Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Whom to Vote in the General Elections 2014

Whom to Vote in the General Elections 2014

For the last few months we have been witnessing that every political party has thrown their hat to win the confidence of the electorate in the forthcoming General Elections by making promises to perform in the interest of the citizens of India. The occasion is fast approaching when the Indian voters will have chance to elect who would govern them for the next say five years. It is high time that voters are enlightened about the reality of the dreams being sold by various political parties. The voters are required to be told not to miss the chance to vote on the appointed day and elect the best possible candidates.

The choice of the people will seal the destiny of many a candidates and hence every voter must come forward and not miss the chance to decide the best future representatives to sit in the new Lok Sabha.

How to ensure maximum voting and what characteristics a candidate must possess to be your representative, kindly share.

History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (February 21st, 2014), rajpaldular (February 21st, 2014), sukhbirhooda (February 24th, 2014), yogeshdahiya007 (February 21st, 2014)

To feel the pulse of the nation kindly see link:

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/in...t/20140218.htm
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (February 21st, 2014), rajpaldular (February 21st, 2014), sukhbirhooda (February 24th, 2014), yogeshdahiya007 (February 21st, 2014)

Another thread on the same Topic. Sometime I read posts on my mobile whenever I get some time. There are some good posts/Topics and I think I will reply later. But when I want to reply I can even find the post because there are so many similar threads.

I know one can argue that this thread is not about AAP, Congress or BJP etc it is about general elections. But General elections are about AAP, Congress and BJP isn't it?
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 22nd, 2014), rajpaldular (February 25th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (February 24th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by VirJ View Post
    Another thread on the same Topic. Sometime I read posts on my mobile whenever I get some time. There are some good posts/Topics and I think I will reply later. But when I want to reply I can even find the post because there are so many similar threads.

I know one can argue that this thread is not about AAP, Congress or BJP etc it is about general elections. But General elections are about AAP, Congress and BJP isn't it?
    The canvass and universe of the thread is very vast, as vast as India itself and its political parties are !

This is to say that thread is not exclusively devoted to AAP Congress and BJP but is open for discussion of all political parties as well as independent candidates credentials who would be jumping into the election fray for Lok Sabha.

Therefore members are requested to join discussion on members/parties across the length and breadth of India.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (February 25th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    For the last few months we have been witnessing that every political party has thrown their hat to win the confidence of the electorate in the forthcoming General Elections by making promises to perform in the interest of the citizens of India. The occasion is fast approaching when the Indian voters will have chance to elect who would govern them for the next say five years. It is high time that voters are enlightened about the reality of the dreams being sold by various political parties. The voters are required to be told not to miss the chance to vote on the appointed day and elect the best possible candidates.

The choice of the people will seal the destiny of many a candidates and hence every voter must come forward and not miss the chance to decide the best future representatives to sit in the new Lok Sabha.

How to ensure maximum voting and what characteristics a candidate must possess to be your representative, kindly share.

What about your own views on the same thing ?
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 24th, 2014), spdeshwal (February 25th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    What about your own views on the same thing ?
    Friend,

The representative of the people in the Lok Sabha must be a Role Model for bureaucracy and other elected representative bodies.

The candidate must possess all the required qualifications [without enjoying any exception tag] prescribed by the Election commission of India in addition to his proven credentials for service to the people [not to be a professional type of politician with vested interests] to be their representative. If such person is available then other petty considerations like religion, region, language, caste, community, creed etc must be overlooked.
    Maximum participation in voting process could be ensured by ensuring better law and order conditions as well as mobilising the electorate at the grass roots level by enlightening them about the value of their one time effort in five years giving a good stuff to rule the destiny of the nation.

Thanks and regards
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; February 24th, 2014 at 08:58 AM.

