki ye concept 3-4 saal pahale bhi shuru kiya tha government ne, par tab successful nahi hua.

If, anybody here on jatland, has any idea about this "Common Service Centre", please guide me.

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    Bhai,
    Have a look at this also : http://haryanait.gov.in/notifications/Jan08_2K4.pdf
    They are starting Common Service Center in villages. You are an MTech and will be eligible.
    Jansewa bhi aur kaam bhi !!!

Krishan bhai
    Your idea is good but it target the urban people and I think that it will be successful only around metro cities like delhi. Because villagers don't have enough money to spent on tours.
    You can also plan for some school students visit in this idea. Now a days, high profile schools, like DPS, take their students in villages for more exposure and practical experience about farmers and agriculture.

Quote Originally Posted by krishdel View Post
    Sandeep Bhai,
    It is a welcome step.
    Business can be in any area , it should be profitable.

I also want to do something .

I have idea to start Agri Tourism.

For this we can start with some mud houses in typical villages between 50 to 150 Km range from Delhi.

All the Communication facilities need to be provided there.
    Internet / Café
    Mud games
    Giving the coming guest exposure to Agri work

For this we need to do collect data and do market research .

Data Analysis will be required in 1st Phase to know the potential customers.

I am ready to make a club for this with like minded persons and do some investment.

Regards
    Krishan Lakra

Login to view details.
    Earlier govt could not start it in Haryana because of lack of proper planning. Now, looking at the documents they have made for this, seems they are quite under pressure to launch it.

Once started, it is going to be good. You can contact your distt Hartron / DC office for this.

Thanks anil bhai
    It seems to be a good business for me as I am more interested in "Jansewa" instead of earning huge profits. Moreover, the investment is also less. I am doing some research on this and also taking suggestion from different people about CSC.
    Ek dost ne bataya ki ye concept 3-4 saal pahale bhi shuru kiya tha government ne, par tab successful nahi hua.

If, anybody here on jatland, has any idea about this "Common Service Centre", please guide me.

Dear All

Regards
    Sandeep Chahal
    Gaam ki sari thalli budhli lugaiyyan ne kundi kutka pakda ke nari ganthya ki, cholliye ki, kachchhara ki chuttney banwa arr dilli sehar me le ja ke bech..arr teend ka achaar mat na bhuliye bhai..

ek dikkat hai, ak isme computerr engg kaam nahi avegi....
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

daivischahal (February 18th, 2014), desijat (February 13th, 2014), Prikshit (February 13th, 2014), rajpaldular (February 18th, 2014), rohittewatia (November 18th, 2014)

Chahal bhai

Right now you are a wanterpreneur, not an entrepreneur and it signals all the more reason for you to be careful of what should you choose to do.

People who are successful in business are successful because they are confident they can make more money working for themselves in the area of expertise they have, or at least the passion they have for a perticular idea which live for and not because they wanted to be an entrepreneur. You might talk of doing a business for social good but ultimate bottom line for any business is making more cash than you can burn.

Often the cycle of a business starts with an idea which translates into passion and then comes the important decision- to do it or not. Right now you are on stage -1, not even zero.

Another thing i would advice you of is NOT to crowd source ideas. People are good at giving ideas as they have nothing at stake, it is your time and money that goes into building that idea. Hence- do something that you are confident of no one else doing it better than you.

Often people who are wanterpreneur or want to get into business for the heck of it are belonging to rich business class families and have resources and talent at their disposal to make it work, and even it does not the cost of faliure is too minimal for them.

Dont think I am discouraging you brother, but just giving a reality check from my experience.

I would recommend you to go to colleges and start up fests and listen to ideas if you have none, find the right people and then take it on.

Vikas Bhai
    I am open to all fields.

सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

anil_rathee (February 26th, 2014), daivischahal (February 18th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (February 14th, 2014), rohittewatia (November 18th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Chahal bhai

Right now you are a wanterpreneur, not an entrepreneur and it signals all the more reason for you to be careful of what should you choose to do.

People who are successful in business are successful because they are confident they can make more money working for themselves in the area of expertise they have, or at least the passion they have for a perticular idea which live for and not because they wanted to be an entrepreneur. You might talk of doing a business for social good but ultimate bottom line for any business is making more cash than you can burn.

Often the cycle of a business starts with an idea which translates into passion and then comes the important decision- to do it or not. Right now you are on stage -1, not even zero.

Another thing i would advice you of is NOT to crowd source ideas. People are good at giving ideas as they have nothing at stake, it is your time and money that goes into building that idea. Hence- do something that you are confident of no one else doing it better than you.

Often people who are wanterpreneur or want to get into business for the heck of it are belonging to rich business class families and have resources and talent at their disposal to make it work, and even it does not the cost of faliure is too minimal for them.

Dont think I am discouraging you brother, but just giving a reality check from my experience.

I would recommend you to go to colleges and start up fests and listen to ideas if you have none, find the right people and then take it on.
    Sahi keh hai dessi, aadhe JL pe ghankare wrong people e hande se, kise ki mat na suniye aade.

to sum up dessi: suno-samjho right people ki, karo apne man ki

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (February 14th, 2014), desijat (February 14th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (February 14th, 2014), rajpaldular (February 18th, 2014)

one thing appreciable for this thread is that its different from typical pro political or humors effects.At least one of our colleague is interested in starting up of business.But the way he is seeking business formulas is not proper.If one is doing business and seeking facilitation or expansion help it is utmost welcome,but seeking advice for that sort of business in which one doesn't have expertise or knowledge is quite dangerous.It is just like a big corporate house asking from venture capitalists to invest in that business which is substantial and tasted the time.Even they too invest after having a good knowledge,concepts,skills,returns,market studies,feasible studies etc.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bipindahiya For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (February 14th, 2014), deveshdahiya (March 11th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (February 14th, 2014), rajpaldular (February 18th, 2014)

Dear All

/////////////
    Regards
    Sandeep Chahal
    Sandeep Bhai

Very complex situation !

When you consider your teaching profession as 'Teaching industry'. When industry itself represent business then what is fun for switching over to another one !

Thanks and regards
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (February 18th, 2014)

Login to view details.
    Sir - I hope you have heard of IIT JEE coaching centres in Kota/ Delhi.. Those also come under this category and are business.
    Yes, it is a noble profession but no harm in calling it a business as well. Rather - one can call it "education industry" to be better with definition..

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Sandeep Bhai

Very complex situation !

When you consider your teaching profession as 'Teaching industry'. When industry itself represent business then what is fun for switching over to another one !

Thanks and regards

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anilsangwan For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 14th, 2014), rajpaldular (February 18th, 2014)

Rajpal Sir,

You are very much right. I should try in 'Teaching Industry' . I am preparing to start IIT/JEE coaching center near my village.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Sandeep Bhai

Very complex situation !

Thanks and regards

37. The Following User Says Thank You to daivischahal For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (February 18th, 2014)