The voters must remain vigilant and ensure that no tainted leader, to which so ever party he/she may belong, makes it to the 16th Lok Sabha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (February 25th, 2014)

The voters must remain vigilant and ensure that no tainted leader, to which so ever party he/she may belong, makes it to the 16th Lok Sabha.
    What is your definition of tainted? Taint of accusation, media reports, under investigation by govt agency or convicted? If only the latter, then almost everyone in contention for the Lok Sabha is taint free.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 25th, 2014)

Jaspreet,
    It would be good if you share your definition of taintless, so that we JLanders have a choice of taking away from the best definition.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (February 25th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (February 25th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    Jaspreet,
    It would be good if you share your definition of taintless, so that we JLanders have a choice of taking away from the best definition.
    To understand taint-less we must understand tainted first; hence my question.

In any case, the underlying point behind my post was that 'taint' is a very subjective thing and can vary from person to person. So it can't be the sole criteria.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

Quote Originally Posted by swaich View Post
    What is your definition of tainted? Taint of accusation, media reports, under investigation by govt agency or convicted? If only the latter, then almost everyone in contention for the Lok Sabha is taint free.

The definition will be as per provisions of the law of land !

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

To understand taint-less we must understand tainted first; hence my question.

In any case, the underlying point behind my post was that 'taint' is a very subjective thing and can vary from person to person. So it can't be the sole criteria.
    Agreed that it is a subjective word. But none is thrusting it to anyone as the sole test as readers are wise enough to weigh the credentials of the candidates and make a right choice after weighing all pros and cones involved.

You may also suggest some way out to smoothen their choices.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (February 25th, 2014), Prikshit (February 25th, 2014)

The definition will be as per provisions of the law of land !
    There is a law defining taint? Please do share!
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 25th, 2014), vikda (March 1st, 2014)

There is a law defining taint? Please do share!
    In addition to various decisions given by the High Courts and Supreme Court of India on election petitions and other cases against the citizens of India, disqualifications as given in the peoples representative act fall in this category.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

In addition to various decisions given by the High Courts and Supreme Court of India on election petitions and other cases against the citizens of India, disqualifications as given in the peoples representative act fall in this category.
    And that is........?
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

More choice before the voters:

Ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, 11 parties on Tuesday got together with a vow to defeat Congress-led United Progressive Alliances and prevent the Bharatiya Janata Party from coming to power by presenting themselves as an alternative to them.
    The announcement was made after a meeting in New Delhi of the leaders of the parties including JD-United, Left, Samajwadi Party, All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam.

Read full report, Link: http://www.rediff.com/news/report/el...s/20140225.htm

Before deciding to cast your vote, kindly read this also:

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/bj...e/20140225.htm

Arrow Thread with a difference

Most of us come here with an inclination for a particular party and most of us turn blind eye towards any shortcomings of that party, or leader and go to any extend to justify even wrong doings of those people/party. But like some wise man said- nobody's perfect and I can safely assume we are all matured enough to agree to that.

So let us discuss the shortcomings in the party you support with an aim of making it better, or let us constructively criticize.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Most of you blame me for being a Congressi so let me start with Congress myself:

1) Poor media management: I think Congress does not to a good job in marketing their work

2) Tainted ministers: while we can argue the level of corruption, the fact is there is no smoke without fire. Inability of MMS to speak loudly against perceived corruption is not taken in right spirits.

3) Rahul is not a good orator: Politics is an art of speaking a lie with such a conviction that people start to believe it, Rahul fails in doing so at times.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 26th, 2014), rohittewatia (March 5th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Most of us come here with an inclination for a particular party and most of us turn blind eye towards any shortcomings of that party, or leader and go to any extend to justify even wrong doings of those people/party. But like some wise man said- nobody's perfect and I can safely assume we are all matured enough to agree to that.

So let us discuss the shortcomings in the party you support with an aim of making it better, or let us constructively criticize.
    Nice topic. Lets start with your own views on Congress ONLY and then BJP and perhaps then AAP and other regional giants and hobgoblins.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (February 26th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (February 26th, 2014), mann123 (March 23rd, 2014), Prikshit (February 26th, 2014)